The Biggest Loser’s Daphne Dortch Dishes On The Drama

February 22, 2012 05:56 PM by Lisa Princ

Last night on NBC‘s The Biggest Loser, Daphne Dortch made a game play decision that affected her team more than she imagined it would. After denying that she gave in to the temptation challenge, Daphne’s black team decided to throw the challenge, in a successful attempt to send her home. Daphne Dortch is doing well at home now, and today, she chatted about the drama. More after the jump…

After all the drama that has gone down on The Biggest Loser recently, it is a miracle that Daphne Dortch walked away with her sanity in tact, but she did. In fact, Daphne was relieved to be back at home, where she can focus more on her weight loss and health, and less on the dramatics of the ranch. In her post elimination press conference today, Daphne shared her experience with us. Check out the interview below!

Question: Can you give us your take on the drama that has been going on at the ranch?

Daphne Dortch: It sure was nasty, and there are two sides to every story. There was so much that went on in the 24 hour days, too much for you to see in two hours – you can’t see everything that goes on. When my brother and I came to the ranch, we never had a chance. We knew that it would be difficult to bond with those already there as they formed their bonds weeks before we came to the house. My brother and I are both very strong people, and it didn’t take us long to get up to speed, so I think they also saw us as a threat.

Question: How were your expectations of the show versus your actual experience there?

Daphne Dortch: Never in a million years did I envision that my experience would be what it was. I had no clue about the game that everyone was playing. When I signed up, I didn’t care about the money or the game, I just wanted to save my life, so I could be there for my kids. Before the show, I was living with my parents…living in fear everyday. I was living with the fear that I was going to die. I was so afraid, that I wouldn’t go to sleep if no one was in the house with me. Losing this weight, I have already won The Biggest Loser. I can sleep easier now, and this is the best prize in the world for me.

Question: What is different about being home now?

Daphne Dortch: One thing about being on the ranch, and everyone knows this – there are no distractions. I am back home now, and I have mommy duties, I tend to three kids. I make it work though, as I exercise when they are in school, and when they come home, it’s their time. The first time I was sent home, my parents took care of the kids, so now I am in my own house and it’s been different.

Question: What was your thinking behind the move you made last night?

Daphne Dortch: I did not want anyone to have control of me going to the red team. I knew I had to eat to ensure I stayed with Bob. It was very personal to me. The black team…they may have appeared to accept me, but they were very quiet about it, and I don’t think they ever did. Conda…we had issues in the house, and as for Jeremy, you need to ask him about his issues. My reason was to defend my brother and for revenge. I switched them for revenge, it was personal, and I was not thinking clearly. I did it because I knew Jeremy and Conda would be upset, but had no clue that the whole house would be devastated by the switch.

Question: Can you elaborate on your issues with Jeremy and Conda?

Daphne Dortch: Everyone knows I had a beef with Conda, in fact, everyone in the house has a beef with Conda. Jeremy, unfortunately….one day you can ask Jeremy that question personally.

Question: Can you say anything good about Conda or Jeremy?

Daphne Dortch: Um, okay. Conda is a great cook, and Jeremy can be a funny guy. That’s the extent of that.

Question: Were you relieved to be sent home?

Daphne Dortch: Part of me was extremely relieved to be sent home. It doesn’t feel good to be in a house of people, where no one likes you and no one talks to you. It was very hard for me. I knew the longer I stayed, the faster and closer I would get to my goal, but I also knew every week on ranch was pressure. Being there, you know that you are going hit your goal and lose, but the stress was not helpful. I was really in awe watching last night how they threw the weigh in, and how they wasted one whole week on the ranch. I mean, millions of Americans would die to be there, to be on the ranch, and they wasted an entire week there.

Question: So, is it safe to assume all the drama we saw was accurate?

Daphne Dortch: Yes, everything you saw was very accurate.

Question: Were you sad at all about the drama?

Daphne Dortch: Yes, I was. You know, being overweight, you are never accepted, so I thought it would be great going somewhere where I would be accepted. When you go there and you aren’t even accepted among people like you. I wish we all could have gotten along.

Question: What was the most important thing you learned from The Biggest Loser?

Daphne Dortch: That you don’t need to go through The Biggest Loser to lose weight. When I was sent home, I thought I couldn’t lose weight. I went home and was determined, and with the help of my family, I was able to do it. It was in me all along, I just had to do it.

Question: Do you know anything about the recent revelation that the remaining contestants have stopped the production of the show?

