May 21, 2012 09:25 AM by Shayla Perry

Did you really think there was going to be a drama-free episode of The Real Housewives of New Jersey?! Yes, even a fun, family field day can bring about tears on Bravo, and after last night’s episode, everyone is buzzing about Gia Giudice‘s tug-of-war tantrum. Is Gia spoiled (we think we know the answer to that one!)? Did Teresa handle the situation the right way? Keep reading for Caroline Manzo‘s take on the fiasco, and what she thinks Tre should’ve done. You know, instead of hugging her daughter and essentially telling her that she was right when she clearly wasn’t.

“Gia was unhappy that her team lost the tug of war. She thought her Unle Joe was cheating and she voiced her opinion to everyone,” Manzo explains in her Bravo blog. “I was upstairs in the kitchen cooking when I heard voices from the basement and it sounded like someone was crying. I went downstairs to find Gia and our little friend Frankie (who is Gia’s age) talking about the cheating issue.

“Frank was trying to explain to her that no one was cheating and everyone was just having a great time. I never once reprimanded her for her behavior until she became disrespectful towards me directly,” Caroline clarifies. “I don’t care whose child you are or how upset you are; you do not look an adult in the face and tell them to be quiet, mind their business, and get out of the room. Especially when they are not antagonizing you.

“It was then when I told Gia to look at me and show some respect. I would expect nothing less from any other adult if it were my child back in the day — respect is paramount in my book,” she continues. “Children should know their boundaries. Teresa challenging Jacqueline and myself in front of Gia was wrong. First of all, she wasn’t in the room, she didn’t know what happened. If she had a problem with either of us, she should have pulled us aside and spoke to us in private and discussed the situation before berting us in front of Gia. That’s just my thought on it, we all parent differently, and that’s what makes the world go round.”

Whew! We can’t wait to hear what Tre has to say about the incident!

Until then, tell us RTVM: Do you agree with Caroline? Was Gia out of line? Should Teresa have handled the situation differently? Or do you think that Caroline and Jacqueline were in the wrong?

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Real Housewives of New Jersey.

For more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment visit our sister site SheKnows!

Photo credit: Bravo

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of New Jersey |

20 Responses to “Caroline Manzo on Gia Giudice’s Meltdown: “Children Should Know Their Boundaries””

1. NJ Woman Says:
    May 21st, 2012 at 11:46 am

Caroline Manzo is a bitter, menopausal rage-a-holic.

Gia is handling puberty better than feebus Manzo is doing menopause.

2. Debbie Says:
    May 21st, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Caroline where are your children’s respect when it comes to Teresa. Isn’t she their elder. Funny how when it’s some ones child you have something to say but when it’s your own NOTHING. You are a gross example of a parent

3. koko Says:
    May 21st, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Gia should not be on television. Period. Her father is going to prison, her family is brawling. Anyone who loves her should step up and take her off the show.

4. Michigan Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 6:14 am

The whole Giudice family is simply, not right. And in 10 years or less, that little girl will be in a lot bigger mess than she is now, sorry to say.

5. Christy Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 9:34 am

Nobody except Jacqueline listens to Caroline on parenting. Their grown children are disrespectful lazy sponges. Chris and Lauren are both overweight, like Caroline, who believes she is tny. Gis is going through a lot. Joe Gorga talked to her in private about his feud with her mom. If she did that to their kids, Joe and Melissa would have a fit.
    Chris and Albi should join the service. Maybe they will turn into grown ups. Of course Chris may be too fat. Albie has a learning problem but not so severe that he needs mommy to read his books to him. I would be embarrassed to have any of her kids.
    As for Gia, she is 10. She hears screaming and cussing all the time. She knows her dad is accused of affairs and going to prison. Her mom tries to pretend it is ok. Gia use to depend on her uncle but after hearing what he says and defends what his wife says about her mom, she no longer can. Yet caroline and Jac butt in. Caroline accused Gia of wanting attention. Gia left the yard to be alone but two grown women thought they could get a few monets of drama for the cameras, at the expense of a child.

