June 20, 2012 10:00 AM by Lisa Princ

Sharon Osbourne, the sweet judge on America’s Got Talent recently broke down over the fact that her son, Jack Osbourne was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. However, Sharon, who fought her own battle with cancer in the past, is now confident that her son will overcome the disease since “Osbournes survive everything.” Read on for more from Sharon and the Osbourne clan!

Devastated. That is what Sharon Osbourne and her family were feeling when Jack Osbourne was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, but now, the family is certain that Jack will overcome the disease. Jack, who was diagnosed after he started having issues with his eyesight, recently told People Magazine: “It’s just one of those things you take as it comes. It’s all about your outlook.” While he may be more positive now, Jack Osbourne’s initial reaction was shock, and he could not understand why it was happening to him now, after he had just welcomed his first child into the world.

Sharon Osbourne, along with her husband Ozzy, were initially shocked by the diagnosis as well, and Sharon beat herself up over it. “I kept thinking, ‘what did I do wrong? What did I eat or drink when I was pregnant?’ I feel like it’s somehow my fault,” Sharon revealed in an interview. But now Sharon is certain that her son will overcome because she feels that “Osbournes are survivors,” adding of Jack: “He is so strong and so positive…and, yes, my son will conquer!”

Ozzy Osbourne on the other hand, is not so sure that the doctors have correctly diagnosed Jack. Ozzy explained: “I was misdiagnosed with MS a few years ago. It took them six months to work out I have a rare hereditary tremor called Parkin Syndrome.” Ozzy Osbourne would like Jack to undergo more testing to be sure that what he has is MS, and not something curable. Whether Jack will have more tests done or not has not been revealed, but one thing is certain – he is determined not to give up. “My life is far from over,” Jack concluded.

What do you think about Jack Osbourne’s multiple sclerosis diagnosis? Should he take his dad’s advice and get further testing done? Comment and share your thoughts with us below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: America’s Got Talent.

Visit our sister site SheKnows for more breaking news about celebrities andentertainment!

Photos courtesy of WENN!

Topics: America's Got Talent, NBC Reality TV Shows, Sharon Osbourne |

7 Responses to “Sharon Osbourne On Jack Osbourne’s Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis: “Osbournes Survive Everything””

1. Lance Says:
    June 20th, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I would want to look at x-rays of Jack’s neck & also see what his artificial sweetener intake is. Every case of MS I’ve seen has had advancing degeneration in their lower neck due to trauma or poor posture. Degeneration in the spine affects the nerve communication from the brain to the body and vice versa. Also, many cases of MS have improved, some completely, when the patient has quit drinking their diet sodas or other sources of artificial sweeteners. Worth investigating if it was me.

2. Laura Says:
    June 20th, 2012 at 2:44 pm

What tests have they done? I have MS and know the tests they make you go through before the diagnosis. And trust me it’s no fun. And I have news for Sharon, MS is not something that you “overcome” there is no cure only drugs to slow it down. And those treatments have side effects that are no fun what so ever too. He should have gone through an entire battery of tests before ever being given that diagnosis. I was tested for everything from STDs to brain cancer. Had to have a spinal tap to check the fluid for bands and multiple MRIs so if all the testing was done and it indicated MS, then they will need to accept it the dr. will tell him what kind of MS it is and what treatment route he will follow and pray it slows down the rate it is developing. Wish you all the best with your recovery!

3. Dianne Shanks Says:
    June 20th, 2012 at 3:42 pm

My daughter was diagnosed with MS 0n 1-1-2011. At that time I was told that they didn’t know what causes people to get this. It was very hard for me to deal with this as I am very over protective of this daughter. The hardest part is letting her being as independent as possible. The good thing is the medication can control the progression of the MS. I believe that you were and are a wonderful mother. All will be well, the new medications are fantastic. Hoping all the best for you and your family. From a mother who truly understands. All my love, Dianne

4. MS2012 Says:
    June 20th, 2012 at 4:30 pm

I’ve had MS for over 10 years. Good grief, he’ll be fine. It’s not like his life is over.

5. Lora Golden Says:
    June 20th, 2012 at 7:28 pm

My heart goes out to you Jack and family. I lost my mom to MS last June 23rd after 30 years of dibilitation. One benifit you will have is the advances of medicines that were not developed for my mom and when they were it was too late for her to utilize them. It was a long haul but I cherish my caregiving times with her because that determination made me the smart and strong person I am today. I thank you mom…Don’t fret as it is what it is and you moms right Osbournes are stuborn.

6. Christian Wilde Says:
    June 23rd, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Sharon and Jack. You are not going to die of MS. I am an medical author/reseacher and frequent guest on radio discussing stem cell therapies for catastrophic dieases. One of the things I have researched and written for the past 4 years is my Stem Cell Research Report. First of all we would agree there has never been a good time to have this disease however, there could never be a better time in history to have it. I will share with you that 17 of 20 relapsing remitting MS patients have been free of their diseases for 5 years following a one time adult stem cell procedure in an FDA trial using the patients own stem cells. I will be happy to put you personally in touch with the major university and the Director performing this procedure. You have my email address. Wishing you and the family the best result.
    Respectfully submitted, Christian Wilde

7. Gh.Gharun M.D. Says:
    July 2nd, 2012 at 12:30 pm

MS: is an inflammation of nerval tissue, like inflamation of other tissues, caus: unknown, prognosis: uncertain,therapy: symptomatic with cortison and interferon etc..It is one of 51 autoimmune diseases, and is a functional disorder, which needs two factors, a dispositon (gentic ), and secondly tiggers, one, two or more.
    We can not go on predispositions, but we know the
    triggers e.g.ecological and toxic stresses, dental disease,and most important and feasible is FOOD INTOLERANCE .
    This is well known since hippocrates 2400 y ago. Here is the chance of patients, which we used succesfuly. We know lot of allergen foods and we do blood test, to find out the individual reactions and we get it. The problem is non of the
    chemical therapy we can continiue for ever!, so we have to use other chances.

Comments