June 13, 2012 12:00 PM by Shayla Perry

Is Tami Roman a bully? Maybe. But the Basketball Wives star says that viewers of the VH1 reality show should be careful when calling her out for her behavior….

“I’m fine with the criticism,” Tami tells VH1 backstage at the Basketball Wives Reunion, making it clear that she isn’t phased by all of the hate, despite what some media outlets have reported.

“I think what you’re referring to is an interview I did and that article was totally misconstrued in terms of what I actually said,” Roman explains. “My exact words during that interview were that people have a lot of criticism with regard to us and how things are shown and they’re making statements that we’re bullies, but if they really think about it, they’re actually doing the one thing they despise and that they’re chastising us about.

“To be on Twitter and Facebook and blogs every day saying something negative, that’s a form of bullying,” Tami continues. “I wasn’t saying I’m affected. I think everyone has a right to their opinion. My specific comment was you can’t throw stones when you live in a glass house.”

What do you think RTVM? Do you agree with Tami? Are the comments from viewers a form of bullying? Sound off below.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality Television and then come and discuss the show on our Reality TV message boards.

Visit our sister site SheKnows for more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment!

Photo courtesy of VH1

Topics: Basketball Wives, VH1 Reality TV Shows |

28 Responses to “Tami Roman’s Message To All The Haters: “You Can’t Throw Stones When You Live In A Glass House””

1. EloiseM Says:
    June 13th, 2012 at 12:34 pm

THANK YOU TAMI!!!!!! And I am so happy you are not affected by the negative comments that are made. I love watching you.

2. Sly Minx Says:
    June 13th, 2012 at 1:43 pm

No, I don’t agree. Tami, once again you are looking for a scapegoat. The feedback that you received is in response to your despicable behavior. Stop trying to blame editing for what they show. They can’t show what you don’t give them. One little tired drink does not impair a person to the extent that you took it. You chose to intimidate someone in a public forum, then try to manipulate viewers. There isn’t enough hair or make up to cover up that evil spirit of yours. You will probably consider this comment to be a form of bullying too, but guess what? It’s just the truth. (and you know what they say…) And here’s a little bit more “truth”…You need more help, honey. Keep working at it.

3. ann Says:
    June 13th, 2012 at 7:33 pm

tammi admit you are a bully did you not watch yourself taken the girls purse going through her phone. I’m pretty sure one of the other girls would have taken her purse to her without threats
    also did u not want to sue evelyn before for some shirts. your always starting fights with i’m just so honest tell me in my face YOU DON’T GIVE ANYONE A CHANCE.AND YOU TRY TO BE SO SMOOTH LOOK AT YOUR EYES WHEN YOU WERE TALKING TO KESHA EVEN THE DEVIL WOULD RUN.

4. TJS Says:
    June 13th, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Tami, you try to make it seem like everyone believes all your castmates are being called a bully along with you. You know who we mean when we all say BULLY and you know that the BULLY IS YOU TAMI ROMAN. Tami is not sorry and will always treat people she doesn’t like in the same horrible manner because she truly doesn’t think it is bulling. Tami just doesn’t get it. Shame on you Tami. I feel bad for her daughters. I don’t blame thhem for being ashamed of their mom. Very sad.

5. Cianna Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 12:37 am

I love the show however, it’s hard to condone the behavior that Tami exhibits towards anyone who chooses to voice their opinion. It’s as shame that she displays that type of ignorance and double standard attitude. Its rediculous how Tami feels that she can discuss her dislikes with her friends and in her interviews about other women but God forbid that anyone else discuss their dislikes about Tami. She then has the nerve to try to justify her actions. Tami you need to grow up and take a look at the episodes and stop being a bully. You do no justice for black women at all.

6. TAMI SHOULD BE FIRED Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 8:45 am

Why is this evil creature still on the show. It is quite apparent that she has some form of mental illness.

She started out jealous of Evelyn and then she moved on to her other victims each season. Come on the woman is off her rocker.

Have you notice she mimics Evelyn and whatever she says, pathetic. Go back to the hole you crawled out of and never come back.

7. Sherangel Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 8:51 am

We’ll Tammi, give yourself a pat on the back. You fulfilled your mission by having Jennifer, Kesha and Royce not renew for another season because they handled themselves (this season)as mature, educated younng ladies and “refused” to stoop to you, Shaunie, Evelyn and Suzie level.

To: Royce,Kesha and Jennifer consider being let go as a “BLESSING!!!” God has plans for you (I know!!)and so many “doors are going up for you guys. Remember to allways him his glory.

Tami,Shaunie (who played her pastor, that’s low), Evelyn and Suzie…may God have mercy on your souls.

