The Biggest Loser Recap: The Fight For The Last Spot In The Finale

April 24, 2012 05:57 PM by Lisa Princ

Last week on NBC‘s The Biggest Loser, we watched as Mark Cornelison and Buddy Shuh left the show, and Jeremy Britt was eliminated. Tonight, all of the eliminated players come back for one final shot at the finale, but who took it? Read on for all the highlights.

The Biggest Loser was back tonight after Jeremy’s elimination last week, and in an ironic twist, Jeremy would now be participating in the very challenge that he was protesting last week. It began with the usual Conda moan and groan fest, because of course she felt that Jeremy should be there and no one else. If she wins, I think The Biggest Loser is going to lose a lot of viewers. When the remaining contestants returned, I was wowed by some of them, including Mike, who went home in week three – you could immediately tell that he was in it to win it.

So how would the final spot be won? Well, it turned out to be a multiple part challenge. For the first part, it was a good ole weigh-in, with the top eight percentages moving on. The eight who moved on were: Jeremy (ugh), Emily, Cassandra (another ugh), Chris, Megan, Kimmy, Lauren (who also looked fabulous), and no surprise – Mike, who lost a whopping 114 pounds at home! Adrian came close, as did Ben, who lost 99 pounds almost all at home (he went home the very first week).

Quickly, it turned back to the Jeremy whine episode, as Jeremy gave the “whoa is me” story to Conda, the only person who gives a rat’s butt about it. Dolvett also noticed Jeremy’s attitude and decided to have a chat with him. Sorry Jeremy, but none of us at home feel sorry for you – maybe if you spent less time on Conda all season long, and more on yourself, you would not be fighting for a spot right now.

The second part of the challenge was a 100 yard dash, which Chris could not compete in as she was not cleared by her doctor, so she was sent home – too bad, she was one worth rooting for. Kimmy and Emily could not keep up during the run and were eliminated next. The remaining five then had to tackle a calorie puzzle for the three remaining spots in the last challenge. Mark amazed me as he nailed it and won the first spot right away. Jeremy struggled, but he managed to get it together and earn the second spot, followed by Lauren, who earned the third spot.

Thank goodness Cassandra, who never shuts up was sent packing – could you imagine her in the finale? For the last challenge, the final three would have stand on a totem pole and hold a huge “finale ticket” until they could not hold on any longer. The last man or woman standing would win the finale spot. After two hours, they had to remove one hand, and stand on only one foot – definitely, the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. Lauren crashed first, and the guys were still hanging on.

Would it be Jeremy or Mike moving on to the finale? Mike held on as long as possible, but finally could take more and let go. That meant that Jeremy Britt was back in it as the final contestant in the finale – what a complete waste of an episode and an entire season, in my opinion.

What do you think? Comment and share your thoughts below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great The Biggest Loser news, please feel free to check out entertainment!

Photo Courtesy of NBC

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, The Biggest Loser |

13 Responses to “The Biggest Loser Recap: The Fight For The Last Spot In The Finale”

1. Resi Says:
    April 24th, 2012 at 6:49 pm

OH YUCK! Jermey back in…. lets hope Kimmy takes the prize! I refuse to watch next season if Jermey or Conda win…..

2. JoLynn Judka Says:
    April 24th, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Just finished watching The Biggest Loser. How disgusting is it that the vile Conda and her equally nasty brother made it to the final 3!
    Aside from Daphne and Adrian who never actually had a chance and were treated horribly when they returned to the ranch, this season’s Biggest Loser “contestants” are the most repulsive, abhorrent, appalling, cruel, detestable, disagreeable, heinous, loathsome, mean, nasty, obnoxious, offensive creatures to ever to be on the show! None of them deserve to win anything! I don’t know if I even want to watch the finale next week! Producers, take note, if there is another season of Biggest Loser, please choose wisely!

3. Helen Says:
    April 24th, 2012 at 7:17 pm

I hated this season. I can’t stand Conda and
    her dorky ugly brother Jeremy. The way that
    idiot flirted with the ladies. Like he had
    a chance.
    I didn’t watch tonight and don’t plan on watching
    the remaining season. I’ll just read about it.
    I do hope that Kim kicks the siblings off and
    wins it all.

4. Patsy Says:
    April 24th, 2012 at 7:31 pm

I agree. What a waste of TV time. I’m sick of Conda and Jeremy.

5. Mardi Says:
    April 24th, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Missed tonight’s episode… no loss, by the sound of things. This year has probably been my last as, just like the above author, am not impressed with any of the finalists. The Conda/Jeremy Team is disgusting.

6. Cindy Says:
    April 24th, 2012 at 10:00 pm

MOAN, GROAN, BARFF!!!! Let’s hope that at least of the three we will NOT have to endure one of the Britt brats winning it all. Can you imagine the whine fest we will have to endure no matter who wins. Almost makes me sick to my stomach. Why oh why couldn’t Mike have held on a little longer. Would have loved to have seen him win it all!

7. woodsprite Says:
    April 24th, 2012 at 10:13 pm

i agree that this season has been a waste of good tv time. this team of contestants couldn’t inspire a thimble of “i really care for you and what you stand for” it is sad. it was just last season that was very inspiring and these people just dont measure up. i hope the producers lose whatever idiot formula they used to pick these people this year. sad sad sad it is on probation for me whether it hits my dvr next season.

8. Kristina Says:
    April 24th, 2012 at 10:27 pm

I believe Kim should win biggest loser.I really wanted Mark or Buddy to win until they quit:( Conda complains too much and we all know that Jeremy will give Conda his money if he wins. Conda has been rude to many people this season, and i also believe Biggest Loser will lose a lot of viewers if Conda wins.Tonight’s episode was a big waste of time and money.They should of let someone else be in the finale!

9. Lindsey Says:
    April 25th, 2012 at 1:10 am

I could not stand Conda or Jeremy this entire season…it will be a great shame if either of them wins the money

10. Curt Says:
    April 25th, 2012 at 9:56 am

JoLynn said it best. This season had made Heba and Vicki look like Saints. I have NEVER fastforwarded through the DRAMA in all the seasons I have watched like I did this season. The producers will lose EVERYTHING if they even think of using these whiners. I think the producers should cancel the finale and award NONE of them anything! I don’t plan on watching the finale. So Sad.

11. Draz Says:
    April 26th, 2012 at 7:13 am

Hi there! Any idea how I can find out where or how to get the one shoulder ruffle dress Kim was wearing when she went back home on this episode? I love it!

12. cruz Says:
    April 26th, 2012 at 11:59 am

The biggest waste of time was rooting for daphne,roy,chris,lauren, gail or mike, and jeremy comes back atleast it snubs buddy and mark.

13. Darlene Says:
    April 26th, 2012 at 8:43 pm

I am soooo glad that I am not the only one who feels this group of contestants are the worst.

Comments