6. Cal Q Later Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 11:01 am

Gia herself “cheated” when she hit the button on the water dunker, with her hand, instead of throwing a ball.

7. Nova Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 4:26 pm

I think Gia is a spoiled rotten brat to the nth degree. I don’t think Caroline or Jacqueline did anything wrong. Theresa is preparing Gia for a difficult time in life. People don’t do what you think or want them to do all of the time, especially if you’re a child expecting that from an adult. The Giudices obviously aren’t quality people so it really shouldn’t be surprising that their children are like this. Last, Gia is a child and should still be taught to respect her elders. She is going to end up worse than Ashley. Mark my words.

8. christy Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 6:10 pm

None of caroline’s adult children have respect for anyone. That is why they are all like they are. Who would ever respect people like those three kids of hers.
    Gia is a 10 year old child with the weight of the world on her shoulders. If she was a boy, maybe caroline and a drunk Jacqueline would have been kinder. They love sons. But it may not matter since by hurting Teresa’s child, they hurt her.
    Also Joe Gorga had no right to talk to Gia on camera to Gia about the feud between him and Teresa. If Teresa did that to one of their kids, Melissa and Joe would have a fit.

9. Devoted Mama Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Teresa should have gone to the shore with her husband and younger daughters. She and Gia rudely said they didn’t even want to be there. Why make an appearance and then ruin the fun for everyone else with your troubled daughter? Take care of your baby and stop trying to pretend like everything is ok. We know your family is not doing well. Gia can’t put on a strong face and smile like you, Teresa. She’s a young girl who isn’t as strong as you.

10. Joanne Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 9:36 am

Gia was out of line the way she yells at adults. This kid is troubled to say the least.

Then again, Lauren Manzo’s little tantrum about all these other families ruining HER day was ridiculous.

11. skoksvalley Says:
    May 24th, 2012 at 2:34 am

I am shocked that anyone could defend a child acting so disrespectful to adults. When I was a child I would have gotten disciplined harshly if I had spoke to an adult like that!

Carolines parenting has nothing to do with a 10 year yelling at her in her own home. If it had been my son no one would have had to address his behavior, because I would have taken of it before they had to. I guess Gia is in charge. Gia was acting like a brat, end of story.

12. Leslie Says:
    May 24th, 2012 at 9:31 am

Gia is spoiled rotten and anyone with common sense cannot deny that. This is a young lady who is accustomed to calling all the shots. I’m sure she is a real tool to deal with at school. Imagine Teresa blaming Jacqueline and Caroline for the wild beast that she spawned. All her ‘children’ behave like wild animals. But then considering the nature of the Giudice home, no surprise. We have Big Poppa knocking out his teeth while he tries to compete with his horrid daughter, and who knows how many alcohol fueled arguments about Joe’s cheating, his illegitimate children, etc.

Good for you Teresa. Pat yourself on the back!!

13. Sasha Says:
    May 24th, 2012 at 7:24 pm

How about adults should know their boundaries, Caroline clearly doesn’t!

Whether Gia is spoiled or not is not the question it is how the adults choose to handle to situation. Don’t compare two grown women with a 10 yer old. that is ridiculous.
    Gia has issues with her uncle beyond the cheating bit.
    When a child or anyone is upset why didn’t they give her space? Don’t be in someone’s face. Give them a breather!
    You clearly are not feeling the mother this season but that was crossing the line.
    They look like grown bullies out there trying to instigate a 10 yr old in maki8ng her feel worst than she already did!
    There is no way in reality Caroline will put up with that happening to her kids. How would Jac feel if Teresa took out a book like that for CJ.
    The whole thing was ridiculous and I cant believe people are buying that they want to help. There were plenty of blood relative there. Look at how Kathy diffused it in 5secs!

14. ann Says:
    May 25th, 2012 at 7:48 am

Gia…Another table flipper in the making.Nobody’s child would ever give me orders. That would be last time they were invited to my home,until they learned some manners.

