What’s Holding Arie Luyendyk Jr. Back From Doing The Bachelor?

July 31, 2012 04:00 PM by Lisa Princ

Arie Luyendyk Jr. made us sick won the hearts of many female viewers as he fought for Emily Maynard’s heart on The Bachelorette, and in a recent interview, Arie revealed that he is now in a much better place emotionally since his stint on the show. Now that his heart is healing from the break Emily gave it, what is holding the race car driver back from being the next star of The Bachelor? Read on to hear what Arie Luyendyk Jr. had to say about it!

We learned recently that Arie Luyendyk Jr. (along with Sean Lowe) are in the running to star on the next season of The Bachelor, according to the show’s producer. Earlier in the season when Arie was interviewed, he didn’t seem to show much interest in doing The Bachelor, but since then, he seems to have changed his tune. In an interview this weekend with the Indianapolis Star, Arie revealed that his heart is in a better place now since doing The Bachelorette: “I’m good. I’m in a good place now. It definitely gave me a lot of clarity about what I am looking for in a woman and I feel good.”

So, if he feels better, what could possibly be holding him back from doing a season of The Bachelor? Well, it’s as simple as not being asked…yet. Arie explained: “They are going to announce it shortly. I haven’t made a decision yet,” adding that he has not been asked yet, but: “if they did ask me, I’d be very flattered.” Now, just because he has not been asked yet, does not mean he will not be asked. Mike Fleiss recently tweeted telling fans that they were still trying to tally up the votes of which guy the people want more, and in that pool is also Roberto Martinez, despite recent reports that he has found a new girlfriend, as well as Sean Lowe.

Time to sound off fans! Who do you want to see as the next Bachelor? Arie Luyendyk Jr. or Sean Lowe? Perhaps you have someone else in mind? Comment and let us know below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Bachelorette. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Bachelorette.

Photo Credit: ABC

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette |

32 Responses to “What’s Holding Arie Luyendyk Jr. Back From Doing The Bachelor?”

1. Deb Kalin Says:
    July 31st, 2012 at 5:25 pm

SEAN LOWE AS THE BACHELOR ABC!!!! Thank you. Sean deserves this opportunity and I hope ABC can see that. I can’t tell you thank you enough if in fact you give Sean this opportunity. Sean is so down to earth and I see something so genuine and true about him. Please Please ABC give Sean this opportunity. I DON’T WANT Arie to be The Bachelor and I will not watch if its anyone but Sean. Arie is a creeper and that’s all I have to say. ABC please say YES TO SEAN LOWE!!!That’s all I ask for!!!! xoxoxoxo.

2. cantgetenough Says:
    July 31st, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Arie is my first, second and third choice.

3. donna johnsen Says:
    July 31st, 2012 at 6:45 pm

arie!

4. Marlene Says:
    July 31st, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Arie definitely…

5. Jen M C Says:
    July 31st, 2012 at 8:29 pm

ARIE!!!!!

6. Per Says:
    July 31st, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Most people and Arie fans would like to see him tobe the next Bachelor..ABC please Arie for Bachelor we would like to see him again and again on the tv screen..He will be a good and interesting bachelor to watch and he deserve to find his own love.. Idont dislike Roberto or Sean..but they are both boring and Roberto had won and was been a F1 before so please don’t bring him back…Arie, Arie Arie please.

7. Jeanette Says:
    August 1st, 2012 at 6:23 am

ROBERTO OR SEAN…If Arie is the Bachelor, I’m not watching!

8. carol Says:
    August 1st, 2012 at 10:10 am

SEAN LOWE DEFINATELY!!!

9. Sherry Says:
    August 1st, 2012 at 2:20 pm

ARIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He made me laugh. He made me cry. He is so sweet and I want to see him find the right girl.
    My only problem would be- how do I wait for January?
    Give Sean the Bachelor next time after Arie.

10. Peggy Lewis Says:
    August 1st, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Definitely Arie! One of the most interesting & entertaining bachelors ever. More than just another pretty face.

11. Mattie's Mom Says:
    August 1st, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Arie all the way; very entertaining and exciting to watch; down with Sean, too boring and I will not watch him; it will be too painful; Sorry he is just a pretty body to me and that is it. No personality, zippo!

12. Mary Ann Says:

Roberto, hands down…

16. kathy Says:
    August 2nd, 2012 at 5:37 am

ARIE ALL THE WAY!

