The Biggest Loser Cassandra Sturos Exclusive Blog: Week Eight

February 22, 2012 01:47 PM by Cassandra Sturos

Drama, drama, drama! The black team turned against Daphne last night on The Biggest Loser and today it was reported that the contestants that are still on the ranch filming, walked off because they didn’t like a new twist that the producers threw at them. Cassandra Sturos is back this week with her exclusive blog talking about what happened on the show last night and what she thought about the big Conda and Jeremy switch!

Oy! What a week of craziness at the ranch! To start out with a temptation is never, ever my favorite way to go; it just doesn’t seem to bode well in this house. And boy was I right. I ate feeling quite frantic over the thought of losing my beloved trainer or teammates, but refused to go over my calories for the day, limiting me to a slice of pizza and two peanut butter cups, in which I got no satisfaction in consuming. The whole thing felt demeaning and backwards, but if it meant keeping Bob I was on board.

My heart sunk to the pits of my feet when Jeremy was switched to the red team, because I wanted nothing to change at all. Having your team that you have gotten to know and jive with is so huge, so this minor upset felt like the rug had been pulled from beneath me. But it could’ve been worse. I still had Bob and we simply switched one Britt for another, Conda, and despite our rivalry of a few weeks back, there was no ill will with her joining our team.

However, Conda and Jeremy getting switched with what seemed to be no rhyme or reason left a lot of dissension among the ranks and it quickly seemed to be a puzzle of who ate to mix up the teams, causing a lot of tension and stress in the household. Now, I have always been someone who has turned to food in moments of non-control. As the week unraveled I felt more and more tightly-wound, with us losing yet another challenge, having a new team member and everyone on edge with a switch that didn’t seem to make sense. I felt myself losing grip on what I was actually at the ranch to accomplish and wanting desperately to fall back into my old tried and true ways. This was red alert time and I needed my drug of choice—food.

I found myself eating oranges two in a row, very fast at night, or having toast and crackers with light cheese, followed by more crackers and more fruit. I wanted to feel less anxiety and my quick trigger was to soothe myself in the only way I have ever taken comfort—in food. This was not the best bet, because like old times, I instantly hated myself and wondered why I couldn’t reign in my emotions and tighten up my control like I had in previous weeks at the ranch.

This was a hard lesson for me, especially standing on the scale to the tune of a one pound loss. I felt mortified by my actions and how I had once again given into food as a way to cope and it fueled my drive to not ever feel this way again. Bob asked me while I was on the scale what I might have eaten in the past to console myself with food. I told him pizza and bakery. He responded that this week I consoled myself with fruit and low-fat crackers. It wasn’t all bad.

It is true that I knew my tastes were changing and indeed getting that pizza down earlier in the week wasn’t easy, but still I knew I needed a better coping mechanism going into the next week of the ranch and I was finding exercise to be a very appropriate one.

With all that being said, I would again like to impart more of my ranch wisdom onto you for a happy and healthy lifestyle.

One of my new favorite breakfasts is this:

1 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup strawberries
½ cup bran cereal (one with a lot of fiber)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 packet of natural sweetener

It tastes like a fruit and yogurt parfait and I absolutely look forward to it in the morning with my large cup of Joe! Until next time, happy health!

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, The Biggest Loser |

32 Responses to “The Biggest Loser Cassandra Sturos Exclusive Blog: Week Eight”

1. mike Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 2:59 pm

i lost every ounce of respect for you last night cassandra. you went from being one of the few bright spots this year to just another game player. shame on you, not giving it your all this week, you short changed yourself and the people at home rooting for you. everyone involved in throwing that weigh in? ugh. way to show america that you’re willing to give less than your best. just disgusting. no wonder you all have weight problems.

2. MrsS Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 5:10 pm

She is a liar! Cassandra joined the others in throwing the black team’s weigh-in.

3. Donna Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 5:32 pm

What BS you all smirked like crazy at the weigh in. You are not fooling anyone. What is the deal with Crazy Conda and Kim? Why was Chris the only one with any sense?

