Survivor: One World Recap — Karma Strikes Colton Cumbie

March 21, 2012 07:27 PM by Ryan Haidet

In what I feel is a very frustrating season, Survivor: One World finally delivered a stellar episode as one of the meanest, most conniving, disgusting, rude, selfish human beings to ever play the game was given what he deserved.  That’s right, Colton Cumbie’s ass is out of the game.  Go ahead and cheer.  I know you want to.  The evil is outta there and it’s all because his appendix hates him.  I’ve never believed in karma more than I do tonight.  If that wasn’t enough to make tonight’s episode exciting, both tribes went to Tribal Council where Jeff Probst delivered shocking news about the future of the game.  What all went down?  Read on to find out!

The episode began with Colton and Alicia acting like total assholes toward Christina after they returned to camp following Monica’s elimination.  They both were rubbing it in her face that she was guaranteed to be the next person voted off.  “You might make an alliance with a hermit crab,” Colton told her.  Then, as Christina asked for some room in the shelter to lay down, Alicia acted like a 10-year-old kid refusing to politely move.  Seriously, folks?!?!  It’s cool to dislike somebody, but to treat them like absolute garbage is bullshit.  Alicia, you need a wake-up call.

Rude Attitudes

The Reward challenge, which was for a trip to a Survivor-style ice-cream parlor, brought another loss to Manono.  Two of the worst competitors in the challenge were Alicia and Colton, but that didn’t seem to matter.  All Colton could focus on was how bad Christina was performing.  “I’m just so ready for Christina to be gone,” Colton said in confessional.  “You can quit or you can wait and go home in two days, or you can jump in the fire and be medevaced, whichever’s more convenient for you.  She drives me insane.  I hate her voice, I hate her face, I hate everything about her.”  When they were sitting around camp, Colton then actually suggested to Christina that she just jump in the fire.

Alicia’s nastiness sparked when she overheard Christina campaigning against her with Leif and Jonas.  Instead of backing down and denying her actions like I feel Alicia and Colton would do, Christina owned it.  That’s when the claws came out and Alicia repeatedly labeled Christina as a bad player.  Honestly, Alicia and Colton may be two of the worst players I’ve ever seen take on this game — a social game.  Constantly ridiculing and fighting with your tribemates is the worst mistake anybody could make.

The Pain In The Ass Gets A Pain In The Gut

That night, Colton found himself with a severe headache and ironically into the care of Christina.  Yep, the person he had been so crude to was the holding and massaging his head.  Although I do think her actions were genuine, there was no doubt strategy involved with that one.

The next day, Christina found Colton laying in the woods by himself and rushed to get help.  It wasn’t long before Probst and a pair of medics showed up to assess the situation.  As the medic pressed gently on his right side, Colton painfully grunted.  His heart rate then doubled to 120.  Although Probst mentioned constipation, the medic said it was likely appendicitis.  “It’s too risky to not take him out and get investigated ’cause it can burst,” she said.  Colton cried and begged Probst to stay in the game.  But the spoiled brat didn’t get his way.  Nope.  Instead, Probst delivered one of the funniest moments I’ve seen in a long time — “Do you still have the Idol?” he asked Colton.  Hahaha!  When Colton said yes, Probst said he could do whatever he wanted with it.  He could give it away or keep it for himself.  Are you surprised he kept it for himself?  You shouldn’t be.  In true Colton fashion, he took it home with him.  As his tribemates came to say goodbye, he was wearing the Idol around his neck and told them to thank Sabrina for the souvenir.

If that whole scenario wasn’t karma enough, Alicia found herself with her back against the wall.  She really thought Colton should have given her the Idol.  Smart players, huh?  If you hadn’t been running your obnoxious mouth the entire game you wouldn’t need an Idol as badly as you do now, moron.

While I was thrilled to see Colton get his due, I actually felt a little bad for him.  I know.  It doesn’t make sense, right?  But something in me felt sorry for him.  Maybe because he was a total asshole for nothing.

