Big Brother 14: What Did You Think Of Last Night’s Premiere?

July 13, 2012 08:05 AM by Lisa Princ

Big Brother returned last on CBS with the season 14 premiere, which included a new coach twist. But if that was not enough to shake things up, we were tortured blessed with yet another member of Russell Hantz‘s family – oh joy! Were you annoyed with last night’s premiere, or do you think it kicked ass? More after the jump!

Last night on CBS, we met the 12 new contestants of Big Brother 14, and learned that four past players would return to coach the contestants – not compete. Of course, there was something in it for them – a $100k prize if one of their team members won. Then we were graced with the presence of Dan (season 10 winner), Janelle (seasons six and seven), Mike “Boogie” (seasons two and seven — winner) and Britney (season 12), who would make the season 14 coaches.

And of course, we were then introduced to Willie, who tried desperately to hide the fact that he was a member of the Hantz family, but there was NO denying it. You can check out our full recap here if you missed it. But for those of you who watched last night, we want to hear what you thought of the new twist, and the fact that we have been subjected to yet another member of the Hantz family.

As always, we want to hear from you! Sound off and leave a comment below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about Big Brother. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Big Brother 14.

Photos courtesy of CBS.

Topics: Big Brother, CBS Reality TV Shows |

18 Responses to “Big Brother 14: What Did You Think Of Last Night’s Premiere?”

1. cccommish1 Says:
    July 13th, 2012 at 9:25 am

We need to get back to BIG BROTHER!! The coach idea, to me, distracts from the premiss of what the show is all about, (a social experiment). We need to get back to having all new contestants, with maybe bringing someone back from time to time to mix things up, but having old players coming back all the time doesn’t really give other BB fans a chance to get on the show and compete. Old players can come back for the nexr all stars.
    Now, about Russel’s brother, anyone should be able get on the show, but Russell Hanz is not hte only reality star out there.
    Thanx

2. Judy Says:
    July 13th, 2012 at 11:24 am

Big Brother has always been a favorite of mine and have never missed a season. Everyone I talked to thought last night was awful. Let the housemates fight it out to see who is voted off or head of household! Very boring last night!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Paul Says:
    July 13th, 2012 at 1:50 pm

I always love big brother, but I hate the way they bring back previous cast members. I guess as coaches, it’s OK – but still; and bringing in a brother of some dude that was on another CBS show, Survivor (I think – don’t watch that one). It’s like, why does BB pick people like that. Give the “everyday Joe” a chance; not somebody that they think will cause chaos (Willie’s quote)to try to bump up ratings. I would love to be on the show, and could probably blow past all the schleps on the show! :)

4. Ann Says:
    July 13th, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Big Brother, I’m disappointed!!! You guys have got to do better-The plot twist is ok I guess, but come on….The Cast is Very Vanilla!It would have been nice to see more variety of contestants, more than one Black person. Why not someone Asian, or East Indian, something!! If the young lady from Brooklyn who is Puerto Rican is voted out then we will have an Extremely Generic show…I’m just sayin’….Think I’ll wait on Season 15 to see if you finally get it Right!!

5. Meema Says:
    July 14th, 2012 at 12:16 am

All you had to do is look at Willie’s face and you automatically knew he is a HANTZ. He looks just like the other two Hantz’s. Looking forward to see how this plays out.

6. Kim Says:
    July 14th, 2012 at 6:51 am

So greatful that the past contestants didn’t include Brandon, Rachel, Jeff or Jordan. Awesome & refreshing. Love another Hantz to stir things up. Love the coach idea. Every show needs to make changes to keep us watching. Great job Big Brother !!!!!!!

7. GG Says:
    July 14th, 2012 at 11:15 am

This season will blo like the last one. Already starting out predictable!

8. m jones Says:
    July 14th, 2012 at 1:05 pm

i think its crazy that u can only find one african american and she gets voted off the first night. she did not stand a chance and i will no longer be watching

9. pborg Says:
    July 14th, 2012 at 1:30 pm

I hv watched all 13 seasons of program and loved them all. I do not like this one at all – sorry – hope it gets better

10. Jim Hodgson Says:
    July 14th, 2012 at 2:23 pm

ENOUGH of the Hantz family all ready, tv!

11. Yovela Pestana Says:
    July 14th, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Hello, I’m a young black female and this is my last time watching Big Brother. I thought Thursday night eviction was totally unfair. I knew from looking at the line up last week the black person would not stand a chance of making it thru the first week. Anyway you just lost me a viewer and I hope you lose many more.

12. kathy Says:
    July 14th, 2012 at 5:00 pm

it really sucked that you sent someone home the very first night; especially when they make the commitment to you for the whole summer.What moron came up with such a BAD idea????

13. mike smith Says:
    July 14th, 2012 at 5:32 pm

is it just me and my many, many friends but shouldn’t this be called the WHITE BROTHER SHOW!!! If I were Black, hispanic or of any origin other than white, I would not waste my time watching a show that cares nothing about my representation…nice the way the Black lady was the first to go-what a joke-here’s hoping that folks stop looking at this rigged show…no more rigged brother or “the Talk” for us

14. Ashley McKay Says:
    July 14th, 2012 at 6:08 pm

I believe that over the past couple of years BIg Brother has been very racist when it comes to casting and the cast members being quick to vote of the 1 or 2 minority people on the show. Whenever they cast people for Big Brother the pick people who are a horrible representation for the minority community wether they are Black, Asian, or Hispanic. Big Brother needs to cast a wide variety of cultures not just what America views as “Beautiful” which is typically Blondes with blue eyes; America is made up of more then just one ethnic group. Not only should there be more minorities but, minorities that are strong mentally and physically, and know how to stand up for themselves and address any problems or issues while on the show. CBS needs to be reported and address ASAP about this SERIOUS ISSUE

15. chrysta tibbets Says:
    July 14th, 2012 at 8:56 pm

i really enjoyed the premiere. watched the show and watched bb after dark. i liked willie, and don’t like boogie. dan, not so sure about right now. seen him before and he is boreing me. some of the rest of the cast,,,,,weeeeellll, we will see… frank, from what i understand he has b.o. and not many people want to be around him…can’t blame them.. he looks like he would. i can almost smell him from here. my favorite at the moment is willy. i love will,,, buttttt,,, he needs to stop picking his hair. looks like he has bugs. he is so beautiful, but all the picking takes away from it. stop it will.

16. Kea Says:
    July 15th, 2012 at 7:18 am

Not enough people of color. Will not be watching this season. Others I’ve talked to have said the same thing.

17. Michelle Says:
    July 26th, 2012 at 10:46 am

Really bad start, coach idea sucks! No more return players, we’ve seen them enough already. This isn’t a team game, also bad idea. Rotten sending someone home the first night. What is it with the Hantz family anyway? No more of them please, they are all nuts, rude & arrogant!!

18. Michelle Says:
    July 26th, 2012 at 10:51 am

Coach idea sucks. No more old players, we’ve seen them enough. Sending someone home first night was a rotten thing to do. And what is it with the Hantz family? They are all rude, arrogant & nuts, no more please!

Comments