April 17, 2012 11:16 AM by Shayla Perry

Still trying to wrap your brain around Christina Aguilera‘s decision to get rid of frontrunner Jesse Campbell during last night’s Instant Elimination on The Voice? So are we! But true to his character, the single dad has no hard feelings toward Aguilera. In fact, he’s even defending her!

“Hey Guys! THIS IS NOT A BAD THING!” Campbell tweeted to his almost 17,000 Twitter followers on Tuesday (April 17), urging them to send Christina Aguilera nothing but “Love & Light” after her surprising decision to eliminate him from her team.

“We don’t know what goes on behind the scenes,” Jesse added. “All Is Well.”

And as he mentioned during his appearance on The Today Show earlier, this may be the end of the road for him on The Voice, but it’s only the beginning of what we’re sure will be a very successful career for Jesse Campbell.

Besides…the guy’s managed to pick himself back up after being abandoned by his wife and living on the streets. We think he’ll get over being eliminated from an NBC reality show. It still hurts us though.

Are you still watching The Voice now that Jesse Campbell is out of the competition? If so, who are you rooting for to take home the top prize?

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “Like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Voice Links.

Photo Credit: NBC

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, The Voice |

40 Responses to “Jesse Campbell Defends Christina Aguilera After His Shocking Elimination From ‘The Voice’”

1. Diane Says:
    April 17th, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Christina is always saying spiteful things to the contestants rather than constructive feedback about their performances. The Voice would be a much better show without her. Someone like Alicia Keys, Pink, or Beyonce, would be a better coach for the show. Every one of Christina’s songs have all sounded exactly the same, she only has one firm of sing (she has a nice voice) but she’s not at all versatile or even relevant right now so she’s unable to offer good advice on how to expand as a singer. Lastly, I won’t watch the show anymore until she’s gone

2. Carolyn Says:
    April 17th, 2012 at 12:45 pm

I think it really sucks that Christina cut Jesse last night. I think giving him the halo song was intended for him not to do good so it would justify the cut. But God bless him all the more! The only reason I was supporting her team was because of Jesse. Now I will be supporting Jermaine! Those on Christina’s team still need to grow where Jesse was mature. I thought you were looking for the voice not trying to have a mentorship program. This show doesn’t know what its trying to achieve. I’m beginning to not like it. I’m think the X factor will keep my attention. They aren’t pulling these last minute antics. Why not let America vote! He was America’s favorite so you had do the coach elimination. If you know who you want to give the award to then don’t contrive the show just reward them. I’m still mad after last night. It ruined my whole evening and I watched it again last night because I couldn’t believe she eliminated Jesse before that young girl, and Chris and whoever. I didn’t listen to Chris, I fast forward thru his song, nothing against him. Just not appealing to me. I think the world of jesse for handling things the way he did when he knew you were pulling a fast one.

3. raz Says:
    April 17th, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Love and Light is a conspiracy

4. sunangel Says:
    April 17th, 2012 at 7:59 pm

No I’m not watching the show anymore! And now that I’ve heard Ashley de la Rosa is also eliminated worst yet! this show is NOT about the voice! is about Barbie and Ken Dolls that can give NBC high ratings because of them looks. Next season contestants should be crazy to choose Cristina as their coach! X-factor all the way, baby!

5. Don Says:
    April 17th, 2012 at 9:09 pm

What Christina did to Jesse was just plain wrong. The others in her group were not even close. Sending Jesse Campbell home was a tragically unfair act and one that should be capable of being overturned by the American public. This was absolutely tragedy. Somebody please make this right? God please make this right?

6. Bill Says:
    April 17th, 2012 at 10:28 pm

It definitely seemed like an egoic move on the part of Christina. The guy has an amazing voice, and spirit. No one from her team will this thing now. Celo’s team has the best performers bar none. I’m sure Jesse will be signed, and we’ll see him everywhere. I remember seeing him sing at the Agape International Spiritual Center in front of 1500 people and he just blew the roof off the house. I won’t be watching the show as much now.

7. Jona Says:
    April 17th, 2012 at 11:28 pm

Christina Aguilera… what an idiot!

8. Jona Says:
    April 17th, 2012 at 11:31 pm

What is the point of the show if the best voice by miles is kicked out based on the whims of one judge? Absolutely ridiculous. Well I won’t waste my time watching the show from here on…

9. Damn Right Says:
    April 18th, 2012 at 4:28 am

Honestly I’m not surprised. Its funny actually how people reacted here. Look, this is a SHOW. In every show, there are Political and Marketing aspect. If you take a look closer at our MUSIC (or movie) industry today, they have one common rule. “The younger the singer/artist, the more profitable they can be.” Let me give you an example, Taylor Hicks from American Idol. He’s now 36. And he’s net worth is around what… around…$2M (rough estimate). How about Justin Beiber, Rihanna, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga? These people are in their prime spot and big companies from retailer to food & etc want them.

