Is Kesha Nichols Returning To ‘Basketball Wives’?

June 07, 2012 07:00 AM by Shayla Perry

It’s been a hellish first season for Basketball Wives newcomer Kesha Nichols…to say the least. After getting into it with fellow newbie Kenya Bell, and being bullied by Tami Roman in Tahiti, we’re surprised she even bothered doing the Reunion Show, because clearly, she’s not about this life (for the record, she was contractually obligated to show up). But with promises of a “more balanced” season should the show return to VH1, will Kesha be on board?

“I’ve had a conversation with Royce [Reed] about doing another season if the show comes back, and I don’t know why I would,” Nichols tells VH1. “I’m never going to film with Kenya again, I’m never going to film with Tami again, so what purpose would I serve? I’m not about this life, so why would they want me to come back?”

For those who think that leaving the show makes it look as though she’s running away, Kesha says, “No, it looks like I’m removing myself from a negative situation. Because, clearly, not saying anything doesn’t work. This has definitely been a learning experience for me and I’m not going to let it break my spirit. I can make something positive out of anything, but it’s definitely been very hard.”

What do you think RTVM: Should Kesha Nichols return to Basketball Wives? Would you rather keep Kesha, if it means losing Tami and Kenya? Sound off in the Comments section below.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality Television and then come and discuss the show on our Reality TV message boards.

Visit our sister site SheKnows for more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment!

Photo courtesy of VH1

Topics: Basketball Wives, VH1 Reality TV Shows |

17 Responses to “Is Kesha Nichols Returning To ‘Basketball Wives’?”

1. 4celestialstat Says:
    June 7th, 2012 at 7:46 am

Tammie is a HUGE bully with mental problems!!!! Dont go back to that show.

2. Kay Says:
    June 7th, 2012 at 9:57 am

Tami should go to REHAB…..for both drinking and being a bully no one likes to be treated that way, and “Mrs. Ocho should just go get married and figure out who her man is hanging out with. Jen needs to act like her self and stop trying to be someone else!

3. marie Says:
    June 8th, 2012 at 10:06 am

I wouldn’t return to the show if I were Keisha. The women (or girls on that show) are so immature and unlady like. I use to like Tami but now she is just an unhappy person to me. Evelyn gets way too emotional over silly stuff, Tami thinks she is strong but she is weak (it takes more self control to walk away from a confrontation than it does to yell and scream and want to fight), Suzy does what everyone wants her to do so no one will be mad at her, Kenya is just a wannabe, Shaunie fronts like she has something in common with these women and she doesn’t, Jennifer is self absorbed, and Keisha needs to get over the fact that she is biracial. The only person that I like on the show is Royce. Never thought that she would be the most level headed of all of them. I use to love this show but each season as gotten ridicules. I wouldn’t be watching next season. Black women already have a bum wrap. These girls make it worse.

4. star Says:
    June 9th, 2012 at 8:40 am

Kesha needs to move on to a classier forum. Shaunie is the devil and a rich hoodrat who cannot offer anything classy.

5. tammy Says:
    June 9th, 2012 at 8:11 pm

What ever would make Keisha comfortable I think taht is what she should do. She is right removing herself from the conflict seem to ignite very dangerous behavior from some of the cast mates. (Tammy) in particular. Even though she may lose out on some cash, does it really pay to sell your soul to the devil? I wish Keisha well.

6. EloiseM Says:
    June 10th, 2012 at 12:11 am

ABSOLUTELY NO!!!! This women should not return to BW. She is a cowardly troublemaker. I say this because she acts afraid in front of someone then talks PLENTY SMACK IN HER PERSONAL INTERVIEW. This kind of behavior gets you in a lot of trouble. It makes her look retarded. Also she places too much emphasizes on her ethinicity. Now a days “Who cares?” She also takes any little mole hill and attempts to make it into a mountain. If she was involved with a basketball player and did not make it to the altar,then she is just looking for opportunities to get rich quick on Shaunie’s dime (as Fake Royce would say). I get the feeling that she is deliberately trying to make the other women look bad or worse by doing the things she does. She is in short a trouble making fake. IMO

7. realityslayer Says:
    June 10th, 2012 at 9:56 am

Keisha should not return. Ghetto hot mess is definitely not for her.