Daphne Dortch: Oh wow. No, I have not even heard of that yet.

Best of luck to Daphne Dortch! We look forward to seeing you at the finale!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great The Biggest Loser news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Biggest Loser.

Photo Courtesy of NBC

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, The Biggest Loser |

12 Responses to “The Biggest Loser’s Daphne Dortch Dishes On The Drama”

1. enid Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 6:21 pm

I went to bed very sad after the biggest looser, seeing how the memebers of teh black team treated Daphe, they treated her less than a human being. Very sad as this is all over the world, even at the place, where we spend most of the hours we are awake. But to see it blatanly in front of our eyes it makes us realize that discremination still exists rampantly. Conda is inhuman and needs to be careful as God is in control and he will hit here where it hurts the most, wait and see.

2. val Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 8:26 pm

It has been the worse Biggest Loser ever! The people of both teams are just plain mean, hateful and vengeful. It is terrible what they did to Adrian and to Daphne. They wanted to be there to lose weight, instead people were full of hatred. I think Conda is a sad excuse for a human being and everyone is manipulated by her and she gets them to back her up. She is the biggest two faced person ever and so is Kimmy who as old as she is should grown up. I am in my 40′s and i cant believe how these people are acting. They truly are LOSERS.

3. Truth Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Conda has a child with a black man… did you not see the episode before Daphne was eliminated? Just because they got rid of her does not mean Conda discriminates.

4. quel77 Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 11:55 am

So Jeremy is a bully also? Or either a racist…smh….their whole family is just plain evil!!!!

5. d. rivera Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 11:59 am

I am so very proud of Daphne. Conda, in my opinion is a disgrace as a human being, vindictive, disruptive, extremely selfish and I think racist. I pity her daughter, such a waste of a human life to have Conda as a role model.

6. Helen Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 12:59 pm

This is the worst season in Biggest Loser history. Conda and Kim are both poor excuses for human beings. I think they should have been gone within the first 2 weeks. Simply put, these 2 are biotches. I can count on one hand the people that I can actually stomach this season. I really think that the focus is lost this season thanks to the likes of Conda, Kim and Mark. Here’s an idea, why don’t you focus on losing weight and getting healthy instead of making life miserable for everyone around you?

7. PATTY Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 2:55 pm

When this brother and sister were invited back into the house they never had a chance, from the time they came back they were treated badly, NO human being should be treated like that period!!!
    I wish them both the best of LUCK and I hope that they win the biggest loser.

8. PATTY ALFONSO Says:
    February 24th, 2012 at 12:31 pm

NO HUMAN should be treated the way Daphne and her brother were treated,from the time that they were invited back into the biggest loser house they were treated so so BADLY I was so upset about the whole DRAMA that was going around in the house!!!
    I wish them both the best of LUCK and I hope that they win the biggest loser!

9. Drew Says:
    February 24th, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Worst season EVER!!! Can BL not find contestants who are decent human beings? The few good people on this season are now gone thanks to the toxic, two-faced majority who are more hateful than motivated to lose weight. I am not watching any moreepisodes. The remaining contestants disgust me. These people are more hateful, manipulative, and dysfunctional than they are obsese!

10. MIKE Says:
    February 24th, 2012 at 7:27 pm

I think that although Conda’s baby’s daddy is black, he did her wrong somehow and now she hates black people and took it out on Daphne and her brother. I’ve seen Conda’s attitude before in other people and it comes from a place of deep hatred.

11. Ann Pryor Says:
    February 24th, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Daphne and Adrian are to be applauded for the progress they made after failing to get onto the BL Ranch in the beginning of the season. Their coming back was a triumph. But they could not know what the audience was already seeing: the show is the most degrading exhibition of cruel and stupid behavior ever to be aired on television with contestants who should have been booted before being given a chance to compete. NBC and the BL producers should be ashamed for showing this disgusting behavior and allowing it to persist.

Daphne and Adrian and Roy were the only decent human beings in this season’s competition. The rest are human dreck.

I hope some of them, as they watch themselves, are able to grow up and become better people. But Conda, Kim and Mark are totally lost causes. They should found their own town and live together and feed off each other’s cruelty. They have not earned the right to live with decent people.

12. Stefan Neal Says:
    February 29th, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Sorry to break up the Daphne and Adrian lovefest on her but I got the impression that they were POSes and had a bad attitude from the first time I saw them on the show. They were both cancers to their teams that needed to be sent home.

Comments