July 23, 2012 09:00 AM by Shayla Perry

With reports that Mariah Carey is inching closer to cementing a deal with FOX, and Randy Jackson presumably staying put (for now), there’s still one spot left to fill on the judges’ panel of the hit reality competition, American Idol, and filling it won’t be easy. Faced with budget constraints, faltering ratings, and the daunting task of finding a trio with the right “chemistry,” Nigel Lythgoe and company definitely have their work cut out for them ahead of Season 12. So will they be asking for America’s help when it comes to replacing Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler?

What better way to boost ratings and make the fans happy than to give them the final say as to who’s going to fill the last chair on the judges’ panel?

It may not be the plan right now, but it’s definitely something that Idol producers will be considering as they weigh their options going into the 12th season of the show.

According to The Wall Street Journal, “dozens” of candidates are being interviewed for the position, which will require the right “mix of star power and credibility.” And of course, someone willing to do the job for a lot less than others have in the past.

Bring on the former contestants!

Fans and Idol alums alike have dropped Carrie Underwood and Adam Lambert‘s names as potential judges, and supposedly, they’re being considered. But will FOX try to capitalize on the stars they created by having us vote on which former American Idol contestant will return as a judge? Should they? Tell us what you think in the Comments section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about American Idol. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality TV.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows, Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler |

128 Responses to “American Idol Hosts Auditions for Judges: Will We Get To Decide Who Replaces Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler?!”

1. 220trish Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 9:24 am

Please not Mariah Carey!! She is so annoying!!! Lets find someone with a possible thought process please!!!

2. Barb Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 9:29 am

Nothing against Carrie Underwood, she is a good singer, but I believe Adam Lambert would be more of an audience draw. He was very popular when he was a contestant & has a very big fan base which would draw viewers. He is also very honest & articulate in all his interviews & I think he would be honest with the new line up giving good criticism. He was also the only idol alumni called back to be a mentor & did quite well.

3. mary Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 9:37 am

They should have two “star” judges and one “guest” every week…..some of the guests could be former idol contestants..others should be from every aspect of the music industry.

4. Ah ha! Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 9:38 am

The judges being judged. That’ll work! Everyone likes it when the judges are judged.

5. Linda Endres Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 9:38 am

I think they should try a common everyday person. I myself would love to be a judge on the show. I know i could do a great job as i have a good voice, personality and know a good singing voice when i hear one. I am a musician myself (flute player) so i can relate. I would love it if they would give me a try!!

6. sarita Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 9:42 am

I say, let an actual viewer be the judge in that final chair..a different one each week! best part..no fee..give them tickets to see the finale, let them meet the idol contestants…Score!! everyone wins!

7. robert davis Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 9:42 am

i would say fantisia they should be able to get her at a good price

8. Rick West Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 9:42 am

why not put someone that has music knowledge but is not allready filthy rich to begin with. what idol is paying these stars is ridiculous

9. Rog Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 10:06 am

I think a former Idol who came in first or second and went through the process and is still popular would be the way to go.

10. Mickey Wright Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 10:17 am

Charlie Sheen would be my choice. He would definately bring in the viewers.

11. Kim Bailey Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 10:29 am

ADAM LAMBERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. judy Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 10:30 am

Mariah Carey for sure…would love for her to be a judge…Gene Simmons I think would be a great judge!

13. Judy White Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 10:32 am

I think that a former contestant would be a good judge. They know exactly what is required to get through the process. My pick would be Adam Lambert.

14. Yvonne Akins Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 10:34 am

Definitely Adam Lambert. He would bring lots of glitz and glamour – and most importantly, TALENT.

15. Kayla Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 10:44 am

They Should Definatly Have Carrie Underwood Back As A Judge On American Idol!!! :)

16. diane Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 10:46 am

My vote goes to Clay Aiken. He is smart well spoken and funny. Still the most watched final of AI. Might bring back some fans who have stopped watching.

17. Carol Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 10:53 am

I think they should have whoever the mentor of the week is or Will.I.Am.

