Paula Deen’s Attorneys Slam Lawsuit: “Baseless, Inflammatory Allegations”

March 07, 2012 08:05 AM by Shayla Perry

The Food Network‘s Paula Deen is fighting back after a lawsuit filed by former employee, Lisa Jackson, named the Who Do You Think You Are? (NBC) star, claiming that she and her brother, Bubba Hiers, subjected Jackson and other employees at Uncle Bubba’s Seafood and Oyster House to sexual harassment and racist comments over the course of five years. What does Deen’s legal team have to say about Jackson’s allegations?

The office of Paula Deen’s attorney, Oliver Manner, LLP, issued the following statement in response to the allegations of sexual harassment and racism made in Lisa Jackson’s lawsuit:

“Ms. Jackson did work for Uncle Bubba’s Seafood and Oyster House, and she did some work for Paula Deen Enterprises, LLC. She now claims that she was mistreated during her employment. We investigated those claims and attempted unsuccessfully to address those claims with her. She has made baseless, inflammatory allegations, threatening to go to the press and ruin Paula Deen’s reputation and the reputation of her businesses unless we paid her a large sum of money. We refused to bow to that kind of pressure and refused to pay money to address false claims. Ms. Jackson’s complaint makes false allegations against Paula Deen and they will be proven false in court. We have filed our defensive pleadings with the court denying Ms. Jackson’s claims and those pleadings are a matter of public record. We will hold Ms. Jackson and her lawyer accountable for these false allegations. We look forward to our day in court and have nothing further to say.”

What do you think RTVM: Will Lisa Jackson eventually drop her lawsuit against Paula Deen and her brother, or will the legal battle rage on? Share your thoughts in the Comments section below.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality TV.

Photo credit: NBC

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, Who Do You Think You Are? |

20 Responses to “Paula Deen’s Attorneys Slam Lawsuit: “Baseless, Inflammatory Allegations””

1. tamara Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 10:04 am

No I do not think that she will drop her lawsuit. Of course Paula’s defense team is going to deny the allegations. That is what they are paid to do.
    If Lisa Jackson drops the lawsuit, it would appear that she made it all up.

2. Kathryn Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 1:07 pm

I know Lisa Jackson. She is not stable. I don’t know much about Paula personally but she seemed nice. Lisa will not drop the case!

3. maria Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Wat is done in darkness will eventually come to light!

4. Rico Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 3:47 pm

I think Lisa is trying to get a whole lot of money the easiest way she can. I dont think paula and her brother are guilty of any of these allegations, they aren’t that stupid.

5. julie Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 5:23 pm

I think they will offer her lots of $$$ and she will forget about it. I hope she does not drop it though, no matter how much money they dangle in front of her. I can see Paula condoning sexual harassment based upon some of the lewd comments she has made on her show and on others. The comments made me uncomfortable watching it, I wonder how the guys felt.

6. Ian Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Nasty fat pig

7. Jacki Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 6:11 pm

From what I’ve seen of Bubba on Paula Deens’ cooking show, I gather that he’s hard on his employees. I can also see that he’s a smart business man and wants things done right. I can’t imagine that he would be racist or make sexual advances or put up with that from any of his employees. there must be more to the this than meets the eye. I don’t think she’ll drop the suit unless the price is right!

8. Lori Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Lisa Jackson will not drop her lawsuit against Paula or her brother. I believe she will fight til the end. I agree with you 100% Tamara, that if she gives up then everyone will think she made it up. I do not believe anyone make this kind of stuff up if wasn’t true. This is really going to affect Paula’s reputation and people will start to think differently of her.

9. Lori Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Lisa Jackson will not drop her lawsuit against Paula and her brother. If she did that, then it would make her look like she made up the whole thing. I do not believe that Ms Jackson would make this up, if wasn’t true, then there would not be a lawsuit right now. I think Paula’s reputation is going to be damaged by this and i think that people will see her in a different way. (just my opinion)

10. KT Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Paula Deen and her brother Bubba, are WHITE TRASH. Pure and simple. I absolutely believe the allegations against her. And her recipes are AWFUL. Not only extremely high in fat, carbs and calories, but lousy tasting. No wonder she’s diabetic. And people who cook her recipes are heading toward diabetes also.

11. Dee Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Get your big girl panties on Lisa. Besides, if it was that bad why would you stay there 5 years, it’s all about money. Give it up.

12. Sue Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 7:57 pm

How do you know she didn’t make it up? Someone is always looking for a quick way to get rich and going after celebrities seems like a good way to do it.

13. jeri jackson Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 8:10 pm

I really hope that the allegations are not true but if they are, I hope Ms. Jackson gets a nice,fat check…The part I read in a newspaper article about black employee’s having to use the “back door” to enter the restaurant really
    p_ _ _ _ D me off…I really hope it is not true because I really “like” Paula Deen…I thought she was a really down home likable person…
    I’m looking forward to the final outcome of this..

another thought, if this is trus and other black employee’s were harrassed, I hope they come forth.

love,
    Mother J.

14. Patricia Gray Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Paula Dean and her family are not racist!!!
    On a brighter note, Congrats Paula all the people said you were bad because you did not say anything about your diabetes. Well I can see in your pic you have lost a lot of weight. Everyone thinks you eat like that everyday. Boo on them keep doing what you are doing. Your a great lady. And love your family.

15. Connie Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 8:48 pm

I’m sure she will drop the suit when Dean’s lawyers call her bluff.

16. Dotty Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 9:22 pm

I love Paula Deen and her family. I don’t think Paula or her family would treat someone that way and that Ms. Jackson is just trying to make a name for herself and a few bucks. I hope they hold her accountable for her remarks.

17. Troy Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 9:46 pm

What is it…Paula Dean bash year? If the public isn’t scrutinizing her eating habits and love of butter or that she’s diabetic and ate a hamburger and fries in public, they are coming up with BS claims she made racial slurs and subjected them to sexual abuse. When you have money, regardless if you worked your butt off (Like Paula did and continues to do)or came by it easy; someone is always going to be jealous and bitter and try to take your money away. Believe me she has the funds to have kept this quiet if she wanted to and was in the wrong. I doubt she would every pay a cent if she knew she was being swindled. She may be a smart business woman now but she’s always been a southern woman of class.

18. terri Says:
    March 8th, 2012 at 2:38 pm

PAULA DEEENS BROTHER LOOKS LIKE PERVERT. I WOULD DONT THINK THIS WAS MADE UP.

19. minnie bronson Says:
    March 8th, 2012 at 2:49 pm

i dont think she should drop her charges againts paula.who in the hell paula think she is i never knwo that the old butter eating.courntry ass dont like blacks.nwo the whole world know. and ill never look at your show again in my life yall.

20. Leanne C Says:
    July 5th, 2013 at 2:56 pm

I don’t believe a word of the allegations made against Paula and her family. They are good southern folks. I will always be a fan and buy her products. Shame on Lisa Jackson for slandering such a good family. Lisa Jackson should always remember that bad karma sent out will come back to her ten folds.
    If any of this was true, why would she wait 5 whole years….really 5 years for something that should of been handled right away.

Comments