Big Brother 14 Recap: A Shocking Turn Of Events!

September 13, 2012 07:15 PM by Ryan Haidet

Tonight’s episode of Big Brother 14 was disappointing to watch as superfan Ian Terry found himself evicted from the house with less than a week left in the game.  Not only would it have been fun to watch such a fan of the show win the $500, 000 prize, but it would have been exciting to watch him battle it out in the end against Dan Gheesling.  Despite the disappointment that Ian was evicted, his ouster came as no surprise after Danielle won Head of Household and everybody had made it clear in recent episodes that they wanted him out.  How did Ian’s journey come to an end?  You’ll be surprised to find out!

Psych!

Ian getting evicted is something every fan (including myself) was anticipating — especially considering the spoiler sites had revealed he lost the Power of Veto to Danielle.  Hell, I even started writing this recap to discuss Ian’s elimination, which is what you read in the introductory paragraph.  But in a shocking turn of events, Dan turned the tables once again and found a way to spare Ian from walking out the front door.  How did it happen?  It was amazing to watch.

Nominations & Power Of Veto

The episode started with the nomination ceremony in which Danielle put Dan and Ian on the chopping block.  But she didn’t think of that plan on her own.  Nope.  The whiny-voiced tagalong followed Dan’s instructions in which he suggested she put him up against Ian.  That way, Danielle would be able to make Shane think he’s still safe with her despite her final-two deal with Dan.  This is proof that Danielle, who is guaranteed a spot in the final three with her HoH status, doesn’t deserve a single vote from the jury.  I really hope she doesn’t win because of a bitter jury voting against a true player.  That would be a shame because every move she’s made so far has been at Dan’s advice.  Which is also why Ian was saved from tonight’s eviction.

In the PoV competition, Ian, who realized it was very important for him to win, came very close to claiming victory several times.  In the end, Danielle won the PoV and said in the Diary Room that it was time for Ian to go.  Admit it, you were a bit bummed at this moment because it finally hit you that Ian was dead in the water.  I sure did.

Inside The Jury House

For the first time this entire season, we finally got to see a much-needed look inside the jury house.  It started calm and cool with Ashley there alone in a very zen-like atmosphere.  While it appeared the jury members were fighting like cats and dogs based on a tease, they actually seemed to get along just fine.  There was a small spat between Frank and Britney about loyalty, but it wasn’t that crazy.  It was basically Britney calling Frank out for being hypocritical about dishonesty.  She felt he acted as if lying and deceiving in the game was only OK if he was the person doing it.  Although they did have that fight, one thing is certain: they all feel betrayed by Dan.

Dan Makes Another Move

Up in the HoH bedroom, Danielle asked Dan what she wants him to do.  In another brilliant move, Dan said that he wanted her to make her own decision, but he added that he doesn’t feel safe staying on the block because he’s been a huge target for weeks.  Instead, he wanted her to use the PoV to save him and put Shane up in his place.  That way, they could keep both of them safe because he wouldn’t vote against Shane.  After making Dan promise he would keep Shane safe, she was seriously considering his plan because she told Shane all about it.  Strangely, he didn’t seem worried about anything because he totally trusts her and she totally trusts Dan.  Meanwhile, in the Diary Room, Dan was talking about how he would vote against Shane in a heartbeat — and if he were removed from the chopping block, he would have the only vote in the eviction.

Live Veto Meeting

Amazingly, Danielle listened to Dan and used the PoV to save him from eviction.  Since Shane was the only other option, he sat on the nomination couch next to Ian.  Moments later, Dan stood in the front of the room and voted to evict Shane.  Danielle’s jaw couldn’t have dropped open any wider.  She was absolutely stunned because Dan swore that he would make sure Shane was safe.  Amazing.  Dan is one powerful player.  After the eviction, Dan pulled Danielle into a separate room as Ian paced the house.  She questioned his constant lies, but he said that eliminating Shane was the best thing he could do for her as a coach.  He said that getting him out of the house was making it easier for her to win, which he claimed has been his goal the entire summer.

While I would love to see Ian win the entire game, I think Dan deserves it the most.  Sadly, I don’t think the jury will award him a majority vote because many of them feel betrayed and might vote for the lesser of two evils.

What did you think of tonight’s episode?  Were you shocked that Shane was evicted from the game?  Of the final three houseguests, who do you think deserves to win the $500,000 prize? Who do you think doesn’t deserve a penny of that prize money? Sound off and leave a comment below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about Big Brother. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Big Brother 14.

Photos courtesy of CBS.

Topics: Big Brother, CBS Reality TV Shows |

17 Responses to “Big Brother 14 Recap: A Shocking Turn Of Events!”

1. Dani Says:
    September 13th, 2012 at 10:04 pm

I definitely think Dan should win. Danielle has been ok but not there. Truthfully Shane and Dan is the only reason she is there. I hope Britney convinces them to leave the pettiness outside the door and realize they got beat by a better player. He seriously makes them look like amatuers.

2. Gail Says:
    September 14th, 2012 at 7:09 am

I am in the minority, but not impressed with Dan or his gameplay. He is the only one with lots of experience simply because he played and won the game before. He wrote books on the subject. The majority of these players were hand picked for entertainment value and knew almost nothing of the game. Some of them watched a few seasons before entering the game and that was it. As far as I know Ian and Frank were the only two who tried out. I woould expect Dan to be right where he is and why he is able to fool all of them. I am not a fan of repeat players unless it is All Stars because that is the only way all players enter on the same playing field. Janelle and Boogie were already gone and that just left Brit as a coach when Dan had his funeral. I am not surprised one bit that he is where he is, but not because of his brillant play, but by virtue of who he is playing against. If anyone of these three deserve the money I think it should go to Ian.