18. RS Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 10:57 am

Dave Chapelle, Robin Williams, Dana Carvey, Jeff Foxworthy, etc. In other words a very funny comedian.

19. arend Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 10:58 am

I SAY 100% kelly clarkson

20. Georgia Pleach Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 11:01 am

Adam Lambert would make me want to watch the show, he is entertaining and good at what he does!!!

21. Nicole Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 11:04 am

No on Adam please! He is a has been that never was. Go for someone with youth and talent!

22. Linda Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 11:05 am

Clay Aiken! He is intelligent and funny. Miariah no…Carrie, no,
    Fantasia, definitely no, the girl can barely speak but she sure can sing.

CLAY AIKEN, AND HE WOULD BRING A LOT OF FANS.

23. Leah Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 11:06 am

Yuck! Why do they keep trying to shove Adam Lambert down our throats? Give it up idol. He won’t attract new viewers.

24. Bobby Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 11:06 am

I vote for Kid Rock.

25. kate Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 11:07 am

Lambert? You’re kidding, right?

26. mattie wash Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 11:10 am

I agree with #3 using a guest judge please get someone who can really sing preferably been out there awhile The last season of idol really sucked now I know you can do better How about Gladys Knight,Aretha Franklin, Patty Labelle How about a try ok? The past idols No Way Need someone who knows the business I am currently a fan don’t know how much longer Thanks

27. Kerry Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 11:10 am

I am a huge Adam Lambert fan, but I don’t think now is the time for him to be a judge on any kind of singing reality show. He should wait until he’s further into his career and put out more albums. I remember people thought before he should be a judge, but he said he was flattered by the idea, but that he wanted to have a career first. Mariah Carey is a bit annoying, but she might be entertaining as a judge.

28. Lisa in NJ Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 11:14 am

My suggestions are: John Legend (was a judge on Duets and excellent). Jennifer Nettles (also a judge on Duets and excellent), Howard Stern (turns out he has been a good judge on America’s Got Talent), OR Shania Twain (guest judge on AI a few years back) or Harry Connick Jr (also a guest judge on AI a few years back). OR TAKE a real leap and bring back Simon and Paula.

29. jeff Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 11:18 am

Saw Clay Aiken on Celebrity Apprentice. He was great; smart and very funny. If this is a poll, I vote for him.

30. Patrick Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 11:24 am

ADAM LAMBERT…BEST PURE ENTERTAINER OF ALL AI CONTESTANTS EVER!!!

31. Sharon Buckley Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 11:41 am

I too vote for Clay Aiken. He definitely has the insight. He is well spoken and funny. I guarantee he would bring in the viewers.

32. Tracy Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 11:48 am

Yea..why wouldn’t Randy Jackson “stay put”. Hes got no where else to go. And Maria Carey..you have got to be kidding. She is so freaking annoying.

33. colleen rose Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 11:51 am

CLAY AIKEN !!!!!

34. Talib Fardan Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 11:51 am

How about the artist formerly known as Prince? If anyone knows what his current name is!

35. colleen rose Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 11:52 am

CLAY AIKEN !!!!! He would be perfect!

36. Scott Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 11:54 am

Gene Simmons and Tom Petty

37. Bee Bee Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 11:57 am

I think it would be a big mistake to get a previous Idol as it could cause problems and jealousy down the road. I like Mariah Carey but she tends to get a little self focased and go on and on but she might work. I have really enjoyed Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler and always Randy, but they need someone that knows the music industry and can be totally unabias as to who goes and stays. It took a while to get use to new judges when the previous ones went off but I actually think it has been better. Maybe a music producer is the answer at any rate I hope it is someone good so the show does stay on I would really miss it.

38. Shane Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 12:02 pm

American Idol mouthpiece Nigel Lythgoe already said that Adam Lambert was never a consideration. Radar Online and many others are reporting that it is Carrie Underwood and Clay Aiken that are in talks. I love Carrie’s songs but that girl is as boring as watching grass grow. Bring on Clay Aiken. He proved he is funny and smart on Celebrity Apprentice and that guy has perfect pitch. Best candidate of the bunch if you ask me!

