Emily Maynard Has No Explanation For Choosing Sleaziness Over Perfection

July 10, 2012 08:00 AM by Lisa Princ

OMG! That is what many of us were left thinking after last night’s episode of The Bachelorette on ABC. While we all knew it was coming thanks to the spoilers, most of us were still hoping the spoilers were wrong and that Sean Lowe would make it to the finale. The worst part of the whole thing? That Emily Maynard has absolutely no explanation for choosing sleazy Arie over Sean. More after the jump!

If you are one of the many fans disgusted that Emily Maynard chose to keep Arie Luyendyk around for another week over Sean Lowe, you’re about to even more disgusted. Normally after each episode, Emily Maynard takes a minute to explain her decision in her blog on People Magazine‘s website. This week, however, Emily offered no explanation as to why she chose to keep Arie over Sean.

Instead, Emily posted: “I wish I could pinpoint even one thing that would justify sending him home, but I still can’t. The hardest part was knowing he felt so confident and didn’t see it coming. He had no reason to, though, because I felt just as confident after our date.”

Emily Maynard added that she thinks maybe if she and Sean had more time together, things would have worked out differently. All of the single ladies in Texas are thanking you Emily – let’s just hope for your sake, you made the right decision. We know that Arie Luyendyk withheld his relationship with the show’s producer from Emily, and he is also known locally as a player, so why on earth she let Sean Lowe go may always be a mystery. Final thought after last night’s episode – Let’s go Jef Holm! I am certain I am not alone in this sentiment.

Time to sound off! Should Sean have been sent home last night, or were you hoping he’d be in the final two? Let us know in the Comments section below.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Bachelorette. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Bachelorette.

Photo credit: ABC

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, The Bachelorette |

17 Responses to “Emily Maynard Has No Explanation For Choosing Sleaziness Over Perfection”

1. mary Says:
    July 10th, 2012 at 8:24 am

I think she knew then that Jef was her final choice and she didn’t want to hurt Sean by keeping him around an extra week. I think a part of her knows Arie will bounce right back. Am I giving her too much credit?

2. Sandy Says:
    July 10th, 2012 at 8:43 am

I agree. Emily has class and can empathize with the guys. I like it that she didn’t jump into bed with all of the guys.

3. Sandy Says:
    July 10th, 2012 at 9:02 am

I think she is one big dumb blonde. Sean was definitely a prize. He was sweet, honest, and down-right gorgeous. He would have treated her like royalty. Instead she picks sleazy Arie. Dumb Dumb Dumb

4. Kourtney Says:
    July 10th, 2012 at 9:14 am

I like Arie. Sean’s a great guy, no doubt. But sometimes seeing your life mapped out perfectly can be a bit boring. Some women need a little edge and I think that’s what draws Emily toward Arie. Unfortunately for Arie, I also think Emily knows his lifestyle isn’t stable enough for her daughter and will ultimately choose Jef who is stable and successful, but also keeps her on her toes.

5. Cathy Says:
    July 10th, 2012 at 1:00 pm

I would have sent Sean home too – he was boring and stiff and not natural with her at all. I think she sensed he wasn’t being real. Whereas with ARie and Jef, there is no such stiffness. I knew she was sending home even before the show started.

6. sally Says:
    July 10th, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Do you think Emily is thinking about the idea that Arie is going to be away a lot with his racing? And she’ll have the best of both worlds……….time alone with Ricky and a bit of time with Arie, and not a threesome for days and days and weeks and months?

If not, then she really has to send Arie home and go with Jef. Sean or Jef would make super husbands. Arie is going to be on the racing scene again with women falling all over him everywhere he goes. Emily will love that right?

7. L Scott Says:
    July 10th, 2012 at 3:13 pm

I think you are exactly right. Ari is the exciting boyfriend she enjoyed and he won’t suffer because of it. He is too happy go lucky to fall into a depression. Sean is a different story. I think she wanted to spare him even more pain later on and did not want to misslead him.
    I think Emily is a genuinely sweet caring woman.

8. Kathy Says:
    July 10th, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Probably Mary. It seems to be the pattern that these folks choose the wrong partner for the wrong reason. She is PHYSICALLY attracted to Ari – period. When that wears off, it will all be over for them. Besides, what kind of husband/father could he possibly make. Gone all the time, surrounded by beautiful sleezy women that would like nothing more than to be with him. PLEASE, Emily….CHOOSE JEF! I do hope you’re right tho. Guess we’ll be finding out just what Emily is made of. Does she want a true husband/father figure for Ricki, or is she just, well……horny. (I hate that word.)

