Celebrity Apprentice Recap: Chi Campaign

May 06, 2012 09:05 PM by Veronica Dudo

And then there were five. On tonight’s episode of Celebrity Apprentice, the remaining five celebrities must create ad campaigns for hair care products. The reality TV competition airing on NBC is coming to a close and Donald Trump will soon be hiring the 2012 Celebrity Apprentice. But, first two celebrity contestants are fired! Keep reading to find out who will be leaving the contest.

All of the contestants are working to raise money and awareness for their charities. Each celebrity contestant on season 12 is fighting to be hired as The Celebrity Apprentice. The last one standing will have the honor of delivering a $250,000 bonus check to their charity. The remaining five business-savvy celebrity contestants are Aubrey O’Day, Arsenio Hall, Clay Aiken, Lisa Lampanelli and Teresa Giudice.

The contestants’ challenge this week is to create an ad campaign for a Chi Touch hairdryer that will appear in Elle magazine. Both teams will be judged on brand messaging, the ad campaign itself and the overall pitch.

It’s truly a battle of the broads tonight when Teresa decides to be the Project Manager for Team Unanimous and Lisa Lampanelli steps up to the plate for Team Forte.

Team Forte is made up of Lisa and Clay while Team Unanimous has Teresa, Aubrey and Arsenio. First, both teams must negotiate which teams will get each model. Lisa and Teresa meet face to face to duke it out. Unfortunately, in the beginning Teresa gushes out the models she wants and right away Lisa realizes exactly who Teresa’s team wants and decides to manipulate her. Arsenio surmises the situation by commenting, “It seemed like Lisa was running mad game.”

Clay is listening at the door and cracking up since they never cared what models they ended up with from the beginning! Teresa gets the redheaded model she wants but not the male models. When Teresa realizes what went down she is livid! But, she controls her anger and doesn’t flip any tables.

Team Forte decides to show “regular” people in their ad highlighted with informational text about the product.

Right out of the gate, Aubrey takes control of the ad campaign by chatting it up with the Chi executive and talking about connecting meditation with the product. At the photo shoot Team Unanimous chooses to send home the redheaded model they fought so hard for and replace her with Aubrey! The model isn’t happy and tells Teresa she should have told her before it was time for the actual shoot. Team Unanimous uses the models holding the hairdryer in peaceful poses but opt not to offer any information about the product.

Later, Donald Trump enters the boardroom and starts it off by asking Teresa, “Did Lisa play you for a fool?” To which Teresa says no. Donald continues with the hot button issues by then asking, “Did she outsmart you?” Again Teresa says no. Lisa responds saying, “To me it was amusement.”

Donald announces that the executives liked Lisa’s campaign better so she receives $100,000 for her charity.

Back in the boardroom, Team Unanimous is facing elimination. When asked by Donald who should be fired Teresa says Arsenio should be fired. He responds back by saying he is a photographer and actually was the one who shot some of the photos. Teresa says she doesn’t know what he’s talking about because there was a team of photographers. The conversation continues to escalate and Arsenio says, “Don’t throw me under the bus because I’ll back it up and hit you with it!”

Arsenio says Teresa is in over her head and Donald asks her if she is. She says she is not. Donald says Teresa led the team to a fail and messed up her presentation so he fires Teresa!

While the final four are celebrating they get a phone call that Mr. Trump would like to see them back in the boardroom. The drama continues! He tells the final four they will be interviewing with the 2011 Celebrity Apprentice, John Rich and runner-up Marlee Matlin. The interviews are grueling even making Aubrey teary-eyed! John and Marlee question Aubrey’s sincerity. Next up is Clay who John and Marlee question whether he is a leader or a follower. Arsenio meets with the returning apprentices to talk about his time on the show. Marlee calls him out on his blow-up with Aubery when he called her some choice words. Lastly, Lisa meets with John and Marlee and one of the most talked about issues on the show this season comes up. Marlee asks Lisa if her behavior in the competition is that of the “Celebrity Apprentice.”

Back in the boardroom Donald announces that John and Marlee had both negative and positive things to say about the final four. Donald says the returning apprentices think Lisa isn’t in control of her emotions and Donald agrees so he fires Lisa!

Did you watch tonight’s episode? What do you think about Lisa’s firing and do you think the remaining contestants deserve to be in the final three? Leave a comment below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Apprentice Links.

Photo Credit: NBC

Topics: Celebrity Apprentice, NBC Reality TV Shows |

19 Responses to “Celebrity Apprentice Recap: Chi Campaign”

1. kacy Says:
    May 6th, 2012 at 10:18 pm

So Lisa got fired over Teresa, sort of a surprise… but the criticism was exactly what I called it too — lack of self control. Glad at least that she won before getting fired, LOL.

