‘Basketball Wives’ or Schoolyard Bullies? Has The Show Gone Too Far?

May 15, 2012 07:00 AM by Shayla Perry

In case you’re a little confused about what you saw on VH1 last night, no, that wasn’t a documentary on bullying amongst grown women, it was actually an episode of Basketball Wives. Since it began, we’ve been used to the drama and the occasional fighting between the cast members, but after everything that went down between Tami Roman and Keisha Nichols, and the whole “dead fish prank,” we’re starting to wonder: Has the show finally gone too far?

Throwing wine bottles at people, jumping across tables, and stealing purses?! Is this Basketball Wives or a flashback of a really bad high school experience?!

After last night’s episode, we’re having a little trouble telling the difference.

While the show remains a guilty pleasure for many of us, the ladies’ (and we’re using that term loosely these days) antics are getting a little out of hand. Okay, a LOT out of hand.

What happened to Shaunie O’Neal wanting to show more of the positive things that the women do for charities? Now it seems that she’s more involved in all of the pettiness than she was before!

Is it time for Shaunie and company to just put an end to the madness and get rid of the show altogether — you know, for the greater good? Or do you think they should look for some different ‘Wives to come back next season with more drama minus the bullying? Sound off in the Comments section below.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality Television and then come and discuss the show on our Reality TV message boards.

Photo courtesy of VH1

Topics: Basketball Wives, VH1 Reality TV Shows |

80 Responses to “‘Basketball Wives’ or Schoolyard Bullies? Has The Show Gone Too Far?”

1. Shundra Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 7:29 am

Cancel the show.

2. Deborah Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 7:30 am

I am so disappointed in Basketball wives this season. Really, the ladies are like bullies and idiots. Shaunie, i’m so surprised in your behavior and how you go along with everything the 2 bullies on the show does. From Evelyn jumping over tables, throwing bottles just because she doesn’t like someone, to Tammy bullying everyone she comes in contact with. I think these girls need to go. This show has become a big joke, just another show about black women acting like fools. I don’t blame Jennifer from distancing herself from you idiots. Shaunie O’Neil don’t sell your soul for ratings and money, is this something you really want your name attached too? You have let this become the Evelyn & Tammy Show. You hear about bullying all the time, how people are taking their lives because of it and you let this sort of thing happen when you have the ability to do something about it or stop it. Letting these grown women hide dead fish in another persons room acting like immature fools instead of sophisticated women they pretend to be. You guys wanna call Jennifer names, but thank God someone has sense enough to see you guys are childish. This was my number 1 show, but i have been totally turned off this season.

3. liz Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 7:30 am

I was mortified watching that last night. I could not believe the other women were letting Tami be that way to that young woman. She was out of hand and just being sad for someone that is supposed to be over 40 and having some money. She takes pleasure in making people scared. Has there been one season where she did not suggest that someone was “gonna get der ass popped?” Honestly, if she is on the show next season, I am not watching.
    Evelyn is not that much better. What ever happened to being adult about things?

4. CatholicCitizen Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 7:32 am

I have to say I was pretty disgusted with how Tami was acting. No wonder black women have a rep as being angry and ghetto. The one thing that pissed me off is she has the nerve to tell Keisha to ask her for her property that is rightfully hers. What kind of bs is that and then she sees a therapist to try to be a better person and not want to be angry anymore. Tami, what you did to Keisha last night was exactly the definition of bullying and teasing. First you say she doesn’t look like a “Keisha” but a “Lisa”…what does a “Keisha” or a “Lisa” look like? Seriously?! And the fact that Keisha was teased when she was younger cause she is a product of a mixed race is not her fault. WOW! Kids these days are committing suicide for being gay and their nationality and you feel she owes you an apology because she didn’t come to you and express how she felt, what a good way to start on resolving your anger issues. I feel sorry for your daughters that they have you as a mother cause telling by your behavior on the show, you are not a role model for anyone except Satan. Grow up, act your age and not your shoe size.

5. Lois Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 7:36 am

Tami went way over crossing the line. She has a justification for every mean thing that she does. She’s living in Evelyn’s shadow without the perks. Tami needs to quit drinking and embarrassing herself and her daughters. I hope that the mild heart attack was a wake up call for her.

6. Teezwa Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 7:45 am

I must say, I lost respect for Tami and Shaunie while watching the Tahiti episode. I recall Tami’s days on the Real World. She was the under dog, and I always rooted for me. In basketball wives she has become a menace to the program. What I watched last night was disrespectful to herself, not to mention lying, and immaturity. ‘Bad move Tami ~ you showed your a**, and should leave the show. I join the protest boycott until Tami leaves.

7. Terri Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 7:53 am

The show that aired last night5/14/2012, was the straw that broke the camel’s back for me!!! It’s time out for the foolishness. We have stood back for decades and watched someone else bully a more weaker person than themselves and not say a WORD!! It’s time out!! I will not be watching the show any longer…. That’s enough for me…This mess carries through that person and even to their children if they survive suicide because some don’t.. Shaunie, what message do you want to send??? Because you are missing the mark sweetie..