15. Reality Chick Says:
    May 27th, 2012 at 8:48 am

Oh, please. GIA IS 10 YEARS OLD. I find all of this trashing of a 10 YEAR OLD CHILD by grown adults to be vile. She’s a kid, a kid who was trying to be alone and calm down and instead had a couple of point-scoring ADULT bullies get in her face and act like a couple of incompetent teenage babysitters. Her parents may not be the greatest but the sanctimonious “oh, she won’t turn out well” and “oh, she’s a brat” is disgusting. She’s a kid. Pat yourselves on the backs, you wise and perfect people, you’ve trashed a ten year old for acting like a ten year old.

I’m not Theresa’s fan by any stretch, but everyone–including St. Caroline–thought her antics were great when they were aimed at Danielle (another hot mess I’m no fan of).

Caroline, as usual, is making me feel sorry for someone who is otherwise vile. She stirrs the pot, something she’s been doing since season 1. *She’s* the one who passed the book around about Danielle and caused all kinds of dramz. She had a conniption when Danielle danced with her pwecious widdle boy and freaked out about her stripper past (though a strip club/car wash is totally moral, rolls eyes). She stirs crap up and then insists she acts with integrity. Honey, you wouldn’t know integrity if it came up to you and introduced itself. Here’s a tip: don’t go off on the woman your sister in law’s daughter insulted because she wouldn’t drop the charges against her. Oh! Yes! Those parenting standards apply to YOUR FAMILY AS WELL. Tend to your own home, it’s a hot mess my dear.

Yeah, Teresa’s nasty and bitter. But Caroline is a trashy hypocrite and Jackie is her dog.

16. Dan Says:
    May 27th, 2012 at 7:46 pm

I am not a Caroline fan by any means but I don’t find any fault with how Caroline handled the Gia situation.

Teresa is obviously a terrible mother when she tells her children untruths about Melissa. Gia has even repeated them on the show so she has to hear it from someone.

I don’t think children and adults should compete in games together because 10 year olds compete differently than adults and some can not handle losing. It would be the same as a 3 year old competing against a 10 year old.

17. Lynda Says:
    June 1st, 2012 at 6:14 am

Gia is a spoiled brat who is allowed to “control” the situations with her manipulation and tantrums. She knows exactly what she is doing, children are incredibly bright when it comes to learning how to manipulate. But look at ALL the Guidice children…they are all the same way. I want, I want, I want…and they usually get. Their parents are teaching them that happiness comes from material possessions, just look at Teresa! Unfortunately, this only leads to a deeper sense of emptiness and a more frantic attempt to fill it, a horrible vicious cycle. I think we will be hearing more about poor little Gia’s tantrums and emotional immaturity and instability for years to come if her 15 minutes of fame don’t come to an end.

18. Aly Says:
    July 14th, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Gia is the most bratty, spoiled little girl I have ever seen! She cries all the time, and makes big deals out of things. I have no idea why people say she’s a gentle-loving kid! She’s a total brat with an attitude.

19. etta Says:
    July 17th, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Caroline and Jackie were bullies.Gia did exactly what she should have done.She went off to be alone.What gave dragon lady and her puppy the idea they could go after a 10 year old kid?And yes they went after her.I found it funny as hell that Lauren threw her little fit right after Gia responded to being cornered by those two witches.Fact is Teresa is under contract to attend these so called events.I am sure she wishes she had never brought Gia into that mess.I hope the Gorga`s and the Walkie`s realize that every cheap shot they take at Teresa and Joe hits those little girls just the same.I was glad to see Kathy step up and show that she cares about Gia.Caroline and Jackie have alot of nerve telling Teresa a damn thing about raising kids.I thank my stars their kids aren`t mine.

20. maggie Says:
    September 20th, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Gia Giudice is a spoiled brat!
    Caroline Manzo’s children are respectful of their parents and have never in public been disrespectful to Teresa Giudice or anyone else in their family.
    People who criticize Caroline Manzo are people who either are permissive parents or defend permissive parenting!Spoiled children do nothing but bring shame to their parents!I love Caroline Manzo..Maybe its because like her…I didnt raise brats!
    Grow up people!