Bethenny Ever After Ratings Plummet: Are You Watching?

February 23, 2012 09:01 AM by Martha Zaborowski

The third season of Bethenny Ever After premiered Monday night on Bravo, and the ratings are in. In May 2011, the second season finale of Bethenny Ever After had 1.728 million viewers. The third season premiere dropped significantly in viewers. Exactly how much have ratings dropped?

There were less than a million viewers for the third season premiere of Bethenny Ever After, about 971,000. That’s a drop of nearly half of Bethenny Frankel’s audience! But why?

Bethenny certainly has been making the rounds to promote her show. She went on The Today Show on the morning of its premiere and talked about her miscarriage and the hole her esophagus, which generated huge headlines. A few weeks ago, we also received news that Bethenny was testing a talk show at FOX this summer, so her brand has been in the forefront of many people’s minds–not to mention what seems to be a new product popping up every day from her Skinnygirl line, from red wine to lip plumpers to  pajamas. So has it been Bethenny overload? Has she shared too much, and do viewers think she has nothing left to add?

Bethenny has said this is the last season of Bethenny Ever After, so she must not be sweating the ratings if she were hoping to continue a career in reality TV. However, because she is attempting to launch a show as a “real” TV personality with the hope of a sizable audience to initially pack the ratings–less than a million viewers watching the premiere of her show can’t be too comforting.

Did you watch Bethenney Ever After? Why or why not? What do you think of Bethenny Frankel?

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Real Housewives of New York City.

Visit our sister site SheKnows for more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment!

Photo courtesy of Bravo

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of New York City |

8 Responses to “Bethenny Ever After Ratings Plummet: Are You Watching?”

1. sue Says:
    February 24th, 2012 at 9:16 am

can’t stand this crazy bitch. go away.

2. kimmie Says:
    February 24th, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Love Bethenny!! Real, honest, strong. forget the haters Bethenny!! Green eye jealously.

3. charma Says:
    February 24th, 2012 at 8:37 pm

I am very concerned about young women idolizing a person who says they are a nutritionist but looks like they never eat (anorexic) and what about caring about your health but yet does not drink water with an antibiotic and burns their esophagus and then says on one show she didn’t drink any water and another drank too little water. Which is it? Seems she exaggerates (lies) about everything. This is not the type of person I would like my daughter to spend the evening with–especially pay to do it. Does she talk about her and her husbands genitals to everyone? What about her daughter. I think this woman is ADHD or something else. Sorry she had a miscarriage but she needs to take a deep look at what kind of image she is throwing out there. If a woman has no class (Money can’t buy you …..:)to me it doesn’t matter how successful you are or are being made by others. I enjoy watching Jason–it is clear his parents taught him passion and respect fI hope he can pass this on to his daughter.

4. Janey Says:
    February 25th, 2012 at 10:27 am

Im over bethenny. she’s no longer funny. She can’t even relax and enjoy her success with her family. What used to seem so real and relatable about her is gone. She comes across as shallow and fame-hungry now. What a shame.

5. Brandi Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 2:07 am

She isn’t “real” because she can’t just suddenly relax now that she has money? It is quite obvious that she struggles with some mild yet life impacting mental issues, and I’m sorry you guys are so ignorant but those things don’t just take a backseat because things are looking up. It’s a constant struggle and to be honest if I were her I’d brush my shoulders off about people like you and your rude comments while laughing my way to the bank, and possibly my psychiatrist’s office.

Oh and also, you try telling the same damn sotry 200 times and see if you say the exact same words every single time. Saying “I wasn’t drinking any water” doesn’t necessarily mean NO water…like when you say “I haven’t eaten in forever!”. You have clearly eaten in “forever” because you are still alive. Get over it.

6. Jay Says:
    May 8th, 2012 at 10:47 pm

LOUD-MOUTH, IGNORANT LOSER!

7. Done Says:
    May 28th, 2012 at 7:01 am

Fame-ho…no talent….not built to last. Look forward to never hearing about her again.

8. Elle Says:
    May 30th, 2012 at 10:05 pm

I used to love Bethenny but she is so annoying now. It’s hard to watch the way she treats her husband and she comes off as a person who says things to get a reaction not because she feels that way. I would never watch a talk show with her on it. She interrupts people constantly

Comments