Kourtney Kardashian Pulled Out Penelope On Her Own While Giving Birth

September 17, 2012 02:54 PM by Stephanie Gustafson

The season finale of Keeping Up With The Kardashians included a number of bombshells. Perhaps one of the most curious of these occurred while Kourtney Kardashian gave birth in front of the camera…and proceeded to pull out baby Penelope all by herself! You can’t make this stuff up!

We’ve been expecting some footage of Snooki giving birth during the next season of Jersey Shore, but it looks like the Kardashians have beat the guidette to the punch! And while Snooki has promised a tasteful scene (focused solely above the shoulders and shot by baby daddy Jionni), the Kardashian version goes all the way, with footage of Kourtney pulling Penelope out.

One thing did impress us: the birth scene was extraordinarily calm. Both Kourtney and her baby were camera ready, which must be why the whole hospital room seemed eerily silent. It seems that they were already expecting Kourtney’s unusual move, as Khloe casually observed, “Kourtney just loves to pull out her own children.”

We did get a sweet moment after the birth, when Kourtney said, “It’s such a magical feeling to say hello to my baby girl. Her name is Penelope,” and proud brother Mason interjected, “No, her name is sister!” If nothing else, it will be cute to see Mason and Penelope interacting during future episodes from the Kardashian franchise.

What did you think about the whole Kourtney giving birth in front of the cameras thing? Is she going a bit too far in her quest for fame, or do you view this as a natural and touching scene? Feel free to share your reaction in the comments section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about Keeping Up With The Kardashians News. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out Sir Links Alot: Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

Photo Credit: E!

Topics: E! Reality TV Shows, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Kourtney & Khloe Take Miami |

77 Responses to “Kourtney Kardashian Pulled Out Penelope On Her Own While Giving Birth”

1. Sue Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 3:10 pm

I think she should have picked a waterbirth.

2. T McCarthy Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 3:12 pm

While giving birth is a beautiful thing…it is something that a family should share together…not the world….crass, vulgar and a bunch of media whores…enough already aren’t their 15 minutes up yet!!!

3. Gina Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 3:26 pm

I think it cool, she did it with Mason too it was strange to see but yet it seem right…where did she get the idea to do that cuz that was a first I’d ever seen of anyone to do that…I like Kourt and I can understand why she had to kick Scott to the curb…she needs a man not a boy and he refuses to grow up…Scott is too spoil and too affeminate for a real lady…and Kourt is a lady.

4. Mary Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 3:27 pm

I say…YOU GO GIRL!!!!

5. Amy Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 3:32 pm

I see nothing wrong with it. Women do it all the time on A Baby Story(or whatever it is called) on TLC. If she wants to share the intimate moment with us then she should be allowed to.

6. yea Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 3:35 pm

She did the samething with mason. i dont know what the big deal is now!

7. Eileen Shaffer Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 3:51 pm

On TLC, there are entire shows dedicated to childbirth, this is nothing unusual or bizarre. She did a great job!!

8. cc Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 3:52 pm

i’m sure the baby shoulders were already out. it’s not hard to do.

9. lisa Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Why are you making a big deal of her pulling out her baby? If you watch a baby’s story on tlc, you see some other moms do it too.

10. dennystone Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 4:00 pm

how disgusting to see her brother watching her give birth..what kinda family is this?..no wonder the guy is so screwed up….my god what else have they done to him?..and as for kim wellll really she could not buy her husbands parents a ticket to there sons wedding because it cost to much money ($300) but she has no problem buying her new BF a million dollor car?…that wedding was a money/rating thing for her and nothing else….she is all about the money…i think the only really person in the show that loves her husband is khloe…let wait for the bomb shell headline kim pregant what a suprise she will find a way to trap the new guy soon..lol

11. normal Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 4:21 pm

This is completely normal pulling the baby out and these things are on TV for all of america to watch. Between the discovery channel and TLC you can watch it as often as you want.