8. OG Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 8:00 am

I am so disgusted in these Bitoches. To let that drunk sit up there and bully that girl and no one said a thing. Shaunie I am supprise your kids don’t get harrassed in shcool behind your show.
    Sorry excuse for women and Evelyn nobody cares about your tears they were BS. You guys are some silly women to be so old. Your all disgusting and when the Puppet Master Shaunie get threw using you stupid asses she is going to kick you to the curb. Pimp on Shaunie.Your no better then gang bangers

9. JussPchy12 Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 8:03 am

I am appalled at the way Tami was allowed to treat Keisha!! Better yet, the way she and “Dummy Ochochonno…or whatever her name will be” are allowed to act!! Shaunie should be ashamed of herself…REAL TALK!! And that DAMNED “biting at the ass SUZIE”…UGGGGGHHHHHH I CAN’T STAND THAT BLEEP!!! She’s the freakin’ reason all of this is taking place and it makes me MAD AS HELL that NO ONE is addressing that??!! If she had kept her GODDAMN MOUTH SHUT then Tami would not have had any reason to say SHIZNIK to Keisha!! That freakin’ SUZIE is a FREAKIN’ SNAKE and she’s NO ONE’S FRIEND…cuz if she were she would’ve freaking kept her mouth shut!!! I CAN’T STAND YOU SUZIE!!!!

10. OG Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 8:03 am

I say get rid of all of them except Jennifer she is a lady.

11. Ida Green Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 8:05 am

The show is gone too far. Shaunie sit back and watch Tammie act like a big 12 year old with these women, Keshia, Jennifer, Royce and are the only ones that act like women on the show. Tammie needs to be removed, she is always bring drama when there needs to be none. Suzie is two-faced. Who comes after someone for hear-say crap, like she dont talk about them girls behind their back. Tammie is trying to keep the real out by always creating drama. She is a jerlous biatch. She has the worse body shape on the show, and than she don’t realize how bad her clothes look on her when she “try” to fit in. VH1 knows Tammie is not good for the show, but she does it to stay on the show. They need to bring in someone that will stand up to her azz. Shaunie and Everlyn are steps away from get whats coming to them, she never trys to stop the craziness, she want them to fight, (only to hear her hollower their name)like she did’nt know it was gonna happen. Just stop the mess before it goes there, oh I forgot that they have the minds of 13 year old w/kids at that. VH1 don’t give a crap that they make themselves look like fools.

12. Sara Pabon Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 8:39 am

I cannot believe that this program is allowed. To see grown 40 something yr. old women bullying women half their size has left me cold and shocked. And for VH1 to promote such garbage for young girls to see and use to justify the trend is unbelievable. I was going thru the channels yesterday and came across this episode which was like watching a reenactment of Americas Most Wanted. I can’t believe this is allowed; what is going to happen to our youth when these acts by women are being shown as entertainment… Sad, very sad to see how far TV executives go to grab audiences, which are probably teens who take from the show and do to other teens and up-load onto U-tube. I hope this show is cancelled and the women who were bullied by Tammy and Evelyn file charges against them.

13. A. Wood Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 8:44 am

The behavior displayed on last night’s episode reflects a very negative image on the women of this show. Come on are we adults here or middle school girls? Tami Roman needs alcohol abuse counseling along with the anger management therapy because she always requires her liquid courage prior to bullying or fighting. People will always gossip about you, so get over it do words really hurt you that much? GROW UP! Now I understand why their basketball husbands/men have left them. If she did you wrong then tell her that and don’t associate with her anymore it’s as simple as that. Shame on Shaunie for stooping so low for ratings and money. I will no longer be watching this show it’s too much negativity.

14. KD Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 9:37 am

Basketball Wivies is a DISGRACE. Grown ass women acting like damn fools. Shaunie O’Neal should be SUED!!! I only started to watch the program because I did not believe what I was hearing about this show. The show should be pulled forever.

15. Lovebug Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 10:01 am

The devil got into Tami. Tami is going to get mad at that small thing?

16. gayleen ward Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 10:03 am

i was mortified at last nights show with tammi’s behaviour, i love the show, however, that was an awful display of bullying so much so i turned it off, tammi needs serious help, i could not believe the others just sat there and said nothing…pathetic..keisha was terrified and apparently so were the others, so filming with her…is it worth it…i think it did nothing for your ratings…

17. theresa Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 10:06 am

Yes it has turned into Bullying and that is absolutely awful…

18. deedee Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 10:06 am

I TRULY FEEL THAT THIS SHOW CAN GO VERY FAR; BUT W/O THE BULLING IT’S CHILDISH AND WHAT HAPPEN TO BEENING OPIONATED W/O BULLING PEOPLE IT DOESN’T MAKE SINCE. SHAUNIE STATED THAT SHE WANTED TO BRING THE SHOW OUT BECAUSE SHE WANTED TO SHOW UNITY, CLASSY LADIES W/DIFFENT SITUATIONS PULLING TOGETHER AND MAKING THINGS BETTER FOR THEM AS FRIENDS OR NOT. SPEACIAL FOUNDATIONS,INDEPENDENCE,LOVE,FORGIVENESS,WORKING THROUGH PROBLEMS NOT CREATING THEM ESPECIALLY W/BULLING PEOPLE. FIRST OF ALL IT’S NOT CLASSY AND DAMM SHOW LADY LIKE. DON’T GET ME WRONG I LIKE SHAUNIE BUT I FEEL IT’S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY AND IF SO!! WERE IS HER DIGNITY “COME ON”. LET THE BULLIES OFF THE SHOW AND REPLACE THEM W/THE LADIES WE ALL WERE WAITING TO SEE ON THE SHOW. THERE ARE YOUNG WOMEN AND GIRLS WHO WATCHES THE SHOW AND THINKS THAT THIS IS OK AND IT’S NOT PLEASE STOP OR RECAST THE SHOW. IM HOPING FOR THE BEST AND BEST LUCK TO THE CAST.