4. Patty Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Mike & Mrs. S: totally agree with you. I haven’t liked many on this season’s show, but I thought Megan, Cassandra, and Emily were at least harmless. Chris’ whining got to me, though she was an early favorite. By not going along with the rest of her team, she’s redeemed herself in my eyes. The only other two that seem halfway decent after the last episode (won’t bet on it continuing this season) are Buddy and Kimmy (not to be confused with Kim).

Cassandra,don’t give us that crap about stress being your motivator for not losing weight. You were playing Conda’s game. I just can’t understand why everyone listens to the bitch.

5. ken Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 7:42 pm

My wife and I have had enough of this group of horrible people!!!!! We will not watch again till next season.

6. Lisa Princ Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 8:01 pm

I completely agree with all of you! Cassandra, I really thought you were one of the decent contestants, but you have lost my respect. Throwing that weigh in was a huge slap in the face to all the people who can only dream of having one week on the ranch, and one week with those trainers, but the black team wasted it. Maybe NBC will smarten up and drop the remaining contestants this season. Worst contestants EVER on the show!

7. Brz02138 Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 8:18 am

It is common knowledge that people do turn to food for comfort, but in this case, isn’t that obvious that “turning to food for comfort” was just the excuse to hide the obvious: the black team agreed to throw the weight in to get rid of Daphne. Conda’s tears fool everyone, but these tears will dry up fast. She’ll have to build her alliances quickly in the black team to slither her way to stay in the “game”. Otherwise, if not after Chris, Cassandra will be the next one to be sent home.

8. Sheila Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 9:02 am

Cassandra, you were one of the few that I was actually rooting for this season. After last night, however, I have lost all respect for you. I don’t care how hard they try to give you a good edit, you are as bad as all the other people on this horrible excuse of a season. I have been a long time viewer but am not going to watch this sad show anymore when people like you continue to be childish and petty. It’s no surprise you ended up being morbidly obese when you are emotionally stunted. If you would own up to the way you acted maybe there would be hope for you, but this blog is proof you’re in denial of your issues. The only one left to cheer for is Chris (she’s probably gone soon anyway) and possibly Emily – although I don’t understand why she played games at 29. Best of luck to you in the future, but you don’t really deserve it.

9. ellbee Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 9:27 am

This is total bs! You know it. We know it.

FYI, the CBS news article has a picture with Chism, Jeremy and YOU on their article talking about the walk-out. Not Conda, not Kim or Mark.

10. Sunny Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 9:52 am

Bla bla bla…say what you will, the truth is just too obvious. Looks like everyone lost respect for you and the show.

11. Melinda Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 10:19 am

I would have more respect for you Cassandra if you admitted that you lied and that you threw your weigh in on purpose. I hope that the show gets rid of all the bullies left and has the audience vote in the finalists.

12. Jennifer Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 10:44 am

I would have more respect for you if you just owned up to the fact that you all threw the weigh-in. I think we all understand the craziness that can happen in the heat of the moment. Why lie about it now… we all know what happened. Especially if you want to be a future respected journalist/writer. Tell the truth and own up to it. Be an adult.

13. Annie Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 10:53 am

Cassandra: How could you be so mindless that you would let such a lesser person like Conda lead you around by the nose and actually throw a weigh-in, negate a whole week at the ranch, and basically make a liar out of yourself in front of everyone. The stress did not make you eat light cheese….it was just the fastest and only way you could comply with Conda’s wishes. This is like an unholy alliance and I do hope you come quickly to your senses. You will lose weight Cassandra, but will never keep it off with your need to blame stress and craziness in the house. Life is messy, get used to it. Stress in the house….two players were changed by someone who felt they had cause to do it. Doesn’t matter whether you like it or not, it is her decision. The day Daphne and her brother were not allowed into the house was just the luck of the draw. Anyone could have lost the challenge that day, anyone. what if it was you…..would you want to be treated in that shabby way? I doubt it. So, if you are smart, you will tell crocodile tears Conda to shut up and play her own game….you do what you know is right. Even if you do it alone. That is integrity, that is what this is about.

