Basketball Wives’ Evelyn Lozada and Jennifer Williams: Where Do They Stand Now?

June 15, 2012 09:33 AM by Shayla Perry

It was the Basketball Wives Reunion moment that shocked us all — a hug between former BFF’s Evelyn Lozada and Jennifer Williams?! But was the semi kiss and make-up session just for the VH1 cameras, or have the two actually started on the path to reconciliation? We’ve got all the details after the jump.

As fans we’ve watched their friendship spiral out of control on VH1′s Basketball Wives, to the point where the ladies were hardly able to be in the same room without someone getting yelled at or smacked (and that someone was usually Jenn). But how have things been between Evelyn Lozada and Jennifer Williams since they hugged it out on the reunion show?

“I sent her an email just letting her know that I meant what I said on the reunion, I didn’t want her to think that it was just a reunion stunt, and she responded, she wished me a Happy Mother’s Day, and we said we would talk, and that was the last of it because I’ve been all over the place,” Evelyn tells VH1, admitting, “We haven’t spoken since then.”

Although she’s not opposed to them keeping in touch, the future Mrs. Ochocinco says that she’s “just taking things one day at a time,” with Jenn. “It’s still a sticky situation with everything else that’s going on, so I’m just not doing anything.”

That “everything else” would include Williams’ current lawsuit against Evelyn’s friend and assistant, Nia Crooks. But despite all of the drama (and there was a LOT of it), Lozada says that she’s happy that she and Jenn were able to find peace at the reunion…even if it’s only temporary.

“I didn’t think that that was what would happen, but I’m also glad and relieved and it was a load off,” says Evelyn. “And it also shows that we can be grown adults and women and move past it. We can fight, argue, whatever, and then bury the hatchet.”

Will Evelyn and Jenn ever be able to mend their friendship? Should they keep trying? Sound off in the Comments section below.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality Television and then come and discuss the show on our Reality TV message boards.

Visit our sister site SheKnows for more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment!

Photo courtesy of VH1

Topics: Basketball Wives, VH1 Reality TV Shows |

15 Responses to “Basketball Wives’ Evelyn Lozada and Jennifer Williams: Where Do They Stand Now?”

1. Jenelle Says:
    June 15th, 2012 at 1:42 pm

They should definitely get over it. Life is too short!

2. g.g Says:
    June 15th, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Who cares whether they make up or not it was all badly staged by Shaunie ; it is too little too late. Jennifer was supposed to play along with a woman that wanted to kick her ass every time she laid eyes on her; and it was because of what she said about Chad Ocho Cinco the media whore himself. Jennifer needs to leave Evelyn alone, she is too messy.

3. montra Says:
    June 15th, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Evelyn is too messy it is too bad that Jennifer is just now finding out what type a person she is. Evelyn used to talk about Jennifer’s husband when they were still supposedly together like a dog, but you say something about a man she hasn’t been with that long and she goes ballistic. Jennifer needs to chock that whole ordeal up to experience and move on. Not only does that bitch want your marriage to end, she wants you not to even have a job; that is what a friend will do for you.

4. EloiseM Says:
    June 16th, 2012 at 8:21 am

Wheras I’m happy Eve and Jen made up, even if temporarily; I would not not trust Jennifer much in the future if I was Evelyn. Jennifer is jealous of Evelyn, PERIOD. She really wants to be Evelyn, so in her attempt at independence from the group, she lashed out at Evelyn the most. Even with Evelyn marring Ocho, he’s a better catch than Jennifer ever had. From looks on up to achievements. I’m happy Jennifer is trying to re-invent herself but she has to be careful. She is getting some bad advice from somewhere. YOU DON’T FORGET BRIDGES THAT BROUGHT ACROSS TROUBLED WATERS. Those bridges especially include Shaunie, Evelyn, Tami and most definitely Suzie. With the revealing of how Nia helped Jennifer, I now see Jennifer as a leach along with being an ungrateful person. I see why Eric treated her like he did. I feel kind of sorry for Jennifer also because she really wants to be REVELANT in the public’s eye; however she is coming off looking real bad and sad.

5. almondsoul Says:
    June 16th, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I watched the reunion show… question, why is Tami appearing to be the one who has all the answers when she is part of the problem- Tami indicated she wasn’t a bully and she did not bully Kesha; she indicated Kesha should stand up for herself- excuse me; that is a response a person who bullies others would say- she even tried to bully her in a so-called subtle way while on stage. I think she needs to re-up her counseling sessions, they don’t appear to be working- And Shaunie- her responses to the questions regarding the show, were rehearsed, but her excused regarding the people who have “judgements” against the show does not fly- She is just as much at fault for not being impartial, but also instigating some of the behavior that has happened. I believe Jennifer was an innocent person, as well as Kesha, and I believe they are being blamed for these so-called “classy” women jealousy and ignorance- it is so true- you can dress them up- but you can’t take the “ghetto” out of them.