19. Deborah Miller Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 10:10 am

This show just needs to go away. Shaunie is just as much to blame as Tammi and Evelyn. She does nothing to stop the mess and evens encourages it. These women have no class, no self respect and will do anything including making a fool of themselves for money.

20. Dianne Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 10:31 am

This show is going way too far! We currently have a movement in this country about bullying and for this show to glorify Tammi’s antics is rediculis and the other ladies are cowards for allowing their friend to treat another human being like that. No one owes Tammi anything! Why must the other Ladies have to discuss anything with her. They don’t need her approval! They have freedom of speech just like she has!!! And Shaunie, shame on you, this is your show and for you to allow antics like this is appalling. Bullying is so ramped in this country and dangerous for lots of people. Young girls watch this show and will think it’s alright to do the same because they think it makes them look cool. “SHAME ON YOU”

21. Pat Perkins Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 10:35 am

Tami Roman is a BULLY! get rid of her.

22. Hy Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 10:54 am

I glad to see I am not alone in my feelings towarsds this season of basketball wives. Tami is a big bully and just plain nasty. Who gives her the right to do as she please and everyone must do as she says. Evenlyn tears has nothingto do with whats that chick name but she dealing with her own issuing sameslike every show she is crying or fighting!

23. susan Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 10:54 am

Tami, Eveyln and susie are nothing but Mean girls, grow up and now Shaunie needs to not get sucked in with the pack, To the rest of the girls, run chicks like this, will always and forever just be plain mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. minnie foster Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 11:15 am

I think what Tami did was bullying she referred to Keisha as childish and not mature when she was the one acting childish and stupid does she watch any of the show footage and see herself talking about the other children and what about the dead fish that they call a prank. What happened to grown mature women hanging out and having fun? Why not try doing something good and kind how hard can it be? Tami wants and excuse for acting a fool she says she has anger problems why not go join the army then she fight all she wants. But oh I forgot she’s a coward and a bully

25. maygem Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 12:04 pm

I would like to give Tammi the benefit of the doubt and say it’s for TV. But you couldn’t pay me to act a fool like that and I knew my daughter would be watching it. It is sad. But what is sadder is that there are grown women that actually act like that. They curse and threaten and stalk and generally act total fools, but they can’t see it because they surround themselves with people that go along with it instead of calling them on their foolishness.

26. abby Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 12:05 pm

It’s obvious Tami is hurting inside. As we all know, hurt people hurt people. I think she has a borderline personality disorder, along with low self-image, etc. She tries very hard to make her hair look like Kesha’s hair and/or what we call long good hair. She’s jealous of Kesha. She has to look down on someone and decided to look down on Kenya. She needs to take a break and get some good therapy. Healing on the inside would work wonders for her. She’s a bully and we know that bullies have low self esteem. The other ladies watched and condoned her nasty, immature behavior. She demanded respect, why? She doesn’t even respect herself. On the other hand, Kesha needs to grow some big … and stand up for herself. Speaking of the other ladies, the fish in Kenya’s room. Wow! How childish. It’s not even funny, it’s sick. What charities do they raise money for?

27. catherine Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 12:32 pm

All I have to say if these are the good basketball wives I would like to see the bad ones. When did the law pass that you couldn’t make a comment about someone?

28. tonyc Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 1:13 pm

done watching this mess. Tam i is too pretty to act unlady like, Shame on her and Shaunie for allow such display of uglyness and ghetto behavior.

29. Melinda Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 1:24 pm

I’m not a fan of this show but last night I hope it goes off the air … that was the epidemy of bullying when Keisha went to get her purse and Tami pulled it back all I seen was a wicked woman..and what kind of prank is that to put rotten dead fish in a beautiful resort room ??? I would ban them from the island it’s too beautiful for that trash.

30. justsayin Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 1:25 pm

On the real,Tammi has some insecurity issues that manifests through her bullying. She may still have issues with he ex-husband leaving her for a white woman that’s why she so stuck on this whole color issue. Well, whatever the case may be she looks a hot mess and what a great example she is setting for her kids! Idk what she’s in therapy for because she not trying to get better! She needs to lay off that alchohol because it brings out spirits that are more mean than her normal self! Everyone else is afraid to put her in her place. I’m dissapointed in this show!

31. Nai Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Tammi ,

As a woman with daughters I along with your ancestors are appalled at your evil behavior. Textbook displaced anger you need to get yo life for real! How can you beat down on a siesta like that! I don’t give a damn what that girl said and I am sure when you see the tape back you will fill like the baboon you were you are ugly inside and you need to change! I have never written in about a show but I could not , not speak up! Man don’t sell your soul , find yourself quick!! Because you look real losses right now! Boo!

