Interior Therapy: Jeff Lewis Acknowledges New Show Is ‘A Work In Progress’

April 13, 2012 09:31 AM by Martha Zaborowski

Interior Therapy has been airing on Bravo for the past few weeks; and although many fans have been pleased to watch Flipping Out stars Jeff Lewis, Jenni Pulos, and Zoila Chavez on another reality program, ratings haven’t been great. Two weeks ago, Interior Therapy had 821,000 viewers. On the same night, Million Dollar Listing New York, a spin-off of the LA version with brand-new cast members, nabbed slightly more viewers, 867,000. For further comparison, another Bravo freshman show with newly introduced TV personalities, Shahs of Sunset recently grabbed 1.33 million viewers. Jeff Lewis has surely taken notice and is now is commenting on the state of programming of Interior Therapy.

In his Bravo blog, Jeff writes: ” I want to be clear, [Interior Therapy] is not replacing Flipping Out. It is a second show intended to entertain loyal Bravo viewers in the interim…What drew me to the Interior Therapy concept was the idea of a “mad dash” remodel that could be done in just five days.” (Unlike Flipping Out which shows the cast working on projects for at least several months.)

He adds: “I realize the structure of the show has some challenges and it needs some tweaks, but it does have tremendous potential. I appreciate your constructive criticism, and trust me I’m listening. I am a perfectionist, and I want this show to be everything you expect it to be. It will get better, it just might take a season to perfect. In the meantime, keep commenting. Good or bad, I can handle it.”

You heard the man, viewers: Jeff Lewis wants your constructive criticism. So what do you truly think of Interior Therapy? Do you watch regularly? If not, why don’t you tune in? Do you prefer seeing Jeff on Flipping Out? Please share your thoughts.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality Television.

Visit our sister site SheKnows for more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment!

Photo Credit: Bravo

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, Flipping Out, Interior Therapy |

16 Responses to “Interior Therapy: Jeff Lewis Acknowledges New Show Is ‘A Work In Progress’”

1. Paulafromulsa Says:
    April 13th, 2012 at 3:37 pm

I love both of your shows, Jeff. We could use a little more of Zoila and your boyfriend, and your cute dogs. Zoila cracks me up so much especially when you and she interact. It is so funny. Looking forward to more episodes. Oh and I love Jenni too!

2. Heather Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 8:30 pm

What’s missing is enjoying your personal life. Miss that a lot.

3. Deb Says:
    April 20th, 2012 at 5:35 am

Good Morning Jeff

I havent watched a lot of television of late, and this week, while on vacation, I stumbled Interior Therapy. What a great show. I looked today for a link to submit a situation in someone’s life who, could use some interior therapy from you. She’s a widow of two years, living in a home that she and her husband remodeled a few times of the last decade or so. I see how thoughtful her face is when she remarks about the things they did together on the house, but sad at the same time. After two years, she like her home is stalled in time, in need of new scenery so, while she can remember the past, it doesnt make her sad to look at the unfinished reminders. I have included my email and, would really appreicate if ever there is a time for submissions, I can nominate her home on the east coast. Much Regards.

4. Anne Says:
    April 21st, 2012 at 5:59 pm

I LOVE this new show! It is completely fascinating to see the blend of family drama, design, and Jeff’s perceptive abilities. I honestly think it is perfect as is. My husband and I look forward to each new episode!

How depressing that Million Dollar NY is doing well – that show features a bunch of idiots and is so pointless.

5. Mary Says:
    April 24th, 2012 at 8:56 am

Love both of the shows, Interior Therapy is great! Especially the personalities each week, hoarding, drama, and love Jeff, Jenni, and Zoila!

6. Jayne Says:
    April 24th, 2012 at 2:28 pm

I am really enjoying the show. I like to get ideas on decorating and the show gives good ideas. I too would like to hear more about what is going on in the rest of your life. I am so glad Jenni is back!

7. Susan Rappa Says:
    April 24th, 2012 at 8:08 pm

I love the New show as much if not more than flipping out. I will ccontinue to watch both. forever.

8. Linda Says:
    April 25th, 2012 at 5:27 pm

BRavo show…. enjoying Interior Therapy. Will continue to watch, wish the time wasn’t conflicting with another all time favorite show – “American Idol”! Could that be why the ratings are lower than desired? I love watching the interior transformations & how Jeff applies his talents – really great!
    Do miss Flipping out! Why a new series if Flipping out will be returning? I really like Jenni and want to see more of Zoila too.

9. Jess Says:
    April 25th, 2012 at 6:40 pm

I prefer Interior Therapy one of the main reasons I had to stop watching flipping out was because of Gage- but I am elated this show is without him so I can continue to watch Jeff be hilarious and see his great designs!

10. kassy hodsdon Says:
    April 26th, 2012 at 9:36 am

just discovered this SHOW… LOVE IT!!! but Jeff your lips, they drive me crazy!! <3

11. joan durante Says:
    April 27th, 2012 at 7:36 am

Sooo disappointed with Jeff’new show. Please bring back Flippin Out and all the charaters like Gage,Jet and the dogs.

12. Kellie Says:
    April 29th, 2012 at 10:49 pm

I love love love this show. I love that Jeff is truthful and yet very blunt,which could come across hurtful, but the humor is right there to lighten up uncomfortable moments. I love Jeni and Zoila too… with out them there would not be a show…

13. toni Says:
    May 17th, 2012 at 9:50 am

Hey Jeff, we recently bought a house in Conn. and it will be undergoing some construction for a few months, but then it will be basically empty – any chance you would take that on??? please…

14. Gail Says:
    May 30th, 2012 at 11:11 pm

First off, you are a genius designer….but you already know that :-) I agree with the comment about ratings and American Idol. Who can compete with their viewing audience? Your network should change your time slot and replace it with one of the dumb wedding or housewife shows/reruns.

My husband and I got hooked on Flipping Out two seasons ago. In addition to you and your cast, we love seeing the process and outcome of your projects. We would like to know more about the sources for each project. Is there a resource link or reference I’ve missed? We are waiting impatiently for the new season to start! Date and time please? I can’t find a seemingly reliable post on that.

Meanwhile, we are enjoying Interior Therapy, but would like to see you and Zoila a bit more. It was the personal elements and interactions with the FO cast that made it so entertaining. As for Gage, I think he gets a bad rap. That could be good for the show. Love to hate kind of thing. Did you two adopted? Good luck with both your personal life and career.

15. Sage78 Says:
    May 31st, 2012 at 10:32 am

I LOVE Interior Threapy! It’s refreshing to see a beginning and an end and all the drama in between. If gives you and Jenny a chance to really shine. Love it Love it.

16. Ruby Says:
    July 9th, 2013 at 11:34 am

I love you Jeff your so much like me in honesty my house is disaster and i will need so much help can you help my house next.Thanks Ruby

Comments