Sheree Whitfield Quits Real Housewives of Atlanta

April 19, 2012 07:38 AM by Shayla Perry

Sheree Whitfield is leaving The Real Housewives of Atlanta. After four seasons, one pulled wig, some talk about black babies, and one very rich debate about cash flow, the single mom has decided to part ways with the Bravo franchise, explaining that she’s “tired of the fighting and the cattiness.” Keep reading for all the details.

“After four solid seasons of helping Bravo build the show into its most successful Housewives franchise, I have decided to leave,” Whitfield tells Wetpaint, shutting down rumors that she was fired from the series. “The direction the show is going in is no longer a fit for my lifestyle. I’m tired of the fighting and the cattiness.

“I want to be part of something that empowers and inspires women to not only be healthy, but to treat themselves with respect. I wish the rest of the women the best of luck.”

We’re not ones to point fingers, but wasn’t Sheree at the center of most of the “fighting and cattiness” this season?

Though it’s likely that Sheree is, in fact, just looking to live a life with a little less drama, some are beginning to speculate that her decision to leave the show may have something to do with her on-going child support battle with ex, Bob Whitfield.

Does this mean no more Lawrence?!

Tell us, are you glad to see Sheree Whitfield leaving The Real Housewives of Atlanta, or are you going to miss her on the show?

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Real Housewives of Atlanta.

For more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment visit our sister site SheKnows!

Photo Credit: Bravo

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of Atlanta |

35 Responses to “Sheree Whitfield Quits Real Housewives of Atlanta”

1. Trish Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 8:22 am

I am proud of you for departing. You are called to be a Real Women out here. Your beautiful and smart and strong, bold etc. You never did fit in. Leave the rest behind. being a single mommy myself. We learn to MOVE on! right on girl!!!

2. Phyllis Humphrey Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 8:30 am

I heard Nene got her fired. It’s ashame Black Women are fighting and hating on each other. They could have kept messy Sheree because Nene will be leaving soon mark my words.

3. Real Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 8:34 am

I am so sick of seeing black females on TV acting like Ghetto Divas (Ghetto women with money). I think she is making a great decision.

4. sally Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 8:40 am

Smart move on her part. What a lot of bad behavior. It is a comment on the culture that Nene Leakes benefits from her bad behavior and immense stupidity. Surely she doesn’t realize how she appears with all her talk about money. I know it’s nice to have money of your own at last, but she really should shut up about it. It’s just plain BAD TASTE.

5. Tell it Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 8:47 am

Please ! Sheree was fired because she had no story line and she wanted more money. I’m glad they let her go. Sheree gave me an ill feeling since the begining. Her 5 mins of fame is up, now she has to learn to humble herself because she has nothing left….

6. Tell it Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 8:52 am

Please ! Sheree was fired because she had no story line and wanted more money. I’m glad they let her go, she gave me an ill feeling since the first season. Sheree’s 5 mins of fame is up now she has to learn to humble herself because she has nothing left.

7. HASANI Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 9:00 am

What is the real tea? We heard from Wendy Williams that Sheree was fired and was begging for her job stating that she really needed the money.

8. Ms Diva Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 9:03 am

i will not miss sheree i think all of her troubles(money,men,and the list goes on)shes always pointing and talking about everyone else when she is the only one that dont really have happiness,money,a man,so really how can she talk about anyone.

9. Winston Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 9:36 am

I’m glad she’s leaving. Hip Hip Hooray! Broke, Back Stabber, and delusional. No career…or anything else for that matter. While all the other ladies seem to have things happening in their lives, she really had NOTHING going on! Hopefully Kim and Marlo will be next!

10. angel Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 9:40 am

I’ll miss the chemistry and drama she brings to the mix.

11. eleanor kirkland Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 9:40 am

BYE GLAD SHE IS GONE, GOOD RIDDANCE

12. Kevin Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 9:41 am

On the House wivies of Atlanta I think Sheree should remain on the show and that fake ass Nene Leakes should leave. I have been sick of Nene for a while now with her holyer than thow attitude.

13. Elena Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 10:59 am

too bad sheree is leaving, afterall, she didn’t do anything worthwhile on the show like WORK, or kim for that matter, but hey, to each their own! the one they should FIRE real quick is Nene Leakes, it’s women like her that give black women a bad rep! so what if she’s rich? do we really need to know that? Nene wants reassurance, that spells for I N S E C U R I T Y!!!! oh well, thanks to Nene, i have stopped watching RHOA!!!

14. Tasha Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 1:18 pm

who really cares to be honest. I mean,I liked this show alot when i9t first beganm, thinking it will bring light to empowered black women, but this show is a bunch of bullsnaps now. Seriously….

