Basketball Wives Royce Reed Upset about Tahiti Prank

May 29, 2012 03:30 PM by Christine McDow

By now you must have heard all the controversy on Basketball Wives surrounding Tami Roman and the accusations of her being a bully. Not only are fans weighing in, but so are the other Basketball Wives on the show, including Royce Reed who has asked, “How old are we?” Fans have gone as far as to start a petition to get Tami Roman kicked off the show! What is your opinion? Do you think it is a simple case of a misunderstanding or was Tami Roman really being mean and making African American women everywhere look bad? The Buzz weighs in below with this special video. Watch it and then let us know what you think.

Topics: Basketball Wives, The Buzz, VH1 Reality TV Shows |

31 Responses to “Basketball Wives Royce Reed Upset about Tahiti Prank”

1. teeva Says:
    May 29th, 2012 at 3:40 pm

The show needs to go off the air. What started off as an ok series has now changed to garbage. Tami is not the only bullie, Evelyn as well. They all talk the talk about how Keisha and Jennifer act but there just as bad. Shaunie for ignoring it and just standing back like its okay. Susie who is just a follower and scared to speak up and sits back like its ok. Seriously basketball wives!!!!

2. Quiannaj Says:
    May 29th, 2012 at 3:47 pm

I think Tami Roman went to far. She has always been a little high strung, but the way she acted toward Keisha was ridiculous. I don’t feel that Keisha ever “disrespected” Tami in anyway. So bully is the right thing to say about Tami, smh… Its a shame, i used to like her.

3. EloiseM. Says:
    May 29th, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Royce absolutely does not have any room to condemn any thing or anybody. This prank is not the worst prank that has ever been played. People pull pranks every day. Have you not heard of the show Punked? Kenya has been lying and talking out of both sides of her mouth since she came on this show. Maybe this was payback. What I found interesting was Kenya’s handling of the situation. Her not insisting to have a room change revealed a high level of craziness and trifleness. Any normal person would have insisted on a room change, then figured out it was done by somepeople. A normal person would not have accepted that foul smell in her room. So,why blame Shaunie and the others for actually showing what quality person Kenya is? Royce attempts more detrimental pranks on her father every time they meet. Those FAKE crocodille tears that don’t work. Her cradle-robbing habits every other month. Her extra violent actions in past episodes. Really Royce?

4. Dianne Says:
    May 29th, 2012 at 4:00 pm

liked tammi in the past and stood with her in all previous altercations, this last one is a no no, her and evelyn are big time bullies. shaunie, suzy, nor evelyn like it going buy their reactions, but they never told tammi she was wrong. my friends and i tell each other when were wrong good friends should be able to disagree with each other without guilt.

5. ruby Says:
    May 29th, 2012 at 4:57 pm

She is so stupid

6. Donna Says:
    May 29th, 2012 at 6:08 pm

I agree with many people that the show should change or be taken off the air. Evelyn and Tami are bullies and have no control of themselves.

7. Brenda Sampson Says:
    May 29th, 2012 at 7:22 pm

I have been very upset…Evelyn, Tammi, Shaunie, Tattletail Suzie are the problem. all of the women are afraid of the 2 villian because they are violent, ignorant, and self righteous Bulleys. It is ashame that they profit from our watching. The one I am disappointed in is Shaunie. She wont standup for anyone but those she-devils. They are AN sad and shameless.

8. louise ellis Says:
    May 29th, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Tammi and Evelyn should leave the show they are bullies and I think when you put your hands on someone or throw stuff you should go

9. Brenda Sampson Says:
    May 29th, 2012 at 7:34 pm

I agree with everyone except what was said about Royce. Atleast she has grown up.

10. Lockdchocolate Says:
    May 29th, 2012 at 7:40 pm

I agree that Tami and Evelyn are bullies I also agree that Shaunie has been an insigator to some of the disagreements. I think that Suzie is a two-faced flunky.I also believe that all of this drama is not completely just the doing of these women who clearly could use therapy but the network and the distrubution company. We can easily put all the blame of Shaunie and say it’s her fault but we leave out VH1 and Viacom who are also a major factor in who and what is allowed on the show…This becomes a question of morality now but let’s not put all the blame of the puppets don’t forget there is someone else pulling the strings…ijs

11. Lanice Says:
    May 29th, 2012 at 7:52 pm

I vow to NEVER watch this show again due to Tami’s behavior.. And shame on Shaunie for not speaking up on what Tami did to that poor girl. I can’t BELIEVE how they are portraying black women on tv.. So terribly sad.