Secondly, this is a SHOW not only by talent BUT! by NETWORK station. Come on people, the more buzz it creates, the more people will be interested about it. Thus, the more people will watch the show! RATINGS COUNT!

THIRD, You seriously think that they haven’t thought the impact of this? Of course they’ve figured it all out. From the song choices and the contestants that they think HAS the POTENTIAL, HAS the GROWTH (like what Christina said on her script. Honestly, I feel bad about the judges. I would say she didn’t follow her gut but that’s what the “higher-ups” decided.) and most of all MARKETABLE will win the SHOW. Take note I didn’t use the word “COMPETITION” because for me it is a SHOW. “LET THE BATTLE ROUND BEGINS!”

Bottom line. Just enjoy the freaking show.

10. Ceejay Says:
    April 18th, 2012 at 7:04 am

Because of Jesse’s elimination I will NOT continue to watch the show. Jesse was my favorite and pick to win the title. He was the by far the strongest contender and the saving grace of her team.

11. rheila johnson Says:
    April 18th, 2012 at 7:16 am

IM SO SHOCKED BY THIS!!Jesse is the Voice!!I feel bad for Adam. He wanted Jesse so bad. When Jesse choose Christina, you could see the disappointment in Adam’s face. I would love to here Jesse and Adam or Ceelo do a song together. I didnt watch the voice last nite but I will next week. I do like the show.

12. WOW Says:
    April 18th, 2012 at 8:06 am

WOW…..THEY NEED TO GET RID OF CHRISTINA

13. jankrista Says:
    April 18th, 2012 at 9:03 am

If only Christina’s brain is a quarter of her fake boob’s size, maybe she would have had made a better decision…
    The Voice, is as fake as the coaches.. but yeah, they’re just puppets of a profit company pretending that their opinions actually count. I’m done watching the show…

14. Mary Says:
    April 18th, 2012 at 9:21 am

I think Jesse being removed was political because he was on his way to winning the competition, he did not need “room to grow” he was there! Yes, I agree is this a mentorship program show now? I will not watch the show any longer as a result.

15. John Says:
    April 18th, 2012 at 9:25 am

I will no longer watch this show!

16. Joe Says:
    April 18th, 2012 at 9:54 am

This was age discrimination plain and simple, and considering they had told us 2 shows ago that it was now in our hands and then to pull this crap should at least constitute breach of contract with the contestants if not outright fraud.

17. marcia proch Says:
    April 18th, 2012 at 11:00 am

being judge, christina has the right to do whatever
    she wants, but lindsey over jesse? is she deaf?
    he has the VOICE and she threw it away! i do think
    he will end up with a contract and he sure has the
    fans, so he will make it, but i just don’t get the
    lindsey thing? christina seems hung up on her and
    i don’t know why? not sure i feel this show is
    credible any longer!! i’m sad, because i did like
    the ‘idea’ of the show.

18. Cheryl Says:
    April 18th, 2012 at 11:24 am

Jesse will be always be the winner in my eyes! They really did him wrong.

19. Alice Says:
    April 18th, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Not watching the show anymore, I’ve lost interest!

20. David Says:
    April 18th, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Thank you, Christina for getting it right! Jessie’s rendition of “Halo” was awful! I was also tired of his arrogance. He was not the best singer on the show. I got tired of hearing his struggle story after the 10th time he said it. Guess he was trying for the sympathy vote. If you don’t have personality use your sob story!

21. Wilddude Says:
    April 18th, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Christina did the show a service. The show is looking for the best Voice not the person who thinks they are the best. The arrogant Jessie needed to go! Thanks, Christina

22. Peggy Says:
    April 18th, 2012 at 5:50 pm

The only negative about this show is Christina.
    When she cut jesse I wanted Adam to stand up and
    say, “You could have one this year, Christina but now you won’t. You just gave the rest of us a chance to win, thanks.

23. kelly Says:
    April 18th, 2012 at 10:23 pm

I have lost ALL respect for Christina Aguilera! The show is called “The Voice” and clearly Jessie had one of the best, and in my opinion THE best Voice. Clearly he was better than at least two of her other options for a cut. WHAT is her problem? What a lack of integrity and a double standard. If he were a cute young white boy who sang like that the show would be over and he would have won…PERIOD. Christina A sucks.

