Evelyn Lozada Released From Hospital, Chad Johnson Cut From Miami Dolphins

August 13, 2012 08:00 AM by Lisa Princ

Yesterday we learned about the domestic violence incident between Chad Johnson (Ochocinco) and Evelyn Lozada, in which the Miami Dolphins receiver was arrested for head butting the Basketball Wives‘ star. Evelyn has since been released from the hospital, and Chad has been released from the Miami Dolphins! And the wedded bliss drama continues…

Yesterday it was reported that Chad Johnson was arrested due to domestic violence. When Evelyn Lozada found a receipt for condoms in the couple’s car, a dispute started and Chad apparently head-butted Evelyn, landing her in the hospital.

Evelyn Lozada has since been released from the hospital where she was treated for a 3 inch laceration on her head. According to TMZ, things became so heated between Johnson and Lozada that Evelyn, who was fearful of Johnson, fled to a neighbors house for safety. Evelyn Lozada then called the police from the neighbor’s house, while Chad was driving around looking for her.

Rumor has it that Chad Johnson became so enraged that he began screaming at Evelyn: “I don’t give a f**k! I don’t give a f**k about my career!” Apparently, the Miami Dolphins didn’t care much about him either, because after this nonsense, he has been cut from the team. Chad has since been released, and reports claim that Evelyn will press charges against him.

Chad Johnson and Evelyn Lozada were just married last month. The couple’s new reality series, Ev and Ocho is set to premiere next month on VH1.

What do you think of this news? Are you surprised by it? We sure aren’t. Sound off in the Comments section below. We want to hear from you!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about Dancing with the Stars. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out Sir Links A Lot: Dancing With The Stars.

Photo Courtesy of VH1

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, Basketball Wives, Dancing With the Stars, VH1 Reality TV Shows |

44 Responses to “Evelyn Lozada Released From Hospital, Chad Johnson Cut From Miami Dolphins”

1. ann Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 8:09 am

Now she knows what it feels like to be fearful of somebody…She throws a bottle at one of the other women which could have someone in their head,and she gets head butted by her husband, how ironic.Don’t feel a bit sorry for Evelyn.Maybe now she think twice about her violence.

2. Rosalind Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 8:19 am

WELL, WELL, WELL. That’s all I can say.

3. Sarayah Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 8:31 am

Neither where ready to be married!! You can’t be insecure and a cheater, something had to give.

4. Janine Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 8:35 am

Typical. Ocho is a dog. I mean hello he has like 4 baby mamas. He’s disgusting. Why would a woman marry a man like that is beyond me. She is just as dumb as he is for wasting her time. Bottom line is, if a woman wants to be happy and live a somewhat peaceful and decent life, find a man opposite of ocho. Period. Thank you and goodnight.

5. jason Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 8:39 am

while you can take the people out of the ghetto, you can’t take the ghetto outa the people!!!

6. Jennifer Jones Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 8:39 am

She’s the liability. We tried to tell you that Mr. Johnson.

7. Sue Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 8:48 am

All I have to say is Jen was right and Eve should have listened to her instead of being so defensive about Chad. Chad is a womanizer and he runs through them like water. He is not marriage material. You can’t change a man who loves to give himself (meaning having multiple women) so freely to women because that is what he loves and will always love. He had Eve’s nose wide open and now look what has happened. She thought he had changed and/or that she could change him and/or he would change for her. I don’t like a man who abuses women and I feel for Eve but now she needs to get an annullment and be single for a long while and let God bring her the man she needs in her life. Oh yeah, and stay out of the lime light so much.

8. SHERIE Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 8:49 am

Not surprised……..yoiu get what yoiu get, why get mad ove condoms and you gavehim permission on the last show to sleep around. So sad, Chad is a dog that can onoy be changed when he wants to be changed. Evelyns friend, Jen, tried to warn you years ago when she first slept with him……should of listened!

9. Crystal Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 8:53 am

I’m a little shocked because Ocho was portrayed as a nice guy on the show. Evelyn is a hot head at times but domestic violence is going way to far. You should never put your hands on another person. Never! However I am not surprised that this relationship is torn because of violence and infidelity. He is a NFL football player and they are known to cheat and have lots of women. It’s all about money and power with these type of men. It’s just sad that she really thought she was going to find true love from this man. I don’t think they really knew each other long enough to make such a commitment. Now that he has shown his true colors, I’m pretty sure she is full of regret. What’s the lesson here? Don’t fuck on the first date and money is not everything!!

