The Voice Introduces “Instant Eliminations” Tonight

April 16, 2012 09:00 AM by Shayla Perry

Last week, Adam Levine complained that the contestants on The Voice do their best only when they’re facing elimination. Well, if that’s true, we’re expecting some of the most amazing performances we’ve ever heard from the members of Team Blake and Team Christina, as the NBC reality show introduces a new element…INSTANT ELIMINATIONS. Read on for all the details.

Tonight, two contestants will be going home on The Voice.

No, don’t check your calendar…It’s not Tuesday.

NBC has announced that this season, they’re putting a new spin on the hit reality singing competition.

With the Instant Eliminations, each team member will be singing not only for your votes, but to save themselves from being eliminated by their own coach that very night.

So, at the end of the episode there will be only 3 artists for viewers to vote for and save from elimination on Tuesday’s Results Show.

During the Results Show, the bottom two artists from Team Blake and Team Christina will perform once again, with Blake Shelton and Christina Aguilera deciding which ones they’ll be taking with them to the Semifinals.

Tell us — What do you think about the Instant Eliminations? Do you like that the coaches will be getting rid of one of their team members before the viewers have a chance to vote on their performances, or not?

Sound off in the Comments section below, and don’t forget to tune in for The Voice‘s first Instant Eliminations tonight at 8|7c on NBC.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “Like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Voice Links.

Photo credit: NBC

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, The Voice |

23 Responses to “The Voice Introduces “Instant Eliminations” Tonight”

1. winona campbell Says:
    April 16th, 2012 at 10:04 am

Yeah this is my fist year with the voice. Freakin’ addictive. Big fan of Ceelo and the Massone kid. Not because I’m from Boston but if anyone gonna be a “star” it’s him. He has all the star “Beiber” quality and damn it, he annunciates each word. Now that’s the voice. As far as picking who goes its all a part of great TV.

2. callie Says:
    April 16th, 2012 at 11:48 am

Not happy with their picks so far … so who knows how this will go.

3. brianne griffith Says:
    April 16th, 2012 at 12:32 pm

as long as juliet simms wins, i don’t care who eliminates who.

4. Nicole Says:
    April 16th, 2012 at 7:02 pm

What in the WORLD was Christina and Blake thinking getting rid of the contestants they chos to eliminate….OMG!!!

5. Jeanie Says:
    April 16th, 2012 at 7:04 pm

What the heck is Christina thinking??????

6. Susan Says:
    April 16th, 2012 at 7:04 pm

I was a fan until tonight. Jesse should have stayed need a new coach next year if she can’t do better than that.

7. Jeannie C. Says:
    April 16th, 2012 at 7:10 pm

I think Christina & Blake should have thought twice about the contestants they released…They did not choose the weakest link on each team.
    Even Adam Levine was shocked.

8. lynda henderson Says:
    April 16th, 2012 at 7:12 pm

I think it was a terrible choice Cbristina made with Jessee.Dont know if I will keep watching!!!

9. denna Says:
    April 16th, 2012 at 7:16 pm

ARE you kidding??? Jesse Cambell should not have been eliminated

10. Kate Says:
    April 16th, 2012 at 7:19 pm

I can’t believe Christina eliminated her best singer. that was ridiculous. Unbelievable to get rid of him. what is wrong with her? He must have not taken her advice and she did not like that.

11. gloria Says:
    April 16th, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Shocked at Christina’s choice for elimination. Should have let the public vote first. I think both teams would have other people elimated

12. Susan Hilton Says:
    April 16th, 2012 at 7:23 pm

I was a huge fan until tonight. The Blonde must not want to win, what was she thinking Jesse was the best on her team. I think you need a new coach for next year I may tune back in then.

13. Charles Inniss Says:
    April 16th, 2012 at 7:35 pm

my wife and I were watching the show today and when Christina announced her elimination we turned it off and will not view another episode. We thought in the early shows that this was a great format and looked forward to seeing so really good talent get a shot. Each week the show continued to fall short of our expectations. The coaches seem reluctant to be truthfully critical of the performances. When Christina eliminated from her own team the singer the other coaches called the one to beat, we lost all lost all confidence in the credibility the process. You have got to be kidding me.

14. Charles Inniss Says:
    April 16th, 2012 at 7:39 pm

my wife and I were watching the show today and when Christina announced her elimination we turned it off and will not view another episode. We thought in the early shows that this was a great format and looked forward to seeing some really good talent get a shot. Each week the show continued to fall short of our expectations. The coaches seem reluctant to be truthfully critical of the performances. When Christina eliminated from her own team the singer the other coaches called the one to beat, we lost all confidence in the credibility the process. You have got to be kidding me.

15. janet bishop Says:
    April 16th, 2012 at 7:46 pm

I love the voice..I was all ready to vote for Blake Sheldons person and Christina,s person….but I’m not voting and I’m not watching the show anymore because she got rid of Jessie…..I’m from Tn. and a country western fan, but I thought Jessie was great competition against Sheldon’s team…So Christina I’m 65 years old enjoying the voice but you no more. I’m gonna watch Dancing with the Stars..I don’t care who wins the voice cause you took out the compition..

16. picc Says:
    April 16th, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Chirstina messed up BAAAAAAD!!!! What a dope….Jesse could have won this thing!!

17. swileyes Says:
    April 16th, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Christina is crazy for voting Jesse Campbell off the Show. He has the best voice on the show…She is crazy!!!

18. MadGeo Says:
    April 16th, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Christina voted off Jessie Campbell to save one of her female favorites. She should have eliminated Chris, but then Jessie would have knocked off one of her girls. Christina is now officially a jealous bimbo.

19. Leah Says:
    April 17th, 2012 at 12:11 am

Jesse Campbell eliminated, INSANE!!!!!!!!!

20. Ramon Herrera Says:
    April 17th, 2012 at 12:44 am

I was a fan of “The Voice,” until tonight. Christina’s elimination was beyond me, “beyond her,” and not what I expect of “The Voice!” I’m done with this show!

21. Angelic Flyer Says:
    April 17th, 2012 at 7:27 am

I don’t really care what they do. After last nights elimination of Jessie Campbell, The Voice is in the can with Idol and X-Factor

22. Maw Says:
    April 18th, 2012 at 5:25 am

are my ears in trouble?
    i always think Lindsey is worst!

i hope jesse will be back soon.

23. judy Says:
    April 18th, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Christina can do what she wants, its her show! Jesse was prob getting all arrogant. Im glad he’s gone :) Ceelo or Adam will win anyway. Lighten up people

Comments