39. Dina Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Please, not Adam Lambert! I am an avid American Idol fan but will cannot deal with listening to a flamboyant gay man week after week!

40. kitw Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 12:09 pm

CLAY AIKEN! He would be a fabulous judge. I sure hope the Powers That Be are aware of the great job he did on Celebrity Apprentice recently. He has the charm, wit, knowledge, and honesty to make a great judge and bring this once-top notch show back to its former preeminence.

41. Dina Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 12:09 pm

How bout Katherine McPhee? She is a standout!

42. Pauline Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Get Simon Cowell back! Would like to see a fresh, new face …. say, Taylor Swift? No on Adam Lambert as he is over the top. How about Antonio Banderas? Sexy, fun, vocal and guitar artist! I was crazy about David Cook and Scotty McCreery.

43. Josh Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 12:20 pm

My vote goes with Kim Kardashian!

44. JS Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 12:22 pm

The Lambert fans are out in full force once again, of course they want their idol and think he’s the best. That doesn’t make him the best.

If thinking about a former idol for judge, why not rotate the former idol every week. Take the the idols listed in the top ten most successful of all idols and use them if available. All the former idols have music knowledge, have been on the show and in the business so they are all qualified in that respect. Some have been in the business a lot longer and have had more diversified success than others.

45. Kelly Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I vote for Anne Robinson who hosted the weakest link Bye Bye!!!! Im just saying Yo Yo Yo Dawg

46. JulieAnn Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Please, please, please NOT Mariah !! I don’t even like seeing her on a commercial – let alone on a show like Idol! There’s got to be somebody better! I think she’d bring the ratings down fast. Really I will not watch her. I thought the show needed help right now…so why are they considering Mariah? Ratings will fall even more. How about considering someone like Bette Midler because she’s a riot to watch and she CAN sing! You get the best of both worlds with her, plus she’s wise in the music world!! For the other seat how about …Reba McEntire (she loves TV). Garth Brooks with probably say no so, how about one of the guys from Big and Rich? Trisha Yearwood? NOT MC!!

47. W4LT3R Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Will. I. Am and Shania Twain

48. Maria Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 12:31 pm

What about Elton John? Great entertainer. He knows music because he has the experience. He would be a credible judge. He’s candid, British and a bit crude at times, like Simon.

49. Sondra D. Thomas Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 12:36 pm

How about Joe Jonas,or David Cook.

50. brenda Harding Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 12:40 pm

I believe Elise Testone of season 11 or like some said someone new I would be agreat judge having listened and critiques music my whole life I do know a good voice when I hear it.

51. pat Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Steven and JLo will b e so hard to replace- my husband and I both loved them. He will not watch Adam Lambert-

52. blanca daly Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 12:46 pm

mick jagger, rod stewart, prince!!!!! they’re all colorful!!!!!

53. bob coward Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 12:50 pm

I think they should let a fan be a judge. It is the fans who vote so why not let a fan like me be a judge. AI Pick Me!

54. Charlene Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Adam. Definitely Adam. He was a wonderful mentor and would make a great judge. No doubt in my mind.

55. Erin Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 12:58 pm

NOT Mariah Carey please, would be less likely to watch if she is on. NOT Adam Lambert please. How about Priscilla Presley? Or someone who mentors performers? One mentor judge and then a different guest star each week from the style of music being performed.

56. Ed Roberts Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 1:13 pm

I definitely feel the remaining judge should be me!
    I am a career musician (55 years)who’s still writing
    and producing songs…I had a platinum hit along the
    way……and I have a personality like Simon..I have NO
    problem telling things like they are!
    Yes, one well-qualified ‘relatively un-known’ judge is
    a definite plus for next season!

57. Courtney Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 1:19 pm

How about Carrie Underwood AND Adam Lambert, and no Mariah Carey? That’d be soooo much better!