8. E Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 11:03 am

Yes everyone on here is a bully just like they say Tami is. If you are calling her names and being plan disrepectful you are too being a bully which you say Tami is doing. wrongs don;t make a right and jsut beacause Tami bullied someone does that give you the right to bully Tami. Keisha needs to take up for herslef and not let people bully her. Andf stop depending on the work to fight her battles. Not saying that waht Tami did is right but like she said the message she was giving was accurate. Kiesha staop talking about people behind thier backs. Get a back bone and people won’t treat you like that.

9. Carter Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 11:53 am

So first Tami apologizes and now she’s rationalizing her behavior and pointing the blame at VIEWERS???? Wow, she’s gone from fun to completely delusional. Some ppl DO HAVE LIVES but took the time to RIGHTFULLY call you out about your disgusting behavior. You are on national television with two teenage daughters at home bullying another grown woman. You seem to love to throw your hands up and get bold – I’d love to see you try that with one of my female relatives …. Ha!

10. Shocked Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 1:08 pm

@Sherangel…

So, they’re letting go of Kesha, Royce and Jennifer, huh? The three women who were at “odds” with the “mean girls club members”. I had already decided not to watch next season. The only reason I would have watched would have been because these 3 would have been on the show. So VH1 just made it easier now. What does any of the others have going for themselves? They go to breakfast, lunch, dinner, trips, they cuss and fights. It’s hilarious that they could only point out 3 positive things that happened this season. Three (3) out of a whole season (mammograms, birthday party and Royce’s play). That’s it. Interesting, very interesting…

11. Heather Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Tami, you truely need help. I cant believe why anyone would want to work with or do any type of business with you. The only fans you have are other low budget, uneducated, no self respect having should be on welfare but got hit in the head with luck females. You are a joke and a shame. Spend some of that money you are making on some prozac.

12. marie Says:
    June 15th, 2012 at 4:45 am

Tami, most people don’t live in a glass house, but you choose too when you signed up for “Reality TV”. You decided to put your life and bad behavior on display for the world to see for “profit”. So stop with all the excuses and stop blaming everyone else for the way we see you. The image you display is a raging lunatic and then you get mad when people call it like they see it. If you can’t handle your life being on display, then get out of the spotlight. If you want positive feed back, then put out a positive image. It is as simple as that!!!!

13. MARIE Says:
    June 15th, 2012 at 5:03 am

Tami you moron…. we the viewers with an opinion don’t live in a glass house, but you do the minute you signed on to do “Reality TV” and put your life on display. In case you didn’t know it that camera following you around was your glass house. Unfortunately what you allowed the camera to see is that you keep a filthy, nasty house. We did not see a house in order, but instead a bunch of junk and clutter that represents your life. So if you don’t want your neighbors and passers by commenting on the condition of your house, pull down the shades.

14. Dishgirl Says:
    June 15th, 2012 at 6:20 am

Tami, get a grip! You more than likely are heading down the road of alcoholism, considering your behavior towards Keisha on the island. You are a grown women, PLEASE START ACTING LIKE ONE. Why does everyone always refer to people who comment on their ‘in the public’ behavior as haters. As a professional black woman, no one is hating, just commenting on what you ghetto hood rats are putting out for us to see! You ever think that the negative comments would not be forthcoming if you didn’t behave as a BULLY???

15. sherry Says:
    June 15th, 2012 at 8:29 am

While then Bully, You should take your own advice when you get up in the morning and before you open that trap you call a mouth! I wouldn’t hire you to sell air! you and your buddies deserve each other! You get someone you call a friend fired because your behavior! God don’t like ugly ! What comes around comes around! Your day coming and ain’t nobody going to feel sorry for you!

16. Kawana Williams Says:
    June 15th, 2012 at 9:28 am

CHILE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! If you shouldn’t throw stones while living in a glass house, then YOU, TAMI ROMAN, need to keep your mouth GLUED shut. You’ve been contradictory ever since you LEARNED the definition of a bully; the fact that you’re reacting to the accusations/truths lets me FURTHER know that you ARE affected. If you weren’t, you wouldn’t be so quick to defend the un-defendable. Let’s be CRYSTAL clear: whether you’d like to admit it or not, YOU ARE A BULLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whether or are working on changing that or not at this point is no longer a concern. The fact that you keep adamently denying the truth is what bothers us the most. So, before you start accusing folk of throwing stones in dangerous territory, how about you learn how to PAD your territory, lest you break your OWN windowns. #ijs

17. Cynthia Winters Says:
    June 15th, 2012 at 11:36 am

Tami you are a hypocritical, immature, subhuman, Ebonics-spewing skank and a disgrace to all women. What a shameful example you set for your daughters will think it is all right to threaten to hit someone who disagrees with them or has a different opinion. You are a card-carrying hoodrat and the most ghetto thing I’ve ever seen on television. If there were any justice, you would be in jail with a bunch of butch-looking females waiting to “welcome” you. Let’s see how tough you would be then. You ARE a bully, and just like all bullies, you are really a coward because you pick on people you know won’t stand up to your big weave-wearing moose ass. Someone should have knocked you on your ass a long time ago, it might have made you a better person, you skank.

