Taylor Armstrong’s Book Lands On Bestseller List

February 27, 2012 03:40 PM by Shayla Perry

Congratulations to The Real Housewives of Beverly HillsTaylor Armstrong. Though her Bravo co-star, Brandi Glanville, thought it was way too soon for the widower to pen a book about the domestic violence she suffered at the hands of her late husband, Russell Armstrong, the fans seem to disagree. Hiding From Reality has made its way on to not one, but two bestseller lists.

Hiding From Reality is doing its job: to take domestic abuse out of the shadows and shine the light of awareness on this national tragedy,” Taylor Armstrong says in response to the news that her book graced both the New York Times and USA Today Bestseller Lists. “I wrote the book to show victims a way forward and the courage to take the first steps out of their own nightmares.”

For Armstrong, the way forward includes dealing with the financial troubles Russell left behind upon committing suicide last summer.

“He left me with a mess,” Taylor tells The Boston Herald. “I think the most scary thing for women is not feeling as though they can take care of themselves when they leave. And for me that was my biggest fear all along… I get through every day. And every month I pay my bills and Kennedy goes to school and all those things I feared really aren’t that scary. I want women to see through my journey that you can leave, you can succeed.”

Next, Taylor’s taking her mission on the road, embarking on a national speaking tour where she’ll talk about her personal experience with domestic violence at women’s shelters, colleges and universities, and corporate work places throughout the country.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.

Visit our sister site SheKnows for more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment

Photo credit: Bravo

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills |

7 Responses to “Taylor Armstrong’s Book Lands On Bestseller List”

1. Jeannie Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 5:36 pm

This is old news…her book was #20 on NYTimes list and has dropped to #27. She’s at #62 on USA Today bestseller list. At the rate she’s going she must have “saved” thousands and thousands of women!! Quit spewing misinformation about this whack job and lying skank.

2. Karen Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 9:04 pm

It has been proven that this woman is a fraud, and the contents of the book and alleged abuse have also been disproved.

3. Chris Says:
    February 28th, 2012 at 4:59 pm

I had REALLY hoped people wouldn’t buy into her nonsense…. If it’s on any list, I hope it soon disappears.
    Bravo will bring her back, I fear. She’s a rating lottery ticket.
    Not for me…am done. I’d miss Lisa but can read a recap. Taylor Sarah Hughes Ford Armstrong is as sick as they get. Pretty funny comment that she must have saved thousand and thousand of lives….
    What an unfortunate woman–she’s a lunatic and a liar.How sad for his children & family!!!

4. Irene Says:
    February 29th, 2012 at 12:50 am

The show just shows the worst side of a woman and Taylor is the worst of the worst. I hear but do not watch any longer. When you have such little time on this beautiful planet why fill it up with such ugliness. In 2 years it will be Taylor who, and who will suck up to some one to suck off of them. Now, that’s what she does best.

5. Jackie Says:
    February 29th, 2012 at 6:51 pm

I find it disturbing that her psychiatrist went with her to a party to do a group therapy session of sorts. Too much counter transferrence if you ask me. Then he is commenting to the media on her progress and she texts him when she is in upset? Most shrinks won’t accept messages unless they are a medical emergency or you have questions related to a drug interaction. If you are so upset you need therapy they will make you book a paid session. Taylor Armstrong has an identity disturbance and Dr. Sophie needs to prescribe lithium.

6. Chris Says:
    March 1st, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Remember when a book is first released every sale to every bookstore, vendor, etc. is included. That’s why most first time authors will land on the NY Times bestseller’s list. The books will usually fall off after a couple months. It’s a little misleading because it makes one think that a lot of people purchased the book when in fact they didn’t. Since we’re talking about reality, let’s be real.

7. Chris Says:
    March 1st, 2012 at 7:12 pm

When a book is released (including Taylor’s) the number of books sold include every book that is shipped to bookstores, and other places that sell books. This is a huge number! This is the reason why Taylor’s book landed on the NY Times Bestseller’s list. This happens to other authors as well. After a couple of months they usually fall off. So the question is? Are you a bestselling author based on the volume of books shipped by distribution company? I guess it depends on who you are and how you look at it.

Comments