58. Shonda S Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 1:44 pm

I think 2 star judges & a weekly guest judge would be fun. Guest judges could consist of Idol’s past winners or runner-ups, with a mix up of different singers/songwriters or producers. Change it up a little…

59. Mona Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Most definitely, Adam Lambert!!!!

60. Christopher Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Adam Lambert!

61. Barbara Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Every year one judge should be previous contestants. Runner up, most likable, or picked by viewers…..

62. dorothy m raftery Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Clay Aiken for sure!!!! Way to go!!!!

63. Lisa Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I agree, Adam Lambert is a great choice! I would totally watch again this year if he was one of the judges.

64. holly Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Time to stopp watching American Idol after all these years if Mariah Carey signs on. Don’t need divas full of themselves

65. Teri Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 2:57 pm

PLEASE NO! NOT MARIAH CAREY! ADAM LAMBERT WOULD BE GREAT, I THINK. WHAT ABOUT REBA MCINTIRE OR DOLLY PARTON? BOTH AMAZING SINGING TALENTS, AS WELL AS BUSINESSWOMEN.

66. dianezee Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 3:30 pm

I’d say Clay Aiken or Adam Lambert. They are both great singers and intelligent young men who made it to the end of Idol and know what it takes to get through the contest, as well as making records and doing concerts.

67. Kim V Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Stevie Nicks! She was awesome as a mentor this past season. She is actually talented and has been in the business for a very long time and can offer good advice.

68. Dotttie Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 4:20 pm

I vote for Clay Aiken. Funny, smart, great singer himself, and has judged talent shows. He would be the right one.

69. crystal Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 4:25 pm

CHARLIE SHEEN ALL THE WAY ….HE HAS THE BRAINS EVEN THOUGH HE ISNT IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY “EITHER WAS ELLEN DEGENERES” AND SHE WAS A JUDGE FOR ONE SEASON …CHARLIE WOULD NOT ONLY BE A GOOD JUDGE BUT HE WOULD BRING THE RATINGS SKY HIGH AND MAKE THE SHOW ENJOYABLE AGAIN IF NOT BETTER THAN IT EVER HAS BEEN….SOMEONE THAT HAS SUNG ON THE SHOW BEFORE SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS A JUDGE THATS UNFAIR AND WOULD MAKE THE SHOW BORINGGGGGGGGGGGGG

70. Teegra Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 4:42 pm

I would like to see Areatha Franklin fill that spot. She’s seasoned, talented, knowledgeable, and perfect for the job..She has a strong personality and would be fair in her judgements.

71. gene davis Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Brian Dunkleman

72. Jeanetta Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Clay Aiken would be my choice, he came in second and is one of the best to come out of Idol and should have won IMHO, alot of Claymates would be watching.

73. Jake Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Pleeeeeeese Randy! Just leave! You must have enough money by now to be able to quit.

And I say I don’t like the idea of Adam Lambert. I think he would try to be the “Simon” when he would be more suited for “Old randy”. Plus I simply just don’t like him.

74. miller Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Please NOT Miriah. Can you find a diva less articulate than she is. She is so hard to listen to when she talks and rarely can compose a clear thought. Carrie is too sweet to be interesting. What happened to people who are articulate and honest like Katy Perry and Shania Twain. Randy and Miriah-dullfest of the millineum. I won’t be watching those two.

75. april Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Mariah carey for sure and the othe rjudge should be chris daughtry

76. Lori O Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 6:32 pm

you should have garth brooks, or george straight, or someone like faith hill, reba mcentire, shania twain.

77. camille Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 6:40 pm

oh def adam lambert he is the glam of all times…come on..

78. MamaT Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 7:19 pm

I like the idea of guest judges. They did that in one of the earlier seasons. I would like to see Faith Hill, Rick Springfield, Bret Michaels, Patti LaBelle, Jermaine Jackson to name a few.

