Bret Michaels Calls Off His Engagement To Kristi Gibson

July 31, 2012 07:00 AM by Lisa Princ

Uh Oh, has Bret Michaels been watching too much of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette? It appears the Poison frontman and former Celebrity Apprentice winner is following the normal pattern for those shows – propose on television for the sake of ratings world to see, and then call it off to the tabloids quietly. Someone say it isn’t so! Unfortunately, it is as we have learned that Bret Michaels has called off his engagement to long time girlfriend, Kristi Gibson. More after the jump!

It’s a sad day for fans of Bret Michaels, who have been pulling for the rocker to get married to Kristi Gibson, ever since he proposed on Bret Michaels: Life As I Know It back in 2010 – the couple have officially called off their engagement. “Bret and Kristi have called off their engagement at this time. Although the couple have separated they remain great friends and are committed to jointly raising their two daughters,” Bret Michaels’ rep told Life & Style Magazine.

Michaels and Gibson have two daughters, Raine Elizabeth, 12, and Jorja Bleu, 7, and have been together for 16 years. Bret Michaels has always seemed a bit hesitant when it came to the marriage discussion, and he even told People Magazine prior to popping the question: “Love and marriage are the ultimate, but I still get a little sweaty about the marriage thing.” While no more details have been revealed, we can’t help but wonder if Kristi was pushing for a wedding date, and Bret got cold feet? We may never know, but maybe these two will work things out and end up taking a trip down the aisle eventually.

The only we do know is that Kristi Gibson has stuck by Bret Michaels through some very tough times, including an almost fatal brain hemorrhage, a stroke, and an emergency appendectomy. And we can only imagine that life as a rocker’s girl cannot be easy. Our heart is breaking for these two right now.

Why do you think Bret Michaels called off the engagement to Kristi Gibson? Comment and share your thoughts with us below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about Celebrity Apprentice. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Apprentice Links.

Photo Credit: WENN

Topics: Celebrity Apprentice, NBC Reality TV Shows |

22 Responses to “Bret Michaels Calls Off His Engagement To Kristi Gibson”

1. Karen Says:
    July 31st, 2012 at 7:44 am

I think it is despicable that he has had two children with this woman, wasted 16 years of her life with promises. She saved his life when he had the stroke and yet that isn’t enough to make him commit to a beautiful woman who has stood by him through infidelity, health issues, cold feet, career that was in the tank etc. Good luck matching her attributes baldy!

2. DENIEL EDWARDS Says:
    July 31st, 2012 at 7:52 am

I’M A ROCK MUSICIAN,WRITER.PRODUCER..I WOULD CHOP MY TOES OFF TO BE WITH A GIRL LIKE KRISTI. SHE HAS BEEN IN BRET’S CORNER FOREVER….WOW WAKE UP DUDE YOU NOT A KID ANYMORE.BIG MISTAKE ON YOUR PART.I MET BRET SEVERAL TIMES YEARS PAST NOTHING PERSONAL BUT COME ON MAN WAKE UP.ALL THE BEST BRET AND KRISTI. ROCK STEADY REGARDS DENIEL EDWARDS 7/31/12.

3. jen Says:
    July 31st, 2012 at 7:55 am

It’s funny to me that this article says they have been together for 16 yrs when in the last few yrs his TV show with all these girls fighting to be with him has aired on tv, so either the show was just for money and ratings or something is a bunch of BS….famous people I swear!

4. Jeannette Says:
    July 31st, 2012 at 8:03 am

why does everyone think you have to be married

5. Crystalhunter1070 Says:
    July 31st, 2012 at 8:11 am

Listen, Brett, If you don’t want to be Married, here’s the thing…DON’T GET MARRIED!!. My “Kolega” (polish for Beloved) have raised an awesome son, a breathtaking daughter and the worst 4 years of our relationship was with that insignificant little piece of legislative shackle. After 16 years, more than 10,000 miles and Grandchildren on both sides, all I can say is like the birdcage with it for all the good it does. Enjoy Life, not Paperwork.

6. lenore Says:
    July 31st, 2012 at 8:26 am

Why do I think Bret Michaels called off the engagement? Because he is an idiot and a complete phony.

7. Me Says:
    July 31st, 2012 at 9:24 am

How were they together for 16 years when he did Rock of Love in the 2000s? More proof “reality” shows have not reality!

8. precious Patti in Utah Says:
    July 31st, 2012 at 10:49 am

Bret called off the engagement because he’s going to marry ME instead.

9. Kate Says:
    July 31st, 2012 at 10:53 am

First off, if Brett doesn’t want to get married, then that’s his business, BUT don’t lead people on. That being said, maybe Brett should talk to Gene Simmons of KISS. Gene Simmons finally married Shannon Tweed. She stuck by him his whole career and finally Gene did the right thing. He didn’t realize what he had til he almost lost it. Sounds like this is a similar situation. Wish them well. Too bad Kristi can’t just make the break and move on.

10. Missy Says:
    July 31st, 2012 at 11:33 am

I am sorry that they called off theor engagement, but why do you have to be married to love somoene? Or have ot be married to have kids together? I am married and have a beautiful daughter and I personally wouldnt have it any other way, but not everyone is like that. You do not need a piece of paper to prove love loyalty or commitment. However, he does travel all the time and has women everywhere. so we will see what happens.

11. heather Says:
    July 31st, 2012 at 11:47 am

Get over him by getting under somebody else. He had his shot and he blew it! You’re way too good Foxy Babe!!!

