Dog The Bounty Hunter Update: You Can’t Keep A Good Dog Down

May 23, 2012 08:00 AM by Lisa Princ

Yesterday we learned that A&E’s Dog the Bounty Hunter was getting canceled, but even that can’t keep a good dog down! What do we mean? Well, after the news broke, Duane and Beth Chapman spoke to the media, and hinted to a possible new show. Fans rejoice! Read on for the scoop.

Yesterday we learned that A&E would be canceling Dog The Bounty Hunter,  TMZ reported: “Dog’s people and A&E have been negotiating, but the network has now decided to pull the plug and not do season 9.” A&E has yet to officially comment on the cancellation, but Duane “Dog” Chapman and his wife, Beth issued a statement to the media yesterday after the news broke. “Prior to A&E making a decision not to renew the series Dog the Bounty Hunter, the parties involved were unable to reach an agreement for the ninth season,” Duane and Beth Chapman told E!

But what is next for the family that many of us have grown to love over the past 8 years? Well, they made an interesting remark during their media chat: “This has been a great ride for eight seasons and we would not be where we are today but for our loyal and dedicated fans. We are about to start a new chapter, and an announcement will be made sooner rather than later. You can’t keep a good Dog down.” Now, to us that sounds like the family may have another show in the works – don’t you think?

Would you follow the Chapman family if they were given another show? Are you upset by A&E’s decision to cancel the series? We want to hear from the fans! Comment and share your thoughts with us below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! For other great Dog The Bounty Hunter news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Dog The Bounty Hunter.

Photo Credit: A&E

Topics: A&E Reality TV Shows, Dog The Bounty Hunter |

49 Responses to “Dog The Bounty Hunter Update: You Can’t Keep A Good Dog Down”

1. brenda Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 9:47 am

Yes very upset dog and his family are great.I hope someone will take over and put them back to work on tv.Dont give up Dog.You are the best.

2. Tom DeVaughn Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 9:53 am

I loved the show , Will miss it i watched about every episode, Good luck DOG

3. Renee Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 10:33 am

I hope there is a new show. I will watch it. My whole family watches it. It helps show my kids that if you do something wrong, dog will find you.

4. Heather Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 10:36 am

My husband and I love the Chapman family!! I hope they come out with a new show!!

5. Pete w Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 10:37 am

I liked the show when lived in Florida ,moved back to michigan and lost track of it ,would watch a New show of Dog and His Posse

6. Rachelle Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 10:43 am

My family and I love watching Dog and Crew. We hope that they get a new show. Our thoughts and Prayers go out to the family.

7. April Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 11:15 am

I think it’s crazy what A&E is doing. A lot of folks from here in Alabama watch Dog The Bounty Hunter. I for one know that I am a true fan of Dog The Bounty Hunter. I watched every episode that I can find on the TV.

8. Tina Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Im furious! This is the best show I love it! I have been a loyal follower and watch it DAILY! I can not believe they have cancelled them, but I know many fans will make sure they get another program elsewhere! This is real life and real life at its best! Dog and Beth are raw, but Godly people trying to make America safer! I love them and God will Bless them with another show, He will period! A&E you are going to regret losing their show!

9. Jana Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I think the show should be removed. Its not a family show anymore, think about it have you ever seen one family have so much grief. This is happening to just raise ratings AGAIN. You cant allow your kids to watch it. This show has placed a bad mark on the world christian. I pray their family finds peace and stays safe.
    Plus there are so many new shows out, The Glades, and those that are returning with new shows.

10. CassyS Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 5:10 pm

I want to know why Leland and Duane Lee would stop talking to their family. I’ve only recently discovered the show, and Duane Lee has had a nasty attitude at times, but Leland is the best! It must have been something horrible to make him stop talking to his family. Maybe they should work on fixing the family issues before focusing on television. He’s been such an inspiring example of the things that happen when you do drugs and crime, family is the most important thing.

