Ghost Hunters Recap: Grant Wilson Says Goodbye

May 16, 2012 07:36 PM by Ryan Haidet

That’s it.  It’s over.  No more “What the frig?!?!” from Grant Wilson.  After eight seasons with the TAPS team on Ghost Hunters, co-founder Grant Wilson has wrapped up his final investigation on the SyFy spookfest.  It all was leading up to tonight’s episode after Grant made the shocking announcement during the February 15 episode that he was leaving the show for personal reasons.  Those personal reasons were never discussed on the show, which instantly sparked loads of speculation as to his real motivation for quitting the reality hit — the most popular rumor is that Grant has been having marital issues since his wedding ring was absent at the time he made the announcement.  And no, Grant wasn’t wearing his wedding ring during tonight’s farewell either.  What happened during his final investigation?  How did Grant say goodbye?  Read on to find out and to see his final words on the show!

“I never thought we would see this day when Grant wouldn’t be investigating with us,” Steve said at the opening of the episode.  “It’s gonna be weird at the end of the night when we’re packing up and it’s just done,” Amy added.  For his final investigation with the TAPS team, Grant chose the Spalding Inn, a place he and co-investigator Jason Hawes own in Whitefield, New Hampshire.  The building, which has a haunted history stretching back 80 years, was the perfect place for Grant to make his departure from the show.

“I just like to think back to when we had big, huge VHS cameras,” Grant said as he reminisced during the investigation with Jason.  “It’s crazy how fast the time goes by…” his words were cut short when they spotted something down the hallway.  As they walked toward it, they saw one of the doors closing by itself.  As they entered the nearest room, both guys thought they saw an impression in the bed.  Creepy.  Earlier in the investigation both guys experienced a strange moment when Jason was using a key to open room 17.  But something on the other side kept forcing the deadbolt in the other direction.

I thought the episode would focus primarily on Grant and Jason investigating together, but that wasn’t the case.  We didn’t see too much of the duo together since a bulk of the episode — more than usual — featured the other TAPS members and loads of flashbacks to a prior investigation at that location by Ghost Hunters International.

“It’s been just incredible.  It really has,” Jason said as they wrapped up their investigation for the night.  “I would go to the end of the moon with you, bro.”

After the entire team joined together to review all of their evidence and discuss their personal experiences from the investigation, Grant signed off for the final time.  “Thank you guys,” he said.  “I think it’s a bittersweet moment right now.  I’m excited for my future and where it’s going.  I’m excited for your futures and where you’re going.  But I’m gonna miss it.  But it’s all right.  I’m not dead.  I’m not dying (laughs).  It’s a good team.  It’s a good team.  I think you’ll do fine without me.  I really do.  So, let’s get some hugs or something.  Come on!”  He walked around and embraced everybody without anybody shedding tears.  “I’m excited to sit back on the couch and watch what you guys do (laughs).  See all the stuff you guys catch.”

Jason then weighed in on Grant’s departure.  “This being Grant’s last case with Ghost Hunters, I think it was definitely a great case to leave on.  We’ll miss Grant.  We’ll miss him out here.  But we wish him the best in everything he does.”  As the paranormal pals drove away for the last time on the show, they didn’t have their famous “on to the next” fist bump.  Instead, they shared a fist bump of “good luck.”

New episodes of Ghost Hunters — without Grant — air this September.

What do you think of Grant’s final episode?  Are you sad Grant is leaving the show?  Will you watch the new episodes with Grant gone?  Do you think his farewell was well done?  Sound off and leave a comment below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great reality television news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot.

Photo courtesy of SyFy.

Topics: Ghost Hunters, Ghost Hunters International, SCI-FI Reality TV Shows |

19 Responses to “Ghost Hunters Recap: Grant Wilson Says Goodbye”

1. sundi2u Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Brilliant promo for the inn they co-own. Obvious that’s where Grant will be working it out with or without the fam. Funny how there were SO many interactions in this LAST investigation…
    Wow, who wouldnt want to book a night in one of the MOST haunted inns and possibly interact with the GHI od? Fantastic publicity stunt.
    I wish them all the luck and prosperity. =)

2. Janet Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Why did Grant Wilson leave the show? He was great. I wish him luck in whatever he decides to do. He will be missed greatly. Is Grant coming back to the show in the future?