14. CA Smith Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 10:55 am

Seems to me like honesty with yourself is part of the weight loss journey. Take a long look in the mirror Cassandra.

15. Carla Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 11:48 am

This is like when our children lie to us and think we’re stupid! Lies, smirks and eye rolling are not acceptable adult behaviors. Quit digging your hole deeper. I, like the others, originally liked you but you can go home now with all the rest and let’s bring back those that were voted off previously!

16. Real Housewife from Mars Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Cassandra. I think you are truly a good person. However, on TBL last night, you let yourself, Bob and your grandmother down. You did not show any respect or empathy for Daphne. Think of how you would have felt in her place. Just because the rest of you made it onto the ranch first, does not mean others aren’t allowed. How would you feel if as a newcomer to a job or to a new place were treated as you have treated Daphne?

The people in The Biggest Losers have shown themselves to be big losers alright – but not in the way of weight loss. If you have walked off the show in protest, I hope they just let the door hit you on the way out. I also hope that you at some point learn compassion for others, not just for yourself.

17. Disappointed Viewer NYC Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Cassandra, I am so disappointed. I like you, I was hoping for you to take it all the way. But I am extremely disappointed in 1) your game play, 2) your lies about game play, and 3) the fact that you could possibly side with that poisonous wretch Conda! She is pure evil and has a horrible attitude about life and other people. You really should feel ashamed about week 8 on the ranch. I sincerely hope you redeem yourself.

18. LucaBella Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Well, I don’t think Cassandra is a good person, because good people don’t join up with vicious bitches in order to vote out someone who came back on the ranch WITH A HEART CONDITION to save her life.

You’re a plain girl who finally felt slightly popular, so you went with the group to find out what it’s like to have friends. You should be ashamed of yourself, but since you’re not, know that you aren’t fooling anyone. Keep on drinking Conda’s poisoned kool-aid, and lying to yourself and us. We hate you anyway.

19. Lisa H Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 4:58 pm

What a bunch of brats! Such bad behavior. It really has turned me against reality television when they let people like Conda and the brats on the black team set examples for young people watching the show. I used to like watching such a remarkable change happen over the course of a season. But now, I’ll find something else to watch the Brats do not deserve this wonderful experience. They all need to grow up and stop being a bunch of mean girls. I am totally disgusted by them!!!! Why is the Biggest Loser investing in them? They DO NOT deserve it.

20. didi Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 6:35 pm

I no longer care if you lose weight, get healthy, or just disappear into nothingness. If you side with bullies, you become one of them. I don’t think you are a good person. I don’t think you deserved a spot on a competitive reality show, because you are not a good competitor. It’s disgusting to watch adults act like immature highschools. You are not inspirational. I know you will not succeed because karma is coming for you, my dear.

21. Eileen Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 7:34 pm

I was so mad after watching the show the other night. The black team are bullies. How can so many people be manipulated by Conda. You were the contestant I was routing for but not anymore and I hope Daphne comes back and wins the at home prize. Even when you were kicking her out you were telling her she couldn’t have her say. How disappointing. NBC get rid of these contestants!

22. B.P. Says:
    February 24th, 2012 at 7:56 am

You’re a nasty piece of work, Cassandra, fake as can be, and given this entry, nowhere *near* good enough to make it as a writer. And tick-tock, tick-tock to putting on every ounce you’ve lost to date, within what? Two years? Year and a half? A woman who fakes hysterics over eating pizza* and lies about throwing a weigh-in is not a woman who can succeed at weight maintenance.

Your problem isn’t low self-esteem. Nice try, though — quite a lot of dignity to beg for pity on TV. You have the opposite problem – you have far, FAR too much self-regard. Which is crazy, since you’ve accomplished nothing real yet in your life, have wasted some of this opportunity by throwing a weigh-in, and bullied someone who used her time, correctly, to lose weight and manage a health condition. Be ashamed of yourself.

* The issue isn’t ‘greasy, nasty’ pizza. The issue isn’t that you’re a control freak. Control freaks don’t have laps while they stand up before they’re 28 years old, and they can stop at a slice or three. Get it?

