The Situation Mike Sorrentino Speaks Out About Rehab

March 22, 2012 05:31 AM by Megan Thompson

“The Situation”, Mike Sorrentino, broke his silence about all the rehab rumors. The Jersey Shore star wanted to put an end to all the speculation about why he was in rehab, so he sent a message to his fans.  Keep reading to find out what “The Situation” had to say about why he is seeking treatment.

TMZ broke the story that Mike Sorrentino checked himself into rehab. Sources told TMZ, “The MTV star’s hard-partying ways were worse than ever during the taping of the most recent season of Jersey Shore…and the signs were obvious during the episode when the gang went camping.”

After the story broke Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino tweeted his fans letting them know not to believe everything they read, especially from TMZ. Mike compared the story to a bad game of telephone. The entire situation was getting out of control, so Mike wanted to set the record straight about why he was seeking treatment. Yesterday Mike sent a tweet entitled, “Here’s the truth. Love all my fans.” In the message Mike let his fans know that he was in a treatment facility for a prescription medication problem. Mike wrote, ”I have voluntarily taken steps to get control of a prescription medication problem I had due to exhaustion.”

There are a lot of people commenting, even on Mike’s own webpage, that don’t believe his exhaustion excuse. People are speculating that Mike’s partying on Jersey Shore has gotten him in trouble with drugs and alcohol.

What do you think about Mike Sorrentino’s message to his fans? Did he handle the situation or is it spiraling out of control? Let us know what you think about this story, leave us a comment below.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “Like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Jersey Shore.

Photos courtesy of MTV

Topics: Jersey Shore, MTV Reality TV Shows |

10 Responses to “The Situation Mike Sorrentino Speaks Out About Rehab”

1. ben Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 8:57 am

How exactly does this qualify as news? And does anyone really give a crap about this douche bag? There are thousands of people in rehab, but the media isn’t reporting on that.

2. sandy Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 10:41 am

Who cares how he ended up in rehab, it’s just good that he got the help he obviously needed. Maybe he’ll have a new personality without drugs and actually be a nice person. Of course, I won’t be holding my breath.

3. no name Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 10:52 am

Come on is more then just that
    is also an alcoholic and sex addict
    who is he kidding and why on earth would he check himself in rehab so willing

4. Tony Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 11:16 am

REALLY! REALLY! anyone one of those reality stars, OH did I say reality stars LOL LOL I meant ATTENTION HORES…..do you really think that we are going to fall for Mike’s claim that he went in for exhaustion (he is no singer, performer, athlete) all he does is drink and parties (don’t even dance) and he is exhausted from that….

Please we all know that its due to steriods, and if anyone knows about steriods you will understand that it does get you irate, and act erratic so don’t come out and say that TMZ doesn’t know whats going on….YOU MIKE JUST CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH!! and “THE SITUATION”

5. mike Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 12:53 pm

why is it news ben? cause hes what they call a “celebeb”. So he’s news. you may not watch the show or maybe you do and just don’t like mike..? either way he has millions of fans and viewers that are all Speculating on whats going on with him. So why read the story if your not intrested? Your life that boring bro? lol

6. Andrea Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 10:47 pm

I think the entire story is crap, I think he is following the same path that so many “celebrities” follow when they get into the spotlight. How this guy is even popular is beyond me but I just think that he thinks because he is on tv it entitles him to do whatever he wants and thinks it is ok to make excuses by using the media to futhur market himself as a standup guy. All the people on that show are a joke, plain and simple. If the world thinks that acting like a complete ass is cool then this world is seriously screwed and the youth of today are being incredibly mislead as to what a rolemodel should be. But, major television stations will throw any idiot on tv to make a few bucks, we should all be living the high life if that is the case.

7. WWJD Says:
    March 23rd, 2012 at 1:40 am

I would throw in Alcoholic as well.

8. Jonny Says:
    March 23rd, 2012 at 5:29 am

My friend said they were in a club in DC with him and he kept asking everyone for coke. And everyone knows cocaine is a way to deal with exhaustion

9. NJ2 Says:
    March 23rd, 2012 at 6:51 am

I would leave a comment, but I have no idea who this guy is, a situation?

10. Adele Says:
    March 23rd, 2012 at 1:23 pm

I don’t care what any of you people are saying. All I care about is the fact someone in the world realized they had a problem (with something, ANYTHING) and took the initiative to GET BETTER. Why does everyone constantly have to throw their hatred at everything. It’s annoying, ridiculous, and quite frankly, immature.

Comments