79. rhonda Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 8:04 pm

I say it’s time to retire the show! I use to love the show but for the last 3 years it has become boring. Simone,Paula,and Randy were the best. Send it out to pasture and shoot it!

80. John Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 8:17 pm

Strange as it may sound, I think Gene Simmons would be a “Simon-like” judge, which is what has been missing. You get tired of hearing “that was great” when the audience knows otherwise. Other choices–Bret Michaels, David Cassidy.

81. John Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 8:20 pm

As strane as it may sound, I think Gene Simmons could be a “Simon-like” judge, which has been what is missing. Too many “you sound great” comments when the audience knows better. Other choices: Bret Michaels, David Cassidy.

82. Denise Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 8:43 pm

How about ADAM COROLLA,yes Adam be the man :)

83. Sherry Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Would LOVE to see Adam Lambert fill one of the judging positions. Think he’s smart, knowledgeable about music and would bring some excitement to Idol.

84. Marie Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 9:29 pm

What about P Diddy? He straight to the point, and he knows what he is talking about. AI needs someone tough even though Tyler and Lopez was good, I always think they place nice. AI is missing the person who will keep it real without the fillers. Someone in the music industry is tough cookies.

85. Susan Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Mariah and Adam Lambert are perfect! Both are brillant,gifted singers so since it’s a singing competition, the judges should be the best. Mariah and adam fit that mold hands down! I’m so glad mariah is now signed on…. now they need adam!

86. Dixie Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 9:52 pm

..when Paula Abdul left, I was relived, she was so annoying. When Simon left, I worried that the show would not be the same. I tried watching while Ellen was judging, she was okay, but not satisfactory. When J. Lopez and Stephen Tyler came on, I did not watch the first few shows. When I did, I was very pleasantly surprised as I found Stephen Tyler so entertaining. J. Lopez was only annoying. With the exit of Stephen Tyler, the names being bounced around sound absolutely…well, the only way to put it is, that every one of the names I’ve seen tossed out there are of people who I already know are absolutely annoying or just plain boring. Some may be nice people, but just arent anyone I want to watch every week on this show. Knowing my one little opinion doesnt matter at all, however who knows? If I feel this way, chances are, there are many other Jane and John Smiths out there who feel the same way, and will be saying Goodbye American Idol…enjoyed you for awhile, and now it’s also time for ME to move on! Other channels and shows await!

87. Amy Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Adam Lambert??? REALLY?? FANTASIA?? Yeah. NOPE. I agree, goodnight and goodby, American Idol.

88. Clint Daniels Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Get Steve Perry of Journey Fame to be a judge…it is time…

89. Justin Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 10:22 pm

I think they should either stop the show because they cant find anyone and also that the ratings went down and Jlo and Steven Tyler probably left because they knew something was coming up. America doesnt need Adam Lambert or Mariah Carey no offence but someone who’s been in Music along time or something!!! Someone who will have the ratings high!! Because The X Factor has Britney and Demi on there and why not someone like Katy Perry or Vanessa Hudgens!! Or even me I know I may not be famous but I would make a great judge!! I tell people what they need to work on and what not to do!! Ive been taking Music and I know what Music is about. If you want me to be a judge contact me because My sister and Cousins play a singing game and I judge them and they judge me so I know how it is to be a judge. If they dont find anyone why not pick me a young person like me and it doesnt matter if your 15 going on 16 i would be a good one cause I know what Im talking about and would know how to use the save and when not to use it!!! I could be the first teenage Judge

90. Julie Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 10:28 pm

I think Taylor Hicks would be an excellent choice. He is a great musician and has a fun personality.

91. ScooteR Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 11:38 pm

Not sure why Adam Lambert’s name keeps coming up? I get he was good on American Idol but He hasn’t had but one hit. His first album didnt produce much and his second album went #1 but with only 125,000 copies sold. Has it even gone platinum?

Carrie Underwood or Kelly Clarkson would be ideal since they are the two best selling singles / albums artists of the shows history. Kelly said she wouldnt want to just but Mentor. So that leaves Carrie.

