Ack! Could Arie Luyendyk Jr. Be The Next Bachelor?

July 27, 2012 11:00 AM by Lisa Princ

Ugh, the rumors about who could be the next star of The Bachelor are still floating around, now that Roberto Martinez reportedly has a new gal. While most fans are hoping that Sean Lowe takes the gig, there is still the possibility that Arie Luyendyk Jr. could be The Bachelor. We know, icky…but, does he even have any interest? Find out after the jump!

Now that Roberto Martinez will not be doing The Bachelor, the focus has been on Sean Lowe, who many fans thought would end up with Emily Maynard. However, another name has now been thrown into the mix – sleazy finalist, Arie Luyendyk Jr.

Is Arie interested? Maybe. In a recent post Bachelorette interview, Arie revealed: “I went into the Bachelorette with zero expectations and I found love. It was very hard to move forward, but I still hold the same hope in my heart that someone out there will, someday, be the perfect fit,” adding: “It would be a very tough decision to open myself up again like that, but I do know I’m ready to find someone. You never know!”

Oh yay, can you sense our excitement at this possibility. Sorry, but we still want to see Sean Lowe take the gig – please, please ABC – offer it to Sean, we beg of you!

As for his time on The Bachelorette, Arie Luyendyk Jr. says he has no regrets: “I can honestly say I was 100% myself and I would not have changed a thing. I was really grateful for the experience and I was so lucky to have had a connection with Emily. It made my time on the show very enjoyable. It was a wild ride.”

Time to sound off fans! Who do you want to see as the next Bachelor? Arie Luyendyk or Sean Lowe? Perhaps you have someone else in mind? Comment and let us know below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Bachelorette. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Bachelorette.

Photo Credit: ABC

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette |

24 Responses to “Ack! Could Arie Luyendyk Jr. Be The Next Bachelor?”

1. Deb Kalin Says:
    July 27th, 2012 at 11:13 am

PLEASE PLEASE MAKE SEAN LOWE THE BACHELOR. I WILL NOT WATCH the show if its anyone else. Wait a minute I thought Sean is The Bachelor for 2013. Confused!!! I hope I’m right Sean Lowe for BACHELOR!!!

2. amy Says:
    July 27th, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Totally disagree with you…Arie fever here! Arie all the way…as soon as possible! We miss Arie on Monday night T.V.! Arie needs someone just as special and wonderful-inside and out-as he is. Team Happy Ending for Arie here! The sooner the better.

3. Ally Says:
    July 27th, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Sean is a big lug. Acts like a simpleton, goofy, been hit too many times in the head football player…although he is sweet. Arie has so much more depth. Arie for the next Bachelor!

4. Marcy Says:
    July 27th, 2012 at 6:41 pm

ABC Executives: I am requesting Sean Lowe as the next bachelor. He has all the right qualities for a contestant- cute, polite and right morals. Never mind that he’s also a extremely attractive person.
    Do the right thing and let Sean found some happiness.

5. Julie Montaldo Says:
    July 27th, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Team Arie all the way. Out of all The Bachelor seasons, he was my absolute favorite and I would love the opportunity to watch him as the next Bachelor.

6. Rhonda DeWitt Says:
    July 27th, 2012 at 7:06 pm

I THINK SEAN OR ARIE WOULD BE FAB. HOW ABOUT A LITTLE SHAKE UP AND HAVE BOTH !

7. Zeny Says:
    July 27th, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Arie, please to be the next bachelor. It will be another blast season for the show if Arie will be the bachelor.

8. Sue Says:
    July 27th, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Sean Sean SEAN Please ABC!
    Arie seems fake.
    Team Sean all the way!
    He is Gorgeous & Very Genuine.

9. Rachael Says:
    July 28th, 2012 at 9:00 am

SEAN LOWE hands down no ifs or ands about it! Listen ABC EXECS Make Sean the bachelor it’d be the smartest thing you’ve ever done!

10. rachael Says:
    July 28th, 2012 at 9:05 am

SEAN please ABC i agree Sue… ABC SEAN is the REAL deal! ABC SEAN DESERVEs it!

11. Robin Says:
    July 28th, 2012 at 10:09 am

I vote for Arie – he is the best!

12. Carlina Says:
    July 28th, 2012 at 11:51 am

What’s with all the Arie hate on this site??? Arie would be a great bachelor! I LOVE Arie and would DIE if I got to watch him every week.

Although, I wouldn’t mind Sean either!

13. Deb Kalin Says:
    July 28th, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Isn’t Sean announced as The Bachelor? I am hoping he is because Sean deserves this. I will not watch if Arie is The Bachelor. I don’t like Arie at all. Arie is a bit of a creeper. Please ABC give Sean Lowe this opportunity. When will The Bachelor officially be announced?

14. Deb Kalin Says:
    July 28th, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Isn’t Sean The Bachelor? I hope so because Sean deserves this great opportunity. Sean is everything any women would want in a guy. I DO NOT WANT Arie to be The Bachelor. Arie is a bit of a creeper. Please Please ABC do the right thing and give Sean the chance at finding true love. Sean is a real man!!! xoxoxo.

15. Pam Says:
    July 28th, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Why is Arie getting all this crap? Obviously he loved Emily, and he seems genuine. Although, I don’t want him to be the next bachelor cause I want him!

16. Deb Kalin Says:
    July 28th, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Please give Sean Lowe the opportunity to be The Bachelor. What a sweet genuine guy he is and deserves this opportunity. I WILL NOT watch The Bachelor if Ari is on. Are is a bit of a creeper. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ABC please give Sean the chance at love. When will The Bachelor be announced?

17. dai coneray Says:
    July 29th, 2012 at 5:26 pm

There are quite a few men from those shows that should be the Bachelor…but please you know who DESERVES A SHOW? MICHEAL STAGGLIANO! that dude is a TRIP! Not like these dead head self centered Bachelors of old. Micheal is so lively! that would bring ratings up. Hey could I work there so I can give more ideas? just kidding

18. Cindy Says:
    July 29th, 2012 at 8:17 pm

nothing ick, ack or ugh about Arie.. He’s the real deal. ARIE please!

19. diana Says:
    July 29th, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Arie is awesome! I won’t watch Sean. He seems sweet but arie is much more interesting.

20. veronica Says:
    July 30th, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Why not a black guy? Would you guys mind? After Brad, I feel that they scrape the bottom. Black men and women need love too. It would be nice to pick a high profile good reputation black man or woman for once. Why not a black supermodel male or female? I’m sorry if that offends anyone. I’m black and so many times I watch this show. I root for the bachelor or bachelorette. I wish they’d pick someone black for once. Please tell me that you guys would still watch the show.

21. Taya Says:
    August 5th, 2012 at 9:54 am

This site is very anti Arie. I think Arie is more the common man as Sean is a little boring. Arie is more dynamic and made for tv ie ratings. Ill get bored with Sean and I love him but he shouldn’t have his own show. They should offer Arie and if turns it down then look elsewhere

22. Jennifer Says:
    August 9th, 2012 at 12:34 pm

I guess no one noticed but me that Sean was not a good kisser…which is probably why Emily didnt pick him. Arie was the king of kissing, hence all the PDA. So unless Sean steps it up in that area, I doubt that the show is going to let him be the Bachelor!

23. Melissa Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 2:08 pm

SEAN!!!! He is totally adorable and nice, and let’s not forget about what he looks like with his shirt off! He is the whole package!
    Arie is YUCK!

24. Maggie Says:
    August 18th, 2012 at 7:20 am

Sean please . I did not like Arie or his family . Sean is your All American boy and would be great !!

Comments