12. Carol Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 4:33 pm

To each her own. It is an interesting thing to see a woman pull her baby out; this is not shocking though. The K’s are known for their outlandish behavior and their fans expect the unexpected; odd as it may be. It is rather unsual for a Dr. to let the mother pull her child onto her stomach upon birth; however this was pre-planned and the baby was in a safe enviornment. Unusual, yes; gross, no.

13. cool Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Kourtney pulling the baby out is FOUL!!!

14. dash Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Um why is this suprising?!?!? she did the same thing with mason!! love you kourt!

15. Rose Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 5:02 pm

She did the same thing with Mason. Is that her thing?!?!

16. Joanna Backman Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 5:23 pm

well, since you asked, i think there are two places cameras should not be allowed, the court room and the birthing room, during the specific events. i had three children myself, i never would have imagined having a camera on hand. but, leave it to the Kardashians to turn everything into a money making event.

17. Tiffany Hatch Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 5:29 pm

I loved the delivery room footage. I thought it was a completely normal thing and she did pull Mason out too. Everything in the Kardashian family’s lives is on camera, why would they keep this from their fans?

18. Cindy Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Why is that such a surprise? She did the same with Mason on camera (pulled him out) where I think it went overboard is that her brother was in the room.

19. Laura Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Loved It! Such an amazing mother.

20. Eileen Shaffer Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 6:25 pm

I’ve watched more dramatic, graphic births on TLC, what’s the big deal, I thought it was quite beautiful, a for real moment in the Kardashian’s otherwise scripted lives.

21. Linda Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 6:55 pm

I thought it was a beautiful and memerable moment. From the fear and the excitement before she left to the hospital, to when everyone started arriving at the hospital and the pain before, right down to the pushing. And little Mason was the cutest big brother ever. Can’t wait to see more of his interaction with his baby sister.

22. alison Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 7:01 pm

She pulled Mason out too. This not news

23. veeny Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 7:12 pm

easy on the eyes surprisingly because did not expect that to happen

24. Allison Rainey Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 7:15 pm

I thought it was nice that she shared that private moment with us. I was not surprised about her pulling out her baby girl for she did it the same thing with Mason. Seeing that for the first time was quite impressive. Seeing it the second time was more impressive. She is a tough little lady. She is beautiful, smart and a good mother. She will loose that weight fast too. I hope she lets Scott in her world and not just to have babies. If she does not listen to him , he is going to walk. I see his point. And he has a point. It would have been nice to see his family there too.

25. Cara Harris Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 7:23 pm

They’ll do anything for money, including selling out one of the most intimate and intensely private moments of their babies lives. I wish these people would go away.

26. chicky Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 7:31 pm

its not like its the first time she’s given birth on tv or pulled out her child during birth.

27. Goddess Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 7:39 pm

I am Kar-sick of the whole Kardashian Klan…whatever generation they are popping out. Poor kids, they’d be better off adopted out.

What an American embarassment. Self-absorbed publicity whores all, and that mother is the god-awful worst!!

28. Karina Mercado Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 8:01 pm

I honestly think it was a natural and touching seen, it brought tears to my eyes! I admire Kourtney Kardashian for sharing such a beautiful moment with her fans. I don’t think she was going way too far at all. Love you Kourt!!

29. Sydney Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 8:24 pm

That was pretty wild but also moving. The baby bonded w/mom immediately rather than a stranger, i.e., doctor/nurse. What i saw on screen was that baby experienced her mother’s love, touch and eye contact upon entering this world I couldn’t believe how Baby Penelope immediately looked up at her mother, i mean you gotta admit, that was something, a newborn? I coness it looked strange but only because we’ve never seen it b4.Kourtney’s definitely a Baby machine. I enjoyed it.

30. Janell Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 8:41 pm

I think Kourtney is the least fame whore of them all. When you have a kids that’s all that matters… She loves those kids more than fame.