Ps: y’all other chicks are busts too cause you could have stopped it but y’all scared of the junk yard dog that tammi has become! I dedicate niki Mina’s stupid hoe to yall

32. jacquelyn davis Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Tammi needs to go, what she did to Keysha is so not lady like,go back to the hood.

33. Diane Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Tami needs more than anger management therapy. She told therapist lies. She has multiple personality disorders. The present Tahiti women needed to step up in the beginning and after rather than cogalling Tami. Susie should recognize not to repeat knowing especially it would cause problems. Much less go Kesia as friend and then act like a traitor again. She did not deserve Kesia’s kindness later. Kesia did the right thing.

34. Zari Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 3:44 pm

OMG – Tami and Evelyn this season have been nothing but paid bullies. I know this is reality TV but they have children don’t they? If anyone was to publicly humiliate thier children would this be so funny. I have lost all respect for all of these grwon women acting like teenagers. Who died and made them the ultimate friends.
    I can’t believe they have renewed this for another season. Shaunee, why? Why are you promoting this Bullying. NAs Sussie you are so full of ….you stir the pot. I give up. This use to have a good story line. But I have girls that are bullied and I be …If I’m going to support this on TV. GOOD bye BBW

35. rita Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Tami runs her mouth so much, it seems like she wants to run two now. Hers and Keisha’s. Her actions were only to see how far she could push Keisha before she would try to fight. I don’t blame Keisha, Tami’s upper arms are bigger than Keisha’s waist. The other women should have done something to put a stop to her bullying. I think that Tami,Eve,and Shaunie are jealous of the younger women.

36. Nancy Gale Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Tami is a fat ugly bully. I feel sorry for her daughters. I bet she was an abusive mother. She has no class. The show needs to go.

37. Lindaj Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 4:01 pm

I WAS TOTALLY PISSED WATCHING THE WAY TAMI DISRESPECTED HERSELF LAST NIGHT! IGNORANT, STRAIGHT IGNORANT THAT WHAT SHE IS! IF TAMI CANNOT CONTROL HERSELF SOBER OR NOT THEN SHE TRULY NEEDS TO GO SIT IN A HOLE SOMEWHERE. KESHA SHOWED CLASS WALKING AWAY FROM YOUR AMAZON BEHIND
    SUZIE- SHUT UP, YOU ARE A BACKBITING TROUBLE MAKER!
    EVELYN- JEN AND MOVE ON!
    SHAUNIE- SHAME ON YOU FOR SITTING BACK AND WATCHING THESE LADIES HURT EACH OTHER FOR THE ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR!

38. robin Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I am so displeased with the way the show is headed! Tami,Susie and Eveyln should be replaced with women that have substance and character !I am shocked that Shaunie would allow the disrespect that has happened in the past 4 episodes ! SHOCKED !! And none are married to basketball players -so they need to change the name of the show to ” EVIL BLACK WOMEN GONE WILD “! Because any woman of color would NOT go where they went last night. I will no longer watch this show nor support it !

39. Lisa Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Hmmm…Tami reminds me of some girls I went to high school with! Bully isnt the word for it. Why didnt Shaunie, Evelyn and Susie intervene? Were they afraid of getting their asses kicked? And here we teach our kids not to bully others…Shame on these women! How old is Tami anyways?

40. Silvia & Wendy Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 5:02 pm

I would be speechless if this wasn’t so horrible. Tami is so out of line that I’m afraid for her. She sincerely needs meds and deep, serious counseling. I can only imagine how she has been as a mother to her daughters and the emotional and verbal abuse they must have gone through growing up. I’m in disbelief that Evelyn cried at what she witnessed but didn’t lift a finger or say one word to stop it. Afterwards there she was rifling through the girls purse and helping go through her phone. Susie is the puppet and is spineless twit, playing all sides against each other. The only reason she is tolerated is because she is easy to use. Doesn’t she remember when Evelyn, the other bully, was after her? Shaunie, the pimp of the show, is using all of these women to line her pockets and I am positive that she and the rest of them will say whatever they can to try and justify why they all sat there and did nothing. I hope Tami does the exact same thing to them. I’m embarrassed for all of these women for different reasons and unfortunately they are perpetuating the misconceptions that black women in particular have to endure. It’s very sad.

41. d.hard Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 6:30 pm

The show went from bad to worse. The behavior that Tami displayed on 5/14/12 episode was horrible! What was just as bad, no one said a word but sat there and watch as Keisha got abused. Yes, i agree the show has gone to far & therefore, i can no longer support it.

42. Mark A. Thompson Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 7:01 pm

I was a fan of Basketball wives until I saw the episode of Keisha and Tami in Tahiti. I am terribly terribly terribly disappointed with the bullish behavior of Tami. I will never watch this show ever again and strongly urge other to do the same. Bullying is a behavior children in school is committing suicide over and these woman (40 years +), whom happens to be mother’s of children are sadly advocating this disturbing behavior. I am a 46 year old black man with a beautiful 42 year old black wife and the difference is night and day. I see girls when I see them compared to the woman I see when I look at my wife. If I was Tami’s man the minute she would have walked through the doors of our home I would have suggested therapy because she has a serious behavior problem and someday she will either hurt someone or someone will seriously hurt her. After she viewed that episode she should have felt disrespect for herself and her daughters. She has no, no, no right to intimidate anyone in such a manner. If I could give Keisha advice I would tell her to get a lawyer and file a law suite against Tammy and Shaunie. Tami is self explanatory but Shuanie allowed this behavior to take place on her show which clearly went far and beyond entertainment.

