July 15, 2012 09:00 AM by Lisa Princ

Last week, fans watched the season premiere of CBSBig Brother 14, where Jodi Rollins, in a new twist, was eliminated the very first night. After the show, Jodi shared her thoughts, and revealed that she feels she was booted because she is an “older black woman.” Uh Oh, is she accusing the show or contestants of racism? Read on to find out and hear more of Jodi Rollins’ thoughts about her short time on the show!

Jodi Rollins was eliminated on the season 14 premiere of Big Brother, and Jodi shared that she is certain she knows why she was booted off first. Jodi told Zap2it after her elimination: “I have a theory as to why I’m not in the house…older people never win this game and black women never win this game and I’m an older black woman.” Uh oh, is she accusing the show of being racist? Not necessarily, as she explained: “I’m not saying anybody’s racist at all. When it comes to money, you have to make a decision based on what you think people will do. If you’re looking at who’s going to win the game, I’m not who you’d want. In this case, I think Dan didn’t choose me for those reasons.”

Hmm, while Jodi may not feel that there was any racism going on there, we can’t help but think there could be, I mean, why not give the older black woman a chance? In any event, Jodi is disappointed in her elimination, but she did reveal of Dan: “He made the wrong decision, but no, not bitter to him at all. But I knew he didn’t believe in me from the get-go. I was last chosen, so… that didn’t feel good either.” Jodi Rollins, who has been a Big Brother fan since the very first season, also said that being on the show was a dream come true for her.

So now that she is gone, who does she think are the strongest players? “Definitely Shane is the strongest. I feel like he could be a force to be reckoned with. Frank, because I’m suspicious of Frank, still waters run deep. He didn’t give off a lot of information. I think those are the main two.” The weaker players, Jodi Rollins thinks, are the girls that were on her team.

Wow, what do you think about Jodi Rollins comments? Do you think she was booted because she is an older black woman? Comment and share your thoughts with us below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about Big Brother. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Big Brother 14.

Photos courtesy of CBS

Topics: Big Brother, CBS Reality TV Shows |

38 Responses to “Big Brother 14: Jodi Rollins Says She Was Booted Off Because She’s “An Older Black Woman””

1. Dontno Says:
    July 15th, 2012 at 9:39 am

She was indeed booted off because she was old, fat and black. It doesn’t really matter, because this season sucks. The whole cast is boring and just not appealing so whether is was the booted because she was black or not. The death of Big Brother is near.

2. Sammy Says:
    July 15th, 2012 at 9:43 am

I just can’t help but comment here because I am SO overdone on racism being an excuse for why someone did or didn’t get something. If you watch the show you will see that she was the logical person to be eliminated as she “performed” the worst. I don’t think it had ANYTHING to do with her age or color. I had a high opinion of Jodi when this show first started. I would have like to see her go further, BUT it is a game and the weak don’t survive. SO please stop using the race card as a reason for your failure.

3. Tom Garretty Says:
    July 15th, 2012 at 10:11 am

Of course….she was the only black person on the show and was the first eliminated……but it wasn’t because of her performance it’s because she’s black. Good lord it’s 2012 can we please stop playing the race card.

4. Peggy Says:
    July 15th, 2012 at 10:28 am

I knew that was coming.

5. D. Portner Says:
    July 15th, 2012 at 11:31 am

I realy done believe that. But i do think she should have stayed and the other girl should have been put out

6. Lia Says:
    July 15th, 2012 at 3:48 pm

She was definitely evicted because she’s black, and that makes Dan a bigot. Call it like it is girl. He didn’t want you on his team, because you’re a big, black girl. Not heavy in the black community, but huge in the caucasian community. It had nothing to do with her age at all. She was not his pick, she was placed on his team due to the process of elimination, and when he got the chance, he got rid of her. Danielle lost the competition for them, so why not choose her? I’ll tell you why, because she’s petite and white.