31. Max Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Why are you surprised? She did it with Mason too.

32. CeCe Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Hurray Kortney!! She did something other than just PUSH to assist with the births of her chidren. She did the same thing w/Mason, why are you guys making a big deal out of it now?? Giving birth is a natural, human process and she showed no more than others who’ve filmed and shared their births. She didn’t show her vagina -now that wouldve been tacky!!
    I found nothing repulsive about her behavior. Welcome to the world, Penelope

33. Lucia Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 10:20 pm

It’s the second time around for Kourtney. The first time it was amazing to watch and I can only imagine what yet another beautiful natural birthing footage Keeping up with the Kardashians fans got so lucky to watch was like. It’s definately natural and touching scene and it is exactly what good reality T.V is all about. With all the c-sections that can not be shared in operating rooms it is nice to see that there are some people still pulling babies out of their tummies.You can not get a more bonding experience than that.

34. Jessielynn Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 11:01 pm

I wasn’t surprised, because she did the same when they showed the birth of Mason, hence Khloe’s comment.

35. Esther Treichel Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 11:27 pm

I’m not a hater but I did that same thing 19 years ago. It’s the most beautiful, surreal feeling in the world. But woman have been doing that. Maybe she’s the first so called celeb to do it that’s why someone is making a big deal out of it.

36. Babe Says:
    September 17th, 2012 at 11:36 pm

NO, I WASN’T SHOCKED TO WITNESS KOURTNEY GIVING BIRTH. THE WHOLE SHOW IS “OUT THERE” – TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. I THINK THEIR SHOW IS THE MOST REALISTIC OF ALL REALITY SHOWS. THEIR LANGUAGE, CLOTHING, STORY LINE, PRIVATE FAMILY MOMENTS MOST OF US WOULD EXPERIENCE STRICTLY AWAY FROM CAMERAS. THEY ARE CONTROVERSIAL BUT KEEP ME INTERESTED.

37. Arima Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 12:52 am

Talk about the creep factor!!! Cannot believe how low these Kartrashian’s will stoop!!! EEEEEWWWWWW! No one wants to see that…it’s disgusting no matter how anyone tries to portray it. I was doing a crossword while the tv was on and when I looked up and saw her w/ her legs spread and reaching toward them I changed the channel. Now I read that she actually pulled that baby out w/ her own hands……DISGUSTING!!!!Also read that everyone in the world was in the delivery room. How much did they pay the dr. and hospital for that little bit? This business of anyone and everyone being in the delivery room for a birth is ridiculous. That is a private moment between the mother and father not the entire fucking world!!! But then, who are we dealing with here….the money whores!!!

38. comfy Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 2:15 am

well… i just love everything about the Kardashians, and i think Kourtney was just been natural… her baby girl is so so lovely, u go girl i am happy for you.

39. Cesar Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 2:52 am

This isn’t new news, Kourtney pulled out Mason too (:

40. foms Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 4:33 am

as a mom, i know what it means to give birth, for kourty to pull out her dotty on her own is lovely. i wish i could do that

41. Seexxyme Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 4:43 am

It is a reality show and she was being herself. It is something she has done before and it came natural to her. One thing I like about this show it does not cover up their faults – it is as real as it can get they burp they far– they are mean and nice to each other – they hurt each other’s feelings but know how to learn from their mistakes and make it right – it is as real as it can possibly get. Take it or leave it – I am looking forward to the next season.

42. evelyn Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 4:59 am

WHO GIVES A SHIT??

43. hate the kardashians Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 5:46 am

And for all of you people that thought it was wonderful….this is why we cannot get rid of these famous for nothing…media whores….

44. TomSwift Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 7:49 am

May you and your family, including your sisters, and mom, get out of camera range and disappear.
    You guys are nobodies, who cares what you are doing.
    Your dad was a good lawyer, end of story.
    America is tired of seeing reality show rejects. Your time in front of paparazzi is going to end in the near future.

45. TomSwift Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 8:03 am

Where did my comment go?

46. lovelyredd Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 8:23 am

I don’t understand what the big deal is about….When I gave birth 8 years ago, my Dr. told me to pull my son out, it was beautiful! Also, my brothers were in the room, doesn’t mean they were looking. Too many haters commenting on here! I love the Kardashian family and their show!!!

47. Lula Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 8:30 am

Ummm, you guys are a few years late. She did exactly the same thing with Mason, back when more people actually gave a shit about this disgusting family.