This was not entertainment it was purely an episode of bullying the helpless. So sad. I am truly filled with anger after seeing Keisha as a helpless little school girl who has to face bully’s every day while attempting to get an education.

Mr. Mark Anthony Thompson

43. Kim Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Tami, Evelyn, Suzie, and Shaunie are ALL BULLIES IN MY EYES…Suzie is oh so three (yes I said three) faced. She will stab people in the back ever so quickly, its a shame. And YES TAMIE, you stole her purse when you took it. She did not give it to you. And the dead fish in the room scene was over the top. I AM DONE WITH THIS SHOW…RUN LADIES OF COLOR, STOP WATCHING IT. THIS SHOW MAKES US LOOK BAD.

44. Deena Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 8:25 pm

First I take my hat off to Keisha for walking away. Second I say Shaunie, stope selling your soul to the devil for the almighty dollar.

Evelyn, you r a true disgrace to women. PERIOD. Stop going to therapy until u r truly ready for help. You r stuck in your angry past Nd set out to hurt all that you encounter.

Evelyn, in the end you will see that you should not have turned your back on Jen. Ochocinco has already let you know that he will see other women and wants to bring them into yogurt bedroom. You will see one day that you lost a good friend in Jen.

45. Por Dios Mio Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Sus maryosef. Grabe gid na mga puta na biga-on!!!
    Tami, its no wonder why you did use FOOD STAMPs just to eat. No sympathy why your ex left you. You are the evil incarnate: Bully, Liar, cheat and how ghetto was that, going thru Kesha’s purse and phone? Did you reallly think you demanded respect by displaying what black women are? SHAME and your girls should pound you for your vile behaviors.
    Evelyn, you encourage this simply becoz you are a fake, stupid, lowclass person. You will fail!!
    Shaunie, continue to be greedy and spineless!! YOU could have stopped all those stupid ass antics your co Ex-wives were pulling. You were reduced to the sideline as a mousey enabler. What a crack of s*#t!!
    Suzie, your overbite and your lisp are your issues. You run your orbitz-dirty squacking mouth to earn points from everybody. You are the standard example of a groupie who never developed a vertebrae and the judas of them all. May you be smacked hard but perhaps, too late for you to learn some sense.
    To the 3 women, Jen, Kesha and Kenya, who tries to elevate themselves above the stereotype of uneducated black women who uses bullying as a means to ‘demand’ respect?, good for you for standing your grounds. Kesha, it took alot of class and maturity to walk away from the situation you were setup. That was what courage was really about. Your mother raised you well!!!
    To the management of VH1, CANCEL this SHOW. This is Wurst/Werst than what worst is all about. Thank you.

46. Jenny Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 9:13 pm

I felt so angry watching the show last night. I have been team Tami since her days on The Real World but after last night I’m done with her and the rest of those fools. Tami and Evelyn are bullies and Susiie trashy ass is soooooo stupid. The show is proof that having money doesn’t means doesn’t stop you from being TRASH!!!

47. tarin Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 9:30 pm

ONE WORD: DISGUSTING!!!!

48. Marie Messick Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 12:20 am

Tammy is a bully. It is sad to see another grown woman bullying another woman. Why should Kesha have to say I’m sorry to get her purse from Tammy that Tammy Took. Kesha did the right thing by reporting her purse stolen. It was stolen Tammy took it and refused to give it back until Kesha said she was sorry. Wendy Williams is so true we not too watch thich show Basketballs Wives. Kids are being bulled everyday now we have grown A$$ adults doing the samething. I think Had Kesha put her fear aside and stood up to her. Kesha would have no problem out of Tammy. Tammy would have rather put on GASOLINE UNDER WEARS AND WALKED IN FIRE THAN MESSED WITH KESHA. TAMMY JUST PUNCKED HER BECAUSE SHE COULD. I’M Finished with this show and I hope othersare too. Stop supporting crime on crime aganist a woman. Had average Joe acted out like this we would be in Jail.

49. Dee Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 12:46 am

I have taught school for over thirty years and I have given my total life to help students deal with people like the Basketball wives. Some students von’t even come to school because of people like these horrid women! This show should be banned from being broad cast as entertainment .,How would these same woman feel if their daughters were bullied and tormented in this way. What is the law doing about this show? Our students are watching and taking notes and we wonder why our kids are killing each other daily!!!

50. Dawn Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 2:57 am

I have watched my last episode of Basketball Wives. I am so dissapointed with the direction this show has taken. These grown 40+ women (yes Evelyn we know you over 40) bullying and acting so ridiculously childish on TV for the sake of celebrity and the allmighty dollar is disheartening. If it’s not Evelyn targeting a cast memeber then it’s Tami. this is not entertainment it’s ghetto foolishness and I’m done. Shaunie, worst is that you sit there silent and is shameful EPIC FAIL!!!!