10. SJN Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 8:54 am

and THAT my dear Evelyn was what Jennifer was trying to warn you about…. I knew it was just a matter of days before this guy showed you his true colors. There you go, now what????

11. Geri Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 8:55 am

I feel really bad that the marriage life did not work out for Mrs. Evelyn the way she put on about it, well, guess she aint about that life.

12. Mika Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 8:55 am

Nope! I’m not surprised at all. These two never seemed right for each other! Chad never seemed to take her seriously or vice versa. I guess they deserved each other seeing as this was a relationship that was only about publicity, glamour, fame, and completely lacked depth. I guess Jennifer was right in her intuition about Chad all along.

13. dlove Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 8:56 am

I am not surprised based on the two’s outward persona, which may or may not be who they really are, coulda seen this coming from miles away. I cannot take sides because we don’t really know what happened, however, i’m certain they are equally responsible and do not understand what a “real” marriange requires.

14. sharon Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 8:58 am

Wow…shocker. After seeing the way they related to each other on Basketball Wives I am surprised this didn’t happen sooner. She better leave him and if not, get into treatment to find out why she would stay. Sheesh

15. Germaine Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 9:02 am

Not shocked at all. I guess she should have listened to her girl Jennifer about staying away from the athletes.

16. charles orange Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 9:03 am

Well ! That did’nt take long did it. I knew something was going to happen, but i thought it would happen next year. That marriage was doomed from the start. They both know they are two hoes alike.

17. Andrea Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 9:05 am

Violence begets violence. Ev is a violent person we have seen it time and time again. That doesn’t mean what happen was right but she is about “that life”. Everyone in the hood knows what that mean.

18. Rita Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 9:05 am

Not surprised…they are both immmature…don’t think it right for anyone to get physical, certainly not a man against a woman. However, Evelyn loves to try to do that to other women all the time. Also, I’m not sure why she was surprised that he purchased condoms, he very blantly told her that he was going to cheat, her response was she didn’t care as long as she knew…I guess when it became “reality” she couldn’t handle it…now he’s not making the money she expected either, hard for a golddigger to handle.

19. SIMONE Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 9:06 am

not at all surprised. they both knew what they were getting into.

20. pam Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 9:07 am

Chad Johnson has got to be the dumbest human being in all professional sports.

Gets drafted by the Cincinatti Bengals and becomes a credible all-pro receiver, allows his ego to inflate, gets the big head (changes name to Chad “Ochocinco”) and years later leaves the Bengals as a marginal receiver and side show joke.

Shows up at New England Patriots (top 2 team) with prime opportunity replacing Randy Moss and it’s revealed in training camp that he can’t read/understand/comprehend a NFL playbook unable to learn the plays necessary and also reveals he can’t run precision routes as a receiver getting to proper spots on the field where Tom Brady throws the ball just like all the other Patriots receivers (including the rookies) can.

DEEP on the bench, 15 catches with no touchdowns in 17 regular season games and only one catch, 1 touchdown in the playoffs (and that was a mercy touchdown).

Now labeled an NFL scrub, released by Patriots shows up in Miami and BEFORE THE SEASON EVEN STARTS, get’s warned by head coach for cursing during interviews and then gets arrested/goes to jail for domestic violence for hitting his “Basketball Wives” wife of less than one month who also has a very bad reputation.

21. Linda Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 9:10 am

Come on. The only suprise about this whole thing is that the marrige took place. We knew from the beginning this whole thing was for publicity and money. No…I don’t condone the violence, but she knew what she was getting into. Do I feel sorry for her…..NO, not,nada. She got paid for it.

22. tina Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 9:11 am

I can beleive he did that after only being married 1 month.

23. Lex Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 9:13 am

This is all fake ! Part of their stupid reality show !

24. T Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 9:13 am

She was a tool on “Basketball Wives.” She’s not that great of a person. Ocho has had no legal trouble and has been a fun loving guy his entire career. It seems weird that he adds her to his life, then all this drama comes about. I’m not sticking up for him, but she’s worthless. She’s a very toxic human being.

