Teresa Giudice: I Don’t Think Gia Was Being Disrespectful!

May 24, 2012 08:30 AM by Shayla Perry

The fallout from Field Day on Bravo‘s Real Housewives of New Jersey continues as Teresa Giudice finally weighs in on her daughter, Gia‘s (not so) mini-meltdown. Obviously, Tre is going to defend her 10-year-old, but does she really think that what Gia did wasn’t disrespectful?!

“Gia didn’t want to come to the field day because she was upset about Joey screaming at me and making me cry at Kathy’s pool party, and that’s exactly why I didn’t want to talk to him then — because my kids were there,” Teresa explains in her Bravo blog.

“She’s only 10 and it’s an emotional age. When you’re 10, you want the whole world to be fair. It drove her crazy that people were cheating and adults were taunting her, sticking their tongues out and stuff. She got wound up, so she lost it.”

Did she handle the situation the right way? As Tre says, “The thing is, she’s my kid, and the way I handle it is the way I did, talking calmly to her, telling her I love her, listening to her, telling her not to be a sore loser, giving her advice on how to just sit still and listen if an older person is talking to you.

“But I had no idea what Caroline and Jacqueline were doing to her,” Giudice continues. “Extremely, extremely not OK. Kids get upset, I don’t think you have to follow them around, corner them, get in their face, and make them feel worse. Did you see Gia’s poor face? Saying ‘no one had ever done that to her before’? As Gia’s mother, it really broke my heart to watch that, and it was wrong. It wasn’t them trying to help, they were belittling her and making her feel terrible about herself, and I don’t think she was disrespectful. She didn’t run away or slap them or call them dirty names. She sat there and cried and begged them to get her mom. And the fact that they wouldn’t go find me is really upsetting.”

What do you think RTVM: Is Teresa right? Was Gia being disrespectful or not? Sound off in the Comments section below.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Real Housewives of New Jersey.

For more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment visit our sister site SheKnows!

Photo credit: Bravo

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of New Jersey |

16 Responses to “Teresa Giudice: I Don’t Think Gia Was Being Disrespectful!”

1. jenny smith Says:
    May 24th, 2012 at 9:50 am

Theresa is 100% wrong. They other women used their hatred against Theresa to justify what they did to a child. Caroline always says the kids are off limits and they are constantly talking about Gia.

2. jenny smith Says:
    May 24th, 2012 at 9:51 am

OOPS Theresa was 100 % right! Gia was treated horribly by the 2 women who bullied a child!

3. nooshin Says:
    May 24th, 2012 at 10:09 am

Teresa handled the situation the right way. She is a great mother. Shame on Bravo to allow those two women on national TV to insult a little girl like that. No one can treat my kids that way. They treat her mom like shit.

4. Taylor33 Says:
    May 24th, 2012 at 10:48 am

Gia was not being disrespectful. She did not become agitated until she was crying for her Mommy. Anyone that would critique or name call a ten year old on a blog is despicable. Gia has watched those women publically flog her Mother for a year and she handled them with a stealth deameanor. Gia is a rockstar! She saw those women for what they are. Jaqueline read a baby book to her on sore losing when the issue wasn’t whether her uncle cheated or not, he did. She needed to simply stop her reaction to it. Jaqueline spoke to Gia with sarcasm and cruelty while laughing at her. She humiliated her. Exactly as we have seen her do with her daughter, Ashley. I now publically apologize to Ashely for judgeing her last year. That poor kid must feel so emotionally unsafe in her own home. Ashley never stood a chance. Caroline and Jaqueline used that scene to attack Teresa more, and even berated her parenting skills. Meanwhile, Caroline’s children are the most offensive, whiny, self entitled, direspectful children I have ever seen. Where’s her iron fist with them? She swallows it. Lauren: “waa I’m fat, waaah I hate Teresa, waaah no one wants my make up line.” Teresa handled it perfectly telling Gia to listen to adults, and then she comforted Gia. That episode and their blogs that followed, made it crystal clear what the problem is: Jealousy. BlackWater has BOMBED and Teresa is soaring. I wouldn’t support anything The Manzos or Laurita create, if my life depended on it.

5. Dana Peters Says:
    May 24th, 2012 at 11:09 am

I have always been a Jaqueline fan, but not anymore. I couldn’t respect her less. Wow, no Gia was not disrespectful. She was upset over the cheating. Her fit needed to be stopped, but not with sarcasm and belittling. Wow, I’m feeling Ashley now. Her mother IS toxic. Ashley: don’t come home, nothing has changed. As far as Caroline is concerned, she’s just a bully and it’s all because of sour grapes. Teresa is a best selling author and caroline….isn’t. Caroline really needs to get some professional help. She already lost the “sane” sister. The rest of the family is going to leave soon, once they figure out nothing is going to “take off” because of her. Wow.