51. Kellie Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 4:37 am

And by the way, what grown,self respecting women do you know that put dead fish in someone eleses room???? That is childish and another form of bullying!!! What is Shaunie teaching her daughter??? This is no way to act!!! Period!! That show SHOULD BE CANCELLED!!! It has no value and casts black women in a negative light.

52. TBABY Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 6:11 am

Please cancel this disgraceful mess!! Where do you sign the petition to get them off the air!! I’d rather watch the non talented Kardashians and what ever they are famous for and I still haven’t figured that out!!

53. Peggy Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 9:34 am

I agree with all that is said. This show has no intrinsic value. It uplifts noone, nor does it promote a sense of solidarity between women. I feel sorry for suzie. She is a coward who takes the pressure off herself by serving someone else up on a platter. Tami is a pathetic pathological fool. Keisha showed bravery by walking away.What the bully ttami doesnot understand is that not screaming in other’s face makes you strong. you have shown your weakness.Wasn’t it interesting that upon discovering that Keisha spoke to security, she toned down her voice. She is afraid of authority. What a hoot. she can yell and scream but is afraid of the PO’ Po. TYPICAL

54. CHW Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 9:51 am

I thought it was totally disguisting and went to far. I think to teach GROWN Tammi a lesson Keisha should have pressed charges against Tammi so that maybe being locked up in another Country would have taught her a hard lesson. I wonder what type of lesson Tammi thinks her behavior send to her children, what a mess. I beleive Shaunie needs to be a leader and not a follower. If the sponsors pull out and the show gets cancelled thank Tammi and Evelyn. Then they can all sit back and watch a real basketball wife do her thing , like LaLa !

55. sheba Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 10:54 am

That was the most degrading episode I ever watched. Evelyn, Shaunie, Susan, Tammy shame on you as adults. Who gives you All the right to treat a another woman like that. I wish it was me you did that to Tammy, you would have gotten a real fight you deserved. Grow up, all of you.

56. Lynn Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 11:15 am

I am very upset in this SHOW. I think they all need to go back to school “School of Charm” they all need to learn how to one resepect themselves. I applaud Kesha for walking away from the “STUPID childish” ways of Tammi. Why do you think that these shows think that it always has to be drama in order to get rating. Why can’t you ladies get together sometime and talk about the Goodness of Jesus Christ. Someone is going to get hurt REALLY bad if the producers does not do something. I am a former anger manaagement person and Tami if you are going to anger management you should fire that person. I think you should cancel the show all the ladies need to get a life spend some time with family and get a life.

57. nic Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 12:38 pm

I work for Hilton, and after what i just saw, those girls will be lucky to ever get a hotel at a hilton property again. Thats the Hilton Bora Bora. O.o How disrecpectful to the hotel… you know their asses did not clean up that stuff and the smell in there. WOW.

58. Rita Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 12:59 pm

So sad to see Black women (or any women for that matter) present themselves in such a negative light. Anyone can throw a fit (or a shoe or a wine bottle) and scream and fight — but that doesn’t make you a woman. A real woman knows when it time to walk away from a Ghetto Swear Storm rather than jump into it (kudos for Keisha for being the only respectable adult).

From Jennifer’s airy bourgie-ness to Tami and Evelyn’s high school bully antics, enough is enough. This is not the way real women should carry themselves. Their penchant for labels was already sending the wrong message to young girls — but when you throw in the “mean girl” sport, that’s a wrap.

CANCEL THE SHOW.

59. jennifer Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 1:46 pm

After watching last nights episode of Basketball Wives I was saddened to see a show shamelessly promoting what our society is working so hard to educate and eliminate. The bullying, aggressive behavior, lying and outright anger that Tami displayed was not only shocking but hard to watch or understand. Even more disappointing was watching the other women sit around and do nothing or try justifying what had happened. We often discuss how in relationships men and women need to learn to communicate with non-aggressive, non-attacking words but also that any form of violence is unacceptable. What we now see is a show displaying and supporting that this behavior is not only okay but is also normal. Add the stereo type that Black people are an angry race and you help perpetuate even more negativity. The show may counter with “don’t watch” or “change the channel” if you don’t like it but as one of many viewers we can take our power back and say “Enough”. What good can come from a show like this? My vote is for canceling the show.

60. Jennifer Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 2:04 pm

After watching last nights episode of Basketball Wives I was saddened to see a
    show shamelessly promoting what our society is working so hard to educate and
    displayed was not only shocking but hard to watch or understand. Even more
    disappointing was watching the other women sit around and do nothing or try
    justifying what had happened. We often discuss how in relationships men and
    women need to learn to communicate with non-aggressive, non-attacking words but
    also that any form of violence is unacceptable. What we now see is a show
    displaying and supporting that this behavior is not only okay but is also
    normal. Add the stereo type that Black people are an angry race and you help
    perpetuate even more negativity. The show may counter with “don’t watch” or
    our power back and say “Enough”. What
    good can come from a show like this? My vote is for canceling the show.

61. DEE Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 4:38 pm

WHERE DO YOU SIGN THE PETITION TO CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH…..AND I HAVE HAD IT AFTER THIS WEEKS SHOW….

