Christina Aguilera Follows Miley’s Lead With Crazy New Hairdo

August 14, 2012 06:11 AM by Stephanie Gustafson

The war of the hair is on! First, Miley Cyrus chopped off her locks and dyed the remaining strands platinum blonde. Now, Christina Aguilera is joining in the hair insanity with an equally strange new look: purple highlights. The singer debuted her new ‘do at a press event for The Voice. Miley gets a pass for being a teen, but Christina? Not so much.

We love Christina Aguilera’s beautiful voice, but her hair is a completely different story. Already known for bleaching the crap out of her hair, Christina has taken the chemical treatment a step further with a set of purple streaks. The result of her latest hair experiment is…questionable…The light shade of purple fits in better with My Little Pony than with Christina’s notorious cleavage-baring outfits.

This certainly isn’t the first time Christina Aguilera has stepped out with crazy hair. Who could forget those chunky black streaks during the Dirrty era? Or that time she donned an afro at the 2001 Blockbuster Awards? In an April interview with Us, Christina explained the reasoning behind her frequent hair and fashion switch-ups: “I like to keep it fresh and interesting. I get bored and I’m an artist first and foremost. I’m from the world of making videos and touring and I love theatrics.”

Christina Aguilera certainly accomplished her goal of having interesting hair. But it’s not necessarily a good kind of interesting. The good news is, unlike Miley’s Twiggy haircut, this disaster can be remedied in a few hours. Of course, there’s always the risk that Christina will choose an even worse style.

What do you think of the pop diva’s new look? Better or worse than Miley’s new ‘do? Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts in the comments section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “Like” us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Voice. For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Voice Links.

Photo Credit: NBC

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, The Voice |

26 Responses to “Christina Aguilera Follows Miley’s Lead With Crazy New Hairdo”

1. mark Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 7:24 am

miley and Christina Aguilera deserve each other, they are both fruitcakes!

2. scyren Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 8:02 am

You know, I was really not expecting this. How is a little bit of purple in your hair crazy?

3. Mori Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 8:58 am

I kind of like it. It’s not all crazy and “out there”, it’s a light shade and looks tasteful. Better than some of her styles over the years. She is such a beautiful woman that no matter what she does with her hair it would be tough for her to look hideous.

4. Jessica Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 9:05 am

I nothing wrong with her , it’s still long feminine looking unlike Miley looks like a lez butch. And stop talking crap about Christina just because she’s not full caucasian. I’ve noticed any crazy things white women do…it’s justifiable BUT when a non-caucasian does something…it’s criticized. Stupid racists media!

5. Jagjaguwar Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 9:18 am

Aguilera is a cow, getting uglier and stupider by the day.

6. Kim Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 9:23 am

While I’m sure Christina won’t be wearing the purple highlights forever, they are creative and certainly fun! Perfect for summer! I lov’em!

7. lindsey Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 9:29 am

I think she looks fine. Leave her alone

8. bflii Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 9:44 am

My little pony? I’d ride that little horse all night long!

9. observer Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 9:44 am

She really plumped up. Way hotter back in Genie in the bottle days.

10. Dago T Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 9:53 am

WHat hair? All I see is a nice set of ta-tas.

11. Jess Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 10:00 am

I actually don’t think this anywhere near as bad as Miley’s new do. In fact, it’s kind of cool on her.

12. Meowler Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 10:20 am

Okay…So I don’t entirely agree with the title of this article… “Christina follows Miley”?????
    Does no one remember ALL the hairdos that Christina’s been through throughout the years?? Way before anyone ever even heard of “Miley Cyrus”…

13. Jodi Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 10:22 am

WOW! She just dyed her hair! She isn’t following that stupid Cyrus girl. If anything, Christina looks ALOT better than her. I thought when I clicked it, Id see her bald. But just dying her hair!?!??!!?!? COME ON!

14. Al Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 10:26 am

I think she didn’t follow Miley it’s more the other way around. Miley tweeted her photo on Monday and Xtina had her hair colored Sunday. Fail

15. brandon Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 10:37 am

I would hardly say this is following mileys hair change this is acceptable and reversable mileys on the other hand was a fight with a lawnmower

16. Brandi Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 10:39 am

I love it I want to dye mine like that!

17. Christina Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 10:59 am

Wow highlights!! Womp womp. I let Christina pass with those highlights. As for Miley, I don’t care if she is a teenager. That haircut was a big mistake. It does not suit her at all!

18. jc Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 11:00 am

I like it personally. The only trouble with it is that it might look funny with certain outfits. But otherwise, Christina wears it beautifully!

19. crystal Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 11:43 am

i actually like them.. she didnt get a dark purple. i say leave her alone. she’s pretty

20. Chloe Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 11:48 am

I don’t see a thing wrong with her hair, certainly not even close the drastic hack job Miley did.
    Get with the era; this is fully acceptable fashion for all ages, now. This is your idea of crazy?? Sounds like you just want to find something rude to say.

21. Tori Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 11:59 am

That’s not even her hair, she’s wearing a full wig, you can see the difference between her hair and the wig.

22. Andrea Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Don’t know what the people in comments are talking about. She already looked fake and now she looks even worse.

23. tony Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 8:16 pm

who cares, they just need to be the focus of attention.

24. tony Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Who cares, they’re just seeking attention.

25. XC Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 9:27 pm

If anything Miley followed Christina. Christina has been sporting crazy hairstyles before Miley was even a thought.

26. funny Says:
    September 13th, 2012 at 9:54 am

It’s funny how most people don’t notice how much work Christina has had done recently she started with her fake boobs and now she added fat grafting to her once flat butt which is all of a sudden curvy and round.Christina’s face is now unrecognizable with those fake weird eyebrows and lip injections, she’s getting some weird injections in her face because when the camera zooms into her face it looks weird.The article shouldn’t be focusing on her hair she’s been bleaching the heck out of it for years to be like Marilyn Monroe with limited success and now her hair is composed of wigs.Why do celebs change themselves when they get famous? why are they all getting all this work done? even other celebs like Nikki with her fake butt too and Kim K whose not a celeb had fat grafting but insists her butt is real when that it looks like a deformed saggy diaper.Celebs should realize we liked them before they decided to start transforming their whole look and turning themselves into freak projects.

Comments