11. jenelle galloway Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 6:41 pm

PLEASE Do not take dog off the air. We all love the show. Get another channel to show it.Just do not stop them from showing us that there are people that have a true heart to help the poor. Thanks.jenelle

12. Sue Wilcox Says:
    May 23rd, 2012 at 7:29 pm

No, I am not upset that A&E cancelled the show.I never really watched it when it was on the air. I caught about 10 minutes of the show once and decided that it was not my cup of tea. I’ll pass on any future endeavors by this family.

13. rebecca Says:
    May 24th, 2012 at 3:29 am

this is pretty much the only show i watch on a&e so, i will write them off as far as watching anything on their channel . bounty hunter was a wonderful show. very sad.

14. blackmetalmikey Says:
    May 24th, 2012 at 8:53 am

we miss u dog and beth yu are the best#1

15. jessica Says:
    May 24th, 2012 at 9:30 am

I am so disappointed. I really love the show. Dog and his family really seem to care about the people they are looking for. They dont just get them, and then forget them. They want the people to change to have a beteer life. I like how dog and his family are not afraid to praise God. They never forget to thank God. Beth is such a strong women and I really enjoy watching them all. I really hope that this talk of something more does happen.

16. jessica Says:
    May 24th, 2012 at 9:32 am

Dog I love your show and your family. I really hope that you and your family continue helping people out. Keep giving praises where praises are due. God.

17. Jime Says:
    May 24th, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I’ll be looking for the new show on any media. I appreciate the way the show is filmed and edited, the music works well the theme of every show but I particularly like grit displayed in the pursuit and capture and then the kind consideration honestly given to the captured.

18. Pam Says:
    May 24th, 2012 at 4:39 pm

I am finished with A&E if Dog, Beth and family leave. I won’t turn that station on again.

Dog the Bounty Hunter is one of the best programs on tv and is watched by my family, friends and coworkers.

DOG: keep us posted about where you are going…I will follow you.

A&E: Pay Dog what ever he is asking….you are making a major mistake. Your channel sucks anyway without him.

19. Karen Says:
    May 24th, 2012 at 7:35 pm

A@E does not a know a winner when it sees one. Nice to see decent people uphold the law in a show with out blood and bullets every where. When ever you get a place Dog Family I will be there to watch.

20. Jonnie Holich Says:
    May 25th, 2012 at 10:20 am

I think that someone at A&E is on drugs. You have just taken off the best show ever. Someone must be crazy. Dog and Beth I will follow you on whatever show you are on. I just love your whole family.

21. Limo-Rob Vegas Says:
    May 25th, 2012 at 5:23 pm

I can’t believe this. That has been my favorite show and I love it. I really hope they do get a new show! I would definitely follow them on their new show for sure.

22. Diana Says:
    May 25th, 2012 at 9:33 pm

I loved watching the show. I am so disapointed that it won’t be on. Yes I would watch a new show. The whole family is great.

23. Ruth Says:
    May 26th, 2012 at 12:15 am

I am mad as hell the show got canceled, my son (who has high functioning autism) and I watch Dog the bounty hunter, his favorite besides dog is leland, we hope the family can come together and be one again. I hope they will have another chapter because I know we will be right there with them all the way. Of course my favorite is Beth and baby lisa lol.

24. Tami Says:
    May 26th, 2012 at 6:42 am

I am out raged over the whole thing I have never missed a show and came to love the family and really would love for them to start a show.I don’t know what A&E problem is but they need to know that there show was the best and will be losing a lot of viewers!!!!Beth has held this family together thru it all.So yes I I’m mad and I can’t believe this is happening and I do hope they start a new T.V. show!!

25. Tami Says:
    May 26th, 2012 at 6:46 am

I am outraged over this I think that A&E needs to get there stuff together this has been on of the best shows on t.v. and Yes I’m mad and I hope they do start a new show just to SHOW A&E that they can.Beth has kept this family together and made it a family for all of us to watch.I don’t understand why you give someone something then take it away! You go Dog and Beth and give us another show so we can continue to watch and love you as we have for 9 years.Best of luck to you!!!

