Survivor: One World Recap — Conniving Colton Cumbie

March 07, 2012 08:15 PM by Ryan Haidet

If you didn’t agree with me last week when I said Survivor: One World is filled with stupid players, there’s no way in hell you’ll disagree with me tonight.  What happened on tonight’s episode is truly one of the most shocking things I’ve ever seen in all 24 season.  If you missed the episode and don’t want any spoilers, turn back now!  For those of you still reading, what the hell just happened?!?!  To volunteer to go to Tribal Council after winning Immunity is absolutely stunning.  Even worse, Colton was thrilled with the entire experience and let us know several times that he is the person controlling the game.  How on earth could anybody listen to any strategy Colton has to offer?  I’m truly stunned.  Read on for more about tonight’s mess!

Before we get to all the insanity, there were a few other highlights from tonight’s episode.  The women won the Reward challenge, which gave them to choice to pick their reward from three options: 1) pillows, blankets and a mattress; 2) tarp; 3) doughnuts and coffee.  They chose the tarp.  The other funny thing about this challenge is that Tarzan repeatedly called Jonas by the name Jason several times — even after he was corrected.

Secrets Ruined

While sitting on the beach with Bill at camp, Leif spilled the original plan for the last elimination: Colton was campaigning to get Bill out of the game.  Bill was truly stunned by the news.  “The gloves are off and it’s anybody’s game,” he said.  Having witnessed the discussion from a distance, Michael told Colton about it, which brought this response: “That little Munchkin is about to get knocked back to Oz.”  Seriously, Colton?  Even in Survivor, that isn’t a very funny remark.  So, naturally, Colton summoned Leif to question if he did tell Bill was an actual target.  After initially denying it, Leif eventually admitted that he had slipped and told Bill the plan that had formed against him.  Colton was clearly angry with Leif and told him that he just dug his own grave.

Sacrificing Immunity

The men easily won the Immunity challenge, which left the women upset they were faced with going to Tribal Council.  But those feelings were pushed to the side because Colton came up with a crazy idea when talking with Troy and Colton about his feelings with Bill.  “Maybe I should go to those girls and say, ‘Do y’all wanna trade and we’ll go to Tribal Council tonight?  Because we have a lot more to deal with than y’all.’” He wanted to get rid of Bill so badly that he was able to convince the rest of his tribe to go to Tribal Council voluntarily.  “I absolutely hate Bill,” Colton said in confessional.  “I hate his voice.  I hate his jokes.  He’s not funny.  ‘I’m a stand-up comedian.’  Shut up.  Get a real job.  You are disgusting.  I hate him.  I want his head on a platter.”

The episode then took an odd twist with Tarzan chastising Leif for telling Bill that their alliance was aiming to vote him off in the previous elimination.  “You should not have done that.  That was bad.”  It was almost like Tarzan was talking to a child.  It was even more shocking that Leif didn’t try to stand up for himself a little more.  Tarzan said that volunteering to go to this Tribal Council would rid them of Leif — the person who betrayed them.

When it came time for Tribal Council the men showed up to a very stunned Jeff Probst.  The look on his face is one we have never seen before.  He shook his head and really seemed at a loss for words.  “24 seasons, some 400 Tribal Councils, never had a tribe arrive at Tribal Council after winning Immunity.”  When fingers started pointing at Leif, he said he plays the game with his heart on his sleeve and really messed up.  Moments later, Probst asked Jay a great question: Why not just wait until the next time they lose to vote out the person they wanted out?  Jay said it seemed goofy to voluntarily attend Tribal Council, but agreed to go with the majority decision out of fear that he could be the next to go.

But here’s where it got really nutty.  After Probst had some banter with Bill, the chatter turned to Colton.  He didn’t hold anything back by saying he doesn’t like Bill because “he’s obnoxious, loud and a struggling stand-up comic.”  Colton said he needs to get a real job.  Bill, I’m glad to say, stood up for himself and told Colton his back story about being poor with tears in his eyes.