48. crexgirl Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 8:35 am

No matter what you think of the Kardashian’s, I’m appalled to see how many people are describing her birth as “disgusting” – what’s wrong with you people? It’s up to each couple how they want their birth room to be, and who they want in the room, not anyone else. I remember seeing Kourtney pull Mason out a few years ago and thinking it was one of the most beautifully primal things I’d ever seen, and I was happy to see her have the same instinct with Penelope.

We may only know them from reality shows and gossip mags, but let’s try to remember that these are real people and that’s a real baby being born into a real family. It’s a blessing.

49. Joseph Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 9:08 am

She did the same thing with Mason 3 years ago. You’ll probably see it on the endless reruns of the show.

50. theresa Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 9:19 am

While I feel the birth of a baby is a wonderful thing………..I DO NOT want to see someone pull a baby out of their own vagina………..eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww
    Kardashians, please go away!!!!!!!

51. Ivy Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 9:32 am

I thought it was the sweetest thing for Kourtney to pull out her own baby. Wish I had done that too when I gave birth to my sons!! YOU GO GIRL!!! I like your attitude and love watching the show. Keep the footage coming and hope you guys stay on for many many seasons.

52. Alana Nolan Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 9:33 am

I think it’s great, my oldest child saw his brother and sister being born and he remembers the experience. I think each families choice is different and special and how ever you choose to celebrate a new life coming into your world is just that your choice! To those who don’t want to see it, don’t watch it!!! Congratulations to Kourtney and her beautiful family!

53. tha vyxen Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 9:37 am

Damned if you do, damned if you dont. Kourt, shake the haters off. I think pulling out her children is her thing its beautiful when she does it. Kourt do what you do. If you can be famous for being famous, then do it. I would. I say ride it til the wheels fall off. But woman to woman, being a baby machine aint cute so get married and make an honest woman out of yourself. Real talk.

54. Roxy Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 10:01 am

To ALL You Negative Commenters; IF YOU DON’T Care about this Topic, WHY would you even take YOUR TIME OUT to Post? YOU are just REALLY Saying… “I am busy doing nothing.” – Oxymorons

55. Kathy Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 10:07 am

I think that what Kourtney did was awwesome, and she evidently wanted to share this , or she would not of done it……..I feel, if I had the chance, I would love to hang out with them for the day to see what they do,I watch the series all the time and feel apart of them……..So I say whatever they want, let them do………

56. Rapunzel Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 10:24 am

I thought the whole thing was just beautiful. Makes me wish I could turn back the hands of time and do the same with my 4 daughters.

57. J.D. Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 10:29 am

Kourtney, you’ve already had two children out of wedlock. Now, you need to make a serious commitment to Scott and marry him. You need to make an honest woman out of yourself already, girlfriend.

58. vivi Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 10:31 am

loved it. I think they have an extrordinary family bond. and love to watch all of the inner actions between them. a great show! congrats on the baby girl.

59. Jennifer Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 11:48 am

I thought it was a great scene with the whole family being there for her. I thought it was awesome that she pulled her daughter out just like she did with little mason. she is an incredible person and mother. I was looking forward to wathcing her go into labor and hoping we would see the blessing. so you go girl.. can not wait til the new season starts again :)

60. stinkerbell Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Although I hate to admit…I am becoming a K fan…to a point. Kourt’s baby joy and memories, and Khloe’s baby woes are awesome and heart-wrenching to watch. However, Kim…storing her eggs? It’s a good thing she has not yet procreated; let’s keep it that way. The only good thing to come from her harvesting, is if she donates…freely gives with no “take-backs”…the eggs to Khloe and Lamar, should they learn they need them.

61. Reality Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 12:55 pm

What a great life this kid will get… filled with drama and loser parents…. This is why abortions are legal.. save the planet!!!

62. Kdgmom Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 12:59 pm

It’s a REALITY show. Giving birth is reality. If you don’t LIKE the Kardashians then don’t WATCH the Kardashians. KHLOE IS MY FAVORITE AND I LOVE EVERYTHING SHE SAYS!!!!! Like I said if you don’t like them, don’t watch them…I’m sure your families say some of the same things.

