Is Emily Maynard Nothing But A Gold Digger?

July 12, 2012 10:30 AM by Lisa Princ

This week on The Bachelorette on ABC, Emily Maynard got down to her final two bachelors as she let Sean Lowe go. Was it a matter of money? In the past, we have heard that Emily is quite the diva, but is she really nothing more than a gold digger? Keep reading for more!

The Bachelorette‘s Emily Maynard is down to her final two guys, and we are starting to wonder if it’s all about the money to her. Earlier in the season, it was reported that Emily was a demanding diva that was asking for mucho money out of the show, and now more revelations are coming out. According to US Weekly, a source told them that prior to her search for love on the show, Emily Maynard grilled the show’s producers about the financial backgrounds of her potential suitors. The source added: “She wanted to know if she could live comfortably.”

But that’s not all. After reportedly asking for $750k to do the show, which she didn’t get by the way, Emily may also be looking for fame out of her gig on The Bachelorette. The source went on add: “She’s using The Bachelorette as a stepping stone to be a reporter or host. Emily wants to be famous.” Interesting. And here we thought the sweet mom was simply looking for love – who knew?

Time to sound off! is Emily Maynard nothing but a gold digger? Comment and share your thoughts with us below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Bachelorette. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Bachelorette.

Photo credit: ABC

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, The Bachelorette |

8 Responses to “Is Emily Maynard Nothing But A Gold Digger?”

1. Weatherill Says:
    July 12th, 2012 at 9:45 pm

I hope Emily gets whatever she wants.Whether she wants fame or not…that’s her business!As for her asking for 750 thousand…why not? There is big money in TV. She’s doing many episodes. Some actors get a million for one episode…Emily is the star for the whole season…. She should have gotten more than 750 thousand. ( I’d love to know how many millions the producers made on Emily’s star power!)
    I hope she stays famous and gets a regular gig on TV.I’ll tune in if she’s a TV personality anytime!

2. Dragona Says:
    July 13th, 2012 at 6:29 am

I agree with the previous persons comments. Why shouldn’t this lovely single mom with a daughter to support be paid a lot and be a host or TV personality if that is what she wsnts? Obviously she’s got what it takes! I too would tune in, she is delightful, sweet and positive. :)

3. Andree Alexander Says:
    July 13th, 2012 at 7:29 am

while I would not call her a ‘gold digger’ actually, I still think that all that southern charm is false. She is looking for a father for her daughter more than a husband for herself. This is the 21st century – how can she think about getting engaged to one of these hunks without knowing whether they’re sexually compatible. To me – she’s just too good to be true! she is certainly one of the most beautiful and certainly the best well dressed, still with all of that, something strikes me as just not being ‘kosher’. she is just too conscious of what people will think to follow her natural desires. I think she will chose Jef because of the video the last 3 sent her – he was the only one to mention her daughter.
    The locations for this season were wonderful – the season exceptionally B O R I N G. And we all know that in the end, whoever she picks – it won’;t last!!

4. Margie Brown Says:
    July 15th, 2012 at 11:10 am

I think Sean dodged a bullet!!!!!!!

5. lynn Says:
    July 16th, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Why in heck do the show when she dating someone with money,she just after money is all it is about in the south we call them gold digger’s,i’m from south i careless i got money or not.

6. Chuck Says:
    July 18th, 2012 at 8:10 pm

She kept the hunk around to entertain her while she went over the finances of the other two saps. Poor Jef, I picked him from day one. Saw it coming from a mile away.

7. Pam Says:
    July 19th, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Now come on folks….. This true “wholesome” , (got knocked up unmarried and at 18) southern “lady” who looks ever so fashionable in gowns that your Truly HARD WORKING single moms couldn’t afford on an annual salary couldn’t POSSIBLY be a gold digger….

8. Carol Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 5:01 am

Without a doubt, Emily is leveraging her assets. She’s young, beautiful, and has guys falling all over her. And I say, good for her. As my momma used to say, “It’s just as easy to fall in love with a rich man as a poor man.” Everyone leverages their particular assets (looks, connections, stellar education, etc.) and Emily happens to be beautiful, albeit a little shallow, perhaps. But that’s Jef’s business, folks, not ours.

Comments