How Would You Revamp The Biggest Loser If Given The Chance?

May 16, 2012 03:00 PM by Lisa Princ

NBC‘s The Biggest Loser was a complete disaster┬áthis past season, and we recently learned that the show would not be returning in the fall, but in 2013 instead. Did Conda and the gang of whiners cause the show to consider changing things a bit? I invite you to keep reading for the answer to that question, and tell me what you would do to revamp the show!

This past season of The Biggest Loser was deemed “No Excuses,” which turned out to be a complete joke to a bunch of selfish fat asses, who had nothing better to do but whine and complain. After a big ratings decline on the season finale, we learned that NBC would not be airing the next season of The Biggest Loser in the fall like it normally does, but it will be back (most likely in January 2013). Fans were left without a reason for the absence of the show this fall, and we could only assume that it was either on its last leg, or undergoing some changes.

However, we just learned that the show is getting revamped for the new season. According to Deadline.com, the chairman of NBC, Bob Greenblatt revealed: “Producers are revising and refreshing the show and they needed more time,” which won’t be done in time for a fall premiere. Apparently, it was the due to the ratings slump, or in layman’s terms, they know damn well that they need to change something after the disaster that we watched this past season, or they will risk losing whatever fans the show has left.

So now I implore you, my fellow fans of The Biggest Loser, tell me how you would revamp the show for the better? What changes would you make? Or is the show hopeless? We want to hear your thoughts – you never know, maybe the producers will take some of your tips! Comment and share your thoughts below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great The Biggest Loser news, please feel free to check out entertainment!

Photo Courtesy of NBC

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, The Biggest Loser |

13 Responses to “How Would You Revamp The Biggest Loser If Given The Chance?”

1. James Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 3:48 pm

I’d make the show 1 hour to start with. Two hours was always too long.

2. Carol Larken Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 5:45 pm

No more couples. Bring back the line during every weigh in. Make the challenges relevant to weight loss and gaining strength. Use BMI rather than number of pounds lost. We want to see fit contestants, not flabby weak ones!!!! Of course I would love to see Jillian return.

3. Benton Says:
    May 17th, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Just a few ideas.

1. Love the one above, BMI over pounds.

2. More teaching on what to choose outside of the ranch, maybe eating out more etc. How to work working out into daily life other than just setting aside more time which is important.

3. Audience voting! Get America involved and excited in the process :) instead of contestant voting…

The producers will do gr8 and make it perfect! Can’t wait to see BL 14!

4. Bill Hansen Jr. Says:
    May 17th, 2012 at 4:48 pm

1. Bring back 2 teams of singles.

2. No eliminations until week 2. Lets us know the contestants before you kick them off.

3.Show us more then the trainers yelling at them on treadmills.(Do weekly lessons on nutrition and therapy.

4. Look at the past seasom of the Australian version. Excellent show cared more about watching the contestants then their weight loss. Hated to see anyone go.

If that doesn’t work. I’ll go on the show and make it fun again.

5. Ms Chicklet Says:
    May 19th, 2012 at 7:46 pm

1. Have there be no eliminations the first two episodes, giving viewers a chance to get to know the contestants.

2. No. More. Vomit. Shots. EVER.

3. Don’t tell players until the weigh-in if there will be a yellow line, a red line, both or neither that week. That would cut out a lot of the weigh-in gamesmanship and waterloading.

4. As Carol said above, no more couples.

5. More focus on nutrition, less on product placement/plugs.

6. ginger bell Says:
    May 21st, 2012 at 4:18 am

contestants should be at least 300 lbs

7. Terri Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 1:59 pm

I agree with above, don’t tell them until weigh-in time what the situation is: yellow line, red line, etc. Cut out more game play.

8. Claire petko Says:
    May 29th, 2012 at 9:08 pm

9. Jennifer Says:
    June 3rd, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Jillian left and it went downhill from there. She’s not coming back so I think they need to find someone comparable to her and just have that person and Bob as the trainers. I agree with others… No throwing up clips, I do not enjoy that at all. Get a new hostess with a bigger personality, Alison Sweeney is BOR-ING!!!… I also agree with others, no couples, singles only. Less “surprise commercials” inside the show.

10. Paul Hallenbeck Says:
    June 4th, 2012 at 6:13 pm

First I would eliminate the awarded pounds. The one you can use or give away at weigh-ins. It’s not right and not true weights. Then I would only do individual contestants. No family or couples. Women against women and men against men. More fair. Challenges should be awarded with real gifts and awards to inspire hard work. Lastly,elimination should be the one who lost the least percentage the first week then the next whoever lost the least combined total percentage and so on. Make it real and no drama. The drama should be who is moving to the next week.

11. LAURA Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 6:28 pm

I would like to see the viewers more involved with the elimination process. It would have been nice to be able to vote off some of those contestants. I also like singles. Gives more individuals opportunities to take back what they have learned to their families. Maybe you could have viewer participation along with contestants and at the beginning of each show, the person eliminated would be announced. You can pick a time at the end of each show to show the transformation of the contestant eliminated last week. I like the Biggest Loser and I will probably keep on watching it no matter what the changes are, however, change is always nice and keeps individuals interested.

12. Dani Says:
    August 18th, 2012 at 9:49 am

Anyone who waterloads or deliberately gains weight, or dains weight, is automatically put up for elimination.

13. Virtuous Woman Says:
    September 9th, 2012 at 5:23 am

8.Claire petko Says:
    May 29th, 2012 at 9:08 pm

“I love the biggest loser and always look forward to it. I did not like the pettiness and offensive bullying that went unchecked this year. In a season of no excuses there is no excuse for bad behavior. I would like to see the person with the lowest weight loss to go home with no voting. I would also like to see the groups in each other corner with strong bonds to each other not people ready to throw each other under the bus. I would love to see people appreciative of the gift of being able to go to the ranch. It should be fun.”

“I did not like the pettiness and offensive bullying that went “UNCHECKED” this year.

100% AGREED!