8. veshti Says:
    June 11th, 2012 at 9:41 am

Keisha I know how Tami, Evelyn and Shaunie tried to punk you and humiliate you, that is not acceptable. You need to return simply to show them that you can be present on basketball wives without being in their presence. Kenya would never had been a problem if Tami, Evelyn and Shaunie didn’t provoke her. Kenya was trying to fit in just as you were and you both turned on each other, for no good reason. That is what happens when you are around a bunch of trouble-making women with no real purpose in life.Be like Royce choose the situations you want to be in.

9. Krazylegz Says:
    June 11th, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Kesha , clearly didn’t understand what she had
    done to spark that entire mess ,but she all of a sudden
    had some spunk on the reunion. SMH!! Yell out loud
    SCARY!!!!!!!!

10. Rhonda Tracey Says:
    June 11th, 2012 at 8:22 pm

R U Serious, return for what, as a matter of fact she can take Kenya and Royce with her!!! Kenya is clearly a wanna B, in that 1980′s fashion!!! And lord Royce… Did she suck her thumb as a child!!! Girl Keisha run , and keep running, cause black, white, or other!! U r out of ur league!!! U r clearly not cut out to even be here!!!

11. Joyce Says:
    June 11th, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Keisha should not return. She should not want to be around immature girls who are there for the money. And that includes Shaunie who wants them to behave so she can continue to receive her paycheck.

12. maggiemae Says:
    June 12th, 2012 at 5:14 am

That big obnoxious bully Tami is absolutely the most horrible thing I have ever seen on television. My sister asked me if it was worst that Housewives of ATL, and I told her 50 times worse because of that horrible ugly Tami. Who is her stylist. Fire them. That big junky flee market necklace she wore on the reunion was horrible but it fits a welfare tramp like her. On the reunion she still tried to turn the negative on Keisha. Shauni needs to stop being afraid and fire that peice of mess.

13. cabbie Says:
    June 12th, 2012 at 8:27 am

I really surpise at Vh1 for allowing Tami to contine on the show. We have children killing themselves over the bullying going on in this country right now. Tami states it was not bully, I say run the tapes. Is the show waiting for Tami to seriously hurt someone before putting a stop to this kind of abuse on the show. Believe me it’s hard to watch. Tami has been on other reality shows (real world) and from the look of things, nothing has changed. Tami needs serious help! Kesha should stay only if Tami goes.

14. Mommytb Says:
    June 12th, 2012 at 9:40 am

I would you rather keep Kesha, if it means losing Tami and Kenya!

15. Shel Says:
    June 13th, 2012 at 12:28 am

It is disgusting to see grown women behaving so abominably to each other and on national television.
    Keesha, thank you for keeping it dignified. If they have no sense of decency and manners and believe in such pitiful unbridled violent displays you should walk away.
    As for Tami and Evelyn saying they are sorry and that is supposed to make it okay – what kind of serious idiots are you?!?!?! Maybe in your world people do that, but not in the real one. Heaven help us all if that is acceptable!
    But pehaps most disappointing is Shauni. While I am not a fan of Jennifer and wonder why she is there still there, I am disgusted at Shauni expecting that it is okay to be violent, to be so unnecessarily aggressive, to have no qualms about being so violent towards others and then if someone apologizes – its fine!
    Such people are dangerous and while Jen obviously has her own issues she needs to quietly go and work out, I was so disappointed to see that you would even expect a simple apology to be acceptable after such behavior.

Disappointing at best.
    Not a program that is even worth changing the channel for anymore.

16. Tedyo Says:
    June 19th, 2012 at 8:26 pm

No, she should ot return. She seems like a really nice girl, and she was just plain ol’ bullied on that show. I was so turned off by Tami’s behavior that I doubt I’ll watch it again.

17. Junior Says:
    June 20th, 2012 at 7:21 am

I think Keisha is doing the right thing by moving on, Tami is a bully and Shaunie is classy enough to put Tami & Evelyn in their place. What happen in Tahiti was a huge embarrassment to the show and these ladies. Bulling is something that we are all trying to overcome and not promote. You steal purse and go to the room beating on the door using profanity. Tami told Keisha “you are not getting your purse back”. Shaunie the wrong three women are leaving the show, surely somewhere in your mind you are aware of that. Sometimes its not all about the ratings, but its more about the positive image you show the world. Too some people you all are role models, and if everyone in this world was like Tami, Evelyn & Suzie, then this “WORLD” would be in a bad place.

Comments