Will Usher Help Keep His Stepson Alive?

July 15, 2012 11:00 AM by Lisa Princ

Last week we learned that Usher and his ex wife Tameka were struck with tragedy, as their 11-year-old son was critically injured in a jet ski accident, and then declared brain dead. The singer and former Extreme Makeover: Home Edition participant has been torn up over the devastating news, but will he help keep his stepson alive? What do we mean? Read on for the scoop!

After the tragic accident that left Usher’s stepson brain dead, Usher’s ex wife, Tameka Foster,  is reportedly dealing with insurance issues as her son remains on life support. According to TMZ, Tameka will only be able to keep Kyle on life support as long as her insurance pays for it, because she does not have the funds to pay for it on her own. The insurance company reportedly told Tameka that they will only pay for a couple months at most – will Usher step up and help out?

Usher supposedly loves Kyle as his own son, but as of right now, he has not offered Tameka any financial support. Usher has been by Tameka’s side during this tragic time and has been very supportive, but the gossip site claims that Tameka does not see him as a viable financial option. Even though doctors have told Usher and Tameka that Kyle is brain dead, Tameka is not giving up hope that her son will make a complete recovery. Tameka has told friends that she believes in miracles, but that hope may be ruined if the insurance chooses to pull the plug on Kyle.

Should Usher help out financially if Tameka needs it? What do you think? Comment and share your thoughts with us below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! Click here for more information on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. For other great Reality TV news, feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Extreme Makeover Home Edition.

Photo Courtesy: WENN

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition |

9 Responses to “Will Usher Help Keep His Stepson Alive?”

1. carol marks Says:
    July 15th, 2012 at 1:10 pm

WHY IS THIS AN USHER THING ? ? The boy is not Ushers . . . Usher is doing all this for publicity, Usher’s picture are all over, WHY ? ? What about the boy and the boy’s Mother, where are their pictures . . . . Usher isn’t paying any money, to keep the boy on life-support longer, and I am sure Usher can afford to pay, IF he WANTED to. . . . But Usher is not paying !

2. topryder1 Says:
    July 15th, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Usher is not married to this woman…ergo, this child is not his stepson and you should know better. Please stop creating the news.

3. zz Says:
    July 15th, 2012 at 4:34 pm

i think that usher should help as much as he can for his stepson could stay on life suppor. i know that she believe in god. i know that it is hard for her as a mother. because i think a mother should never had to loss a child. i lost a child 18 years ago and till this day it is still hard for me. my prayer goes out to the family of Kyle.

4. Alat28 Says:
    July 15th, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Keep Kyle alive. Let God work his miracle!

Every Mother & Father in this country is praying for his recovery.

5. DC Says:
    July 16th, 2012 at 6:26 am

Usher is not the child’s father, but has anyone figured the cost of the treatment? How much and for How long? I work in the ER and Brain dead is just that Brain dead. Let us all just pray for the boy whatever the outcome.

6. atlhottie Says:
    July 16th, 2012 at 8:44 am

Keep praying…my brother was shot in his right temple and was declared brain dead. Today he is alive and functioning well despite his brain injury. God is powerful. Tameka needs ur prayers

7. mya Says:
    July 16th, 2012 at 12:18 pm

i have never heard of anyone recovering from being brain dead. I believe in God too but once your brain dead thats it.His brain is no longer functioning.I know how hard it will be but they will have to let them go

8. Sashi621 Says:
    July 17th, 2012 at 8:19 am

I can’t imagine the pain that the parent, and step parent are going through. I also can’t imagine knowing that I had to turn off my child’s machine by a certain date. That is brutal!!!
    However, as a nurse, I know that brain dead means brain dead. Your brain does not make new brain cells, and you do not recover. His mother is still hopeful, and is wanting a miracle. She should be given time to feel these things….it’s part of the grieving process. One day, she might realize that he isn’t “living” anymore and decide to let him go. Then again, she may never feel that way. Who are we to say? It is a horrible situation, and I’m sure their pain is overwhelming.

9. Jay Says:
    July 18th, 2012 at 2:34 pm

If I had Millions on the bank, I would pay the bills for Kyle, even he is not my child. He is the son of the woman Usher had a relationship and he shared life with Kyle. If he is able and can afford to pay the bills for a couple of months or years, it would be so wonderful if he do it! It doesn´t matter if he is not his child, he is not a stranger to him! I couldn´t live with that feeling, knowing I had the opportunity to pay money to keep a boy alive. It doesn´t matter if their relationship is over or not. It is just about the help. God would love it!

Comments