25. Simply me Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 9:15 am

i knew it wouldnt last long, because chad is a hood figga (he aint tryna settle down)

26. annette taylor Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 9:18 am

Chad should have never married the money grabbing woman..she is all about the dollar…and think about this, he has been in the league 12 years has four kids and you have not heard not one thing about him and any woman…

27. ChicagoDiva Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 9:22 am

I don’t see why she would even want to marry him. He was cheating on her through out their relationship (and she knew it) and at this point she has more money than him. Did he use her to get on TV as no one was hiring him for anything else? Never mess with a hot tempered puerto rican women. You won’t win.

28. Baisers Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 9:23 am

If you EVER watched Basketball Wives,(I watched that train wreck show with my wife, SERIOUSLY lol) but if you did, you would KNOW (that) this Lozada woman is 100% NUTS! Of ALL the women in the world, why would Chad hook up with a gold digging, money grubbing, low level prostitute like this winch! ANY woman who marries a man for status, power, MONEY or is an “athlete or musician” chaser, is nothing but a non street walking WH%$E! Ask Antoine Walker (Lozada’s ex husband)! Chad, two things my friend. #1, You should have gotten you a nice Mid-western woman when you lived in Cincinnati and #2,you are FROM Miami and KNOW that city is FULL of GOLD DIGGING SKANKS AND YOU , LIKE A FOOL, MARRIED ONE!!!!!!!!!!!! And she’s not even attractive on top of THAT!

29. James Alvarez Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 9:28 am

She probably deserved what she got, because she has a mouth on her. I am quite sure she encouraged him to do what he did. I never liked her from the first episode I seen of her on Basketball wives. She very cunning. She is also a gold digger. What sport athlete will she move to next? She has been through quite a few of them. Who would marry a female who has a reputation to sleep around with the sports world. She is a Glorified prostitute, and should be standing on someone’s corner, because she is only trying to get paid. She knew he was fu—– others before they got married. Once on an episode of basketball wives, he talked to her about bringing another woman into their bedroom, if that wasn’t clue enough. That shows he doesn’t respect her right there.

30. Summy Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 9:28 am

I don’t condone violence of ANY kind, especially DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, but I can’t help but wonder if this is KARMA paying Evelyn a visit.

On BASKETBALL WIVES too often she has been the aggressor and has shamlessly BULLIED some of the other women on the show.

She’s so “bad” that she has thrown bottles of wine, glasses, plates, silverware and anything else she could get her hands on, at them.

Evelyn and Chad BOTH knew who and what they were marrying. She stayed with him because of the $$$$ and he stayed with her because he saw the benefit of being kept before the cameras when football WASN’T on TV.

Jennifer Williams tried to warn her, but Evelyn punked her and started the backlash that would end their friendship.

I hope now she’ll sit her little behind down somewhere and quit trying to pretend that she’s “about this life” because obviously she isn’t.

Just married over a month and already receiving negative press of this magnitude? Yeah, I believe it’s KARMA and it’s going to be dished ten-fold.

If they kiss and make up, I pray that it’s under the care of a qualified therapist who can address their anger issues and Evelyn’s desire to remain with a man for $$$$.

To be quite honest, I don’t believe either of them TRULY is in love with the other. Seems more like a “marriage of convenience.”

SAY NO TO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE!!!!

31. Janice Evans Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 9:28 am

Damn Evelyn, what’s wrong with dude, why would he do such a thing to you girllll, a head butt, come on, well maybe it’s best to see him for what he is now than way down the line he starts beating you down,when a man lays hands on you once, he’ll do it again, maybe he’s jealous of your success, he always says that that’s why he’s marrying you! sometimes you’ve got to read between the lines, Love you and get better girl!

32. CJ Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 9:30 am

Marriages are doomed without Christ being at the center. Chad and Evelyn are in the spotlight but there are so many other marriages around the world like this. Humans are greedy and selfish at their core and in need of a transformation of the heart which only Christ can do. Jesus is the only solution to healing in their marriage

33. Kindra Williams Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 11:20 am

I was married for 6 years. The whole time I was with him, my friends and family tried to warn me about his doggish ways, but I didn’t want to see it because I loved him. I too lost my best friend because she tried to warn me, but I ended up hating her and evetually losing her. Sometimes when we love someone, we can’t truly see them for who they are. When we do see it, it is too late. No woman deserves to be abused by a man. I just wish Evelyn the best and I will keep her in my prayers.

