The Biggest Loser’s Jeremy Britt Shares His Side Of The Protest Story

April 18, 2012 05:42 PM by Lisa Princ

Last night on NBC‘s The Biggest Loser, we watched the mutiny take place and Mark Cornelison as well as Buddy Shuh left the show. Earlier, Mark Cornelison shared his thoughts, and now it was Jeremy Britt’s turn. Jeremy discussed all the drama in his post-elimination interview. Read on to hear what Jeremy had to say!

Jeremy Britt was eliminated last night on The Biggest Loser, just shy of the finale, as he was beat out by Kim and his own sister, Conda. After all the drama that took place, Jeremy shared his thoughts today with reporters. What did Jeremy have to say?

About the protest and whether or not one person put the idea into the others’ heads:

“Basically we got word that the contestants were coming back for a chance to compete and it just stirred up a lot of mixed feelings about how we thought we were the final five and we thought there was one week left before the final four. We were all excited. Then we found this out and it was like a dagger to our hearts. We were all really bummed out about it. We were all thinking that it just seemed wrong with the timing of it. That was basically it. We had a choice to stick it out. They always make it a point to say that nobody can force you to stay there and that’s just basically what it was. Everybody had a decision to be made that night and some people disagreed with what was going on. I would say that everybody pretty much disagreed with what was going on, but how you chose to handle it was your decision. I mean, we made it clear when we got word and we all kind of sat down. I was just like ‘this isn’t right,’ we all sat down and had a meeting. We all thought about it and let everybody make their own decision, that is how we went through it.”

On Mark and Buddy’s decision to leave the show:

“For Mark and Buddy, or for anybody who stayed or went that night, it wasn’t like they’re walking away from what they really came there for. They’re both healthy and they’re both continuing to do well. So neither one of them walked away from that.” Jeremy also said that he, Conda and Kim were able to say goodbye to Mark and Buddy, both of him wished Jeremy well also.

On the drama that has played out all season long on the show:

“There wasn’t that much drama as was shown. There were definitely moments of drama but for the most part we all got along very well. It was easy to bond there and make tight friendships. That’s what got me through it and I was fortunate enough to have my sister there with me. That kind of helped me and helped her at the same time. I just stayed focused on me. With all of the drama going on, I just remembered that I came there to help myself. We came there together and we were there for each other and we just stayed focused on what we were there for the whole time.”

His thoughts on the clip of his meeting with the lawyer for The Biggest Loser, and whether or not he actually did read the contract (yes, someone did ask him this today!):

“I kind of felt they made me out to look dumb,” he says.”There was a lot more to that. What they choose to show is what they choose to show. I made it a point that I wasn’t there to argue contracts. Of course, NBC legal is a lot better than Jeremy Britt legal. I’m not as dumb as they tried to make me look. I did read the contract.”

On the irony that he will now be involved in the exact thing that he was protesting, and whether or not he has any regrets about staying:

“Being eliminated doesn’t change my perspective at all on the twist. In my opinion, if they wanted 3 finalists, it could have been me, Conda and Kim. Every single person who was sent home wants another chance, but that does not mean they deserve the chance…that other people did not get. Regrets…That I did not lose 13-14 pounds that week [laughing]. I made it a point to stay so I could go to my interviews and I could speak my side of what was going on.”

I am not sure I agree with Jeremy’s attitude, so let’s hope that one of the other eliminated contestants comes back and wins it all! What do you think? Comment and share your thoughts below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great The Biggest Loser news, please feel free to check out entertainment!

Photo Courtesy of NBC

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, The Biggest Loser |

8 Responses to “The Biggest Loser’s Jeremy Britt Shares His Side Of The Protest Story”

1. Cynthia Says:
    April 18th, 2012 at 7:28 pm

I think this contestants in this season are very childish they made a drama for everything and loose their main focus.