12. Sandra Says:
    July 31st, 2012 at 11:55 am

It’s not necessary to be married, especially these days. I think Bret proposed to Kristi because he felt pressured to do so. Pressured by Kristi, the kids, his producers, and his handlers. I’m sure he’s grateful to her for standing by him during his health crisis and I’m sure he loves her. But if he’s not IN love then he is doing the right thing by calling off the engagement.

13. Linda Glass Says:
    July 31st, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Why is Brett Michaels not marrying Kristi? Because he’s a dog, thats why. Once a dog, always a dog! If that beautiful woman was not good enough for him, then who is? As far as his Rock of Love tv show, it’s called MONEY, there is no reality to it! He was made an offer and accepted it, simple. Like he was really really gonna find love in that bus full of floozys? I think not gang…use your brains!

14. JOE BLOW Says:
    July 31st, 2012 at 1:32 pm

WHEN’S THIS A-HOLE GONNA GROW-UP?

15. dina Says:
    July 31st, 2012 at 1:35 pm

If they where in fact together 16 years and haven’t married yet, they will never marry. Seems they have been there done that. Who ever said “he” called it off? She is a beautiful woman and probably putting her children first before anyman, otherwise she would be with one. Commendable for her. As for Bret, can he really give up the abundancy of women, at this time? It’s time she starts to get into other guys. And time Brett stops getting into other girls..at least for std purposes..no pun intended.

16. Jennifer Says:
    July 31st, 2012 at 3:46 pm

First off, yes, Bret & Kristi have been together, on and off, for 16 years, not continually, and they were “off” when he was doing Rock of Love, all three of them, and when all those ended in disaster, he claims to have realized that Kristi was the one whom he really loved and who’s been there for him and who he wanted to concentrate on being in a relationship with, so they were then “on” again, for a while anyway.

Regarding the so-called proposal, I knew from the moment I saw that episode that it wasn’t a real, heartfelt proposal. I mean, jeeze, he took the ring that he had given her years before as a “promise” ring (promise of what?) and regifted it as an “engagement” ring. Not cool, Bret. If he was really serious about getting engaged, you would think he would’ve plunked down a nice chunk of change to get her a new, unique ring as an engagement ring, not just regurgitate a promise ring into an engagement ring. Red flag #1.

Red Flag #2 – it was the final episode of “Life as I know It” and Bret knew that everybody who was watching was just waiting, heart in hand, for him to pop the question, so to make his fans happy (sort of) and to boost the ratings (yes, I admit to watching LAIKI, all episodes), he did, in fact propose to Kristi, although I’m sure he had no intention of ever walking down the aisle.

Red Flag #3 — Bret is seemingly terrified of taking the plunge and saying “I do” mostly, I think, because of his parents’ failed marriage. That’s part of the problem. The other problem is, being married, I think he’s the kind of guy who, once he does, if he does, finally say “I do” he wants to be able to be faithful to that one woman and I don’t think Bret is 100% positive that he can say, without a doubt, that he would be 100% faithful to Kristi. He’s a rocker. He’s HOT, HOT, HOT and has women throwing themselve at him. He likes to party. I don’t think he’s ready to give that up yet.

All in all, although I wish I were in Kristi’s place because, after all, she is the mother of his two girls whom are and I think will always be #1 in his life and, therefore, will always have a place in his heart and, also, will never want for anything for the rest of her life. She lives in a beautiful home, drives a nice car, can get tattoo artists to come to HER when she wants a tat, she has everything…but a commitment from the father of her children.

I really hope that Bret wakes up and comes to his senses and realizes that he will probably never find a more perfect woman to settle down with. She’s gorgeous, smart, has a wicked sense of humor, and has loved him unconditionally through good and devestating times. That’s hard to top. If he doesn’t realize soon what he’s letting go, he may wake up one day too late when she has found another man to make her happy and realize what he lost. Then, it will be too late.

Kristi deserves better than being on “stand-by” waiting for Bret to decide to settle down and actually be a real family. If he doesn’t realize this soon, he’s going to lose her forever because she will have no problem finding a guy who wants to be married to her and have a real family together.

Bret, you need to wake up and see what is right in front of your face. She’s not going to be there forever and then it will be too late.

Of course, I’m always available… ;-)

17. Misty Says:
    July 31st, 2012 at 6:26 pm

This Bitch is UGLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!! YUCK !!

18. Michelle Says:
    July 31st, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Well, what does one expect of a man ho?

19. Brett Hater Says:
    July 31st, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Douchie Nipple Stix.

20. christy Says:
    August 1st, 2012 at 8:17 am

well i actualy noticed something abouthis proposal…he said something like now we can maybe find he inner love and it will last forever…sounds like he doesnt have a real heart to heart connection and hes lookingfor that not to underestimate kristi for all shes done for gim

21. Julie Says:
    August 5th, 2012 at 3:33 am

Married or not. Kristi and Bret will be together forever in one form or another. They have the bond of two children. We are all assuming he called it off, maybe she did. Whatever happens we shouldn’t judge, people come in and out of our lives all the time, there are reason for everthing.

22. Jamie Says:
    September 25th, 2012 at 6:43 am

I’m sure they had “personal” reasons for slplitting up….which, excuse me IS NONE OF OUR BUSINESS!!!
    Besides just take a look at her….he’s definitely been taking car of her over the years!!! I LOVE YOU BRET!!!

Comments