Tribal Twist

If the events involving Colton weren’t enough to shake the Manono castaways, both tribes received a surprising treemail: “The game continues on, so don’t give up the fight.  You haven’t won, you haven’t lost, but you will go to Tribal tonight.”  With Colton’s medical emergency, I certainly didn’t suspect another person would be voted out — but I also didn’t anticipate the twist Probst threw at them as they all sat down at Tribal.  “The game is about to get complicated one more time.  You can drop your buffs.  We are merged.”  I guess I was so hyped up on everything up to that point because I didn’t see that coming.  At all.  Probst then tossed the 12 remaining contestants their new buffs, which are disappointingly black.  I know it’s extremely nerdy to complain about the buff colors, but I’m so tired of seeing black used as a merged color.  Both tribal buffs were so beautifully vibrant this season and to have them washed out with black kind of sucks.  Black continues to be the most duplicated merged buff color having been used in seven times in seasons 7, 12, 13, 15, 20, 22 and now 24.  The merged tribe will be living together at the original One World beach.

One other element that came out of Tribal Council is that Alicia announced that Colton took the Idol home while offering his thanks to Sabrina for the souvenir.  Sabrina actually said she believed the story because Colton only wanted that Idol for himself.  Chelsea, on the other hand, didn’t buy it one bit.  She thought they still had the Idol.

On another note, Kat really popped up unexpectedly in this episode.  “I had a dream that I was in the mall shopping for clothes and Alicia killed me in my dream,” she told the Salani tribe.  “Maybe that’s a sign, maybe it’s not.  I don’t know.  I hope she doesn’t kill me but that was very scary for me.”  Then were Probst explained at Tribal Council that Colton had acute appendicitis, her reaction was ridiculous.  “Oh, my God.  What is that?” she asked.  After Leif and Kim revealed they’ve both had their appendixes removed, Kat declared that she was worried it was going to happen to her next.  Oy!  I guess this is the reason she’s been pretty much invisible since Nina was booted.

All I can say is wow.  What a rush that episode turned out to be.  Not only am I happy Colton’s nasty attitude is gone from the show, it will actually be nice to have some of this season focus on the other players.  Now all we need is for Tarzan and Alicia to get voted off and we’ll actually have a fun season.

What did you think of the episode?  Were you happy Colton was removed from the game?  Did you find yourself feeling sorry for him?  What about Alicia and her actions toward Christina?  Are you happy the tribes merged?  Are you tired of black buffs, too?  Sound off and leave a comment below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Survivor: One World news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Survivor: One World.

Images courtesy of CBS.

Topics: CBS Reality TV Shows, Survivor |

26 Responses to “Survivor: One World Recap — Karma Strikes Colton Cumbie”

1. Boojum323 Says:
    March 21st, 2012 at 8:24 pm

I’m an Alabamian, and he is an embarrassment to the state. Row Tahd, Colton. Couldn’t happen to a more deserving person.

2. eric Says:
    March 21st, 2012 at 8:50 pm

didn’t think I could like someone less than russell…until I saw Colton. What a low class individual. Wow! His mom and dad are so embarrassed.

3. Pat Says:
    March 21st, 2012 at 8:58 pm

The SOB will be back. He is from my home town. I knew 3 weeks ago he would get sick and leave the game – it was no secret back home. I am so happy he is gone – got what he deserved. However I am not happy that he is claiming that Survivor offered him $100,000 to return for another season. I won’t be watching that season until he is gone again.

4. Tracy Says:
    March 21st, 2012 at 9:03 pm

I am thrilled that Colton is no longer in game. I think it was fitting that he left the game with a medical emergency. He was mean, nasty, and judgmental, for no reason what so ever. So I’m glad he is off the show. Now, it seems that Survivor is getting back on track.

5. Brenda Says:
    March 21st, 2012 at 9:11 pm

It was pure karma.. Taking the idol doesn’t surprise me either!

Alecia is a school teacher? She acts like a sub

6. Janet Says:
    March 21st, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Halleujah he’s gone. These morons couldn’t see what a spiteful, hateful jerk he is so karma had to step in and send him packing.
    It’s going to be great not seeing or hearing that scumbag. Hopefully Alicia is next on the chopping block. What goes around comes around.

7. Marcia Says:
    March 21st, 2012 at 9:38 pm

I am in total agreement. It was Karma. And now we just need to get rid of Alicia, then Tarzan, and we will have a good show.

If I feel sorry for anyone, it is Christina. She is a nice person, and nobody deserves that kind of treatment she got from the “wicked ones”. Lol.

8. goodriddance Says:
    March 21st, 2012 at 10:08 pm

This guy is a POS. I hope he learned something from this experience, but he is too spoiled to open his eyes. Good riddance !!

9. Alexander Isaac Conan Says:
    March 21st, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Colton cracks my top ten list for most vile and disgusting human beings I’ve ever seen.
    Until now, I didn’t really believe in karma, but, after what happened to Colton, I somewhat think there might be justice in the universe after all.
    I hope his injury hurts like hell.
    Karma’s a bitch!

