Ghost Hunters: Offer Your Goodbye To Grant Wilson

May 17, 2012 10:00 AM by Ryan Haidet

Several months after making the shocking announcement that he would be leaving the show for personal reasons, Grant Wilson has officially signed off of Ghost Hunters.  His last investigation with the TAPS team aired on SyFy last night as they appropriately investigated a place he owns with co-investigator Jason Hawes — the Spalding Inn in Whitefield, New Hampshire.  Throughout the episode, SyFy was showcasing messages from fans who were posting on Twitter using #thanksgrant.  “You made us laugh, cry, learn, question and believe.  Thank you for eight wonderful seasons. You will be missed!” Saoirse L. wrote.  Natalie Z. wrote, “Thank you, Grant.  Your contribution to the world of paranormal research is inspiring and I hope to see you continue to do so, even if it’s behind the scenes.”  Now we want you to leave Grant your own goodbye message, which you can do inside this story.

Since we first reported the news that Grant was quitting the show, the response from readers was massive as dozens of people left a comment about the situation on that story (read those comments here).  That’s why we felt it made sense to ask everybody to now leave a comment about Grant’s official departure.

Do you have a special memory or favorite moment throughout Grant Wilson’s eight seasons on Ghost Hunters?  Is there anything in particular that sticks in your mind from his time on the show?  What will you miss most about the guy who famously exclaimed “what the frig?!?!” whenever something spooky would happen?  What would you like to say to Grant as he leaves the show for good?  Will you still be watching the show’s new episodes this September although Grant is no longer part of it?  Did his final episode make you shed a tear or two?  Please leave a comment below and offer your comments regarding Grant’s departure.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great reality television news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot.

Photos courtesy of SyFy.

Topics: Ghost Hunters, SCI-FI Reality TV Shows |

10 Responses to “Ghost Hunters: Offer Your Goodbye To Grant Wilson”

1. Judy Joiner Says:
    May 17th, 2012 at 11:09 am

I’ve been a big fan of Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunterst International for some time now. The TAPS team seems to be as close as family and I know it must be hard for Grant to leave. I shed a few tears when he announced his departure from the show and several last night after his last episode. Grant will be missed and I wish him the very best in whatever endeavors he pursues. Thanks for all the great episodes with a real professional who always seemed considerate and respectful of those on the other side.

2. makayla Says:
    May 17th, 2012 at 11:51 am

we will miss him

3. Jo Ann Says:
    May 17th, 2012 at 12:19 pm

I have watched Ghost Hunters faithfully since the beginnig of the show. I have met both Jason and Grant a couple of times and found them to be really great people. It is going to be difficult to watch the show and not miss Grant. I am saddened that he is leaving the show, what a great team he and Jason made but wish his all the best in his future endeavors.

What I would say to Grant regarding his departrure:

Dear Grant.
    Thank-You so much for your contributions to the paranormal field. You are a great public speaker and entertainer,but also very dedicated to your field of expertise. Wherever you new path leads you, I wish you the best of luck. You will be missed weekly in our home as we continue to watch in amazement the findings the TAPS team discover on each new investigation.

I am sincerely a fan of the show, and of the paranormal in general and you sir, are a true pioneer in this field. Thank you, again for making it “normal” to watch this type of show on a weekly basis.

Best of luck to you in all that you do..Take Care and “On to the Next!”

Sincerely,
    JCaruso

4. LBW Says:
    May 17th, 2012 at 8:56 pm

I am a big fan of the show and have been since the beginning. It will different without Grant, but his contributions to the show and the field will stand forever. I wish him all the best and as he and Jason would say “on to the next”!

5. Danelle Says:
    May 19th, 2012 at 9:28 am

Growing up knowing that there’s something else there, even though you can’t see it, is tough. Having everyone around you tell you your imagining things is even worse. Thank you Grant, and the whole TAPS

6. Sandra Streb Says:
    May 20th, 2012 at 3:07 pm

My heart feels heavy with the loss of one of the best people on the best and most classy reality show on tv. I will miss you greatly Grant. You taught me so much in this field. I don’t want you to go. You and Jason together are the show. I like the others with Steve and Tango coming in behind you and Jason. This show makes all other reality shows pale in the honest, funny, scary and the most lovable cast ever. I hope your life will be filled with everything you want from it. I feel like one of my family members that visited me every Wednesday has moved far away. I hope you can do some guest appearances. I thank you for all of the Wednesday nights I always looked forward to. I still will but with a big part of it missing. God bless you in your life and fill your life with good health,love,happiness and success. Bye my friend.

7. Ina Hodson Says:
    May 21st, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Grant, goodbye my friend, we will all miss you. I will be forever greatful to you for showing others that there is somethings out there that you cant explain. I have always seen spirits since i was 2 years old and my grandma told me that several in the family could down the bloodline but i was never comfortable with it until yours and Jasons show. The more i learned from you guys the better it got. Thank You for everything, good luck and on to the next.

8. Debi De Long Says:
    June 4th, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Grant,

You will be missed it will be interesting to see the progress of the show from this point on, love all the people on the show they are good people but I sincerly hope they do not place Steve in your place as he will not be a good leader good gosh the man is afraid of EVERYTHING,bugs,spiders,bats,flying, how much help can he be?Hope to see you on some guest appearances.Good Luck Gods Speed.

9. Rhonda Says:
    September 1st, 2012 at 2:46 am

Thanks Grant…you will be missed. Hope you will come back to visit the team, maybe even do a show again! Thanks for the memories!

10. Gabriel Says:
    November 26th, 2012 at 10:08 am

Dear Grant. My name is Gabriel and i am 6 years old. I miss you on the show. I saw a real haunted house. i like to be spider-man.
    Gabriel