9. Susan Says:
    July 10th, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I still don;t umderstand why she kept Ari…he never talked about Ricki…not really…he was too busy sticking his tongue down her throat…they had a physical attraction and she admits she loves to kiss him, but hey that does not make a marriage or lifelong commitment…hell he gets up at 9 in the am….he does what he wants and I truly don’t think he marriage material now….travels alot and she would be left alone….I don’t trust him…too bad she couldn’t get past the lust with him….but I am confident she lets him go….still think Sean is the best package in everyway….but he will find someone to love him….I’m sure….

10. Bernadebt Says:
    July 10th, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Agree with Mary. While there is no doubt Sean is a fantastic guy, you could kind of tell they did not have the chemistry she and Jeff had. Then again, a lot of the past shows people have gone with chemistry, and this hasn’t worked either.

This is one of the classiest Bachelorette shows I have ever seen and thank God after the last one which could easily be confused with Burning Love.
    Keep on with the classy contestants, please.

11. Karen Says:
    July 10th, 2012 at 5:39 pm

I have never watched the “Bachelorette” before and the only reason I did was because it started off in Charlotte, North Carolina. I am so upset with Emily’s choice I though she went into this show to try to find love and a father for Ricki.Sean appeared to be a great spirtual leader for a young family and was low key (no drama). He waited to tell emily he loved her when he knew not just because he thought it is what she wanted to hear. and thletter he wrote to Ricki was the sweetest thing I have ever heard. I will not watch the end of this show and I will not watch any other season.Because the contestants forget what they want and get caught up in the glamour and their 15 min. of fame and that is not life I am sorry Emily and Ricki you missed out.

12. Julie Says:
    July 10th, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Everyone should see that the only attraction Emily and Arie have for each other is the Kissing. That is the only thing in their relationship. I havent seen a spark in them once. She let a great guy go just because she likes the kiss Arie. Theres more to a relationship that Kissing. Come ON Emily….Like your dad (what it him that said this) said…you cant love TWO people. DITTo.

13. moronswatchrealitycrap Says:
    July 11th, 2012 at 2:06 am

emily and jef can make lots and lots of little mormon cult babies to infect the earth with!

dumbed down tv, dumbed down viewers

14. songleader Says:
    July 11th, 2012 at 10:27 am

Sean is no doubt handsome and a nice guy but that does not mean any girl is going to have chemistry with him. He will find a wife someday but I saw NO chemistry or romantice connection whatsoever between them whatsoever.

I am sick of seeing articles saying ‘how dare she discard this perfect specimen of a person’ (my words). Come on peeps, there are a lot of handsome and beautiful people in this world but they are all not meant to be together.

15. Val Says:
    July 11th, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Seems pretty obvious to me why those two stayed. All Emily had to say was will the guy with the biggest bank accounts please come up to get a rose.
    Emily is a practical GAL SO Jef will win since his bank account is bigger than Arie’s- after all she’s high maintanece gal. Hopefully Sean will find the real deal girl that he deserves. Sorry Emily but I never did see the chemisty you talk about having with Jef actually there. But I did see it with Sean. One day perhaps you might wake up to learning NOT to pick a guy for money. Money can always find a way to disapeer plus never brings you real true happiness ….

16. Frank Says:
    July 12th, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Emily is high maintenance but then so are so many other women who were born with beauty. Jef is a good choice for both Emily and Ricki because he has stability and family oriented values. Emily has come across as a beautiful person in almost every way. Should she actually decide to go into show business,(rumor) that would leave little Ricky right where she has been for the better part of her fifth and sixth years. How will that affect Emily’s immage?

17. Kim Says:
    July 13th, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Arie is about as hot as they come. He also seems sweet, smart, loving and would make a great father to Emily’s little girl as he is ready to have a family and truly wants that in his life. i am not so sure that Jef is ready for a family. Jef seems rather young and like his brother said “he never has wanted any of these things” and is surprised. I think Jef is too free a spirit to settle down and become a family man, whereas Arie has proven that this is exactly what he wants (since he was ready to start a family with his ex girlfriend as he already said).
    Jef is sweet, but a bit soft and Emily needs someone with a backbone and someone a little edgy to keep her interest. I am sure that if Emily doesn’t take Arie there will be a million girls here in Texas that will take him-no questions asked.

Comments