34. Gweneth Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 11:23 am

She sleeps with Chad on their first date, knows he is a self-proclaim man of arrogance and carelessness, and she’s upset he had a condom receipt? Really Evelyn?

35. Michelle Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Ev is getting exactly what she deserves. She is always trying to bully someone and make like she’s really ‘about this life’ In reality she is an ugly, gold-digging hoodrat that didn’t bother to help her parents get a descent home while she lived the high-life with athlete’s money she whored with. Antoine Walker knew – and NEVER married her!!! Chad told her he would bring women to the bedroom and she laughed it off and told him to use condoms, well, he did and she gets an attitude and is trying to ruin his career. I feel sorry for Chad, he should have done like the others before him – hit the pu*** and be out. Karma is a bitch and these media-whores are getting it hard in the a**. Glad Jennifer wised up and hope she will not let Evelyn’s tired a** come crying back – now that she’s proven wrong. Where are the punches you were always trying to throw, Miss Bada*s – You ain’t so tough when someone actually steps back to you –huh? Good luck Chad!! Leave that skank hoe!!

36. dee Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 1:42 pm

jen warned her but,evelyn didn’t want to hear the truth . so she turned the whole cast of basketball wives against jen. for being a true friend no one in the cast spoke up about chad. we all know love is blind. but you was just mean to jen.

37. Michelle Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Wow who know? Less or about 30 days that is so sad. But what did she expect? He told her he was going to contiune his life style and she said long as you use condoms, he said oh ok LOL

38. Ty Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 2:54 pm

HELLO! DING DING DING! I don’t know why some people are so surprise this happened. We are talking about two characters (and yes, that’s what they are!) who were not ready for marriage. Both of them are reality show trash! I do not condone violence between a man and woman under no circumstances, but people tend to seek what they are in the next person. Eve is a violent person and she clearly showed millions of viewers that on television. However, I hope they both can come together to decide on what’s best for them and their marriage.

39. Dee Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Why did she start this over condoms? She publically gave him permission to have other women on one of the shows. There’s some psycho in both of them.

40. Dee Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 2:58 pm

So, it appears their show will be cancelled: losers!

41. GJA Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 3:02 pm

The sad reality of this whole ridiculous situation is that both of these people have children, especially Evelyn who has a college aged daughter. What messages have been sent and what kind of representation are they both giving their children?? Domestic violence?? The whole reality show genre truly needs to go away. The entertainment industry continues to reach new lows by creating new ones each day versus quality shows with real, trained actors. When did this all become fun entertainment to watch people live out their private lives?? An absolute travesty all around!

42. tricia Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 4:06 pm

he’s a ho; she’s a ho! Even a blind man could have seen this coming!

43. Tiffy Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 5:25 pm

It trips me out the logic people used for others. This girl Evelyn had to run to her neighbors home to get help. She was hospitalized. Was he? Yes she has displayed some violent tendencies, which she apolgized for over a 10+ year friendship as well as some other things. However, she has also been in the raw about who she is and lets face it we all have flaws, made some crazy choices in our lives that we regreted doing. I say this for both of them. He under no circumstances such had head butted her. He could have killed her. That is a grown man he needs to check himself. I hope he is really taking the consequences in becuase this is serious. His diva ways is what got him in trouble. For her she needs to check herself too because she should know she deserves more in her life. Some of these women get caught up with marriage that they go with the potential of that person. We all have experienced it before. People dont be so hard on this woman. Really look at objectively. What if you had no known her??

44. Machell Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 2:00 pm

This marriage should have not taken place!!! Both of them are just alike in so many ways. Ev has displayed a lot of anger herself on her show but at the end of the day he is still a man. I agree with some of the other comments about her knowing what and who she was marrying. My opinion is she had to prove the world wrong about him that cost her being hurt in the end. Like Tyler Perry said if it walks like a duck quack like a duck ALFAC.

Comments