June 14, 2012 01:30 PM by Melissa Stavarski
ABC announced in May that the next installment of Dancing with the Stars will feature an all-star cast for the first time ever. The news shocked… nobody! Since past contestant Mario Lopez had already spilled the beans on live TV a few weeks earlier. Mario Lopez said on Monday that he will not be joining the all-stars cast, claiming to be too busy.
On Live! With Kelly, Mario Lopez slipped, “They’re doing a Dancing With the Stars: All-Stars this next season. They called me to do it.” This was a few weeks before the official announcement from ABC. The Extra co-host told TVGuide.com on Monday, ”I’m really busy, so I don’t think I’ll be able to do it.”
Is he really too busy? Or did ABC retract their invitation to Lopez? He prematurely leaked the news of the much-anticipated all-star season and talking about casting is a big no-no for all involved in the hit show. Did ABC put him in time out for being naughty?
When asked about joining the all-stars cast, Mario adds, “I don’t watch the show and didn’t even watch when I was on it. My mom wanted me to do it.” This statement, also to TVGuide.com, sounds a little too much like he’s taking his dancing shoes and going home because he doesn’t want to play their stupid game anyway, much like something you’d hear on the playground.
What do you think RTVM? Is Mario Lopez too busy or too bitter? Are you bummed Mario Lopez won’t be returning to Dancing with the Stars?
Visit our sister site SheKnows for more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment!
Photo credit: MTV
Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, Dancing With the Stars |
« The Bachelor Producer Disses Reality TV, Says Most Shows Are Rigged | Home | Carrie Underwood Is A Proud Supporter Of Gay Marriage – Thanks To Her Marriage »