15. ShakaMama Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 1:41 pm

I use to like Sheree, but it is something very phony about her. I am glad she is gone! She says she is leaving the cattiness and drama, but that is all she stands for. Sheree leaving the show just means she will be catty and dramatic OFF-SCREEN! So please quit congratulating her because she has not changed.
    I had enough of Sheree when she DID NOT

16. ShakaMama Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 1:44 pm

I just want to know why she did not know what size shoe her son wears. On the episode where she was buying him shoes. She thought size 10, but is was a size twelve. I see why her husband does not want to deal with her.

17. Samantha Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 2:09 pm

I actually like Sheree and I wish she would continue so Nene and continue to be jealous of her. I will pray for her and wish her well with all her make believe endeavors.

18. Carol Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Are you serious Sheree??? I read almost two weeks ago that you were fired and cried uncontrollably after being told. So let’s just keep it real. You aren’t the first person to be fired and you won’t be the last. I really liked you in the beginning then you became so MESSY!! Lying and throwing people under the bus. I hope you’ve learned your lesson.

19. Denise Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 2:45 pm

I feel sorry for Sheree. She didnt keep it real. Everyone could see that she was portraying to have money. It was so obvious that she was perpetrating the lifestyle. I dont know why Sheree felt she had to be a lying troublemaker this season. She lost all credibility with the viewers. Sheree decided to stop being a lady and that was her downfall!!!!

20. PAT Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 3:45 pm

WE ALL KNOW SHE WAS FIRED IT WAS LEAKED OUT TWO WEEKS AGO.
    ITS SAD BECAUSE SHE IS THE ONE THAT APPEARS TO NEED THE JOB THE MOST, MAYBE NOW SHE WILL LEARN HOW TO BUDGET AND SAVE MOENY, BECAUSE NEXT SEASON IS NOT ALWAYS PROMISED.

21. PAT Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 3:50 pm

WE ALL KNOW SHE WAS FIRED, AND SHAME ON BRAVO FOR MAKING IT SEEM AS IF IT WAS HER DECISION, TO LEAVE THE SHOW. ACCORDING TO THE WEBSITE THAT LEAKED HER GETTING FIRED, SHE WAS CRYING AND BEGGING TO KEEP HER JOB, BECAUSE SHE NEEDS THE MONEY! AND WAS FORCED TO SIT ON THE REUNION SHOW KNOWING SHE WAS FIRED! BECAUSE SHE WAS UNDER CONTRACT.

IM SORRY SHEREE, THE MOST BORING HAD TO GO!

22. MORROWA Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Please! She is so fake and phony. Most of the drama she was a part of, especially this season. Sheree is fake and phony; Kim is poor white trash with too mush make-up and a whore to boot; NeNe thinks that she is petite and she is not (I do like her though); Marlo is too loud; Cynthia is OK but she could not whinning so much; Candy is a NASTY FREAK who keeps up too must drama and pretends like she doesn’t know what she just said (TROUBLE MAKER); Phadrea pretends to be a southern belle and is a fake and phony freak TOO. Atlanta DumbAsses is what the show should be called.

23. Jeremy Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 6:19 pm

At the end of this season…. I no longer have any respect for 2 people! I never really liked Sheree. I thought she was quite boring, high maintenance, and fake! I think she’s leaving because obviously she doesn’t want America to see next season that Chateaux Sheree is still NEVERLAND! She may also see from play backs that she really back stabbed everyone and kept a lot of the drama going. Which brings me to NeNe, the text book definition of fake! The first couple of seasons, she was probably my favorite because she was outgoing! Now, she makes me sick! Any person that can hold a grudge like her, and never admit when she is wrong has a cold, dark soul! Funny how Sheree made her break down and cry with words, but she is such a bully when dealing with Kim! And where did Marlo come from?!? I thought this was Housewives not, Housewhores!

24. Sharon Says:
    April 19th, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Sheree leaving is the best news…she’s is so phony and two faced!!! that and the fact that everything she brags about is in her imagination!! she should steer clear of acting and fashion design…maybe politics yeah she would fit in nicely!!

25. Dawn Says:
    April 20th, 2012 at 6:07 am

If she is really leaving for the reasons stated, (“I want to be part of something that empowers and inspires women to not only be healthy, but to treat themselves with respect”), then I am happy that she made this decision because this show is way to ghetto. HOWEVER, I doubt that is the reason for her departure. Much like the others (with the exception of Kandi, I would think)this show was all she had. Why leave it and it’s guaranteed income? Doesn’t sound quite right to me. I looked at this show the first season and it seemed a lot more real then. Now it’s just a lot of bull. I have not watched since season 1. I have seen clips through the years and as a black woman it embarrasses me how these women act. Thank you ladies for perpetuating the stereo types that are already out there about us. If that was the goal of this show, then they have accomplished their goal.