26. C DUDUS Says:
    May 27th, 2012 at 6:35 am

I WANT THE DOG!! LOVE THIS FAM..BETH AND DOG..AND REST OF THE CREW..HOPE THEY GET A NEW SHOW..HERES TO GETTING THEIR FAM ISSUES TAKEN CARE OF..BETH AND FAM HOPE THEY FIND AND STOP THE ONES RESPONSIBLE FOR DEATH THREATS..THATS UNBELIEVABLE..BUT GOD WILL WATCH OUT AND HELP THE CHAPMAN FAM!! LOVE YA’S

27. Kelly Jeffrey Says:
    May 29th, 2012 at 3:04 am

Why would a and e cancel Dog and family? They must be losing their minds. Dog and Chapmans you can get on another channel I hope not getting to watch your show is depressing. I look up to all of you because you all don’t just arrest those people you work your rearends off trying to get them to live a decent life. So push for your show I will watch it as I NEVER missed an episode. you are in my prayers. God bless all of you chapman family!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. CHERYL HUNTER Says:
    May 29th, 2012 at 11:37 am

I use to watch Dog, but got burnt out. He get family together to pray b4 each outing then cusses like a salior. Love the boys and the chapman he claimed was like a brother, but not.
    But Dog and Beth seem to have developed a better than thou attitude

29. William Duff Says:
    May 29th, 2012 at 12:31 pm

I think Dog and his even doggier wife is discusting. Talk about nasty, Get on a diet, and Breast reduction, Now about yoiur wife, Seariously, You two are nasty. I never liked the show, your no better then the crookes you put in Jail, Go get a real job, Like in a circus as a freak. I won’t watch the trash they come up with as I hardly ever watched the show, If I wanted to see a fat ugly woman, I would pull out a photo of my ex-wife. Scrue off and have a reality Check.

30. Billy Eubanks Says:
    May 31st, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Anything about God is too extreme for A&E. Oh, I forgot they believe in evolution by some of the programming on the network. Darn Apes.

31. Patricia Says:
    May 31st, 2012 at 7:48 pm

Geez
    I have to be honest,I have watched the cheesy show,yes I said “cheesy” Doesn’t surprise me that they got the boot,the show was all about the dog puffing out his chest for all to see..lol oh pleaseeeeee.
    And for those that are whining about how great the show was,it doesn’t say much for you all..

32. xprophet Says:
    May 31st, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Come on Bring us the Dog! Why not a internet show? I would tune in. And bring back Duane and tell Bobby Brown to shut up!

33. nancy Says:
    June 1st, 2012 at 6:29 pm

So sorry to hear of the canncellation. I hope some other channel will pick them up. As reality shows go this is the best. Really enjoyed the show and hope things change for the Chapmans. Its the only show on A&E I watch,so I wont be watching A&E any longer.

34. tina Says:
    June 2nd, 2012 at 5:25 pm

i would watch another show that the chapmans would make. I think that A & E shouldn’t have cancled season 9 they should reconsider

35. Betty Says:
    June 3rd, 2012 at 9:58 am

A&E needs to step back and review the ‘trash’ that
    they are broadcasting! Duck Dynasty is the dumbest of them all; and so is Storage Wars, and I
    can go on and on and on. Criminal Minds and Dog
    the Bounty Hunter, at least have characters that
    are good to watch. Beth is wonderful and kind to
    the females they catch and Dog’s wisdom is the
    best. BRING THEM BACK!!!! Please!!!!

36. Judy Says:
    June 3rd, 2012 at 11:22 pm

The A&E I knew is now gone. It has turned in to a channel of trash. Sadly I am watching less and less of A& E. Are you listening A&E? Your losing viewers. Are you sure want to?

