American Idol: Which Eliminated Male Should Come Back?

February 24, 2012 10:00 AM by Lisa Princ

Last night on FOX‘s American Idol, we learned who would be competing as the season eleven Top 24. But in a last minute twist, Ryan Seacrest announced that one of four possible eliminated male contestants would be returning Tuesday for a shot at your votes. Who will return, or who should return? Read on for more…

Ryan Seacrest announced last night on American Idol that one of the eliminated male contestants would be returning for another shot on Tuesday, as the guys take the stage for the first time. It was revealed that the four contestants vying for that top 13 spot are Jermaine Jones, Johnny Keyser, Richie Law and David Leathers, but which one will it be? One of them will be lucky enough to take the stage for a performance as will the rest of the male semi-finalists: DeAndre Brackensick, Adam Brock, Colton Dixon, Creighton Fraker, Eben Franckewitz, Reed Grimm, Heejun Han, Joshua Ledet, Chase Likens, Aaron Marcellus, Phil Phillips and Jeremy Rosado.

Jermaine Jones was left in tears last night, as he was desperate not to let his mother down, and we thought for sure that the low voiced singer would have made it through. Meanwhile, another deserving contestant, young David Leathers learned his fate as he sat alongside his friend, Eben Franckewitz, who made it through without David.

We met Johnny Keyser in St. Louis, where he shared his story of growing up in a broken home, and then blew us away with his rendition of Change Is Gonna Come. I don’t recall seeing Richie Law during the auditions, but this cowboy made quite an impression during the Hollywood and Vegas rounds. If you recall, he is the one who kept butting heads with Heejun Han.

Now we want to know which one of these four eliminated male contestants should the show bring back? Who would you like to be given a second chance, and the ability to perform for America’s votes? Comment below and share your thoughts with us! Then be sure to tune in to American Idol on FOX on Tuesday to find out who is brought back!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great American Idol news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Photos courtesy: FOX

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows |

9 Responses to “American Idol: Which Eliminated Male Should Come Back?”

1. Dollie Williams Says:
    February 24th, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Please bring back David Leathers. That young man can really sing. I don’t know how you chose between the 2 because both of them can sing. I know a couple that you should have sent home and didn’t and then you send him home. You should have never kept those 2 young men to the very end. It just was not right. Those 2 should be in this show together because they are that good and I don’t see anyone beating them. They should go down as the final two. By the way, yes, I have watched every show that you have had on.

2. Ali Says:
    February 25th, 2012 at 1:21 am

JOHNNY KEYSER! Hands down. Johnny is the whole package, talent, looks, charm. Jennifer Lopez told him that he was going to be a star, then he was cut for some unknown reason. I think Nigel knows that the public wants this kid back on the roster. He’s already got a significant fan base which seems to be growing steadily. I won’t watch this year if Johnny doesn’t get a second chance. No one else worth watching on there.

3. Becky OBryan Says:
    February 25th, 2012 at 12:00 pm

I think Richie Law should return. He is pure country and I really like his voice. He’s no Scotty McCreery, but he is really good.

4. Tricia Smith Says:
    February 25th, 2012 at 6:56 pm

PLEASE bring back the guy that WILL WIN this year once he’s in the top 24 and America will be able to vote! Who other than Johnny Keyser! He is AWESOME and deserves to be in front of the American audience. The Judges apparently had a memory lapse! He was great and they know it!

5. Sandi Says:
    February 26th, 2012 at 9:03 am

Jermaine Jones brings a quality far different from the others. His low voice offers variety and a song from his soul. I’m not so much attracted to his story about his dedication to his mother as I am to the symphony of his sound. I’ll be hoping to see Jermaine once again grace the stage with his humble attitude.

6. Tyler Says:
    February 26th, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Alright well the person who I think “SHOULD” go back is David Leathers because i think he can sing good and when david and the other kid (I forgot his name) were about to here there decision I had no idea who was going home i thought they were both gonna go through to the top 24 until I heard only one was going through. To be honest either one of them was gonna be a big surprise to have one of them go home I really felt they both should’ve made it. But I really really feel that David Leathers should have a chance because he sings, produces, and he’s entertaining. So I really hope the judges have him come back. The other three are defintenly very unique but I’m not sure if there as quite good as david leathers (but still good). But this year I know it was very hard to have people go home because their were so many great singers and I heard the judges saying a lot “who can we send home”. I think its a little crazy to have a certain limit on singers its not about to many not to many its all about talent and how good you are and i really believe that most of america wants David Leathers back, so I think he should come back. who agrees with my comment.

7. Alisa roman :) Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 2:04 pm

I think David leathers should come back because he is a really good singer and he isn’t to old. So he has a long future.

8. Megan Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 2:25 pm

I think David Leather should come back! He is one of my five faveorite contestants on the show. He is such a great singer! I really think he has a chance too!

9. Debbie Says:
    February 28th, 2012 at 1:36 pm

I liked Johnny a lot at his audition, and so did the judges, they each told him to keep on singing after they praised him.. He had a natural good quality to his voice. But his actions in Vegas were a little cocky, swimming and not having rehearsals when his group thought they were “that good” not sure why they thought that. But that may have caused the judges to get rid of him then. If he gets his attitude in check then I would say he deserves another chance based on his abilities. Otherwise, it would be David all the way, very talented, polite, nice young man with a chance to have the opportunity to show what he’s got!

Comments