3. judy curtis Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Regarding Grants departure from Ghost Hunters – no I will not be watching in the future. I’m geting sort of bored with this thing of these people establishing a personaltiy presence then bailing. Bye bye Grant have fun in your selfish little life….

4. Novena1 Says:
    May 17th, 2012 at 8:52 am

I’m with you sundi2u. That show was nothing but a one-hour advertisement for the inn that they own. I’ve watched a number of Ghost Hunter’s shows and I do not recall any other place they’ve visited that lit their equipment up like their “haunted” hotel. As far as I’m concerned…any credibility they had, any entertainment value the show had is absolutely worthless. I won’t waste the time! They’re a bunch of has beens anyway. The show really sucks anymore and if they’re relying on Britt (what a piece of work..did you see his acting job last night) well, that’s just the sign of things to come…

Sorry guys…I loved you at one time, but now you’re just a bunch greedy schmucks.

5. Rhodium entail Says:
    May 17th, 2012 at 10:24 am

I thought it was anticlimatic. Maybe they didnt want to cry but even having a party or something…Glad they had a good showing of spirits but I was hoping for more for his last showing. I’m sure business will pick up at the Inn as im sure it has for all of the other places they’ve investigated. I wish Grant luck in his endeavors (whatever that may be) though I’ll miss his perspective. The team will continue and Jason is still with them and I’ll continue to watch and I hope for a good first show in September. maybe they should set up permanent cameras to catch it all at the Inn.

6. Judy Says:
    May 18th, 2012 at 6:39 am

I’ve enjoyed both Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International and have watched them both regularly for years now. Hopefully, the show has made people look at the paranormal differently and Grant has always investigated with professionalism and respect for those on the other side. I also had paranormal experiences as a child, which is why I started watching in the first place. The TAPS team appear to be as close as family and I’m sure they will miss Grant. I believe the tears were genuine. I shed a few tears myself. I will miss Grant being on the show and I will continue watching. I wish Grant the very best in whatever endeavors he pursues.

7. fritopie Says:
    May 18th, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Well,I’ll be sorry to see Grant go.I have nothing against any of the people on the program, but i do think they could have picked a better location for Grant’s send off than their own inn.
    They could have gone back to the Armoury when Frank the Cameraman got nailed, or a lot of other places.I really don’t think the Spalding is that haunted anyhow.If they wanted a haunted hotel to check out.They should have investigated the Menger in downtown San Antonio.It’s next to the Alamo,and been in business since the 1840s or 50s.
    The first ghost that has been reported there is Sallie White,a maid who was murdered by her husband in the 1870s or 80s.There are news paper accounts of his trial.Teddy Roosevelt and other famous people haunt there,as well as ordinary folks.Don’t know how business is at the Spalding, but it’s sad they used the show,Grant’s last to promote the inn.

8. kaylee Says:
    May 21st, 2012 at 5:07 pm

i love this show and i have watched it seans i was 5 and i whant to say goodbye to you Grant and you will be missed i am in to this kind of stuf and i will miss seeing you and i wish you luke in the futcher it will not be the seam with out you Grant you wear my faveret one if thar was a sond and the others wud not go check it ouy you wud you are my faveret and i and sad you are leaving it is sort of like i am loseing my hero and i wish you the best good luke what ever you will be dowing

9. KAY BROWN Says:
    August 16th, 2012 at 11:23 am

I AM SORRY TO SEE GRANT GO ! NOW THAT GRANT HAS LEFT GHOST HUNTERS , IT WON’T BE THE SAME. I ONLY WATCHED BECAUSE OF BRIAN HARNOIS AND GRANT WILSON ! NOW THAT THEY ARE NO LONGER THERE , I WILL NOT WATCH BECAUSE TO ME, THEY WERE HE ONES THAT MADE THE SHOW ! THEY WERE BOTH SO HONEST AND DOWN TO EARTH AND REALLY SEEM TO BE INTERESTED IN WHAT THEY WERE DOING. DON’T CARE FOR STEVE AS HE SEEMED MORE INTERESTED IN GETTING BRIAN’S JOB THAN ANYTHING ELSE AND GRANT TRIED TO BE FAIR AND KEEP EVERYONE GROUNDED ! I THINK JASON AND STEVE HAVE AN EGO PROBLEM AND THEY NEVER FIND ANYTHING ! TO ME , IT’S JUST A WASTE OF TIME ! NO I WON’T WATCH IN SEPT. GOOD LUCK GRANT, BRIAN, DONNA, AND ANDY, I REALLY HAVE MISSED YOU ALL !!!

