July 12, 2012 02:30 PM by Shayla Perry

It’s a good thing she’s got those Trump checks in her bank account, because it sounds like NeNe Leakes is in danger of losing her job on The Real Housewives of Atlanta! Supposedly, NeNe’s contracted to make a staggering $1 million this season; far more than any other Housewife, so what happened that has Andy Cohen and other Bravo execs trying to decide if they need to fire their big star in the middle of the season?

According to MediaTakeOut.com, a source from The Real Housewives of Atlanta says that NeNe and producers of the show have been at odds since filming began two months ago. In fact, they claim that all of the ladies have turned into major divas this season, making them difficult to work with.

This week, an insider revealed to NYDailyNews.com that Leakes and co-star Kandi Burruss “got into a fight with production,” and by their account, it was “really bad.”

During the confrontation, which will reportedly be aired in the fall, NeNe “struck” one of the producers in the face.

Apparently, the entire cast is leaving for their annual trip today (July 12), and when they get back, Cohen and company will decide what to do about NeNe.

Why just NeNe and not Kandi?

MediaTakeOut.com is told that Bravo has a policy that restricts violence toward the crew members, and since she’s the one who hit the producer, it doesn’t look so good for Ms. Leakes.

BUT, will they make an exception for the show’s biggest star?

If the report is true, at least NeNe has a lot of other projects to fall back on. In addition to her roles on Glee and Ryan Murphy‘s The New Normal, she also has a clothing line in the works.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Real Housewives of Atlanta. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Real Housewives of Atlanta.

Photo Credit: Bravo

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of Atlanta |

16 Responses to “Report: NeNe Leakes At Risk of Getting Fired From Real Housewives of Atlanta For Hitting Producer!”

1. Leigh Says:
    July 12th, 2012 at 4:17 pm

PLEASE Bravo. Get rid of this clown. She thinks that she is much more important than she really is. Ryan Murphy is crazy for getting involved with her.

2. Debi Says:
    July 13th, 2012 at 1:16 pm

I absolutely agree with Leigh. You could really see last season and especially in the Reunion that she thinks she is far too good to be on the show and far superior to the other women. By the way, she isn’t;she has totally lost whatever likability she had in the early years and is just obnoxious.

3. lwoods Says:
    July 14th, 2012 at 2:35 pm

If they get rid of Nene…they may as well cancel the show. To all u hatred “she” makes the show!

Bravo don’t be a fool….she’s the ONLY reason why I watch!

Keep our STAR player:)

4. lwoods Says:
    July 14th, 2012 at 2:37 pm

If they get rid of Nene…they may as well cancel the show. To all u haters “she” makes the show!

Bravo don’t be a fool….she’s the ONLY reason why I watch!

Keep our STAR player:)

5. debdeb2671 Says:
    July 16th, 2012 at 3:53 pm

RIGHT!! NeNe s the reason everybody watches. Bravo needs to fire the producer who got in her face. Get another producer he/she provoked them and that is no excuse. If NeNe goes I and millions will go. The other housewives are haters and whats left Phaedra and her funerals Khandi and her songs, Certaintly not Kim and her mess, Sheree and her haten ass I’m glad she’s gone Cynthia can’t do it alone we need NeNe she’s the one everybody loves to hate.

6. Joe Says:
    July 18th, 2012 at 10:49 am

Just proves that age old addage: “You can put lipstick on an ape, but…”

7. LuckyTiger Says:
    July 18th, 2012 at 10:59 am

Get rid of Nene! She is such a self-important ass she’s tiring. I have gotten to the point that I can’t even watch her ugly–and I do mean ugly–face and big, fat ass on tv. She is nothing more than a hood rat anyway.

8. Karis Says:
    July 18th, 2012 at 11:44 am

I used to watch this show regularly. Had to stop watching when NeNe started acting so superior. I agree with Leigh. Not that she is a clown, but she is not more important than anyone else. I just don’t get that type of attitude. If she leaves, I don’t think millions will stop watching. Might bring some viewers back.

9. IRENE Says:
    July 18th, 2012 at 7:30 pm

look NENE or shallIsay MEME HAS GOTTEN TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL. NOT GETTING ALONG WITH CAST MATES AND THINKING SHE IS ABOVE EVERYONE AND SHE IS HIT THE BIG TIME OUT IN HOLLYWOOD CAUUUSSEE SHE DID A FEW SHOWS WITH GOLLY GLEE SO WHAT AS FOR MYSELF I HAVE NEVER EVEN WATCHED GLEE. AND AS FOR THE TRUMP THANG WITH MEME ON IT I DIDNT WATCH ON PURPOSE. I SO SICKOF NENE SHE HAS GAIN SO MUCH WEIGHT DID YOU ALL SEE HER IN THE SUMMERTIME ADS OMG SHE WAS OMG HUGE COMPARED TO THE OTHER GALS. I WOULD BE SO DANG EMBARASSED IF I WAS NENE. ALSO THERE IS NO REASON FOR HER TO BE ON THE SHOW ANY MORE SHE GET ALONG WITH NO ONE EXCEPT THE CLINGON MARLO WHO REALLY SHOULD NOT EVEN BE ON THE SHOW AT ALL ANDY PLEASE DO NOT BRING DEEP VOICE LAUGHING WITH NOTHING TO SAY MARLO. FIRE NENE BRING SOME NEW PEOPLE IN OR JUST CANCEL THE SHOW IT GETTING BORRRIIINNNGGGGG.KIM CUSSING AND KANDIE HAS NO STORY LINE ANYMORE. AND WELL JUST FORGET IT .

10. Stop_IT Says:
    July 22nd, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Who made this Grape Ape-looking hoodrat ho famous, huh? Exactly! FOH

11. gaylene montgomery Says:
    July 29th, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Get rid of the ghetto trash! She makes Bravo look so tacky!

12. sharon Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 9:13 am

get rid of NeNe and that housewives show will be gone faster than the group in washington!! there is NO reason to watch without NeNe!!!!

13. Brav Says:
    September 4th, 2012 at 9:21 am

I have to agree. NeNe should go. She is a troublemaker, loud mouth classless moose.

14. vivian g Says:
    September 9th, 2012 at 6:34 am

I think the show should be cancelled – because they all have gotten too big. Get rid of the Atlanta housewives. I’m glad you got rid of Shere and Kim

15. Julia Says:
    September 9th, 2012 at 10:33 am

I believe the decision maker’s need to follow their rules/regulations re: behavior of actor’s. I did (at first) enjoy watching NeNe and Kim going at it,…but it got “old” fast. It would have been better if they would have come to terms with one another and “agreed to disagree” but show some respecy toward one another. Instead, they carried it too far! The younger women watching now think is “ok” to treat another person they way they treat one another. Lesson’s need to be shown by the producer’s. With this case of “hitting” a producer,…the actor should be held accountable. Life will go on without the NeNe character. Someone else will come along and take that spot easily. That is the way REAL LIFE is. Isn’t this reality TV?

16. Lily Says:
    September 15th, 2012 at 10:36 pm

NeNe used to be an interesting part of the show but now she appears to think more or herself than anyone else does. “Spending Donald Trump’s checks”? I’m sure that if he were going to give checks to anyone it wouldn’t ber HER, she walked off the show, why would he. As far as MARLO, that criminal needs to get a show with NENE and it could be called “TWO GHETTO FABULOUS BITCHES”. Their storyline could be robbing banks and being ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m just sayin’

Comments