Howard Stern Proves To Be The Voice Of The People On America’s Got Talent

July 12, 2012 06:51 AM by Lisa Princ

When Howard Stern signed on as a judge on America’s Got Talent, everyone was quick to assume that he was going to be a horrible judge. Fast forward to several weeks into the season, and Howard is proving that he just might be the judge America needed. Howard Stern proved this week that he is definitely the voice of the people when it comes to the judging table as he and Howie Mandel even got into over one contestant. What happened? Read on for the full story!

This week on America’s Got Talent on NBC, Howard Stern and Howie Mandel had a battle over one contestant, which leads us to believe that Howard Stern may actually be the voice of the people, despite the shocked reaction most had when he signed on to the show. In typical Howie Mandel style, he was particularly easy on one contestant, Big Barry, who tried his hardest to prove to us that he could sing, but really did not sound good. “Barry, I’m going to be totally honest with you. You’re not a good singer. But you’re an amazing character, and you’ve got this God-given stature and sound. I think you’re an incredible novelty act that people would come and see and pay for,” Mandel told the hopeful after a lackluster performance.

Howard Stern, however, agreed with America – I mean, come on, we aren’t going to pay for a lackluster performance. After both Stern and Sharon Osbourne buzzed Big Barry out, Howard Stern jumped on Mandel as he said: “You know, the Howie filibuster is getting annoying to me actually,” adding: “I gotta tell you, Big Barry, this isn’t about you. This is about Howie and how he treats the show.” Howard Stern didn’t let it go, either. He then asked Howie Mandel to apologize: “to all the people that could have gotten through instead of Big Barry.” Not sure about you, but we definitely agree with Howard Stern’s sentiments – sometimes Howie Mandel sends the stupidest acts through. Howard Stern is definitely proving to be just what the show needed!

What did you think of battle between Howard Stern and Howie Mandel? Comment and share your thoughts with us below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! Click here for more information on America’s Got Talent. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: America’s Got Talent.

Photo Credit: NBC

Topics: America's Got Talent, NBC Reality TV Shows |

14 Responses to “Howard Stern Proves To Be The Voice Of The People On America’s Got Talent”

1. DJ A-BEATZ Says:
    July 12th, 2012 at 7:18 am

Howard Stern IS the MAN! It was absolutely rediculous to put that horrible BARRY through and to think that he was even a good novelty act. It was truly embarrassing to see him perform and HOWARD was right on the money.

2. Paul holmes Says:
    July 12th, 2012 at 7:41 am

I have always liked howard Stern. I think he has a talent that so many few have for reading people and I hope he signs on for next season.

3. Matt Says:
    July 12th, 2012 at 7:42 am

I don’t mind that Howie sends through some of the entertaining acts – they can be funny. I thought Howard was good at first but his ego is getting too annoying – always referring to “his stage” – come on get a life.

4. Jeff Beightol Says:
    July 12th, 2012 at 8:06 am

Howard Stern is absolutely right. He takes the job seriously. I like his judgements and feel he has the interest of the people and the $1,000,000 paycheck at heart.

I do not think a million dollar act should be fabricated from a quirk Howie Mandel has that evening. I really like Howie’s comedy but personally he can sometimes be a real jerk.

Howard Stearns on the other hand, often being known as a real jerk seems to be using his great intelligence to do the job he was hired to do.

5. b Says:
    July 12th, 2012 at 8:26 am

Not “everyone was quick to assume that he was going to be a horrible judge.” Only people who have never listened to him and base their opinions on what other people tell them.

6. Pete Young Says:
    July 12th, 2012 at 8:28 am

I agree, however, the acts that Howie sends through are so funny (even though they are not comedy acts.) It allows us immature viewers a chance to laugh at someone making a fool out of themselves through the first round. The more the other judges get upset with him the more he will do it, that is his style of comedy.

7. Jenny Says:
    July 12th, 2012 at 8:28 am

I watched it. I agreed with Howard but his methods are as usual overly critical and harsh. He should respect the fact that Howie is a great talent and has worked on the show for several seasons. I’ve seen Sharon let mediocre acts go through as well.
    I think they all have to look at every and all acts by asking the questions: Will people pay to see them? Are they amazing? Outstanding? Incredible?
    Unique? A million dollar act? The first time we saw Big Barry everyone knew he was terrible. He couldn’t make money on the streets, why should be go through? Howard Stern is getting abrasive and that’s what I don’t like about him. He needs to learn how to make a point without being rude.

8. Cristian Says:
    July 12th, 2012 at 8:35 am

SAUCE ON SIDE

9. louzee Says:
    July 12th, 2012 at 8:35 am

Howard is a genius he knows talent and he’s brutally honest. The back and forth, however, is also genius the back and forth between the two makes the show more interesting and fun. But, Howard is 100% right and he was a good choice as judge of AGT!

10. the_dude6789 Says:
    July 12th, 2012 at 9:20 am

Why are people suprised that Howard is a decent judge and knows what he’s talking about? He’s been having these kinds of contests on his radio show for DECADES!

11. Gaylan Says:
    July 12th, 2012 at 9:22 am

I could never figure out exactly what brought Howie to that show to begin with, but I had the same thoughts as I watched Big Barry pseudo-scream/sing. Many real talents had already been cut; UNFORGIVABLE!!! Howie must go!!

12. bob Says:
    July 12th, 2012 at 9:28 am

BA BA BOOYEY……..FA FA FO-HI

13. ITS ALL BS Says:
    July 12th, 2012 at 5:55 pm

ALL STAGED, THE SHOW SUCKS. A SINGER WILL WIN. MOVE ON.

14. Bob Boohee Says:
    July 14th, 2012 at 7:29 am

He does what many genius musicians have done for the years. He dumbs down his critical comments with his antics so while he says something profound the majority of idiots out there …or Americans lets face it … can hear what they want while intelligent listeners or watchers hear him say what we are thinking . He always talks with his side kicks about celebrities and movies and many musicians owe him for their launch or comebacks he is like the Oprah for the men if he sees hears or reads it … it gets popular period. One can listen to him without alienating his friends the man is all things to all aholes out there or neilson ratings from 17-50 year old males =$$$

Comments