Dog The Bounty Hunter Sent To The Pound By A&E

May 22, 2012 12:00 PM by Lisa Princ

The last time we heard from Duane Chapman of A&E’s Dog the Bounty Hunter, Duane was busy trying to hunt down the Quaids for a chat. What’s going on with the family these days? Well, apparently “Dog” and the entire family are being sent to the pound as A&E is canceling the show, which was once a big hit. Read on for all the details!

That’s right, after almost 9 years, A&E is canning Dog The Bounty Hunter, at least that is what TMZ is reporting. They claim sources have told them: “Dog’s people and A&E have been negotiating, but the network has now decided to pull the plug and not do season 9.” The series made its debut back in 2004, but then took a break in 2007 after audio of Dog using a racial remark surfaced, causing a huge public controversy. The show, which follows the lives of Duane Chapman, and his family and friends as they endure the dangerous world of bounty hunting, resumed production in 2008.

UPDATE! Will the Chapmans get a new show? Click here to find out what they had to say!

In more recent episodes of the series, the family has been seen attempting to reconcile, after two of Duane’s sons left the series last year. Duane Chapman and his wife Beth recently appeared on Today to talk about some of the recent things going on with them, including death threats. According to Beth Chapman, the death threats have been directed at herself, as well as three of Dog’s daughters, and the FBI is now involved. Now, that is definitely some scary stuff – another reason that the family should be taken off television.

A&E has yet to officially comment on the cancellation, but Duane and Beth Chapman did! Click here to find out what they had to say! What do you think of A&E canceling Dog The Bounty Hunter?

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! For other great Dog The Bounty Hunter news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Dog The Bounty Hunter.

Photo Credit: A&E

Topics: A&E Reality TV Shows, Dog The Bounty Hunter |

32 Responses to “Dog The Bounty Hunter Sent To The Pound By A&E”

1. ed Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 12:28 pm

This just in. The guy dresses like an indian/punk hybrid. Dumb show. Didn’t watch it anyway.

2. Karen Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 12:54 pm

I hope that A & E reconsiders. DOG and his family has a variety of problems, but I don’t know a family which doesn’t. Please keep DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER on the TV.
    Karen

3. Linda Rhiner Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Well this just sucks! We lose Dog, but we have to put up with the other stupid lame shows? I and my family will really miss seeing Dog and his family every morning and on Wed. nights. I am sure I will suffer from withdrawal symptoms! lol. No but seriously it is a shame that this great show is being cancelled.

4. Heather Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 6:16 pm

I am really upset that this show is going off the air. All my favorite show are leaving the airways. Guess I need to go by DVD and watch them over and over again and watch Nascar or Football. that is what these channels are leaving us with. Cancelling all these good shows..

5. sw2cam Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Should have never made it to air in the first place.

6. C.JoeMurray Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 11:08 pm

It’s too bad the show will be cancelled but all Hawaii knows that the Dog is married to his wife Beth that is a foul mouth woman that thinks she is better than her peers. She needs to eat some humble pie! She is loud and vulgar where ever she goes. His son is a nice young man that is humble and down to earth. Go figure. They wonder why they are not popular in their home state coz the Hawaiian people don’t idolize them but treat them as common people? It’s Beth. She is simply disgusting and places herself on a pedestal like she is a Queen.

7. Christel Stauber Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 12:00 am

I love that show! I would be very disappointed if the show were cancelled. Well done show, very entertaining.I’d miss the people. Don’t cancel,please!

8. garrettfamily Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 6:12 am

we will miss the show but understand that family is first andif this help sheild the children and family from the evil i think its a good

9. Dee Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 7:39 am

Goodbye to bad rubbish. Nothing but a bunch of inbred bigots. Duanes racist remarks is what kept them off for a season years ago. They should have been cancelled then.

10. stephanie Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 7:40 am

i watched dog since it first came on tv. There was a time i stopped watching n well guess its a good thing cos theres ones i still havent seen. are they really gonna stop playing it in the mornings too, the repeats? wow i wouldnt like that- oh n whens it gonna go off the air anyways? i really enjoyed the show-figures no good tv anymore anyways.

11. Christina Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 8:16 am

WHY are all my favorite shows being taken off the air an why do they leave such disgusting shows on this really sucks im a big dog fan an he shouldnt be taken off tv it just wont be the same without them.:( sad

12. I am glad Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 8:19 am

I am glad the show is going off the air. Beth is a rude woman with no class. Dog is a prejudice bastard, Leland is a wuss, and Duane Lee is a fat butt, but baby Lisa. She is fine.

13. Debi Girl Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 8:20 am

Too bad – seems like shows worth watching are always cancelled and the less entertaining ones remain – go figure!! I think A & E has had it in for Dog from the get go because of the incident about the racial remarks – so many stars say so much worse, to hold that against him is ridiculous! People say all kinds of things in anger. So what if they are different – thats what makes the world go round! I will miss them and the show, and wish them well.