26. Regina Says:
    April 20th, 2012 at 4:55 pm

I’m sorry to see Sheree leave. NeNe and Cynthia should of been first. Where does ghetto Nene think that she will be some star in hollywood. First off she is not attractive and has the nerve to talk about Sheree’s body. PLEASE Nene your FAT AND OUT OF SHAPE!!! Your teeth look like Chiclets that were glued to your gums. You talked about Kim with Big Poppa and you do the same with that guy who is stupid for giving you gifts. Girl you better watch out he could be the person you wished you never took a gift from and used for your own personal gain. I respect Kim more than any housewife on the show because she has come so far. Her family and husband come first. You can’t knock her for that. And Cynthia you are dumb as rocks! I’m so sick and tired of you fishing for compliments of how pretty you are. You have a big giant head. Seriously you were a model a hundred years ago. Girlfriend it is time to let the model image go. Your husband is a total loser and disrespects you so much. Your weak and only try to act like you got some balls when you think big fat bully Nene will come to your aid. This show has gone down. It’s time for this show to go off the air. Enough already. I won’t watch another season. When you have to go out and get people like the slut Marlo wow you’re getting desperate. Just like Basketball wives enough already. We’ve seen enough of the fighting, and making women look bad. I’m tired of Evelyn thinking she’s Black and every season she has a new enemy. Hey, I guess she screwed enough black men so she thinks some of that sperm got into her DNA and made her black. I see no entertainment in Phaedra and people being put to rest. Some things are not meant for entertainment. Does Bravo have any idea how many people they have hurt with this mortician stuff. Please take this show off the air! Kandy, you need to get laid or seek professional help. Your daughter must get teased something terrible at school. Shame on you!

27. RHOA NOT A FAN! Says:
    April 22nd, 2012 at 10:42 am

This show needs to go. The only real talented person is Kandy and the show is ghetto and stupid. Nene is a fat bully, Marlo is a He-She escort, Sheree is fake, Cindy is a follower, Kim is a gold digger, and anyone else I skipped are insignificant. Peter is a lower, Apollo is hot, Kroy is genuine, and they need to do a mans show, and how hard it is to deal wiht all these drama beeoches. UGH!

28. Amelia Says:
    April 22nd, 2012 at 8:33 pm

I love the show but a hoe must go … By honey wish u the best .. The rest of the ladies keep doing what fills your pockets with cash… At the end of the day us normal people don’t matter they still rich b$tches!!!!

29. lisa Says:
    April 24th, 2012 at 6:25 am

I honestly believe her time has come to leave. She was becoming a boring character. Her clothing line should have been called She-Gone as well as her house-gone too. She was not a friend and anyone could see she was a sneak out to throw, even her own friends, under the bus.

30. lollie Says:
    April 24th, 2012 at 8:29 am

Thank God she is gone, the only thing she should be doing is cleaning toilets…. She has no money, no class, no looks… Ghetto trash – her and Nene, Marlo and Cynthia….. I’m done with this show. They try so hard to be classy. Big Fat Joke – they are all losers..

31. KonaBona Says:
    April 24th, 2012 at 11:06 am

Now they’ll bring in Marlo as her replacement :). Im done with this show.

32. Tonya Says:
    April 24th, 2012 at 6:53 pm

I loved Sheree she had so much class. For real all of them are low on cash cause they would not keep submitting themselves to such foolishness! Marlo is a a bum and Nee Née is a bit too much this season. Enough already

33. MamaDonna Says:
    April 30th, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Sheree was the trouble maker on the show. I believe the clips they showed on the reunion proved that. She has been the one who stirred the pot for some time now. She is jealous because she hasn’t made money like the others.
    She needs to get a job.

34. Lady Red Says:
    May 27th, 2012 at 9:33 pm

I agree with so many of the people on here. Sheree has been trouble from the get! So jealous of Kim who has a man and someone who was given her gifts. She wished she had that .She was always quick to put down everyone else by saying they were nothings but she is the nothing an is a very bad example for women of the world!! Thank goodness she is gone!!

35. Ms. Sweetness Says:
    September 8th, 2012 at 3:35 pm

She couldn’t even pay Phedra her attorney fees, lol and that house that she was having built, was never built. And you could tell her daughter’s boyfriend didn’t even like her, smh but is Lawerance leaving the show also?

Comments