12. Tyra Says:
    May 29th, 2012 at 11:38 pm

To be honest, Kenya is stupid for not noticing the fish smell in the first place. It was rotting in her room for days! Freaking Shaunie noticed the smell as soon as Kenya opened the door. And so what if Royce is mad. She chose not to go on the trip so she doesn’t really have room to say anything really about the whole. As much as I like Tami and Evelyn, they went overboard this season. And to be honest, I highly doubt that some online petition is going to be able to kick Tami (or Evelyn for that matter) off the show. Let’s be real, their antics bring a lot of ratings to the show, so it would actually be a poor choice to boot them.

13. ann Says:
    May 30th, 2012 at 6:00 am

Both Evelyn and Tami are lunatics,who need mental help.

14. Sophie Says:
    May 30th, 2012 at 10:50 am

Both Tami and Evelyn acted like bullies. These women need to grow up. They act like the girls in the school I work at. Gesh. Isn’t there positive things these (so called BB wives) do besides act like idiots on tv.

15. vicky7 Says:
    May 30th, 2012 at 11:45 am

To the people who commented and agreed with the dead fish in kenya’s room -did the intelligent thought ever crossed your mind that she may have lost her sense of smell or have sinus problems-most people do-BUT whether or not she smelled or didn’t smell -IT WAS WRONG-#1 that destruction of hotel property & way disrespectful-NO ONE DESERVED that-she came for a great vacation NOT stupid high school pranks with 40+ yr olds -so I question you who agree -really?

16. charlotte Says:
    May 30th, 2012 at 11:54 am

what I don’t get about tami, is that last season, evelyn was treating her like the none m-f factor and now they best friends,give me a break. Tami is where Jenn was, its so sad, I get so mad because I wish I could come thru the tv and slap suzie, keshia, kenya, evelyn, jen, tami & shaunie-who just ignored all this, to get the ratings boosted up. Its highschool all over this show should be call the mean gurls of basketball and not basketball wives. theres not a married basketball wive on there is there. wow so sad ladies!

17. suzie Says:
    May 30th, 2012 at 12:51 pm

i think tammi is flat out disgusting!! her and EV CONTRADICT THEMSELVES LIKE CRAZY! TAMI SAID SHE HAS NO RESPECT FOR PPL WHO GET LAWYERS/COPS INVOLVED IN SITUATIONS..WASNT SHE THE ONE THREATNING TO SUE EV LAST SEASON OVER THOSE STUPID SHIRTS? EV ACTING LIKE SHE CARED WHEN JEN WAS CALLING NIA NAMES? ISNT SHE ALWAYS CALL EVERYONE BUM BITCH? DOESNT SHE HAVE A SHIRT OUT THAT SAY NON MOTHERFING FACTOR? WASNT SHE MAKING FUN OF WHATS HER NAMES HEELS? ISNT SHE ALWAYS MAKING FUN OF ROYCES CLOTHES? I HATE WEN PPL CALL JEN FAKE! WHATS SO FAKE ABOUT HER? SHE NEVER SAID SHE WAS INNOCENT SHE HUST DIDNT F#$k guys on national t.v! she knows how to keep some things private..i dont see whats so fake about that!

18. malty Says:
    May 30th, 2012 at 2:47 pm

this comment is about how some of these guys chase after these women, and dont take care of there children,look at dennis rodman , the money he made, and also terrel owens, and many more,players; its a shame and disgrace, take care of your children, that god sent to you to love and care for, and forget about those people that just want your money.

19. Tina Says:
    May 30th, 2012 at 3:51 pm

I’m not watching anymore. I think the entire “Circle” are nothing but bullies and self righteous. The part I love is that now, after standing back and let Tami and Evelyn go after her supposed friends, that she’s trying to say that she’s better then them. She wants to seperate herself from the gheto hood rats? I’d say she was their queen.

20. Della Says:
    May 30th, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Yes, Tami Roman went too far in the way she handled the “Keisha” situation. Everyone knows that Tami likes to play the take-no, hold-no punches woman in front of the camera but she seems to pick battles she “thinks” she can win. The show has gone down but, I would like to give the ladies one more year to show that they can be dignified in the way they handle their conflicts. After all these years, I believe they deserve that much. The only person I would suggest leaving is Jennifer. I am so tired of hearing that dry, whinning, “I didn’t do anything” voice! It’s so irritating. Evelyn, I love her personality. She’s been showing such a softer side to her but, as we all know, she’ll come with it, when necessary.

21. Veronica Says:
    May 30th, 2012 at 6:00 pm

I will not watch this show if Tammi and Evelyn, return point blank. Enough is enough.