10. Steven D Addison Says:
    August 26th, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Grant,
    You were a fixture in our living room every Wendsay night, excuse my typing. My Wife and I do not watch much TV. Ghost Hunters, Destination Truth, The Mentalist and Criminal Minds and Blue Bloods. six hours a night of pure unadulterated pleasure. You will be missed, your constant inquisitiveness, your pleasant attitude, and that wonderful enthusiasm. I hope you work through your issues and return to the show. Forever a fan.
    Steven Addison

11. Annmarie Says:
    September 5th, 2012 at 6:17 pm

I will miss you grant. I will still watch the show,I love it too much. Hope you come back in the future. Wish you the best and I hope it all works out. Wont be the same though. Kaylee learn to spell.

12. Betty Ferguson Says:
    September 11th, 2012 at 5:31 pm

It’s not one made the show or the other guy made the show, that is crap! It took the whole team each one brought something to the show! And sad to say the Grant wont be there this season but the show is as wonderful any way!! They all do what it takes to make it work!! They all care and I think thats what makes the show what it is! U are all wonderful and can’t wait to see what they have instore for us; the way they debunk and not just say it’s a ghost!! Great job great show and great people! I enjoy it to the fullest!! I hope Grant can do what he has “to and some day would grace us agin with either comming back or maybe a speical visit!!?” Keep up the good work and thank u all for some good tv!!! It is what it is! And the reason why he left is his buisness and that is that!!! Rumors are bad no matter who, what or where! So shut up about it already!!! :)

13. Jill Shaner Says:
    September 13th, 2012 at 8:17 am

So that’s the end of a good show. I can’t stand Steve, all he does is wine, afraid to fly, afraid of bugs, what a whoose. Get rid of him. Other hauting shows find things, this one debunks every thing. Cancel it.

14. Joe Says:
    September 13th, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Grant has been banging one of the women on the show and has been discovered my his wife. Now she wants millions……………….

15. rhonda baugh Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 1:17 pm

I miss Grant, he was one of my favorites. I wish him great luck with the Inn. Would love to stay there(even though I would be scared out of my wits!)I just hope they will bring him back once and awhile as a guest. They are all great though. I for one wish you all Good Luck and good ghost hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Jenny24 Says:
    November 24th, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Wishing you the best Grant. I think all the Ghost Hunters team are just awesome! Please continue investigating ghost phenomenon and appreciate your fascinating work.

17. Judy from British Columbia Says:
    January 25th, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Since I don’t get the SyFy channel, I have to wait for it to air on OLN. I just saw the last show tonight (Jan 25, 2013). I thought it was a great idea to give the Spalding a little advertising (they’ve helped so many other businesses over the years). Grant was my fav also. He seems so gentle, kind, and down to earth. I appreciate all the debunking…that’s what sets it apart from the other similar shows! Also, I like the fact that religion and so called “demons” don’t come into it all the time (ie: Penn State show…stupid). I am also a musician (pianist, guitar, sax and singer)so I appreciate people with the same interests. I wish all of you luck in all your endeavours! Take care, all of you!

18. Qwerty Says:
    July 20th, 2013 at 10:58 am

To y’all that are out there who thinks that since grant left and ghi getting canceled that gh show is going to hell in a hand basket in a heart beat. And that in another season or two gh will be canceled as well?

19. m.a. thomas Says:
    October 16th, 2013 at 7:45 am

What’s the difference the show is not based on any facts. so who cares? They prob. don’t want to be put on the fence about it. That may be one reasons why Grant left. Come on people!

Comments