February 23, 2012 07:52 AM by Lisa Princ

When NBC announced that Howard Stern would be joining America’s Got Talent as a judge, many folks were torn on whether or not he would make a good judge, despite reassurance from Simon Cowell. If you had any doubt that Howard Stern would be a good judge, you may be in for a surprise as the shock jock endured his first round of auditions recently, and he’s been behaving quite well. Read on for more…

Shock jock Howard Stern took on his first round of auditions for the new season of America’s Got Talent this week, and he has even surprised himself with his behavior. Stern talked to NBC about his first audition experience, where he revealed: “There were times when I was downright compassionate. It was really unsettling,” adding: “I’ve taken more no-talents and made them talents. There is a way to sculpt people, to mentor people, and a way to find something that would tap into the national psyche.”

Howard Stern also wants viewers to know that he is not trying to “be” Piers Morgan, but instead he is bringing a new perspective to the show – so, don’t expect him to buzz everyone in sight. Howard Stern went on to say that it was strange at first, especially when it came to the children as he explained about his first day on the job: “I buzzed a nine-year-old kid. The kid was adorable, but I did it, man, you got to do it. I said, ‘Look, you’re cute, you’re adorable, but goodness gracious, you don’t belong on America’s Got Talent,’ and you just feel like the devil himself.”

It sounds to us as though Howard Stern may be settling in nicely at America’s Got Talent. What do you think of Howard Stern heading to America’s Got Talent? Will he make a good judge, or will he deter you from watching? We think he will do fine, and after all, Simon Cowell assured us that no crazy antics would be tolerated, so we should have no worries! Comment and share your thoughts with us below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: America’s Got Talent.

Photos courtesy of WENN.com

Topics: America's Got Talent, NBC Reality TV Shows |

33 Responses to “Howard Stern Surprises With Good Behavior For The Auditions Of America’s Got Talent”

1. max power Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 8:32 am

Yikes,,, thats what howard stern looks like, don’t know if my high def tv can take the strain of sterns face in 1080p , how about making him wear a mask please

2. Allen Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 8:32 am

Why would you post your surprised? Howard is a broadcaster wo has had to follow guidelines. Sure he pushed the envelope but he knows this is a family friendly show. Were you surprised when Sharon Ozboune was tame when she started. If I recall on the MTV show the Ozbornes she had a gutter mouth that would rival a lifetime sailor.

3. Cathy Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 8:33 am

I am still NOT going to watch AGT AS LONG AS STERN is a judge!!!

4. Voltron Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 8:36 am

Howard has an image of being a mean lesbian carnival barker, but if you listen to the show, you know he’s perfect for this show. He’s only mean to people who are full of themselves. You’ll all see …

5. Allen Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 8:42 am

Why are you surprised? Howard has been a professional broadcaster longer than most in the business. Sure he pushed the envelope sometimes but he is well aware this is a family friendly show. Were you surprised when Sharon Ozbourne was tame? If I recall on her MTV show the Ozbourns she had a gutter mouth that would rival that of an “old salty sailor”.

6. Ian, Russ Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 8:53 am

Finally, this show might become much more interesting. Good job Howard!

7. MikeIGC Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 9:00 am

I had totally forgotten about Stern.

8. Vicki Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 9:13 am

What a stupid article. Oh my god, Howard Stern is human after all. Howard, your fans knew all along you would be great at this just as you are with everything else!

9. Kentavious Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 9:14 am

I think Howard is a brilliant choice. He brings an army of followers with him. Don’t try to deter the antics though. That is who Howard is. Ever heard “the scorpion and the alligator” story?

10. Stu Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 9:25 am

Baba Booey!

11. Jeffrey D. Allen Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 9:28 am

When I first heard that Stern would be judging, I told myself that I would not be watching. I assumed Stern was replacing Mandel and there was no way I could deal with Stern and Morgan. But now that I know Morgan is finally gone and Stern seems to be displaying a heart, I will watch. However, if he starts acting the way he usually does…I’m outta there!!

Thanks for allowing us to share!

12. Jon Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 9:38 am

He better find a new career because his radio show has become terribly boring. It use to the funniest radio show on the air but those days ended long ago. It’s time for Howard to retire before people forget that he was once funny.

13. budman Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 9:38 am

howard sterns penis!

14. Glen Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 9:46 am

All of you nay sayers…….. 75% of you have no clue as to the kind of person and talent Howard Stern is!! You are all just sheep following the herd!! If any of you actually gave his show a listen, rather than go buy what you hear or have heard in the media and gossiping, you may actually like the show and the person that is Howard Stern!!