10. darwin Says:
    March 21st, 2012 at 11:27 pm

It was very painful to watch Alicia and Colton. They are disgusting human beings. Glad Colton is out, he did deserve all the pain he got.

11. LJ Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 12:00 am

Seeing gay boy carried off was even better than seeing Russel lose in the first Redemption Island.

12. Adam Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 12:56 am

Fist pump in the air when Colton was medivaced. Kinda ironic since he told Christina she could leave early by jumping in the fire and get medivaced!

13. Janice Baker Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 5:37 am

Ryan, I agreed 100% with everything you said from start to finish. I wasn’t even going to watch this episode because Colton is such a disgusting human being but my husband called me in to watch as he thought Colton might be going. My only other comment – why did Jeff ask Colton about idol when it was MEDICAL EMERGENCY – where was the concern to get him out of there quick!

14. rhonda Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 5:42 am

I am going to miss Colton. I loved the way he played. I hope they ask him back in the future. Get well Colton.

15. Peter Ryan Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 6:32 am

I am glad that Colton got the boot. I agree that disliking someone is OK but to just be a total asshole to them (Christina) is just wrong. Call it Karma or whatever you like but if Colton or Alicia were dying in the street I would likly laugh and make fun of them. I do not feel the least bet bad about Colton and just can’t wait for Alicia to get her due.

16. Carrie Hayes Blair Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 6:43 am

I was more than happy when the Karma train came in and grabbed Colton by the appendix. I belly laughed over that one. Now his mouthy, nasty bitch in crime Alicia needs to go. I hope Christina (who I am not a fan of either), goes and tells Alicia’s female alliance partners what all she has been doing. I hope that bitch is next to go!!

17. Becca Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 7:06 am

Yes! I was so glad to see Colton gone. I hope Alicia will be next. We are trying so hard to teach our kids that spoiled brats and Bullies are such loosers and then no one on the show has the nerve to put them in their place and vote them out. I do not think that was their game face, but the way they really are…

18. martha moore Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 10:03 am

Doesn’t Colton”s shenanigans remind you of the political arena we take a sideline seat to watch every day. One person can lead the pact in the most grotesque bullying and the others are too weak to do anything but go along to get along, leaving God to do all the heavy lifting by Himself.

19. John Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 12:00 pm

YES!….the asshole is finally gone! I would’ve left his spoiled ass in the woods to DIE! I wanted so badly to reach into the TV and hit him. I drove me nuts. I almost stop watching the show, because he was so difficult to believe. I had no idea people like him existed. What an ashole!

20. Rebecca Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 12:01 pm

If they bring him back, he will get kicked off the first night! Everyone knows what he is and that ugly Alicia! She is a nast person inside and out!

21. Rebecca Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Rhonda must be just like Colton! Karma will get you!

22. baber Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I truly hope they don’t let Colton or Alicia back on survivor. Even Russell couldn’t compete with the evil and vile words that came out of their mouths. I like a game w/ outwit, outlast, outplay but that was just being a bully and should not be condoned.

23. Mickey Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Now now….if there is one group that loved Colton and will miss him dearly, who probably are erecting statues of him, and are praying for him in all of his glory…Leeches.
    Lets face it…leeches have a bad rap for being a bunch of good for nothing blood sucking worms that instill absolute ‘ick’ to anyone that sees, hears or thinks about them.
    Leeches love him cause COLTON MAKE LEECHES LOOK DAMN GOOD!
    At least leeches have a good use, they have medicinal uses in the field of plastic surgery and other uses, not just blood letting.
    Colton has absolutely no use except for causing a knee jerk reaction of a forced bowel movement and/or explosive vomiting.
    My apologies to this site for my venting…he REALLY ticked me off and I now actually believe there may be a higher being that gave a little wink and caused Colton to get sick and leave.
    At least Alicia did some work around the camp and contributed some work to the tribe. I think she picked up a stick or something for the fire.

24. Linda Says:
    March 23rd, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Alicia is a schoolteacher? Do you really want that biotch around your little ones? She needs to be fired forthwith.

25. patty Says:
    March 25th, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Thank god i stumbled on this site and read that that CREEP is out. I actually had decided not to watch survivor anymore ‘coz could not take that a**hole and his attitude anymore. Well, there is divine justice afterall! Amen!

26. Regina Says:
    March 27th, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Rhonda you are just as stupid as Colton

Comments