37. FOXY ROXY Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 5:43 am

LOVE TO WATCH HOW THE CHAPMAN FAMILY STICK TOGETHER, ALLOW EACH OTHER TO MAKE MISTAKES AND RECOVER FROM THEM. THEY ARE ALWAYS THROUGH THICK AND THIN TOGETHER. THEY ARE REAL PEOPLE NOT SOAP OPERA, MAKE BELIEVE. LOVE HOW THEY HELP, PRAY TOGETHER WITH THE CRIMINALS AND OFFER HELP.
    THEY SHOULD STAY ON TV.

38. Byassee family Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Please A&E reconsider and keep our show on your station..Eight years and you continue to have everyone complaining that your ending the season should give you a BIG wake up call. I can tell you if anohter station puts them on it will be out with you, and in with the new station. Listen up A&E!

39. Julie76 Says:
    July 5th, 2012 at 5:12 am

My family and I LOVE the Chapman family. We have been twice to meet them at their book signings at the bookstore. When we were in Hawaii, we went to their office and bought shirts. They are so down to earth and real and we will miss them on A&E.We are very disappointed the show is being cancelled. They should reconsider their decision. we hope DOG comes back to reality TV very soon!

40. Donna Gill Says:
    July 26th, 2012 at 10:30 am

We Love this show!!! Hopefully another network will pick Dogs Show up!!! Gotta have some dog.

41. jamie Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Big mistake for a&e I don’t agree with those that think this isn’t a family show it is a family that’s in it and thru the years you fall in love with them I hope all the family problems pan out and they can be a team again I miss the old days with tim in the crew but understand he has little ones. we have been there thru weddings and births and heartache and joy to take that away is like taking away something that people have been commited to. I live in Colorado and I love when they travel acrossed colorado and I can say I know where that is. It is kinda cool to think that he has been places where you have expecially when he goes to Grand Junction. That is my cup of tea.we have watched his children grow and his family unite please don’t take that away

42. kristi potts Says:
    August 16th, 2012 at 5:38 pm

i am so sad that dog won’t be back on…big mistake.i so lookes forward every week to watch dog and his family and will miss them deeply…life seems to be all about money . not the joy and pleasure you get out of the situation….and i was so happy to see the show weekly. there is nothing you can replace dog with and enjoy that much….your loss…..kristi potts.

43. Mary Smith Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Certainly I m upset that A&E cancelled their show . Some of the new shows are just plan stupid, and I do not watch them.
    Dog’s show was a good family show, I loved it when you got a chance to see their private lives, experience their problems with them , just a great show, you felt like you knew them.
    If they have a new show I will be right there watching it and loving it.Dog hope to see you and Beth and your family real real soon. Ellen

44. Eddy mclicknutz Says:
    August 30th, 2012 at 7:02 pm

I would watch the D. OH. GEE. on any channel it was on. That is the only show i watched on a and weak anyways. I would watch it even if it were on a network strictly for gays. lol.. don’t get all butt hurt gay people it’s a joke

45. Eddy mclicknutz Says:
    August 30th, 2012 at 7:04 pm

I would watch the D. OH. GEE. on any channel it was on. That is the only show i watched on a and weak anyways. I would watch it even if it were on a network strictly for gaysz. lol.. don’t get all butt hurt homosexual people it’s a joke!

46. Guy Fuson Says:
    September 26th, 2012 at 8:49 am

Bobby Brown is a whiner and A&E are idiots. Can’t wait for CMT show.

47. Linda Newsome Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 3:25 pm

I Love the Chapman Family I also meet them at Book signings They are the nices down to earth people you could ever meet.I dearly love this family and I hope they are on TV a long time.

P.S. Those without sin cast the first stone.

48. Rhoda Newman Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 6:23 am

What a great show you had with Dog the Bounty Hunter. I wish it was back on. I even watched the re-runs even though I had seen them before. I loved that program. Please, please reconsider bringing back the Chapman family.

49. Felicia Anderson Says:
    April 5th, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Would never watch this family again and anyone who support his racist remark they should never be allowed on tv again they should be asking God for forgiveness. The Dog shucks

Comments