7. lorraine Says:
    July 15th, 2012 at 7:56 pm

I am not a fan of BB, but I saw the opening, and I knew right away that the black woman would be voted off immediately. The show is aimed at people who are not in her demographic, and the participants are not comfortable with people who are not like them. It’s a form of racism, and hopefully minorities will avoid the simple-minded show. It’s garbage.

8. Nikki Says:
    July 16th, 2012 at 7:26 am

I don’t understand why they hardly ever have more than 1 or 2 black people on there at a time. The ethnic people they do have on the show seem to be older and or not very attractive. Yet they have all of these hot young blondes running around in bikinis. I just think something is wrong with this whole picture.

9. Jan Says:
    July 16th, 2012 at 7:52 am

Reeeaaalllyyy? Come on, doesn’t playing that race card get old? It’s a tired old show. You’ve got to know going in that it is not exactly “fair” to anyone.

10. Dee Says:
    July 16th, 2012 at 10:14 am

How many times did she fall and smash her face???? Stop with this card please. Thats why society is like it is we cant move on due to comments everytime you turn around. What law suit is the next thing???? Surprise surprise no it wont be.

11. Rich Says:
    July 16th, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Did anybody actually watch how she performed in the challenge? She was horrible and caused her team to lose. She was the weak link and that’s why she got voted off.

If she had done great in the challenge then she’d probably be saying “They only want me because they think I’m good at athletics because I’m black.”

You really can’t win with some people. If they are determined to find racism in something, they’ll find it in anything.

She got voted off because she caused her team to lose the challenge because she performed horribly.

Last season a black woman made it almost to the very finals of the show and guess what she was one of the oldest people on there, so I’m not really buying the race card on this one.

Save it for when it’s really warranted.

12. Bonita Swan Says:
    July 16th, 2012 at 12:21 pm

First, I am a white woman, senior. But I think the producers of the show blew this start. I think this woman was more than gracious, but she was a victum of blanten Racism…It might have been a little different if she was not chosen last and she was the only person of color…Yo lost a viewer…Set it up for hot sexual relationships at her expense…SHAME ON YOU

13. MB Says:
    July 16th, 2012 at 1:57 pm

I knew she would pull the race card. Maybe she was voted off, because she is fat and can’t move!! She claimed she was “in shape” at the beginning of the show. Really? How much does she weigh? 200 pounds? She couldn’t even leap onto a mattress for cripe sake! Come on people – she was not an asset to her team and that is the reason she was let go!

14. ss_holder Says:
    July 16th, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Pull the race card. Uh, maybe if you white people stop dealing it it can’t be played.

15. john pacheco Says:
    July 16th, 2012 at 4:43 pm

It has nothing to do with color . She out of shape
    The other 2 have a much better chance , to win competions.

16. Catherine Says:
    July 16th, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Her body type is all wrong for that show but when are they going to get rid of that show period, I mean I can’t believe it’s still on?

17. Mike Says:
    July 17th, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Race definitely plays a vital role on these shows. Look at the cast for instance, there are no representations of other races outside of the woman in question which was eliminated. You will never see any minority win these shows when the numbers are so disproportionate.

18. Navia Says:
    July 18th, 2012 at 6:12 am

Jodi did 20x better than Danielle did in the competition and for that, Danielle deserved to go home.
    I think Dan’s choice was based off of both Jodi’s weight and race, however, the weight thing was better to fall back on.
    This is because even if Jodi was in shape, I still cannot see him picking her over sweet little Danielle.

What Jodi said was true. She had no chance being older & black. A black person will never win BB, simply because of the lack of them on the show and when there are black people, they’re either the first to be kicked off or they get they’re win stripped from them (Danielle, BB3; perfect example of race influencing winner)

What sucks is tht Jodi was the only person besides Ian to actually know about BB. Everyone else was scouted due to their looks or who they were related to.

It’s pretty sad actually.