6. Rita Says:
    June 16th, 2012 at 3:42 pm

If Jennifer wants to be like Evelyn she has a long way down to fall. At one time she looked like Evelyn’s flunky but she also appears to have grown up. I also believe that she is the type of lady who won’t have to depend on BBW to make a living. I think she has her own thing going on. From the looks of all the positive comments that she receives I think she is already pretty relevant.

7. ann e Says:
    June 17th, 2012 at 5:55 am

Evelyn is a piece of crap..And so are Tami,Suzi,and Shaunie.

8. Zola Morris Says:
    June 17th, 2012 at 5:45 pm

People let’s remember this is TV, just like a soap opera – let us not take this show so personal. I love the drama, but hopefully next season fighting and bullying is over.

9. KnoteeLdy Says:
    June 17th, 2012 at 8:21 pm

I think it is awful that they are axing Royce, Jen and Kesha. The three nicest ones on the show. I really mean it I am not watching any longer if they ax them.

You are keeping all of the problem makers. Let Shaunie leave the show if it is a personal matter berween Royce and her. They were mean to Royce when they went on the trip and she was included. They have dogged her since.

If VH1 goes along with the concept and doesn’t correct it before Season 5 it shows that all they want is to see the ghetto side of Black women. The ones they are keeping are truly a reflection of ghetto life and I will not sit and watch them try to be good next season.

Ciao BB Wives Season 5 = I will not watch a show that totally penalyzes good people.

10. Taj Says:
    June 18th, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Tami is the biggest liar. She seems to forget the crap she started. Anything that comes out of her mouth is 100 percent lies. I would not trust Evelyn, she talked Jen into growing some balls and when she did and those balls started falling on her head, she had a problem with it. Shauni is also a problem, she seems to just let the crap go on. I was so disappointed with her when she did nothing to help Kesha and that entire Tami ordeal. I am done with the show, bunch of drama that is so totally unnecessary….just because you have a little bit of money does not mean you have an ounce of class.

11. fiona Says:
    June 19th, 2012 at 5:34 am

Shaunie am so disappointed with you, u know the trouble makers but cant stand upto them. yo just cowardly and embarrassingly pretentious. come on, who are you really? if u produce that show then its yo duty to take care of the mess that you and yo so called girls created and to protect the innocent ones from yo crazy hungry and disillussioned mob u call real friends.

12. kQren Says:
    June 19th, 2012 at 9:13 pm

@ the end of the day, this is just television, but wow, if this is a mirror to any of our lives, then i want my mirror broke and mended! Tami and Shaunie can pretend they’re so grown if they want to, but they were so one-sided(Evelyn’s) it wasn’t funny! i mean really not funny! I concur w/ Jenn…”Shaunie, until you’ve been slapped up-side the head on national television, then shut your mouth!”…Now Nia wants to play victem..”REALLY!”…ok, so Jenn is not a fighter, so she did exactly what civilized people do, and was crusified for it! Oh well, Evelyn, take out your master-card and pay her legal fees cuz she was fighting for you, right? and if Jenn and Evelyn really made up, you can best believe that Evelyn will drop Nia like a hot potato and act like she just wants to love her cheatin, childish, ugly, simple-minded, double-minded, unstable husband and not be in the middle of it! I do believe the Shaunie is embarassed, but she needs to be! Kesha better get her a Smith and Wessin and blow Tami’s knee caps off if she is ever alone w/that cook cuz Tami was outta control on purpose cuz it wasnt that serious…Who is Tami that she can’t be talked about? I’m talking about her now, and i dare her to come to my house cuz i will show her how it gets down and how she wont be gettin up!

13. Mticketdancer Says:
    June 20th, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Yes, Evelyn and Jenn should make up and move on. I feel that Basketball Wives is getting rid of the wrong people. Tami has been trouble from the jump. Tami was trouble when she was on the Real World L.A. and she has been trouble ever since. She is not a respectable black woman and she really needs to do a reality check on her behavior. Tami needs her own reality show about 40 year olds behaving badly. Shame on you Basketball Wives for keeping Tami who should have been casted on Mob Wives Chicago!!

14. Tia Says:
    June 21st, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Kick Tammy mean @ss off. She doesn’t like being called a bully but she is. Evelyn and Jen need to make up, however Evelyn needs to control her hands. Ima miss Jen, and Royce showed to much emotion with her Dad, but that was real stuff I felt her pain. Susie diarrhea mouth, Kesha not built for the drama, Kenya stood up for herself and gained respect, good for her! Shaunie goes with the flow.
    Get another beast like Tammy so someone could be on her level.

15. AlwaysALady Says:
    July 14th, 2012 at 6:40 pm

I’ll say it like this: Life is too short, it’s great that they made up, but they don’t have to be each other’s bff’s anymore. Both of them can forgive each other and move on… neither one of them owes the other one more than that period.

Comments