3. Gail Says:
    September 14th, 2012 at 7:23 am

I disagree in regards to Dan’s superior game play. He is playing against amateurs. He has played before and won. He also wrote books on the subject. I would be more impressed if Dan had done this in All Stars. In All Stars everyone enters on the same playing field. None of these players except Brit had ever played before. She also wasn’t a past winner. I am not a fan of returning players playing this game against people who have never played the game. Dan’s moves have not surprised me and would expect him to be able to pull the moves he has over these people. I would like to see Ian win this game and surprise Dan.

4. Ashley Says:
    September 14th, 2012 at 7:42 am

Britney should win fan favorite. Ian deserves to win this game. Dan doesn’t have respect for the christian religion he claims to be. Shane had the most integrity.

5. Valerie Says:
    September 14th, 2012 at 9:24 am

Frank should win favorite…come on – 6 times on the block? Always coming back? Dan’s game was skeevy & creepy; Danielle is really dumb; so I guess Ian should win – he was bad, but not that bad – just weird.

6. Theresa Says:
    September 14th, 2012 at 10:00 am

It was shocking because I thought that Ian will be evited from the house.

I hope that Shane win the 25,000 dollars.

7. Duke Says:
    September 14th, 2012 at 12:49 pm

I’m fairly confident the jury will give the votes to Dan, if he makes it to the final two. Britney and Jenn seemed to acknowledge Dan’s play up to this point. If the super-fan, Ian, ends up in the jury, I think he’ll do the same. Joe should vote on who he thinks played the game the best and has no other basis to vote on, since he was never truly aligned with anyone nor was he ever really betrayed by anyone.

In the end, I feel like Frank and Shane will vote for Dan because they’ll acknowledge what he’s done and how he’s masterfully navigated through the game.

The only wildcard vote, I feel, comes from Ashley. She may even vote for Julie Chen to win… I’m not trying to be mean, I’m just acknowledging that Ashley is one of a kind and how she votes will likely follow that trend.

Having said all that, I feel like Dan needs to win the final HoH if he wants to make it to the final 2. I think both Ian and Danielle will take each other at this point rather than Dan. Rightfully so, in my opinion, neither of them can beat Dan in the end at this point.

8. Hugo Says:
    September 14th, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I understand that BB has to show drama in the jury house, but PLEASE stop giving that whiny poseur Britney so much screen time. She is absolutely nauseating, and damn near as dumb as Danielle.

9. Doris Says:
    September 14th, 2012 at 4:03 pm

I would have loved to see Ian win. I hate Dan. The hate grows deeper each week. He has manipulated everyone & is a liar. He has already won so let someone else win the money. He cries for his family, well how much money do you need?Let others have a chance to make some money. I also, do not like previous people being brought back.

10. Louise Says:
    September 14th, 2012 at 6:20 pm

I agree with you Hugo, I did not like Brit in her first season, hate her even more now. She is a stupid stuck up bitch who thinks she knows everything, she is not so smart now is she???
    But Dani is sure stupider than Brit, Dani what was thinking putting up Shane when you know Dan’s game?? I hope she does not get into the final, I do not want her to win, not even second place, they get some money, BB i beg you do not give that a red cent. I would so love her to be the final jury member, that would fix that little slut bitch

11. debbie Says:
    September 16th, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Ian is a weasel. Da has already won the big bucks. I wanted Frank to win but he is already gone (too big of a threat) so of the two that are left, Shane should win.

12. Judy Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 12:51 pm

NO MONEY FOR DAN. I hope Danelle wins even tho she was duped by Dan so many times. I wanted Ian to win. BOO HOO

13. Roseanna Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Dan is a sleasy dishonest tool, I realize lying is part of the game but he was ruthless and heartless , not fun to watch him at all

14. Jaime Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I like Danielle but she can’t blame anybody but herself, dan has pulled these blindsides before and went against her wishes when doing it so for her not think it would be a possibility is just stupid. I don’t feel bad for Shane at all he says he didn’t volunteer to go on the block but he didn’t fight to stay off the block either. I don’t care how much he trusted Danielle it wasn’t her that was going to do the evicting. Dan obviously deserves to win if he doesn’t its because he went to hard on his blindsides and it makes it looks like he enjoys it and who wants to vote for a jerk. Either way can’t wait for tonight I think Ian could win if he wins the final hoh and does the ultimate blindside and does to Dan what he did to the entire jury, it would certainly garner a lot of respect from the jury and beating Danielle wouldn’t be hard since everybody sees her as dan’s puppet.

15. Dave Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 8:18 pm

I had Ian picked from day 1. Only because I wanted the underdog to win.
    Dans playing style was fine until the bible was put in play. If he does teach at a catholic school he and the flock should be ashamed of what was sais I’d word of the Lord.
    His students should never listen to him again because the words of Satan are coming out of his mouth.

16. Derek Says:
    September 20th, 2012 at 2:02 pm

I’m ok with Ian winning. Why is Danielle so shocked all the time!?

17. Cyninbend Says:
    October 2nd, 2012 at 12:16 am

So weird to see such a huge error never corrected sitting here almost 2 weeks after Ian won it all!

Comments