19. seejaykaygee Says:
    July 18th, 2012 at 8:20 am

black players should stay away from this show every season they get the boot and black players NEVER win
    this game is VERY racists

20. Paul Says:
    July 18th, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Only over privileged white people would consider being discriminated against ‘a race card’. Only ignorant white people who have never felt the sting of hatred because of the color of their skin can sit there and say that they are the ones that are so tired and overdone hearing about the race card. yes people it is 2012 and it still goes on today. just because you feel that you and your friends and family have evolved beyond judging people by their skin color does not mean that everyone has.

I’ve personally had supervisors use inappropriate words towards me while serving in the military as recent as 2 years ago. Yes, I’ve had a civilian supervisor call me the ‘N’ word on one occasion and military supervisor refer to my radio station as ‘jungle music’. I suppose if you were in my chain of command as I reported this incident – you would consider this as me using the ‘race card’?

21. elizabeth Says:
    July 19th, 2012 at 12:46 am

i think racism was at play here, but not necessarily in the way most people think. i believe cbs chose an over weight older black female so they could cover their behinds. a lot of reality shows and other genres of shows are getting called out because of the lack of diversity. by selecting this particular woman, they could say we’re being inclusive. but in reality (pardon the pun), they set this woman up for failure. i wonder what would have happened if they actually selected a young, fit, and very attractive black woman, like they do with so many of the white female contestants. i think that kind of black woman would have at least had a chance. however, i doubt that’s what cbs wanted.

22. NiHi Says:
    July 19th, 2012 at 1:32 am

I love how white people feel if THEY say it’s not about race then it’s not about race darn it and according to them it’s NEVER about race lol! The majority of these reality shows are majority white, especially on the major networks, but if white people turned on their tv’s and most of these shows had 99.99% minority faces with one or two white faces thrown in the mix all hell would break loose. Did Dan get rid of the black female because she’s black, or because she was useless in challenges? The only thing I know is the two white females were also terrible, but the difference is they’re white, young, and have the potential for having showmances which would benefit Dan and his team. Although I’m a huge BB fan, I’m tired of them putting fat and/or unattractive black females and gay black men in the house to represent black people. It’s obvious they’ve stopped casting attractive, black males because they usually end up in showmances with white females.

23. Paul Says:
    July 19th, 2012 at 2:44 am

Only over privileged white people would consider being discriminated against ‘a race card’. Only ignorant white people who have never felt the sting of hatred because of the color of their skin can sit there and say that they are the ones that are so tired and overdone hearing about the race card. oh, and Sammy – saying that Jodi performed the worst and therefore was the logical choice is false. Unless you were watching a different show, Danielle didn’t make it across either. But perhaps you can forgive the attractive white girl with the tiny shorts and gorgeous tan falling over and over again – but not the hefty black girl. yes people it is 2012 and newsflash – racism still goes on today. just because you feel that you and your friends and family have evolved beyond judging people by their skin color does not mean that everyone has.

24. Paul Says:
    July 19th, 2012 at 7:55 am

Sorry for the duplicate post. My browser hung up and crashed and I didn’t think my previous post made it through the storm.

25. David Says:
    July 19th, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I kind of agree with Paul, racism still exists today. Where I have my biggest problem is not the act itself but its all the sideliners claiming it’s a ploy, ie the card.

Rich, #11 is so blinded and convinced that racism does not exist he can’t even see the contradictions he typed himself. True Jodi was horrible in the challenge, but Danielle was much worse. But you won’t even acknowledge that fact. You only see that the black girl did badly and therefore no problem sending her home. Whereas the truth was the only black girl and one of five white girls performed badly. You went so far as to shoulder the entire teams loss on the black girls shoulder despite the fact that Danielle did not score a point either. Oh and let’s not forget your proclamation that in 14 seasons of Big Brother a black woman ALMOST made it to finals once so therefore this race card thing is all smoke and mirrors.

As I said, its bad enough having to suffer through the act itself – but the hardest part is when you want to vent your frustrations about still being treated as 2nd class citizens and in some cases much lower after so many years in what is suppose to be the greatest country in the world – dealing with the likes of Rich, Sammy, Peggy and Jan and Dee. You are the ones that keep us in the stone ages. You are the ones who believes that blacks are looking for an easy out instead of opening your eyes and your mind.

