Tyra Banks’ America’s Next Top Model: Out With The Old, In With The New

May 20, 2012 11:32 AM by Francisca Stewart

"ANTM Tyra Jay Miss J"

Supermodel turned TV personality Tyra Banks can never be accused of being a pushover.  She has quickly replaced Jay Manuel, Nigel Barker, and Miss J. with international male model Rob Evans and celebrity stylist Johnny Wujek to the cast of the next cycle of America’s Next Top Model. The widespread belief is that the replaced judges didn’t know that this decision was in the works until the last minute. Rob Evans will serve on the judging panel with Tyra Banks and Kelly Cutrone, while Johnny Wujek, who styles stars such as Katy Perry and Shakira, will serve as the creative consultant to the show.

Kelly Cutrone, a successful fashion publicist, joined the show for cycle eighteen, and she is the only one who has been spared the chopping block out of the previous cast. On top of all of this change, it has just been announced that cycle nineteen will be college themed. The theme is inspired by the fact that Tyra just graduated from Harvard Business School. All the contestants will be involved in some type of higher education.

Not to overwhelm you all with revamping going on at ANTM, but there are two more changes that I should mention.  First, America’s Next Top Model will be airing Fridays from 8 to 9 p.m.  Second, viewers will now be able to participate through voting.  Not all bad changes, right?

What do you think of the upcoming changes? Join the conversation and leave a comment below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great America’s Next Top Model news, please feel free to check out SirLinksAlot: America’s Next Top Model.

For more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment visit our sister siteSheKnows.com!

Topics: America's Next Top Model, CWTV Reality TV Shows, Tyra Banks |

9 Responses to “Tyra Banks’ America’s Next Top Model: Out With The Old, In With The New”

1. marie brie Says:
    May 21st, 2012 at 5:21 am

don’t break up the team on antm…just will not be the same

2. Norma L Says:
    May 21st, 2012 at 5:51 pm

I have to say I love watching the young girls appear and strut their stuff. The clothing designers,the make up artists,the photographers,the sets…they are fantastic. However, I do have 1 question…..I am a baby boomer with a very very pretty face and a very good figure and modeled in my teens. Why is the focus always on young girls? I feel that women as they age also need role models and shown how beautiful they can be. I think this would open up a whole new genre of modeling. How I would love the opportunity to compete..with America’s next top Baby Boomer. Why won’t designer’s embrace this generation? Is it because they think we won’t live long enough? My plan is to be here and in great shape until 100+ years.

3. JilliMack Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 5:43 pm

DO NOT devieate FROM WED> NITE PLEASE>
    slso pleeeeeeeeeeeez leave nigel on board.
    nigel
    nigel
    nigel
    will miss the old ANTM. RIP.

4. Stefan19 Uk Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 10:12 pm

So this the last cycle or what ?

P.s That Cutrone lady is truly awful.

5. amj Says:
    May 27th, 2012 at 12:29 am

I don’t like Kelly Cutrone, Tyra has such a huge ego I fast forward when she’s talking, I don’t have any desire to watch this show if Nigel and Jay Manuel aren’t there, so I guess this will be my last season of ANTM. Too bad you drove away the good people then fired the best who remained faithful to you, Tyra. You deserve to be cancelled.

6. Tweetie Says:
    May 27th, 2012 at 5:32 pm

I have watched every season of ANTM and I have missed Twiggy from the beginning. I think her, Nigel, Tyra, and both Jays were what made the show so successful. Now that she has gotten rid of both Jays and Nigel, I think this will be the last season. I liked watching the show not only for the photo shoots and the amazing photos that turned out but for the judges who made the show what it is. They will be missed and I doubt I will continue to watch it…just won’t be the same. By the way, I am 47 years old so I’m not just a young viewer!!!

7. Becca Says:
    May 28th, 2012 at 11:37 am

I am a devoted fan to ANTM. I can sit through marathons of this show. None the less I dont think I will continue watching without Nigel and Jay Manuel. If its not broke dont fix it!!!! There must be more to it is there something there not saying?

8. Jonas Says:
    June 3rd, 2012 at 11:49 am

I was absolutely flabbergasted when I learned – that Nigel Barker and Jay Manual were given the
    boot. However, I was not surprised with Miss J
    as I never really understood why s/he was on the show as he IS NOT TALENTED AND WAS THE WORST RUN
    WAY COACH. I’ve seen better runway performances at Two Potatoes.

9. margaret Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 4:03 pm

i belive you should consider allysn because she has a face that draws your attention and you will never find a face like that again.i have been looking at model magazine longer than some of you are old and never seen and unfoegetable face like hers. what she doesnt know you should teach her.she is perfect foe magazine seventeen. her face makes you look at her.

Comments