17. Dolores Budney Says:
    August 2nd, 2012 at 6:39 am

Please give Arie a chance at meeting some decent girls. He was given the business from his first date with Emily. She is a fake. How can she spend so much time away from her Daughter. And is she showing an example to her Daughter to go on a trip with Jef? I don’t think so. Her first concern is Emily.
    Arie good luck and there are some wonderful girls out there that would appreciate you.

18. Deb Kalin Says:
    August 2nd, 2012 at 6:51 am

SEAN LOWE FOR THE BACHELOR!!! I wonder when ABC will decide. However, Sean deserves this. SEAN,SEAN, SEAN,SEAN!!! 100% SEAN LOWE AS THE BACHELOR!!!

19. Tina G Says:
    August 2nd, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Sean a million times over!!! No interest in watching ANY more of Arie. Ugh.

20. Nancy Says:
    August 2nd, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Please pick Arie for the Bachelor–if so, I will be sure to watch. The other 2 are boring.

21. RM Says:
    August 3rd, 2012 at 5:48 am

Arie has a very magnetic personality. He is funny and incredibly handsome. And his kisses are second to none. Arie all the way.

22. ChristinaMK Says:
    August 3rd, 2012 at 7:24 am

Arie all the way!

23. Charli Says:
    August 5th, 2012 at 9:50 am

Ive never commented on this before and I’m sure it won’t make any difference. I like all three potential choices for different reasons. Sean is sweet and ‘perfect’ but boring and I think ABC would take a lot of heat as he’s so ‘white’ with the lawsuit they have been dealing with. Arie is the obvious choice because he got burned and he would probably be the most dynamic choice. Roberto was one of my all time favorites but there is now a disconnect between him and fans because it’s been a while. As Roberto has already been chosen and Sean wasn’t the second place (ie first Hurt) it should be Arie. Hopefully ABC is fair as it would be cruel not to choose Arie. I don’t think either would raise/lower ratings although Sean could get rather boring after a few episodes. It’s hard because I love all three but I would choose Arie. Although, is he didn’t accept (probably unlikely) at that point It’s up to ABC.

24. chris Says:
    August 5th, 2012 at 4:10 pm

ARIE! being Danish he is more interesting….the others are boring…..

25. mackadams Says:
    August 6th, 2012 at 1:05 am

What about the Twilight Star who just got his heart broken, Rob P. or maybe Apollo Ono? Both of these guys are good looking and I could see alot of drama with women fighting over them, don’t ya think!!!

26. RM Says:
    August 6th, 2012 at 10:17 am

Arie isn’t Danish, he’s Dutch. He definitely has the strongest personality to carry the lead. His only drawback is that many people see his as a player. He doesn’t always come across as being as genuine and sincere as Sean and Roberto do. But that boy sure can kiss :)

27. Pamela Says:
    August 6th, 2012 at 1:10 pm

first is Arie, second is Sean. So why not step things up a bit and have two bachelors instead of one. I think that would make it really interesting.

28. Kathy Says:
    August 16th, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Please pick Roberto or Sean. Definately no Arie!! Yuck!!! Gag!!!

29. Kimberly Says:
    August 16th, 2012 at 11:29 pm

I choose Arie !!! He deserves a second chance after Emily totally BS’d him clear to the end. Made him believe it was him and her to the end from early on! Give Arie the Bachelor title and place so he can find a wonderful woman who deserves him . Thanks in advance ABC!!! ARIE. aLL the WAY to the Finish Line in bachelor 2013. !!!!

30. Ashley Says:
    August 19th, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Arie doesn’t want to be the next Bachelor. I saw him yesterday at my brothers race and he said to never go on a dating show. I’d be very suprised if he took the opportunity. He also is super close to getting a new sponsorship with INDY Car so he’s gonna be busy.

31. Christine McDow Says:
    August 20th, 2012 at 4:52 am

Hi Ashley, according to our sources the decision is supposed to be made this week and Arie is definitely in the running! However, Ryan Lochte might just get it. Don’t believe that Arie doesn’t want to be it. He is instructed from ABC to stay quiet. He is not going to do anything to ruin that. Sean is still in the running too.

32. Sheila Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 10:39 pm

arie please!! I would seriously watch if it was Arie. Sean is so boring,yawn, Ryan Locke, grosses!

Comments