Either past contestans comeback or not they are in a game and their goal should be same to loose weight it doesn’t matter who they compete with, if past contestans comeback means you have to push harder if you want to be the biggest looser, there would be always challenges in your life,but if choose to evade them rather than comfront them it will show how much you have learn from your experience. Self discipline is the key to achieve your goal

2. Tim Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 5:50 am

the whole contestants walking off thing was crazy but if you look at it the only two contestants that actually quit were buddy and mark buddy hasnt really been in the competition in weeks with his stress fracture or whatever in his leg i think i remember him in one challenge in i dont remember when and mark has done an awesome job but really how much more weight could he of lost honestly as soon as the red line came up my guess would of been mark under it just because he couldnt lose the percentage as the rest of the players that were left in a season that has been full of drama and bull and losing ratings i would really think they would do anything to try to pull the ratings back up even if its something with even more drama

3. Peggy Says:
    April 20th, 2012 at 10:19 am

Goodness…it was a blessing that each contestant received for the opportunity of participating in a program to help them change their lives for the better. It’s a game, you should go with the rules and not be a cry baby because it didn’t go the way you planned. This program cost money to produce and they have to bring the surprises to keep it interesting for the homeviewers, not just the contestants. Biggest Loser has changed many lives, not only those who participate on the show. It encouraged me to loose 40lbs. It took 2yrs, but I did it.

4. Neil Says:
    April 20th, 2012 at 12:50 pm

You did look dumb, only because they must have photo shopped you from stupid!

5. Tina Says:
    April 21st, 2012 at 12:22 pm

The only thing is you are there to get help to lose the weight and to be trained on how to lose the weight. The money prize wouldn’t of mattered to me at all as long as I had the help to show me how to do it. Mark looked great. With Buddy and his medical but he has the knowledge to know what he has to do. I know it is a reality thing and in each and every season claws come out. But when it comes to your health no matter how much the money is my health and weight will come first. I can’t wait to see Chism I have been thinking a lot of him since he left.

6. dirty ernie Says:
    April 22nd, 2012 at 6:52 am

I think the whole scenario stinks, contract or not. Its like extending the Superbowl one more quarter so the team that lost has another chance to turn it around.
    Its a contest and contest are supposed to have winners and losers. When the losers get to keep coming back – they already brought back a couple this season, what’s in it for those who did the work, missed family time, worked like dogs. What’s in it for them?
    I do know that I will not watch the end or the show ever again. In my opinion the issue of the contract was to ensure they have people of color in the finale no matter what so people watch the show.
    All white contestants don’t sell products these days. So if there is racism involved, its the producers creating it.

7. Big Fish Says:
    April 23rd, 2012 at 2:11 pm

@dirty ernie… This show has been getting the lowest ratings since it’s inception a few years ago. It’s the first time I’ve seen it and I believe the drama is boring, the twists are what make the show interesting to us viewers.. You can’t compare a reality TV show about people inspiring the nation to lose weight and compare it to the Superbowl.. If you are going to compare the two.. Think about all the fines NFL players are getting for playing the game as it was taught over the past 20 years.. Things change.. They’re changing RIGHT NOW for the 2013 NFL season..

Basically.. If you’re like Mark and Buddy and you don’t like the way the game is being played.. GIVE UP.. It shows the nation what you’re really made of. NFL players don’t cry and go home, because they’re not bigger than the game. These guys gambled and lost. Too bad.. Poor role models..

8. Virtuous Woman Says:
    September 9th, 2012 at 8:34 am

What’s the big deal? It’s not like the producers sprung it on the contestants, THEY SIGNED A CONTRACT! If they ever really watched the show, then they would have known what to expect. This is nothing new under the sun. The contestants come on the show, get voted off, then are given a chance to lose weight at home. They are then bought back to the show to show the viewers that this can be done at home without a bunch of cameras and trainers. Sometimes you have to go it alone and this is what TBL is showing it’s viewers. Stop with all the pouting and whining and do what you agreed to do. LOSE WEIGHT!

Comments