Celebrity Apprentice: Meet Clay Aiken

March 11, 2012 11:00 AM by Veronica Dudo

This season, Celebrity Apprentice is packed full of drama with reality TV stars, comedians, singers, actors, athletes and models all competing to raise money and awareness for their charities. Each week, the business-savvy celebrity contestants are faced with a challenge created by their boss–Donald Trump on the NBC reality TV show. The last person standing will be hired as the Celebrity Apprentice and have the honor of delivering a $250,000 bonus check to their charity. Keep reading to meet contestant Clay Aiken!

With three eliminations so far, the cast now includes Aubrey O’Day, Arsenio Hall, Adam Carolla, Clay Aiken, Dayana Mendoza, Debbie Gibson, Dee Snider, Lisa Lampanelli, Lou Ferrigno, Michael Andretti, Patricia Velasquez, Paul Teutul Sr., Penn Jillette, Teresa Giudice and Tia Carrere.

After attracting the national spotlight on American Idol, Clay Aiken has sold more than six million copies of his four albums worldwide. He also won several American Music and Billboard Music Awards.

A Raleigh, North Carolina native, Aiken co-authored the memoir “Learning to Sing: Hearing the Music in Your Life” which made the New York Times best-seller list.

Aiken has debuted on Broadway in the role of Sir Robin in the Tony Award-winning musical “Monty Python’s Spamalot.” He has also appeared in numerous TV shows as both a guest and host.

Giving back is very important to Aiken who is a Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF and created his foundation, National Inclusion.

Who do you want to win Celebrity Apprentice? Join the conversation and leave a comment below!

Celebrity Apprentice airs Sundays on NBC at 9/8c.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Apprentice Links.

Photo Credit: NBC

Topics: Celebrity Apprentice, NBC Reality TV Shows |

8 Responses to “Celebrity Apprentice: Meet Clay Aiken”

1. kacy64 Says:
    March 11th, 2012 at 12:45 pm

I’m for Clay and National Inclusion Project, go, Clay!

2. cindy Says:
    March 11th, 2012 at 12:52 pm

clay all the way on Celebrity Apprentice. He doesn’t do anything half way. Stand back the bus is rolling and Clay is driving.

3. Sal Says:
    March 12th, 2012 at 6:06 am

Clay Aiken is very smart and I’d love to see him win it all. Enjoying the show and all the drama.
    Thought the men did better in the car challenge and should have won.

4. kitwild Says:
    March 12th, 2012 at 8:23 am

The Celeb Apprentice was great last night. Thanks for highlighting Clay Aiken. He hasn’t had as much face time as I’d like thus far, but he’s so talented in so many arenas that I suspect he’ll go far on the show. A surprise to me is Aubrey O’Day. I didn’t think I’d like her when she appeared so utterly egotistical from Day One, but I now think that’s a big act to get her major attention and keep her buzzing along on the show. She’s quite intelligent and knows how to play the game. GO CLAY GO! GO AUBREY GO!

5. Gia Says:
    March 12th, 2012 at 4:01 pm

I would love to see Clay win this season of the Apprentice. He’s smart, he sings well and he can hold his own. Clay is a natural in concert, he also has a quick wit. He also can have a snarky attitude. I wish Adam Corolla wasn’t fired, because I like him too. I like all the guys but Lou is out of his element. Sorry, Lou.

6. Gia Says:
    March 12th, 2012 at 4:26 pm

I would love to see Clay win this season of the Apprentice. He has wit, intelligence, a great singing voice and he also has a snarky attitude at times. I am sorry Adam got fired, It would have been nice if he could have stayed longer.
    Love all the men, but Lou is out of his element, sorry, Lou.

7. Stephanie Says:
    March 20th, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Yes, this is the Clay Aiken I remember way back when on AI2, competitive but caring, charming and snarky. I applaud Clay for standing up to Penn. I think Penn was shocked and didn’t realize he was doing what he was doing. It was wonderful to see all of the guys happy for Lou winning. Clay doesn’t hesitate to tell it like it is even it makes him uncmfortable, but he’s willing to do what it takes to help someone succeed. He is very smart and very shrewd. I hope he wins it all! GO CLAY! :)

8. sule Says:
    April 5th, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Clay would pass a message to Lisa Lampanelli? Was she always a pouting whinning pretty woman hater or her symptoms onset after realizing she was not one. I see that she went to Harward and her life was hard with her Italian mother. It must be pretty upsetting that others around her does not mirror her experinces and her out look in life including being, fat, crude and lover of African American penises. She also needs stop that crying cr..p when things does not go on her way in the board room. My advise would be ” Man Up Lisa” and ” who choosed you to be the final commentator on ever one.” Clay I wish you luck I like your evenness in this show. Good luck.

Comments