It wasn’t long before race came up and Colton said he has African American people in his life — his housekeeper.  Wow, Colton.  Wow.  You are going down rough territory and nobody is going to like you outside of the show.  After Bill offered a few heated words in Colton’s spoiled-brat direction, Tarzan interjected and said he is tired of people blaming race.  He also argued that Colton was being painted negatively as a rich kid who doesn’t have to work.  Uh…  That’s because he is!  Colton has proven he’s nothing but a spoiled brat.  He acts like everybody in the game owes him the world.  I wonder if he’s embarrassed to be on national television acting like such a child.  I have a feeling Colton was hoping his villainous role would earn him respect from fans like it did for Russell Hantz.  Trouble is, Russell wasn’t so hateful.  Russell was actually fun to watch.  When Colton is on the screen I can’t wait for him to be off.  I really was feeling bad for Colton at the beginning of the game, but now I can’t wait for him to be voted off next.  I just don’t understand how he is in charge of the group.  It is shocking that anybody would value Colton’s strategy or opinions.

When the votes were tallied, the Manono tribe wound up voting against Bill and sent him packing.  Damn.  What a mess.

What did you think of tonight’s episode?  Do you like Colton or do you think he’s a terrible player?  Sound off and leave a comment below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Survivor: One World news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Survivor: One World.

Images courtesy of CBS.

Topics: CBS Reality TV Shows, Survivor |

31 Responses to “Survivor: One World Recap — Conniving Colton Cumbie”

1. surfan23 Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 8:40 pm

yay colton – i luv u!!!

2. lirae Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 9:24 pm

This show just keeps getting more and more stupid. When it started out, it was gameplaying by individuals and may the best man win. Then it turned into a bunch of sheep and no one thinks for themselves. Now it’s the gay guy, who I tried to tolerate, and he is leading the pack of guys. Colton is nothing but a spoiled brat and has ruined me for the rest of the season. Strangely enough he has no tolerance for others while he is the one with the strange quirks. Irony. For the male team to give away immunity was so so stupid. You’ve ruined this game for me. I used to enjoy the challenge of the minds of the individual people. Now it’s just stupid people. No one deserves to win- anything.

3. Louis Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 9:42 pm

I think that Colton is making all gay men look bad, I would love it if they voted him out. I would not follow him in any decision he has made as he is a racist pig. honestly if the show cant get any stand up citizens to play this game I will not tolarate it showing on my tv. in my home.

4. hardwroc Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 10:13 pm

I am stunned at the level of stupidity displayed by the Manano tribe. IDIOTS on steroids.
    Start off with the OBVIOUS connection to the girl tribe, of Colton, and the morons GAVE numeric superiority to the girls plus Colton by dumping ON PURPOSE one of their own.

This is even WORSE than the “let’s give Boston Rob the money” from last season.

5. rich Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Are you frickin kidding me. Those so called “men” have all turned into the flames bitches.Colton is the sort of person that will be sorely disappointed when things don’t go his way and karma catches up to this non-human. I hope his rich parents are real proud of this “higher than thou” attitude. Nice parenting you frickin idiots.Hurry up karma,we can’t wait………..

6. Illkillcolton Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 10:23 pm

I’m done with survivor until this fag is voted off

7. Pat F Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Colton needs to go! How dare CBS allow his racist remarks to be televised! What he said about Bill and Leif is totally wrong. If Rush Limbaugh gets slammed for his stupid remarks then Colton and CBS should be held responsible as well. Get rid of Colton and bring Bill back!

8. Michelle Says:
    March 8th, 2012 at 5:14 am

I am totally disgusted by Colton and really disappointed in the men! I have watched every Survivor, have seen some dumb moves, but opting to go to Tribal because a racist lunatic wants to vote off someone he doesn’t like is by far the most ridiculous move involving no strategy whatsoever. I enjoy the “villains” very much so but Colton is too despicable. I actually felt sick to my stomach by the end of the show. Colton IS a virus and has no place on any tv show I watch. If they don’t get rid of him soon, I’m done for this season! Grrrr!