CANCEL, CANCEL, CANCEL

62. Beverley Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Last night I watched the show and I was so embarrassed to be a black woman. Considering the national outcry about bullying, I could not believe Tammy’s behavior. She is nothing more than a bully. Tammy has daughters, is that the example she wants to set for them and the many young girl who may be watching the show. I was mortified that Shaunie, Evelyn and the dim-wit Suzie sat there and allowed Tammy to bully Keisha like that without intervening or after Keisha left, not letting Tammy know that her behavior was absolutely unacceptable. My partner is the one who watches the show and when he is watching I am forced to watch by default. Before I could even get the words out of my mouth to shout at the TV about Tammy’s behavior, he was already ranting and raving about Tammy’s behavior. I am so shocked that Shaunie would be associated with such degrading behavior. Is this the image of black women that Shaunie wants to perpetuate? Look at how our First Lady conducts herself with poise and grace and on the other hand there is Shaunie airing such inappropriate behavior to the world. I am so disappointed that I know I would not let myself be forced to watch the show ever again. I wish they would cancel the show it is such a disgrace to not only women but to the entire Black race.

63. Maryann Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 5:08 pm

As this season progress & Evelyn bullied Jen (continually going after someone that has made it clear they have never gotten into a fist fight) & then Kenya; I mentioned to a few ppl that I hoped this would not be the essence of this show because if it became the Bully of the Day show I would no longer watch. Sad enough, it is truly the Bully of the Day show. Some of my show favorites are just so disappointing and I refuse to watch if Evelyn or Tami stays on. I am surprised that the Tami situation cause such uproar and yet Evelyns many situations never seemed to cause a stir considering it involved a wine bottle being thrown and jumping over tables for an argument that had nothing to do with her. Royce, Keisha & Jen it is okay to defend yourself without embarrassing yourselves ….. bravo to you three. I would happily support your presence on the show, but can not do so if bully 1 & 2 are there.

64. Shame on u! Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Shame on u shaunie! I can’t believe not one of the girls that were there took up for Keisha and told tami that she is an animal…have watched this show since the first episode and I promise you will NEVER watch again…Evelyn is also an animal…shame on all of you…It will end up biting every one of you in the butt that you all looked like…Keisha is a lady and kudos to her! Again shame on you…I am disgusted that any of you call yourselves anything to do with being a wife! You are all weak and bully’s in my opinion and he that nobody else will subject themselves to being on this show…I hate it now and just cancelled on my recordings…

65. Cathy Rodriguez Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Tami. U need help!!! U are a bully. Pick on someone your own size. I don’t like you! U need ur ass smack. Du…b ass.

66. Velma Says:
    May 17th, 2012 at 8:34 am

Let the show be gone. It serves no worthwhile purpose.

67. Chelle Says:
    May 17th, 2012 at 1:12 pm

I think the show should be cancelled because after Tuesday’s night, they are really out of control and it almost made me cry watching it. I think Tammi and Evelyn both need a lot of therapy. These are grown women with children who are acting like adolescents. I blame Shaunie as well because they just sit there and let all of this happen and do nothing to stop it. I am tired of people using alcohol as an excuse as to why they are acting like a fool. All these women (I mean that term loosely) because no self-respecting female will want to act like that anywhere. We need to teach our kids how to resolve conflict without physical and verbal aggression and this is why so many of our kids are violent because we adults are teaching them this is the way to handle problems.

68. Chelle Says:
    May 17th, 2012 at 1:22 pm

I am very disappointed with this show and I had tears in my eyes will watching it to see how this young lady was being bullied by Tammi. Tammi was being very immature by taking her purse then wearing her glasses and her and Evelyn going through her phone. If I was Keisha, I would have called the police and let her ass went to jail because maybe that would have been her wake-up call. Tammi and Evelyn both are bullies and they only bully those that they feel are inferior to them. It is ashamed that the only way to make money is by acting a fool. I do appauld Keisha for just walking away as well as Jennifer because there are other ways to resolve conflict without becoming aggressive. Tammi has some real deep root issues that she needs to begin to address and stop projecting her anger from her past onto others. This is her defense mechanism and her therapist need to do a better job but then again if Tammi doesn’t want to change then no form of therapy will help. Shaunie is another person that I am disappointed in because she always acting like she has nothing to do with it but with fish prank, come on are we in high school because that was so childish and immature. What example are they setting for their children and I really hope they don’t allow their kids to watch this show. This is one of the main reasons why are youths are so violent and aggressive because we as adults (some of us) don’t know how to resolve conflict without aggression so how are we going to show our kids how to do it.

69. Jessica N Says:
    May 17th, 2012 at 4:07 pm

The Challenge

To begin, I was cleary disgusted regarding the bullying episode I witnessed. As an educator, I daily teach 6 years old the harmful and harshful lifelong effects on bullying. To only ponder, how an overgrown woman would mistreat and bully someone her 4 times smaller than herself baffles me! In addition, isn’t it ironic, how the media has NEVER seen Tami bully someone her own massive size…(Food for thought) Tami, you should be embarrassed and ashamed of yourself, of your childish behavior! You are a mother right?!? Wow, what a way to create and inviting relationship with your daughters and laying the appropriate foundation of being a great role model. I CHALLENGE.. All educators, who teach children of all age ranges; ALL christians who walk together daily in faith, ALL parents who teach their children the “Golden Rule” treat others how you would want to be treated., and most importantly to the remaining viewers to STOP watching this show, it has lead to a form of ADULT bullying that has truly spiraled out of control. If the producers and executive directors can’t stop this…let us stand together and stop giving this Bullying basketball wives show ratings. THIS IS MY CHALLENGE TO YOU….LET IT BEGIN!
    Sincerly,
    The Challenger

70. baward Says:
    May 17th, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Shaunie, guns were invented for ppl like Tami and Evelyn. No one has the right to put their hand on anyone. And Evelyn, why should Keisha apologize for something she never said. Suzie, you little coward, no-talking PERSON, can’t get it right. This show is out of control. There is certainly no Sisterhood. This is just a hot ass mess. Take this crap off the air.