2. lon Says:
    May 7th, 2012 at 12:15 am

I could never stand that bitch and wish she would have never been on the show.people like her hurts the shows pazazz

3. Kathy Says:
    May 7th, 2012 at 6:24 am

Lisa is the most viciously awful person I’ve ever seen on TV. Aubrey follows a close second.Is she for real? An advocate against bullying? Really? More of a role model for bullies!

4. buddy potter Says:
    May 7th, 2012 at 11:33 am

happy to see lampy gp, hope clay is next

5. tom Says:
    May 7th, 2012 at 11:46 am

Lisa is a BITCH should have been gone a long time ago.

6. Rose Says:
    May 7th, 2012 at 11:46 am

So Theresa was fired.

Then Donald said two more but only Lisa went?

She should have. Vulgar and unprofessional.

7. stewie Says:
    May 7th, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Lisa finally got fired but I wasn’t happy to see that we have to wait until next week to see which of the remaining three gets fired. As long as it isn’t Clay…

8. Sue Says:
    May 7th, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Lisa was so potty mouth, she should go, BUT, she was the best player. Aubrey is so stuck on herself I hope someone else wins. I can not stand her whinny self glorification. That leave Arsenio and Clay. Clay should win. He isn’t perfect, but he showed restraint at the right time. I want to see Clay or Arsenio win.

9. gail Says:
    May 7th, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Lisa is a truly horrible person— unreal. She seemed to be a good match for Donald Trump though. I don’t think Trump looks for what most consider ‘good qualities’. I believe he likes aggression and manipulation so I’m shocked Lisa didn’t actually win. I’ve never seen anyone so absolutely nasty and out of control; she’d be hell to work with.

10. Mello Says:
    May 7th, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Glad Lisa is gone – Hate Aubrey but i have a feeling it will be Arsenio against her for the finale….Go Arsenio!!

11. sioux Says:
    May 7th, 2012 at 2:01 pm

I think the firing was in the correct order and hope beyond hope that IBrayAllDay goes next. Have never in my life met a more self-absorbed person. And I believe she’s a big liar, as well. I think the final two will be Arsenio and Clay and I hope Clay wins. He’s been the most consistent and smartest player since the first task.

12. Georgia Says:
    May 7th, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Aubrey is worse than any of those people and she lies all the time. Donald should have fired her a long time ago. She is only out for herself and no one else.
    At least Lisa tells it like it is.

13. Jade Sullivan Says:
    May 7th, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Teresa being fired should have happened before now. Lisa has a foul mouth and could never be a true leader. Aubrey still doesn’t realize there is no “i” in the word team.She play on her seductive appearance too much. My 2 picks who will be up for the selection is Arsenio and Clay. Although I feel Clay doesn’t have the backbone to lead.

14. anthony marinelli Says:
    May 7th, 2012 at 3:43 pm

I enjoyed watching these celebrity apprentice shows. For years i was not able to watch these programs but i find them informative in what needs to be presented to make a producted good to bring to market,the elements involved in presentation,the tv show as entertainment,and what is tells us both in terms of microcosm and macrocosm about the divergent facets of the american economy…and it is entertaining just the colors absorb me

15. Lupe Alfaro Says:
    May 7th, 2012 at 3:50 pm

I hope Aubrey wont be in the final two. She is the worst I wish I could have gone in my TV and told her off.

16. alianna Says:
    May 7th, 2012 at 3:52 pm

About time Lisa got fired! She’s rude, unprofessional, a baby, and no control of her emotions. Teresa IS out of her league, and Aubrey rides on coat-tails and doesn’t have good input. I like Arsenio and Clay, they’re both team players. Both are creative too. I’d Love to be on Apprentice myself. Good Luck Arsenio and Clay!

17. Marta Says:
    May 7th, 2012 at 10:21 pm

I understand what makes good reality TV. I quit watching Celebrity Apprentice several weeks ago when I got fed up with Lisa’ behavior. The Donald has finally fired her but it took him way too long and I doubt I will watch it anymore. She is at best a mediocre comedian that is jealous and disrespectful of others. She needs anger management classes. He should have fired Aubrey a long time ago, taking credit for ideas that weren’t her own and the ideas she suggested caused her teams to lose.

18. Kyle Says:
    May 8th, 2012 at 7:15 am

Go Arsenio! Be The Apprentice! Fire Aubrey and Lisa is a wise choice. I dont wanna see them both in the Finally!

19. click Says:
    May 13th, 2012 at 1:13 pm

There’s certainly a great deal to learn about this issue. I like all of the points you have made.

Comments