9. Janice Baker Says:
    March 8th, 2012 at 6:24 am

This was indeed the end of survivor for me. I thought the women were so manipulative in the first few episodes (I’m female) I was siding with the men, but last night I couldn’t believe the men gave Colton the power. Now it’s just stupid .vs stupid. Don’t care anymore and I had always been a faithful viewer. Goodbye.

10. Dee S Says:
    March 8th, 2012 at 6:28 am

Colton’s pitiful speech last night only made me dislike him even more. Could it be that he is so stupid, he doesn’t realize he is a racist? …some of his closest friends are african american…his housekeeper? Really?

11. oboie Says:
    March 8th, 2012 at 7:35 am

Last night show was insane, cant stand colton,

12. Tjp Says:
    March 8th, 2012 at 7:38 am

Colton is evil

13. Jeff Says:
    March 8th, 2012 at 8:29 am

Most pathetic and lame season of all time.
    Girls against the boys and I say boys because there is not 1 real Man amongst them …. even after the first thing colton did was to try to jump ship to the woman’s camp.
    they couldn’t wait to show the world how PC and excepting they are by joining the rich spoiled rotten brat HER Majesty QUEEN coltons CULT.
    I’m so tired of his F lamming that I will not watch this show the rest of this season every time I see him roll his eyes I want to punch him in the face.

14. Pat Lamasney Says:
    March 8th, 2012 at 8:32 am

Colton is an obnoxious racist – of course he’s from Alabama

15. stewie Says:
    March 8th, 2012 at 9:18 am

I like Colton but I wish he would have talked things out with Bill instead of blowing him off then maybe the men wouldn’t have ended up going to Tribal Council and voting Bill off whenever they were supposed to initially vote Lief off. Also Colton needs to step up his game in the challeneges because he was NOT a factor in the men trouncing the women. That’s one way he can gain some respect. And yes what Lief did was wrong and if he would have kept his mouth shut then the women would have gone to the Council like they should have done in the first place.

16. diana p lopez Says:
    March 8th, 2012 at 9:19 am

The dumbest survivor move ever!! Save yourselves Manono tribe and get rid of Colton and get your self respect back.

17. Kimberly Ramirez Says:
    March 8th, 2012 at 9:31 am

I have watched Survivor from the very beginning and there have been villains through the years. This year there doesn’t seem to be a “villain” but one that is a disgusting excuse for an American Homosexual Young Man in 2012.

Colton is an embarrassment to so many different cultures. And that is the point. DIFFERENCES. DIVERSITY. He has no idea what it is like outside of his bubble of a world. He has yet to experience hatred spewed at him the way he spat it at Bill. He is a better man than Colton will ever hope to be.

I am appalled that the entire team is going along with this ignorant persons hateful ideas.

18. sharon Says:
    March 8th, 2012 at 10:20 am

He must be doing something right…he has everyone voting the way he tells them to!

19. Mary Says:
    March 8th, 2012 at 11:53 am

Colton is disgusting. If he has parents, I am sorry they have to see and hear him. He is arrogant, lazy and I hope his tribe wakes up soon and boots his sorry fanny out of there!

20. Blakerin Says:
    March 8th, 2012 at 11:54 am

I am still amazed at what happened last night actually this whole Survivor Series couldl very well be my last, and I have watched all of them.
    Colton is so childishly stupid he has absolutely no idea what he is doing, or that his discriminatory insulting rants are not going down very well with the viewing public.

As a person who is involved with and around many struggling comedians his remarks are more that just offensive. His reference to have an african American in his life are even more offensive. He truly needs to go.