14. Peggy H Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 9:01 am

We have to put up with the Kardashians, Kendra, and other stupid reality shows by the way which are not entertaining in the least but now we are going to lose DOG? I took the show with a grain of salt, it’s a reality show for goodness sake. As for the vulgar talk, well you can turn on abc, nbc, fox etc and get your fill of nasty talk, especially during primetime. You can supposed costume malfunctions. Oh give me a break. If it is being cancelled over concerns of his family’s safety, I am all for it. Afterall, family is first and foremost.

15. Dudley Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 9:02 am

I am very disappointed that Dog has been cancelled. It was one show that I watched when I found it on by flipping through the channels. There are other shows which should not be on the air.

16. anon Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 9:02 am

Well either they wanted to much money or they got scared and decided not to do the show anymore.

17. Hoof Hearted Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 10:35 am

I was personally getting tired of listening to Beth’s incessant bullying of everyone but primarily Dog himself. She is no prize. I would never tolerate a woman like her. I would drop her ass to the curb.

18. billmach Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 10:41 am

pulled the plug on a CONVICTED FELON who has been running around playing wanna be Police officer..
    haven’t you noticed even Hawaii police no longer tolerate his illegal ways and police impersonations
    good riddance Idiot…..
    now can we get some good programing on in place of these awful reality shows

19. Randy Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Bet his old lady screwed this up

20. Marynell Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Dog and family please don’t leave! If A&E is so stupid to drop you, some other station will pick you up (like Bio). Love you guys and the good work you do. God Bless!

21. jessica Says:
    May 24th, 2012 at 9:37 am

I love Dog. Him and his family seem to truly help people. Not just throw them in jail and forget about them. They want them to change for the better. I really like how they have no problem giving praises where praises are due, to God. Please dont take away the show.

22. hurricane hunter Says:
    May 25th, 2012 at 4:12 pm

This just sucks,I don’t understand A&E’s thinking, they show Storage Wars re-runs over and over and over again,so it’s obvious they need more new shows to fill up space in the line-up. I don’t even turn it to A&E anymore because I already know what will be on. I bet it’s because of Beth with her big mouth, I watched the show because of Duane Lee and Leland not Dog or Beth.

23. Tami Says:
    May 26th, 2012 at 6:48 am

I am outraged over this I think that A&E needs to get there stuff together this has been on of the best shows on t.v. and Yes I’m mad and I hope they do start a new show just to SHOW A&E that they can.Beth has kept this family together and made it a family for all of us to watch.I don’t understand why you give someone something then take it away! You go Dog and Beth and give us another show so we can continue to watch and love you as we have for 9 years.Best of luck to you!!!

24. kamaina Says:
    May 26th, 2012 at 12:24 pm

The trailer is pulling away-Dont forget the cinder blocks and empty beer cans

25. tank top dress Says:
    June 1st, 2012 at 3:56 am

26. JJ Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 8:11 am

Dog and Beth are worth 75 to 100 million dollars. Their house in Colorado is worth 5 million dollars. They drive $60,000.00 cars and buy new every other year. Trailer trash – not! Very snart and savy business people – YES! It sounds like people on here are jealous. Grow up and get a life.

27. jonathon Says:
    June 28th, 2012 at 2:09 pm

fuck every one who is glad

28. jules Says:
    July 26th, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Every person has made offensive remarks, so don’t jump on him! My whole family loves that show, including my two year old. I will definitely miss it! For the people who had such a problem with it, than don’t watch it!!! He’s coming from a good place and he takes trash off our streets! I wish he’d come here to Killeen, TX!

29. tudung online Says:
    September 27th, 2012 at 1:18 am

Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your site
    and in accession capital to assert that I acquire in fact enjoyed account your blog posts.
    Any way I will be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently rapidly.

30. Clark Kent Says:
    December 21st, 2012 at 6:51 am

For All the Numb Nuts who have posted derogatory upstes with tv’s greatest family makes me wanna choke out all the pukes on here who have posted shit about these folks. They are legit. Period! They are not afraid to profess their faith before and during and after work….. Class acts no matter what they say or what they do bottom line it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know these folks are simply and inspiration of the human spirit and how change is inevitable and choice is optional…. If you don’t like em keep it to yourself… Didn’t your mama ever teach you if you can’t say something good about something shut the fuck up! Hows that and guess what Jesus gave me those words! Great run Dog and if have my choice and chance to pick up where you guys left off show or nos how I would be honored…. Good luck in you latter years sincerely, Clark Kent

31. Clark Kent Says:
    December 21st, 2012 at 6:52 am

Oh Yeah and one more thing thanks for cancelling the show on my birthday… what a kick in the ballz.. later CK

32. joe Says: