The Real Housewives Of New Jersey Recap: A Throwdown

August 26, 2012 08:25 PM by Megan Thompson

The Real Housewives Of New Jersey is all new tonight on Bravo. The wine continues to flow and so do the insults. Who starts the brawl and who finishes it?

The episode starts where last week’s left off, the awkward dinner at the wine estate.  Joe Gorga wants to liven up the party, so he strips down to his underwear and jumps in the hot tub.  Then Juicy strips down to his undies and Teresa yells, “you look hot baby!”  Kathy takes the time to seek out Teresa and ask her about the toast.  “Kathy and Richie don’t be so insecure,” is Teresa’s response.  The cousins continue to talk in the hot tub about how Teresa thinks Caroline is being stubborn.  Caroline can hear every word that is being said about her and is starting to get heated, but refuses to join in the conversation.  “She is a crazy bitch,” is Caroline’s response.

When the women get out of the hot tub, they all sit around and Teresa and Caroline start going at it. “I apologized, what else do you want me to do?” Teresa asks Caroline.  But then Teresa tells Caroline how much she loves her and her children.  Caroline isn’t buying “her bullshit” and refuses to be friendly.  The conversation then turns to how Teresa is a media whore and Caroline calls her a liar about planting stories in the tabloids.  While the girls are fighting, the boys are inside laughing about how the tabloids pay Teresa for bogus articles.

“I think you are a liar, a fraud and a disgrace,” are Caroline’s comments to Teresa.  None of the other women know what to do; Jacqueline is even pretending to be asleep. Uh-oh, now Juicy gets involved in the argument and tells Caroline to just end it.  “My husband will destroy him,” Caroline mumbles under her breath.  Lauren has finally had enough of the women not sticking up for her mother, so she stands up and yells at Teresa.  Teresa swears on her children that she didn’t write anything bad about Caroline in the tabloids.  In a heated moment, Teresa grabs Kathy’s face to look at her.

Juicy hears all the arguing, so he steps outside. “Let’s attack Teresa, bring it on bitches,” Teresa mocks the women.  Teresa says there will be no more stories about Melissa or Kathy, so I guess Caroline is fair game.  Juicy makes an excuse that he has work to do, so they need to go home ASAP.  Of course, Teresa is more than thrilled to leave the lion’s den. ”Let’s go, I want to get the f*ck out of here,” Teresa squeals to her hubby.

Just when you think the fight is over, Teresa comes barging out in her robe to tell Caroline that she NEVER wrote anything bad about her.  There is no convincing Caroline of anything different, so Teresa marches back into her room.  “She can go f*&k herself,” are Teresa’s final words.

The Gorgas decide to change their flights too, in order to show support for Teresa.  “I don’t care what anyone says, I’m going to back my sister up and make sure she get home safely,” Joe tells the cameras. It really warmed Teresa’s heart that her brother stood by her side.

Caroline kisses her boys goodnight and finally heads to bed. As soon as Caroline enters her room, she begins to sob. “I had a mental breakdown,” Caroline admits.

What did you think of the Teresa versus Caroline throwdown?  Was Caroline the bully or was she just fed up? Let us know what you think, leave us a comment below.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about The Real Housewives Of New Jersey. For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Real Housewives of New Jersey.

Photo and Video Credit: Bravo

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of New Jersey |

11 Responses to “The Real Housewives Of New Jersey Recap: A Throwdown”

1. vicky Says:
    August 26th, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Good grief!. Caroline Manzo is a nut case! What is she so mad about? She is so blinded with jealousy towards Teresa, for whatever reason. She is a vindictive person who has started this whole argument over NOTHING. She instigated tonight’s argument.

In the show’s opening statements, she says she hates drama. WHAT? SHE IS drama! She loves it and lives for it.

She is desparate for air-time and relevance, which she has none. She used the word “boring” in her argument. Well, she IS boring, her whole family is BORING. They bring nothing to the show. Time for them to go. Her family are such losers that she really SHINES amongst them and now that she is on TV, she wants to come across as this smart, “tell it like it is” woman.

To me, she comes across as a jealous, spiteful woman. Unfortunately (for HER), she has underestimated Teresa (and others) as she feels she is smarter than they are. She should be ashamed of herself and embarrased by her behavior on national TV. Is she so worried she won’t be asked back to HWNY? I can’t think of any other reason for a grown woman to act like such a fool.

2. kellylone Says:
    August 26th, 2012 at 10:23 pm

I wish. Caroline would leave teresa alone,the only reason she cried is because her daughter was the only one that had her back,because she like mess to because she fat and not happy.

3. Josephine Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 12:15 am

Caroline is garbage. Teresa definitely has a history of acting crazy and erratic but she never really did anything bad to Caroline. I’ll probably stop watching the show just because I can’t stand to watch phone Caroline.

Gotta love Teresa’s brother … he showed loyalty.

4. Avis Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 2:33 pm

I’m strictly in Caroline’s corner. She has shown a lot of honesty and not tried to curry favor with the media or fans. Teresa, on the other hand, is a master of deception. She attacks, runs away, and later when confronted, feigns innocence and transfers the blame onto the victim(s). This tactic is as old as the hills and just as dishonest and underhanded. I’m tired of her. She is also dumb, very often repeating whatever statement is made against her because she is at a loss for words or ability to counter attack. Caroline is wise to her and won’t play Teresa’s games. I really admire Caroline’s backbone and came away with a great deal of respect for her.

5. Kelsey Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 3:05 pm

I wish Teresa would just go away. She has lost her appeal.

6. blondannas Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 9:01 pm

I cannot believe Caroline tonight. She was a complete and utter bitch. I felt so sorry for Theresa. She is difficult to understand sometimes, but part of Theresa’s problem is that she finds it difficult to express herself effectively so that the others can understand what she is trying to say.
    She has little control over what the magazines are going to publish. Her friends are not sophisticated enough to know this, so they take things literally and do not believe her when she tries to explain herself.
    I don’t see a solution for the Caroline/Theresa problem since Caroline is incapable of admitting that she could be wrong. It is too bad.

7. ann Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 7:12 am

Didn’t care for Caroline the first few seasons, but I’m glad she doesn’t suck up to the table flipper Theresa like the other women do..Theresa and her husband are 2 lying snakes that will do anything for money.These 2 never admitt anything they do is their fault,they blame others..All Theresa does is sell her stupid stories for money.

8. Pam Says:
    August 29th, 2012 at 7:37 am

If and dog could talk I am sure it would sound just like that dog face Caroline. she sounds like it takes everything out of her to talk. This thing I wouldn’t call class, maybe trash yes. Hope she leaves this show. can’t stand to watch her. thank goodness for fast forward button. And you got to love Teresa’s brother and his wife.they are a breath of fresh air.This is why I stick with this show is just to watch him in his silly moods.Best of luck to you all. As far as Dog face Caroline’s family I wish no ill well, but PLEASE leave the show and takes your litter with you.

9. Jean Says:
    September 3rd, 2012 at 9:08 am

I think that Caroline got a big head at the beginning of this series. She WAS a fine mother, and a seemingly fine family. did jealously take over, or what? Or something with Dina? She has gone totally off the map with her continued baiting of Teresa. Caroline should know better. There is wisdom in age, and while I can see a younger woman with fire in her belly not letting go and walking away, for Caroline to continue to say and do the things she did last week, is just not acceptable. In my eyes, she is as bad as Danielle. I don’t think there is anything short of an apology to Teresa, that I would find acceptable enough for me to ever have any good feelings about her. Is she in menopause? What in the world changed her from a really nice woman, with good advice for all, to this crazed attacking bitch. I wish there were a nicer word to use, but thats all I can think of. If Caroline is around next season, I probably won’t watch it, but I will continue to buy Teresa’s books, and I think we saw the real Tre on Celeb Appren, when everyone thought her a kind nice woman. Maybe its just this Italian thing. The one thing I do hope happens, is that Joe continues to support his sister, and she him. His support could bring some of these other idjits into line. The other person I have always had a lot of respect for is Jacqueline’s husband. what happened to Jac? Why does she think Tre has to tell her everything that is going on in her life and in her mind? Thats nutz. I often wonder if some of this is stuff Bravo dreamt up and it is just a script. Good thing you got out Dina. You are way to solid to be in this mess.

10. sherry edwards Says:
    September 4th, 2012 at 3:56 pm

I’m with Caroline, she is just fed up with Teresa’s lie’s. she has nothing to be jelious of when it comes to that sociapath Teresa! Teresa has no Class!!

11. Kathryn Says:
    October 5th, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I believe that theresa’s past lies and malitious actions have finally caught up with her!!To keep it short Theresa is getting what she deserves she constantly berates others and says hurtfull unecessary things just to make her shamefull self look and feel better. Amen!!!!!! One last thought is that if theresa doesn’t believe she’s guilty of all the aligations she is “ignorant” think about that???

Comments