I sincerely hope there is such a thing as reincarnation and I pray that all of you in your next life come back as a black man or black woman. Feel the sting of rejection and the slap of hatred just because of your skin color. Then post how tired you are of hearing about the race card.

26. Wendy Johnson Says:
    July 20th, 2012 at 7:55 pm

I got a suggestion why don’t they have a show called Big Black Brother and have a white person in it and see how long people would watch it. Good chance it would make more money for the tv network and then everyone can be happy.

27. Confused Says:
    July 22nd, 2012 at 5:20 am

Wendy, I have a suggestion as well. Why don’t you take your dumba** back to 1959 since you seem to be in favor of segregation. A Big Brother for Blacks? Now of all the idiotic dribble I’ve heard. Yes, I’m sure you thought you were being funny and ironic – but you came off moronic instead. Because you like most are choosing to act as if the ‘blacks have a slim to no chance to win reality shows’ phenomenon does not exist by making a joke about lets make a black big brother and lets see who will watch it. So are you saying you only watch Big Brother because of the lack black people? Because according to your words if there were more blacks and 1 or 2 whites (the reverse of what it is now) you wouldn’t watch.

28. jay tolliver Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 2:46 am

Some folks refuse to see the truth. Diversity is non existent on this show. Jodie is right. Her frigging coach even said he booted Jodie because he thought they got along better. WTF?? What was the basis of that assessment?? I’m done with BB.

29. Tim Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 8:27 pm

My Doctors are Black and Indian. I voted for Barak Obama. My girlfriend is half Black – half Korean. Jodi was not voted out because she was Black – but rather, because she was not attractive. Enough said. Now does that make me a racist or sexist?

30. Tim Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Paul, if I say I have “Jungle Fever” does that make me a racist or Spike Lee?

31. Leroy Says:
    July 26th, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Jodi was out of shape , fat, and first thing she did was complain. 21st century no more free rides on the race card No one cares anymore. She’s married to a white man. No she is the racist. trying to get paid free typical.

32. Paul Says:
    July 26th, 2012 at 9:33 pm

No, Tim it wouldn’t. It would however make you an idiot. Why? Because I explain to you how racism still exists today and tell the story of what happened to me while serving in the U.S Armed Forces. When you are the victim of racism, being called derogatory names and more, it is very traumatizing. And you being the genius that you are – find this whole thing a punchline.

33. Vic Says:
    July 29th, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Dan and Boogie basically admitted it on “after dark” last night. The reason she did not get picked was because “that role does not go far in BB”, that role being black and female.

34. A Big Brother Says:
    July 30th, 2012 at 12:25 am

I wonder how those who said that Jodi’s eviction wasn’t race based feel now that Dan has manifested other obvious racist tendencies (Marry Rosie O’ Donnell over Oprah? Who but a racist would make that call? Rosie doesn’t even like men!) and he and Mike Boogie have had an all out conversation (on Big Brother After Dark) regarding how certain “Roles”, in particular the one that Jodi played “Never get that far” on the show?

35. Jack Says:
    October 3rd, 2012 at 12:32 pm

For the last 10 seasons in a row, the winner of Big Brother USA has been White. As a White man, this is fine by me. In fact, in this day and age of anti-White political correctness, this 10 season White winning streak proves that Big Brother USA really is an honest competition and not rigged.

36. Denise Says:
    October 4th, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Well I certainly hopoe she wsas voted off the show for those reasons. That means Whites are snapping out of it. Negroes are generally violent, destructive, and wothless. At best thay are complete bores.

Affirmative action, integration, Negroes. All bad ideas.

37. nowswimback Says:
    October 5th, 2012 at 8:14 am

It’s just easier on the bloated black ego to blame everything on nonexistent “racism” than admit that they are simply failures.

38. Paul Pace Says:
    October 5th, 2012 at 8:56 am

She got kicked off because she’s an old, fat pig! Not to mention she looks like a gorilla! N!ggers always whine and use the race cared whenever anything doesn’t go their way!

Comments