24. Andre Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 8:51 pm

After watching Jesse get eliminated I lost all interest in the show. Christina has got to go!!!!!!!

25. lin Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 9:40 pm

christina must be tone deaf. I don’t know what the hell she was thinking? political, egotistical or just plain dumb. I don’t think I care to watch the show anymore. Only two other contestants worth watching and that’s sad

26. dreid Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 10:52 pm

.What a joke! Jessie gone? I was a voice major in college and Jessie’s range and control was awesome. Christina couldn’t shine Jessie’s shoes. She was afaid of him showing her up. I will NOT watch the Voice again because it’s political Not mentoring!! Go Jessie, I look forward to your upcoming cd!

27. Ammie Says:
    April 20th, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Jesse sang the hell out of that song. I will not be watching the show anymore, as Christina must be drunk or something. Jesse was the best singer on that show, hands down.

28. JoAnn Says:
    April 20th, 2012 at 4:25 pm

I will not watch the show any more since Jessie was eliminated. Enjoyed his talent very much.

29. Chris Says:
    April 20th, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Going with her ‘gut’ meant Christina’s feathers were somewhat ruffled by Jesse cause it was an insane decision that would cost so much lost support for the Voice USA hereon. (myself included)

Wishing Jesse the best in his career. As for Christina, I do wish her out of the show real soon. Pretty sure I speak for most people out here.

30. Brooke Says:
    April 21st, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Officially done with The Voice. I would not have a problem with this elimination IF it was deserved. Lindsay is not a better singer. The Katy Perry song was awful. Jesse: You should have gone with any other coach. Lesson Learned. Xtina sucks. (and I ‘was’ an Aguilara fan…)

31. Pammy Says:
    April 21st, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Wow, this show is not really about a voice, xtina is more about showcasing her voice than her teams. If someone voice is stronger than hers she eliminates them. If a Gil is prettier than her she never says anything nice about them. She is a h8r…done with the show, it’s fake. Thank god for AI and Xfactor!!!!

32. John Says:
    April 22nd, 2012 at 1:50 pm

No worries, Miss Piggy will be living in HER car soon…the Voice just lost two more viewers in us.

33. ashley t Says:
    April 23rd, 2012 at 9:00 am

What I dont get is what is the point of viewers voting, I can see if Jesse was in the bottom two and Cristina makes the decision…But he was the ABSOLUTE FAVORITE…She made a mistake, just because she may be closer with Lyndsey does not make this right..If it really is about the Voice then Jesse should still be there…if it is about who I have more fun coaching then maybe…It sucks

34. jay Says:
    April 23rd, 2012 at 3:15 pm

If you watch the performance he did with christina you will see that every time he sang he blew her away. at the end he did his run on top of hers and stared at her. She is a hater and hated he upstaged her. that performance was about her. Blake’s performance was to show off his team. christina just wanted to dress slutty and create buzz for her faltering career.

35. Renee Says:
    May 1st, 2012 at 1:38 am

I think Jay nailed it.

36. Gina Says:
    May 1st, 2012 at 1:39 am

Don’t confuse arrogance with confidence.

37. CJ Says:
    May 1st, 2012 at 10:17 pm

I’m a white orange county housewife and from the start Jessie Campbell was my #1 favorite singer. He just has that “something” that no other singer has.

I’ll keep a look out for any CDs he makes.
    He hands down has the best voice. Yes, Chris Mann has a voice as well, but Jessie has the voice I want to listen to all day long.

If you read this Jessie, you do have fans and we all hope you keep singing. Some of us want to have your voice in our lives. It’s a gift. Let the world hear you.

38. Kimberly Says:
    May 6th, 2012 at 4:25 pm

No, I am not and will not watch the show after she cut Jesse when the week prior ALL the other coaches admitted he was the front runner. It’s my belief that because he did not really NEED her coaching… she cut him.

39. Pable Says:
    May 11th, 2012 at 10:57 pm

Christina cut Jesse and gave up a guaranteed win. However, a win with Jesse would have meant nothing to Christina as it would not have reflected positively on Christina anyhow. Afterall,my 80 year old mom could “coach” and win with Jesse. Xitna is narcissistic, if praise is being showered, Xtina must have the lion share. She could not bare to be in the shadows of Jesse, not on stage, not in the winner’s limelight with the spotlight on Jesse and not her. Xtina, you lost me as a fan and this is likley true for many. The Voice is a good show, please make it a better show by leaving it.

40. Cate Says:
    August 5th, 2012 at 1:58 am

Watching The Voice US which is currently airing in Australia, I’d like to say a big boo to Christina for booting off Jesse. What a talent Jesse is! And what a bad move to eliminate your best competitor Christina!

Comments