21. ladybug Says:
    March 8th, 2012 at 12:10 pm

BOY RACISM IS ALIVE AND WELL. THAT IS WHY I DON’T LIKE SURVIVOR. THEY ALWAYS GET RID OF THE BLACK PLAYERS FOR REASONS WE ALL KNOW.

22. Kelli Meier Says:
    March 8th, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I actually used to like and even felt sorry for Colton, that was until last night. He is not only a spoiled brat that has never worked a day in his life, he is a snob and a racist as far as I am concerned. He has African-Americans in his life…his HOUSEKEEPER for Gods sake! He needs to go as far as I am concerned, and the quicker the better. I also was shocked that the men traded with the women and went to Tribal Council. I have watched Survivor since the first episode 13 years ago, and I have never been so shocked as I was last night. I do admire what Bill said in the end- Colton could not except him for his differences, but he accepted Colton for his. Right on Bill!

23. David Brockett Says:
    March 8th, 2012 at 2:31 pm

It explains why the “rich kid” never does anything around camp. He probably never had to make his own bed. Time for him to go!!

24. Burma Savage Says:
    March 8th, 2012 at 3:49 pm

I hve never missed an episode. Will not watch again until Colton is gone.His vitriolic tiraids are not entertaining.His prescence is ruining the show. The folks on the selection commitee are wearing out their formula. A more lively mix of contestants would be much more interesting.

25. Patricia Donnellan Says:
    March 8th, 2012 at 4:08 pm

I was so shocked by this show. I was PRAYING that Jeff would tell Colton that in the history of Survivor THIS has never happened and then kicked Colton off of the show. Every human being has to be ashamed that he is part of the human race. He is a racist. I hope that when the show starts off next week that they bring Bill back.

26. amrcnbut Says:
    March 8th, 2012 at 6:29 pm

The only reason i could come up with as to why the 4 guys went along with Colton is that they are afraid what he might do to them while they are sleeping.The four guys showed us last night who the fairy was.

27. Lisa Says:
    March 8th, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Bill handled things well. At camp, he approached Colton and asked to talk man to man, but Colton rudely blew him off. Bill’s failure speech was a class act. I think CBS should have Bill on the Letterman Show to do his act, to get him exposure, so he can get better gigs.

28. Peggy Says:
    March 11th, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Colton reminds me of several other gay men, that I have worked with over the years…..So, I did some searching. The only Colton Cumbie, that I found on my search was a Colton Scott Cumbie, who lives in McAlester, OK. It gives the name of 3 people that must be related to him. One is a Jackie Cumbie, a local coach. His home is valuated at $61,360. If this is Colton’s family, I doubt very much they could afford a maid/housekeeper.

One gay that I use to work with acts like Colton. Prissy and extremely uppity. He, also, had his story hat his parents were living in a multi-millon dollar home. None of stories were true!

29. Peggy H Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 8:13 am

First of all, Why are all these adult men letting this little Mama’s boy run their game. Are they all crazy? The women knew better than to get involved with him. I felt sorry for Bill. He seemed like a nice guy to me. I think the real problem with Survivor this year is that there is no one to connect with in order to cheer them on. The idiot Colton seems to be getting all the camera time. On the women’s side, I think there are a couple I would like but I can’t get to know them because they aren’t shown. I don’t know if you have a different director or what but this year is lacking. I don’t think it helped by putting the men and women separate either. All boys and All girls make it a dull game. They need to mingle. Don’t like them being on the same island either. But I do love Survivor and Jeff so I’ll watch the rest of the show but while I am, I’ll be looking forward to the next one and hoping we go back to the old way. Why don’t you try one with Big Brother people? Now that would be exciting.

30. wayne Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 6:10 pm

I believe the whole show is scripted and is not real.In reality this gear box would have been voted off the first night,at most the second.I believe he/she /it was brought in to create controversie and interest in the show.

31. Patti Says:
    March 21st, 2012 at 5:31 pm

I used to love watching Survivor, but this year because of Colton I am done. Seriously, he has ruined the show for me! I am done watching.

Comments