15. suzyq Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 9:55 am

I’ve been a huge Howard Stern fan for many years. He will be fantastic! Intelligent,charming,compassionate,witty, these are only a few adjectives that describe him. People will get to know him and love him on the show as we all do who listen to him on sirrus radio.

16. Liam Buckley Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 10:06 am

I can’t stand the man! If he thinks throwing lunch meat at a girls rear end is fit for television or the least bit funny How in the Sam He!! will he know talent when he sees it?

17. jack Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 10:12 am

18. Tee Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 10:23 am

If Simon doesn’t want crazy antics, then why Howard Stern? Really?

19. David Hill Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 10:25 am

What did you guys think he was going to do, curse up a storm and bring out a team of lesbians and Wack Packers?

20. Michael Laabs Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 10:31 am

Who is surprised? I have watched him as a guest on David Lettermen for many years and he has always “behaved.” He is now on satellite radio because of the FCC and their harassment. He has proven to be a GREAT interviewer of many people from Barbara Walters, Rosie O’donnel, Mayor Gulliani, Donald Trump,rock stars and sports stars. I am not surprised and he will do a great job on America’s got talent!

21. John Wilcox Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 10:39 am

Interesting…has be considered offering some advice to Congress…maybe guiding them towards their true calling?

22. Frank Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 11:13 am

Howard will be a great judge. Why would anyone be surprised? The only suprise here is why wasn’t he in the last year when they chose the worst winner ever. Last year I decided never to watch AGT ever again based on the winner. Now I am drawn to seeing it. GO HOWARD – BABY BOOHI

23. Benny Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 11:38 am

“I want to bring 14 year old daughter to audition but am concerened about howard.”

What a dopie comment. What is he going to do to your daughter?

24. Peggy Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 11:54 am

Are you kidding me? We have Howie Mandell, Howard Stern and Sharon Osborne? Poor Sharon. She is the only one who actually has the experience to judge. This will be a free for all when they get into this for a few weeks. Howie will be always pulling pranks and it won’t be long after when Howard will be dispencing his brand of tasteless behaviour. The contestants will be coming in a sad 3rd in all this instead of being the stars. I’m afraid this will be the last season for this show.

25. brandon Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Typically people who hate Howard the most are uninformed and usually have never heard his show…or have only heard snippets of the most outlandish parts. Truth be told, he will go down in history as an innovator of talk radio and in my book the greatest interviewer of all time. His ability to get his guests to open up is second to none. I’ve never watched AGT, but I certainly will give it a try because of Howard. And…a baba booey to you all.

26. johnqrizzo Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 1:51 pm

I get why they hired him.. AGT really did need more lesbians!

27. don Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 2:28 pm

I won’t be watching. I’ve had it.

28. Jeff Gray Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 2:59 pm

I’m not fooled by Mr.Stern’s sudden change.He’s been off the ‘scope for a while,and is eager to do anything to be the center of attention.He needs to be humble,clean up his act(and his mouth),and realize that he’s not the center of the universe.

29. Cary G. Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Howard is a smart and bright guy. He will fit in nicely on this show. If the fat, angry, hairy women don’t want to watch because he is on there, too bad!!! Bababooey to Howard!

30. Bob Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Some of you people act like Satan has risen from hell. His radio act is just that, an act. You will see he is a completely different person and if you get your head out of your a$$ and watch you will see. Bababooy. Howard is now truly the King of all Media.

31. S. Sean Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 5:02 pm

“..not fooled by Mr.Stern’s sudden change..”

You clearly don’t know what you’re talking about. There is no “sudden change” for anyone who has actually taken the time to form their own opinion of him by listening to his show (which singlehandedly saved Satellite btw.. even in this low-point economically). Howard is the same. His “antics” have always been self-mocking and satirical – pointing out rampant hypocrisy where he sees it. People who take a 2-second look, or worse just hear it from radical right radio, show their ignorance when making such lame statements.

Go Howard – one of a very few honest, intelligent celebrities who speak-their-mind and call others on their B.S.

32. Otis Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Howard is awesome. He has been awesome since the 1980′s. Need to get a subscription to Satellite radio. Marketing genius

33. Janet Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Why are people surprised that some may not like Howard Stern as a judge? I have listened to him everyday on the radio and am a fan but I’m not surprised that people have a problem with him. Let’s be honest, he does take things too far but that’s why some of us are fans. He has toned things down lately though, mostly due to the fact he is getting older and he also wants to put a different foot forward for the NBC gig. I do think he will fit in nicely so, no worries.

BTW, I must say that I get sick of Stern fans crucifying people for not liking him. If you’re female and you don’t like him that means you’re fat and hairy? That is beyond ignorant.

Howard Stern isn’t the problem, it’s his low rent and rabid fans (who only account for a portion of his listeners). People think we are ALL like that and I resent it.

Comments