71. Elizabeth Says:
    May 19th, 2012 at 12:25 am

Tami…your behavior was shameful. Shaunie…you too for not standing up for someone that needed protection of their heart. THAT’S RIGHT! You neglected another human being that was getting beat on.

All of you need to watch the show and put yourself into the position of a loving mother that is watching their child go thru what Keisha did.
    NOW…how would you like that to have been one of yours? Think about it then apologize for your error of judgement and make sure that NONE of you EVER allow that behavior to happen EVER AGAIN in your lifetime. You disgraced your family name and all of you would be in BIG trouble with me no matter what your age. WRONG IS WRONG.

72. Remove Tami Says:
    May 19th, 2012 at 12:46 am

CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL THE SHOW!!! Tami is one of the worse people I have ever seen on TV. VH1 needs to remove her from the show. Either way I won’t be watching…I’m done. They have gone too far and I’ve lost respect for Shaunie. I used to think she was classy but she has allowed an intimidating bully to bully her and anyone she wants on the show. Shaunie is scared of Tami. Evelyn is afraid of Tami. The producers are probably afraid of Tami. Keesha had EVERY RIGHT to call the police. Tami needs serious help. This is way beyond anger management. She needs medication and some one needs to tell her that most alcoholics stay AWAY from alcohol. If VHI is promoting bullying for ratings then count me out.

73. lisa Says:
    May 19th, 2012 at 11:10 pm

go to change.org to sign petitions to cancel this cancerous television show. call , write or show up to viacoms’s office and tell them that the respect of black women is not for sale (no matter what shaunie oneal might think)

74. Louise Says:
    May 20th, 2012 at 9:31 am

It seems to me that everyone is trying to feel sorry for Kesha, but looks like no one remembers how Kesha went to Tami friends and talked about her behind her back and they came back and told! Well, if there is so much pity for Kesha why did the so caleed friends of Kesha go back and tell Tami? They know Tami and they told Tami anyway!!! I know Tami is an angry woman, all the more reason not to talk about her, she tried to be Kesha friend when she first got there! If Tami leaves to show I’m out!!! Why all of a sudden is everyone on Kesha side and she is STILL on tv talking about Tami? Now she’s afraid and crying like a little bitch and everyone is talking against Tami!!!! Shaunie is another one who is 2 faced in this case!!! I hope Kesha leaves, she has nothing going on anyway, if Tami leaves Kesha needs to go with her because without Tami she’s nothing!!!

75. ANN Says:
    May 20th, 2012 at 10:49 am

Tami and Evelyn are bullies.Who made them gods that no one can say anything about them. People have freedom of speech. But no one have the right to put their hands on anyone. IF I was on the show and anyone of those women put their hands on me I would have them arrested so I would not go to jail because I would shoot anyone for put their hands on me.

76. Melinda Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Tami is a bully and she is less than a women.

77. Dee Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 2:59 am

These women are not Black women; especially the crazy ones–Eve, Tami, Suzy and the Govans. Jen, Kenya, Royce, and Keisha have shown class. Include Shaunie with the crazies.

78. Susan Says:
    May 25th, 2012 at 7:28 am

Which one is actually a “basketball wife”? You need to rename this show to “Trashy Low Class Females Who Need Anger Management Counseling”.

79. Miss Sweet T Says:
    May 28th, 2012 at 8:51 am

“The greater good”??? Seriously, what good(s) can come from this show? Epic Fail!- Cancel it!!

80. Renee Says:
    May 29th, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Shaunie as part producer of this show had lead this show into a disaster with following along with this immature grown ass women into coherting them with bullying these women like Jen, Keisha, Kenya,and Royce. Royce never did anything to Shaunie and she’s always taking side with the one’s that started everything instead of being neutral. She’s suppose to mind her business like the beginning of the show and not get involve with dumb shit in her Season 5 of her show. These girls need to go and so should the show. This show doesn’t represent black mature women in a positive way. I’m so disappointed with the ladies on the show with how they have been acting with the others that I won’t be looking forward to watching season 6. Tammy is an old ghetto bitch that need to go and never come back and so should that snitching ass Suzie who doesn’t have a life but to take back gossip to the bullies so things can keep rolling. Everyone that has come on the show have to be accepted into that group but how can you become accepted when they won’t let you with having Tammy the big bull dog and Evelyn who thinks she hood trying to bully Kenya with throwing bottles over Shaunie head and Shaunie laughting about the incident. They all need to grow up because they have children and instead of being role models they are acting more like kids themselves with hidding fish around someone room isn’t nice at all. Get rid of this show it’s a bad reputation for good black women these days.

Comments