April 21, 2012 08:00 AM by Shayla Perry
Fans of America’s Next Top Model may have been surprised by the news of Nigel Barker‘s firing from the CW reality show, but for the “noted fashion photographer” (man, are we gonna miss hearing that!), “it wasn’t a shock.” So how does he feel about his departure from the series, and what does he have planned next? All the details after the jump.
There’s no bad blood between Tyra Banks and Nigel Barker after his firing from ANTM.
“It wasn’t a shock. I’m friends with Tyra and the producers,” Barker tells E! News. “There had been a discussion that ratings were down and that something like this would happen.
“There had been previous years where discussions about me being eliminated from the show had happened and I had actually survived the chopping block before.”
After a 17 cycle stint, Barker and judges Jay Manuel and J. Alexander were both let go from the show, but according to Nigel, ANTM kept him from getting involved with other business ventures.
“We had an incredible run and there aren’t any hard feelings,” he adds. “This isn’t a Tyra thing. This is a network thing. My contract was so exclusive that it was holding me back from other projects.”
Now that he’s free, Nigel says that he’s got a few projects already lined up, like a cosmetic line and a skin care line for men. And yes, he still plans on returning to TV in the near future.
“I’m looking very much forward to creating my own show that focuses on some of my passions like photography,” says Barker. “We’re looking at producing and directing a number of projects. There are several scripts we’re looking at right now.”
For more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment visit our sister site SheKnows.com!
Photo Credit: The CW