6. deedeeb Says:
    May 24th, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Once again the trash of the world that follows Teresa speaks out. Glad I don’t know you or your children. Teresa is the one who TWISTS EVERYTHING. Tell me all you Tre suck ups – WHEN did joe (her bro) YELL at her at the pool party – DID YOU SEE A DIFFERENT EPISODE THAN ME??? I have watched that at least 4 times and NEVER saw Joe YELL at her. Just another way T twists things. All you Tre fans – GO SCRATCH

7. LMEE Says:
    May 24th, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Give me a break… those children are learning to be just like their parents. Teresa and Joe are horrible people. Bravo needs to remove those little girls from the show. Their parents are going through some bad times and the girls are seeing and hearing way to much. American does not need to watch their pain. Teresa needs therapy. She is a mess. Joe is a joke!!! enough said.

8. ann Says:
    May 25th, 2012 at 7:41 am

Theresa doesn’t think,that’s her problem…Gia is acting just like her mother.

9. Team Gia Says:
    May 25th, 2012 at 8:39 am

Gia is a little 10 year old girl that see’s her mother emotions going up and down regarding their family situation. She is very emotional at this point in her life and dose not know how to handle the situation. Caroline and Jacq was VERY wrong. Jacq actually taunted her with that dumb book. Tere has all right to be upset. Team Gia ALL the way.

10. Lucky Tiger Says:
    May 25th, 2012 at 8:52 am

Joe and Teresa…two totally uneducated people acting as if they are sooo upper-class is a joke. They are blue collar and dumb. She can hardly read, and if you watch the show you know that.
    Gia? That kid is feeling the dysfunction and dissention of the home and all the fights Joe and Teresa have with everyone else. Her behavior was pretty out there but disrepectful? I don’t think so. A result of Joe and Teresa’s craziness..yes.
    She’s between a rock and a hard place, and knows waaay too much about her parent’s lives by her questioning Joe in the car about some lady at a business meeting. This kid already has HUGE issues from her parents.
    Joe and Teresa are white trash…period.
    But Caroline and Jacqueline would have been smarter to somewhat ignore Gia’s behavior I think.

11. Tammy Says:
    May 26th, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Teresa was wrong!! Gia was out of line and all Caroline and Jaquline was doing was trying to calm her down and correct her. Who was in the wrong her mom Teresa for starters arguing about Joe her brother and his wife Melissa in front of Gia, two not correcting Gia on the proper way to act. If they would have been in my house I would have told her to take her brat of a daughter on home and get out of my house.

12. Morgaine Says:
    May 26th, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Gia was extremely rude, telling Jacq to go back outside as she did. I know the kid is under enormous stress, but nobody who is a guest at my house will ever get away with such disrespect. I’d have delivered the brat to her mother and ordered them both off my property. If I’d ever spoken to an adult that way “And I’m not even kidding” I’d never have lived to see my eleventh birthday.

13. Nen Says:
    May 28th, 2012 at 12:19 am

Please, Gia is ten. Not yet in puberty but yes old enough to see, hear and be confused by her mother, father and uncle’s fighting. But, she is a drama queen who threw a fit because her team did not win. And if she wanted her mother so badly, don’t tell an adult to “stop and go get my mom”. get off your spoiled butt and go find her yourself. None of the other things people are so appalled by would have happened if she hadn’t sat there in her princess world expecting an adult to “go get my mom”. Ridiculous

14. Paula Says:
    May 28th, 2012 at 12:41 am

Gia DID act like a spoiled little brat with her screaming and ranting about everyone cheating. As far as Caroline and Jacq lecturing her and trying to teach her a lesson by reading her the book about being a poor loser? Probably not the best thing to do. But I wonder what really happened, and how did Bravo edit the tape to create this situation. Theresa? She is wacko, and her kids are learning from her. But again…edit edit edit…the illusion is being created and skewed for us.

15. teresa fan Says:
    May 28th, 2012 at 10:57 am

teresa is not wrong. if someone got in any of your childrens faces, you would act the same way. whether gia was wrong or right, she is a kid. teresa is goin through a hard time. her family and friends are living their lives the same way they were before all of her problems and she is crashing due to her husband.she feels she has noone to talk to, she feels like she is an outsider, and those ppl arent are making her an outsider and not supporting her. her cousin kathy is the only one sho sees it. stop hating on teresa..

16. Lucy Says:
    June 17th, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Honestly , you guys are wrong because if A friends that is consider a family member has the right to disciple my child if she acting up. Obvisiou teresa has no control of that little girls mouth.

Comments