63. hoopy Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 12:59 pm

This is so unreal that this is news…cant we just have regular tv back where we dont have to watch this puke!!!!!!

64. Keri Charles Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 12:59 pm

I think she’s brave and strong and childbirth doesn’t have to be a secret ritual.

65. K is Gay Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 1:18 pm

who fucking cares anymore about the damn Kardashians

66. Jaycee Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 1:21 pm

who gives a shit, like Evelyn said . . .

67. Candice Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 1:35 pm

I Love the Kourtney, and she has done what so many women only dream of doing. She is very consious of herslef and her surroundings, and there is true love in her heart. All the comments in the world, all the money in the world would not change her actions. She is genuine, and that’s what makes people envy her. I was happy to see her give birth, her family is just like mine, we like to share our love and joy with each other. And her brother was not sitting in front of her, they were sitting on the left side. And there was nothing eery about the silence in the room. It is normal to be calm and quiet while awaiting the birth of a child, not jumping around and acting crazy like a pack of wild animals. It was perfect just the way it happened, and I’m glad that everything went well, and without any complications. I was so happy for Kourtney, and I shared the same emotions as if I was there with them. Best Wishes and Much Love the Kourtney her babies, Scott, and the rest of the Jenners and Kardashians.

68. jim Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 1:35 pm

robert should have pulled out and saved the world from the kardashian whores

69. B.Mill Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 2:06 pm

i dnt c the harm in it. She and scott agreed on it so no one else she have anything to say about it. Plus women on TLC do it on a regular on shows like a Baby Story. OHHHHH!! because she is a kardashian its a issue smh? i cant figure out y people dis like these girls i personally LOVE THEM!!! ecspecially Khloe
    #teamkardashians

70. Rhonda Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 2:15 pm

People, what does the word reality show mean? You go Kourtney. Being a mom is a wonderful thing and if you want to share your experience with the world, I say DO IT! I love all the Kardashian’s because they keep it real….

71. Rhonda Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 2:18 pm

People, what does the Reality Show mean to you? You go Kourt. Being a mom is a wonderful experience and if you want to show the world then, I say DO IT! I love all the Kardashian’s, because they know who to keep it real….

72. Sol Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Do people not believe in privacy anymore?

73. eva Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Of all the Kardashisluts, Kourtney is the most annoying, with that tinny, whiny voice of hers.

74. RobMiller Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 4:46 pm

you know what, I am so sick of hearing about Kim and scott or konye. But Kourtney, that woman is amazingly beautiful and intelligent. WHat she did may have been somewhat scripted, but who cares, it worked, we are talking about it! I feel she can be the biggest Kardashian of them all if she stays away from that tool bag Scott! I think I saw him smoking crack with the hookers down on Lovejoy. Kourt get a real man who supports all you do!

75. Daniel Says:
    September 18th, 2012 at 5:49 pm

fucking sick.
    lol!!

76. Pam Moore Says:
    December 4th, 2012 at 11:22 pm

I know people have the right to do what they want, but allowing your brother and your dad to watch you give birth should allow you to watch them get their prostate and male check up.
    Women are so gullible and brainwashed. Makes you wonder what dad and brother have been allowed to see before all this. It’s just plain ole sick.

77. Pam Says:
    December 4th, 2012 at 11:32 pm

A female’s dad and brother have no business looking at his daughter’s and sister’s vagina, whether a baby is coming out or not. I don’t care if it is about them excited about the baby. You don’t allow your brother to look at your vagina. And what knid of mom and sister would sit back and allow that? The baby will be right there after she covers her vagina. Now to the medical persons. They ought to have some sort of decent standards and respect for women’s privacy as they always do for men. They should tell the men to leave the room.
    I’ll bet if that was the son getting a prostate exam, the nurses and the male doctor, would have kicked the sisters and the mom out. Why do women have to be the ones to show everything?? Your brother won’t spread his privates up in the air and say….look!!! :)

Comments