23. Sharon Says:
    February 24th, 2012 at 8:12 am

The Kong-a and Jeremy switch had NOTHING to do with you. You should have THANKED Daphne for mostly keeping things the same. Instead, you and the rest of the castmates let all of Kong-a and Jeremy’s whining and crying get to you, then turned around and blamed Daphne for everything.

She had the power to switch things up MUCH WORSE but kept you where you were. Why couldn’t your team see that? Too bad you’re such a follower, especially considering that Kong-a unfairly accused you of cheating just a few weeks ago.

SHAME ON YOU!

24. Michele Says:
    February 24th, 2012 at 8:51 am

First of all, Cassandra, you sat at that table when throwing the weigh in was suggested and agreed to it. All this stuff about “turning to food” has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you allowed Conda’s toxicity to decide your weight loss for the week. You allowed your weight loss journey to be controlled by someone else. Even if you don’t admit it to yourself, those of us who watched the show know exactly what happened and why.

25. Ugh Says:
    February 24th, 2012 at 10:32 am

This blog is total nonsense. You threw the weigh-in, and you’re lying now.

Also? The hysterics over pizza were awful. Your problem, Cassandra, is not pizza, nor is it low self-esteem. Your problem is laziness, facile thinking and overly high self-regard (your bullying of Daphne and unrighteous, righteous indignation has not a thing to do with self-hatred).

26. Mina Says:
    February 24th, 2012 at 11:22 am

Viewers already know you deliberately threw the weigh in. Lying about it is doing your recovery no favors. Own your actions or you’ll never make the long term, life changing progress you need to keep your weight off.

I also think it’s funny how the contestants were up in that Daphne wasn’t being forthcoming about her win in the *anonymous* challenge, and yet feel fine about being dishonest about what happened at that weigh in. Emily already admitted you guys had a plan, it’s out there, give up the charade already.

27. Brian Says:
    February 24th, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Karma is a bitch

28. Chad M Says:
    February 24th, 2012 at 2:34 pm

It’s obvious that the weigh-in was thrown in an attempt to vote Daphne out. Emily admitted to it all in her interview and admitted to Conda influencing it all. She said she would never let her influence her again like that.

I used to be a huge Cassandra fan, but this episode made me take a step back and re-think it all. I didn’t like the actions of anyone on the black team in this episode. I was highly disappointed by everyone. I said exactly that same thing on Cassandra’s Facebook fanpage and, although I didn’t say anything rude, she deleted my comments and blocked me from her page? Wtf? Come on now.

29. Marisa1720 Says:
    February 24th, 2012 at 3:43 pm

It’s ironic how the season of no excuses has garnered the most excuses from the contestants. The main excuse is for their bullying and self-entitled behavior.

I agree with the other comments here. It would have been very understandable if you would have just admitted your part in the mob mentality approach because you only participated in it for one week. Your behavior showed your true character which you could have learned from if you weren’t in denial. The contestants of true characters were people like Roy and Nancy who never were a part of the Lord of the Flies mentality and behavior. And Daphne handled herself with dignity because I don’t think a lot of people could have handled a situation like that without breaking. I wish her well and I hope she ends up getting the at home prize.

30. Sue Says:
    February 25th, 2012 at 2:39 pm

After demanding that Daphne ‘fess up- the black team lied and lied- acting like they had no idea why the weight gain, or only lost so little. Be honest – you threw the weigh in. Chris was the only one with integrity this week.

This is the terrible season.

31. Pinky Says:
    February 29th, 2012 at 9:02 am

Wow, for this to be a season called “No Excuses” everyone including Cassandra seems to have one. She assisted in throwing the weigh in PERIOD! The behaviors that are being displayed on this show this season are disgusting and highlight bullying on a grand scale. No matter how much weight a person loses, they won’t truly have their life back until they correct these negative behaviors.

32. Dawn Says:
    February 29th, 2012 at 11:55 am

Wow – you lied as you stood on the scale, gave stupid excuses, and now you insult the viewers’ intelligence as well by thinking we will buy your line about turning to food at stressful times. Piece of work there, Cassandra!

Comments