Jordin Sparks would actually be better than Adam. More single hits and more album sales i would guess. “No Air” is the 3rd highest downloaded song by an AI artist.

We all know Mariah Carey has signed a deal. To the first poster who said she is annoying (get over it) If you think she is annoying wait til you listen to Britney. She rarely did interviews “like” throughout “like” her career for a reason. I like Britney but that is a fact.

I was thinking of some people who might Gel good with MC and Randy and one name stuck out. P. Diddy. He has been on show plenty of times as performer and also mentor. He has worked with Mariah and is friends with Randy. Good Chemistry. He also has no problem booting people. (have you seen his Making the Band show)

Will i am would be another i guess but with MC on the show you can pretty much count out another female on that panel. She probably put that in her contract.

92. idolfan Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 1:09 am

Carrie Underwood… I can tell you that if Adam Lambert is a judge I will not watch American Idol

93. shonya Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 6:48 am

ADAM LAMBERT!!! he is amazing and i think will be a good choice cos he was one of its best contestants

94. Dustin Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 7:18 am

I’m so sick and tired of all this damn TV. It just shows how many people enjoy drama! Drama Kings and Queens!!!

95. bluGram Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 7:27 am

Randy should have gone … years ago….he’s useless

96. blugram Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 7:30 am

If anyone has seen an indepth interview with Adam Lambert they would see he is intelligent, articulate, witty and has been in musical field since he was 10 years old.

97. Ken Holly Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 7:55 am

Why GIVE millions to some old HAS-BEEN. Boost the payments to the contestants. My choice for judge: Carrie Marie Underwood who is current and relevant.

98. ADAMFAN Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 8:29 am

ADAM LAMBERT. SMART, ARTICULATE, NOT SHY, POPULAR, VERY FUNNY, AND EASY ON THE EYES.

99. cindy Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 8:41 am

I would like to see Natalie Cole be a judge.

100. angel Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 8:46 am

Too bad they are getting mariah carey..I have been watching Idol since the beginning..This will be the first season we wont be watching in my househould..mariah carey is a user…just a little info on her sluttines..she wasnt famous married a music producer got famous and divorced him..she waas also qouted “I will divorce him once I can get half of his money” and she did..I am a happily married woman and think her actions suck..bye bye Idol

101. Dee Dee Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 8:52 am

Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton, Amy Grant, Garth Brooks,Shakira, Ricky Martin

102. anne Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 8:56 am

I PERSONALLY THINK YOU NEED A JUDGE WHO HAS SEVERAL YEARS EXPERIENCE IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY INSTEAD OF SOMEONE WHO HASNT BENN IN THE BUSINESS TO LONG BECAUSE EXPERIENCE IS THE KEY FACTOR IN BEING A JUDGE. THEY DEFINITELY NO WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A POTENTIAL CONTESTANT. BECAUSE THEY HAV ETHE EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFACATIONS TO BACK THEM UP ON THE JUDGING PANEL….

103. sheri Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 8:59 am

stevie nicks

104. angela Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 9:01 am

too bad we wont be watching Idol in my house. thuis will be the first season we wont be watching..CANNOT stand mariah carey..why look at her personal history

105. Christine McDow Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 9:06 am

Justin, I agree with your comment about Adam Lambert, but Mariah Carey has been in the industry for over 20 years. :) How long do you think a judge should have in the industry?

106. Helen Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 9:11 am

I don’t care too much for Mariah.To me the show is going downhill anyways.I really did enjoy Steven Tyler,hate to see him go.I love Carrie Underwood,but would love to see someone who would bring a little “humor” to the show.Right now,I watch the Voice.Only because they don’t “judge” how you look and there is a LOTS of humor on that show,which to me,makes it enjoyable.
    Speaking of which,bring Blake Sheldon to the show,now there’s your humor American Idol!!