22. Lamar Says:
    May 30th, 2012 at 7:08 pm

How desperately sad for grown women “with children” to think it’s okay to act this way. Exactly how do you teach your children to respect anything you do or say. You don’t have to be a genius to figure out why all these “broads” are alone. There is a name for people who sell themselves for the pleasure of others.

23. ann e Says:
    May 31st, 2012 at 6:09 am

Tammi and Evelyn have always been violent These 2 cause all the drama…Every trip Tami ruined Spain,Italy,now Bora Bora…Tami should have been arrested for hitting Meeka in the face in Italy..Would Evelyn be laughing is someone put dead fish in her Shoe store.

24. lisa Says:
    May 31st, 2012 at 9:57 pm

I like the show,i think that some of the women have some issues,and it just over spilled out on the show,i don’t think it should be canceled,give it another shot,and if it continues to go in the same directions then mabe changes should be made.I personally like evelyn,she speakes the truth,some of the new ladies should’nt jump in so quick to judge.Don’t get me wrong i don’t condone violence,in any way but its to bad that pinned up issues unfolded on the show,like it did.I

25. lisa Says:
    May 31st, 2012 at 10:06 pm

I don’t in any way condone violence,evelyn is the reason i watch,i don’t think she’s the problem,i think because on the situation with her so called best friend jennifer,just unfold on the show,it doese’nt make her a bullie,because she speakes her mind.Tami has so issues as she has admitted.it seems to be alot of pinned up issues ,and just so happened to end up on the show,i hate to see it go off the air because of that,royce just did’nt fit in and suzie,be a friend but watch out for the out come of loose lips,jennifer not a good friend,or a true on.

26. Not Surprised Says:
    June 1st, 2012 at 8:19 am

Shaunie, Evelyn and Tami… all beyond words -and I don’t mean good ones! Based upon their conduct, Ev and Tami aren’t even worth discussing. I don’t know why some people seem to be surprised at Shaunie… I’ll bet Shaq’s not! What possible fake dignity can she muster after going in with that so-called fish “prank” against Kenya. I’m not even a Kenya fan, but I wouldn’t dream of something like that. That’s only a “prank” or joke when done against a beloved friend who appreciates your humor. Otherwise it’s an act of WAR! Shaunie knows this. I just wonder what possessed her to think this would be a sexy look for her!??!

27. Heavenly Vanilla Says:
    June 1st, 2012 at 9:25 am

First of all…all these women are too old to be fighting like they are 15 years old..these are MOTHERS…what kind of example are they showing there own daughters. Tami is Bipolor, she has serious issues and needs medication. Evelyn needs to shut up and decide which side of the fence she wants to play on…Susie is one of those people that wants to be everybody’s friend because she is scared shitless of somebody beating her up. Royce is afraid of being alone, that’s why she dates little boys, Jennifer “The Princess” gets on my nerves and needs to learn to be a normal person and stop thinking she is “All That” and Shaunie…get off your high horse and stop being someone you are not…that’s why your husband left you. All these women need to act their age..and grow up!!

28. gwen Says:
    June 1st, 2012 at 9:24 pm

negative show…take it off the air…shaunie is a fake…ev and tami are bullies…jen was a bullie and follower…and susie a real dumb follower….i hate basketball wives and all these shows that put others down to make themselves feel good.

29. Julian Says:
    June 2nd, 2012 at 9:42 am

Tammi and Evelyn should be kicked off the show. Evelyn has fought with everyone on the show except Shaunie. Tammi and Evelyn are real down to earth bullies who need lots of help and not just one day help. We teach our kids not to be bullies because we don’t want to see them being bullied. How old are you? You both have kids. I don’t blame Jen for getting a lawyer. Who would want to be in a fight every time they are out in public. Bad Show especially for Black Women. Shame on you Shaunie…. Tammi and Evelyn – grow up be ladies at least act like ladies and not teenagers….

30. vell Says:
    June 3rd, 2012 at 2:31 pm

I think Shaunie, Evelyn, Tami and Suzy should be ashamed of themselves
    1. Shaunie for calling these women her friends but not telling them when they are WRONG
    2. Evelyn – a jealous hearted bully
    3. Tami – a mean bully who needs THERAPY
    4. Suzy – a spineless two-faced bitch

31. Kibbet Says:
    June 3rd, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Evelyn tries to be the queen bee, when she speaks everyone should listen and when she`s finished you can leave. The whole trip was a conspiracy.
    From putting fish guts in Kenya`s room to trying
    to rehash a conversation with Jennifer and condemn
    another`s line of cosmetics-is ALL SO Juvenile!!
    This is so not right! I am so glad that I don`t
    associate with ghetto females like that. It`s sad that they cannot agree to disagree and be role models for their daughters and others. Tami is a lost cause in a old fools world!!!

Comments