18. tanrah43 Says:
    June 15th, 2012 at 8:23 pm

We are not haters we are outraged parents trying to raise our children in this decadent society. You, Shaunie, Evelyn, & Suzie are poor examples of womanhood for our young ladies to emulate. I throwing a brick !!!!

19. lol Says:
    June 16th, 2012 at 3:53 am

good luck to all of them. please remember to use the platform you were blessed to be given for positive things

20. EloiseM. Says:
    June 16th, 2012 at 9:47 am

TAMI ROMAN, I am in your corner. I appreciate the “What you see is what you get” type of person you are. If more people would be truthful with themselves, they could then be truthful with OTHERS. The people commenting in such a nagative fashion on this and other blogs are the REAL BULLIES. Either that, or they are just plain deaf and blind. Not being able to comprehend what is truly being said could be another factor also. I would not try to appease them if I was you. Continue growing and making your own decisions. You came to the decision you WANTED theraphy, because you decided you didn’t like you at that point. Well done. Now if everybody else faced their demons, did something about them and stopped trying to pass them off on celebrities; then world would be a better place. People would grow, become prosperous, be happy. Best wishes to you my friend in spirit.

21. Stone Says:
    June 16th, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Sadly, Tami’s “heart-filled” anger and rage directed toward others has turned inward and attacked her (i.e., heart attack). Karma?!?!

22. Stephanie Says:
    June 17th, 2012 at 8:34 pm

I just don’t understand why Tami thinks no one can say a word about her. What Kesha said was nothing to get upset about. She DID make herself look bad and she knows she has anger issues so she has makes herself look back often. The fact that Kesha said she could have went off on her but she couldn’t have made her look any worse than she made herself look did not warrant her behavior, and even though she already apologized for going about it the wrong way, she fails to realize that, that is the reason that she is being called a bully. Just for having the nerve to treat someone that way. Everyone does not have her hard core personality and Kesha would have taken up for herself had she been talked to like a human being. Never could Tami have talked to me that way, she would have had a challenge on her hands, but I know that everyone is not like me and I respect that. She preys on weakness. She knows who to act that way with and who not to.

23. Sheri Says:
    June 18th, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Sadly, the “heart-filled” anger and rage that Tami directs toward others has turned inward and attacked her (i.e., heart attack). Karma?!

24. betty Says:
    June 18th, 2012 at 10:53 pm

The really sad thing about this is, the ladies that acted a damn fool will remain on the show. The women that tried to conduct themselves as ladies will be fired. So the mean girls and the bully win. This is so disturbing to me. VH1 actually kept the ppl that kept up the mess. With this being said we really need to understand that they want women of what every color to act stupid. If you conduct yourself with class and refuse to stoop that low BAM your fired. SAD! SAD!SAD!

25. JayJay Says:
    June 20th, 2012 at 7:59 am

Tami… Your a Bully! You can say what ever comes to your mind about the situation, and how people are blogging negative comments. I don’t read other people blogs, but the fact is your a bully and a negative person. You have kids of your own, is that really how you want them to act as adults. I hear your half story about you being violated as a young child, but your not the only one that was violated, find jesus and make peace with yourself, and stop using it as a way out or a way for people to understand you. More of us been through the same situation as a youngster, but we don’t go around setting it off just because in “your world” thats the only thing you know. Truth be told, every season of Basketball Wives you get into a altercation with somebody, look in the mirror and start questioning yourself.

26. cynthia n Says:
    June 20th, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Well. I guess I won’t be watching this show next season.

27. Princess Says:
    July 9th, 2012 at 7:30 pm

I won’t tell Suzie the time. I don’t know these women missed her mess. She just kept it rolling. I probaly got shoes older then some of y’all’s friends and let me tell you what my few true friends do with me. They call me on my wrong stuff and encourage me on my good stuff. And let me tell you they are sure good to have around, cause the last thing I want is to be cuttin da damn fool and nobody cares enough about me to pull my collar and say “Baby girl you was dead wrong and don’t do that anyone, you too pretty to act that ugly”. I’m out!!!

28. kimtallen@hotmail.come Says:
    September 10th, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Royce keisha and Jennifer should get there own show Tammi is. Bully who took pleasure out of belittling Royce and Keisha nd she stole Keisha purse out of spite if someone stole my belonging they would be no lines drawn someone should have pressed charges on Tammi for acting that way in and not blame Keisha or Royce or Jennifer for standing for them selves team Jackie BBw la at least they offer something different

Comments