107. Jay Kay Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 10:19 am

ADAM LAMBERT FOR SURE!!! :DD Finally, something to make Idol worth watching. Poised, intelligent, REALLY talented, and drop dead gorgeous…he made an outstanding mentor and he’ll make a great judge! And all the haters who say they won’t watch if he’s on it WILL watch just to put him down if he puts a toe out of line. Not that I like that attitude, because I love Adam, but either way, people WILL WATCH. That’s the smartest move they can make. :)

108. kate long Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 10:20 am

Don’t know if he would be interested, but Bob Seger wrote one of the best rock & roll songs of all times. Plus he knows about singing and he has a Midwest temperament; this would be a welcome relief. I do think that being a judge is hard: not everything they offer may be right for that individual. I also think they should change the format so that they keep the top 10 for a certain number of weeks and add up the vote count then have an elimination show that would be more a reflection of overall talent.

109. Dove Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 10:40 am

To those who think that Adam Lambert would not be a good judge, I think he would be AWESOME!

I am one of those who quit watching when Simon Cowell left, with Adam back I would start watching again.

I love his music.

110. Carrie Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 11:10 am

I think they should bring Shania Twain back. She was awesome when she was a guest judge. Mariah Carey is annoying!

111. joe sal Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 11:32 am

I wonder if they pick the judges the same way they pick the contestants. I think not all empty brainers.

112. HoneyB Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Clay Aiken – still one of the most talented.

113. Miss Rosie Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 1:32 pm

We need a nother Brit–Mick Jagger gets my vote!

114. Revell Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Ryan Seacrest needs to be replaced. REALLY!

115. tkdchick Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Adam Lambert!!!! (Although I want to see him tour for Tresspassing)

116. rhonda Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 3:55 pm

I think Ozzy would be a great judge

117. John Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I think Gene Simmons could be the missing “Simon” judge that the show lacks. No one wants to keep hearing “how great” everybody is. Other choices—Bret Michaels and David Cassidy.

118. Me Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 5:00 pm

I don’t think Adam Lambert has enough musical clout. He didn’t even win. I can’t name any of his #1 records since he left idol. I would rather it be Boy George, George Michael, or Elton John is Idol is going for that demographic.

119. Sherry Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 5:51 pm

CHARLIE SHEEN ALL THE WAY , HE IS SOME KINDA EYE CANDY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

120. Jeanne Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 7:14 pm

If anyone of the Adam Lambert “haters” saw him perform with Queen in Eastern Europe and London earlier this month, then they would have seen pure genious! The man can sing circles around most of the pop stars and would be a fantastic Idol judge.

121. EAZY $ Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 10:49 pm

THEY need to get OZZY OSBOURNE he’s been around awhile and that would be great it would even draw in people that never watch the show just to see OZZY

122. Charlie Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 10:51 pm

OZZY OSBOURNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

123. Nicole Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 10:58 pm

ADAM LAMBERT is awesome! He is by far the best singer/entertainer that Idol has ever had. He was a great mentor and he’ll be dead honest with his feedback. He’s perfect!!!! I also say NO FLIPPING Mariah Carey. God she’s annoying. I think Harry Connick Jr would also be a great judge. So my vote is for Randy, Adam and Harry!

124. Colleen Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 11:40 pm

Rob Thomas would be great!

125. jordan Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 11:45 pm

plz bring back jordin sparks origanal idol plz plz shes amazing, nothing against underwood or lambert but origanal idol would be awesome!!!! GET MARIAH CAREY

gasp

and how about celo green or rihanna or KATY PERRY!!! :) omg!!

126. Angela Says:
    July 30th, 2012 at 4:36 pm

We need someone fiesty like reba or miranda lambert, brad paisley, gotta be entertaining, kid rock would be so funny, also celine dion or the funny singer crap forgot his name but he sings the streak…

127. jeannie Says:
    July 30th, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Bring in Tommy Lee or Brett Michaels

128. Ronn Says:
    September 2nd, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Look why not pick someone who really needs the money these stars did need more money let me do it for half of what u are giving them

Comments